My new little pony mare was AI'd on Sunday morning...I'm so nervous because of the bad experience I had last year with my mare...tried 4 times no luck. Anyway, this mare is a maiden and we thought we would breed Saturday night and then again Sunday evening if no ovulation...BUT, I only rec'd one dose of semen, so vet opted to wait until Sunday am....Saturday am, she was at 35 follicle...I worried all night saturday if we should have bred her or not. Big sigh of relief Sunday morning...vet said she was at 39 and was starting to lose her edema...so please say some jingles for me when she checks her later for ovulation...if not, guess I am making a run to SO for another collection...UGH!! Didn't expect to breed this year, but SO said she is still collecting thru September, just will be a hot time of year for baby if she gets in foal, guess we will be doing some body clipping to keep it cool. Need finger crossing, toe crossing, etc. for luck....
Woop Woop, we have ovulation....now the long 15 day wait...haha...pls keep positive thoughts for me
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.Proud to be sponsored and supported by: