We bred my mare from the 24th of June to the 28th, (every other day...so three times.) We waited until 2 weeks after the day she went out of heat (14 days) to start teasing her again. We have been teasing her every couple of days since then. We teased her this morning as well. Today is exactly 3 weeks since the day she went out of heat (day 21). We are going to tease her once more in a couple of days.
I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week, but I'm impatient. How long do you think we should keep teasing her for? I was thinking that Wednesday (day 23) should be the last day...because I am having to haul her up and down every time. We just didn't want to miss another heat if she wasn't bred.
By 26 days after ovulation, you have a 90% chance that the mare in in foal if she has not yet returned to estrus... so tease to 26 days, then hope for the best!
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.Proud to be sponsored and supported by: