SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I'm beginning to worry about Uh-O...

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » I'm beginning to worry about Uh-O... « Previous Next »

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2581
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need help with Uh-O. She has this habit of holding her tail up and last night she was scratching her backend alot!

Then today, I caught her winking. I looked at her teats and they are speckled. I think it's way to early for speckled teats.

So I'm very concerned with all this going on. I could have sworn I felt the baby kick, but then again it could be the mare's movement.

I'm so worried she is showing weird signs that are too soon. She doesn't have any discharge from her vulva what so ever, so what gives?

She will be nine months pregnant next week.

If anyone can give me advice, I would very much appreciate it! Like I said, I'm very worried...

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn....was it hot today? When my mares are hot, their udders get all sweaty and icky and when it dries, it dries to the specks. If she's maiden ....butt rubbing this early does not surprise me. They seem to be overly dramatic about EVERYTHING
If she's eating fine and pooping fine, i wouldn't worry too much about her

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Diana.....with maidens it is a whole different ball games....they don't recognize what is happening to them and can really over react....Butt rubbing just means something itches most of the time....keep you eagle eye on her though......that is the fun
we are with you....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2585
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana and Terry, thank you very much for your thoughts! I'm probably going to need my hand held during this pregnancy and delivery. lol

This morning it's 35 degrees and her teats are still speckled. Would you girls worry about this? Today I'll take pictures of Uh-O's teats and see what you girls think. I'm sure I'm over reacting, but I love to hear your thoughts, seeing you both have been through it all.

Maiden mares are no fun! lol

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2586
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard from my vet and she confirms what you girls have said. Thank you both for your reassuring words. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you girls and this site!

I need to relax and enjoy this ride. lol I think I've said this at least once on here, I really don't like roller coaster rides. The ups and downs and the quick turns scares me to death. That just about describes how this feels to me. lol

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2667
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn....You know I would wash her udder and see if anything reappears...can you post some new pics of her udder? Thinking and praying for you!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2591
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you girls mind looking at Uh-O's photo album and tell me what you think? Gosh, it seems to me like she's developing an udder already. Sorry, I can't help myself. lol

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/Marq1horse/Uh-O/

I have a short video of her too, but it's boring. Only a mother would find interesting. lol

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...too me she looks perfect...just where she should be at this time!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2595
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan, I'm such a worrier!

I had a couple of beers tonight and that seemed to be just what the doctor ordered. I feel much better now. lol

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3152
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, I think it will help to just stay drunk until we get closer. LOL keep posting pics and milk test results and sleep it off...we'll let you know when it's time to worry. She looks great to me too

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2604
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Diana, if only I could, I would. lol Uh-O had a terrible night last night, as I could tell by the way the shavings were all pushed to one side. I don't know if she had a slight bout with colic or if she was cast in her stall.

What ever the case, tonight she is going in the birthing stall, so she'll have much more room to get up from laying down. This stall also has the camera and I can keep an eye on her.

Turn up the alcohol level one more notch! lol

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock
Username: Mary_23

Post Number: 138
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn stars just 9 months now and shes acting just like Uh-O she trashes her bed every night you can see where shes been rolling she is also starting to develop a bag udder skin streching then shrinking again .also foal moving well especially when she's bein groomed star is 275 days today if that any help .lol

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2621
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mary Anne, do you have pictures of Star? I would love to see what she looks like. Is she a maiden? It's getting exciting, isn't it! Scary too. lol

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn will try to get pics tomorrow of star .
star had twins last year and aborted at 7/8 monthhs shes has had 5 scans this time and theres defo only one in there this time she's nowhere near as big as she was last year thank god.lol

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I appreciate you taking pictures Mary Anne, I'd love to see what Star looks like now.

Uh-O is getting bigger every day, it seems. She's also extremely possesive of her food! In about another month, I'm going to put a fence down the middle of the dry lot, to separate her from the other two fillies. She'll have less stress this way and she'll get used to being by herself before she foals.

I remember Star aborting twins last year, that was very sad. I'm happy though, you have a single birth this year! You're Star and my Uh-O will birth right about the same time. How fun is that!!!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 140
Posted on Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry not had time to take any pics yet as my daughters mare has kicked down stars wall shes jelous that star pregnant so spent all day putting it back up the little madam.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2641
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohhh noooo. At least the wall can be fixed and no one got hurt or loose.

You don't have to hurry about the pictures Mary Anne, you do it when you have time. I know how much work there is around the farm.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US