SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Might have another foal on the way...

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Might have another foal on the way... « Previous Next »

Rusti
Breeding Stock
Username: Rusti

Post Number: 496
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well we all remember how excited out of my MIND I was when Chilli was about to have her foal back in the spring...now, I'm not so excited...here's the story. In June (3 weeks after Chilli foaled) my neighbor took in a gelding to train for some folks. This gelding jumped the fence that separates my pasture from my neighbor and was in with my horses (Chilli included) for a couple days before I managed to catch him and put him up for my neighbor to come get him. Well the day arrives for my neighbor to come get him, and I have Chilli put up in the barn with the gelding and they are being VERY sweet on each other, she was in heat, and he kept biting her on the neck and trying to mount...my neighbor sees this and says "Well a month ago he woulda been able to do her some good!" *sigh* So I didn't think a second thought about it. Now that was in June, and here it is December. Chilli never came back into a full blown heat after being in with that gelding...only winked and squirted a few times for a different gelding, but not like her normal heat. I was out spending some time with her last night and noticed she looks JUST like she did last year in December when I noticed her baby belly and started getting suspicious. I'm hoping and praying she's not bred...the last thing I need is a yearling AND another new foal. I was gonna rebreed her, but not until 2011. So, guess we'll just wait and see. In a couple weeks if my "impending foal" sensations haven't gone away then I'll probably load her up and take her to the vet. Oh and just so everyone knows...potential Daddy is a solid (no white what-so-ever anywhere...yuck, not my kinda horse) Sorrel Quarter Horse. He's a 2 year old so not sure how tall he's gonna be. He has decent looks, but not much of a brain. Kinda shy until he gets to know you...he was a sweetheart every time I was around him...not a mean bone in his body.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2300
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

UGH! Rusti, how about purchasing a WeeFoal kit? That would be cheaper than a vet exam. Just a thought.

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 148
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Marilyn...a wee foal may be the best (cheapest) first step!

Let us know what happens!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 497
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I looked at the WeeFoal website, $38 for a test, my vet only charges $35 to preg check, but I guess it would make up for the diesel I'd use/time it'd take to haul her over. There was lots of movement in her left flank today (and no gas) while I was out watching her graze...just like before...I will be sure to keep y'all updated.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2301
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your vet charge is very reasonable. My vet charges $38.00 for pregnancy check, plus the office visit of $35.00. You are fortunate to have a vet who doesn't charge you for the office visit. Now if it's a farm call, he charges $65.00, plus the preggo check.

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our old vet (we terminated the relationship due to repeated, over 8 months, billing irreguarities last week) charged $90 for a farm call and $75 for a preg check. So wee foal was always the cheaper option!

Good luck!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its 70 for a farm call and 35 for the US. So cheaper to do the wee foal for us also.
Hope she turns out not bred for you!

Christi Christofferson
Breeding Stock
Username: Cchristofferson

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Omg Rusti, looks like we both might have more "accidental" mustang foals on the way... Again. Lol. Well good luck, I understand how you feel about another foal. The only reason I am pondering keeping Trust until she foals is so I get a chance to see Ace's first progeny. The last foal she threw turned out really nice, but I'm not a big fan of the mare's personality and her conformation is so-so. (I don't like the angle of her shoulder.) So I am trying to decide if it's worth it to keep her until she foals. Good luck =]

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 499
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a few pics of suspected Dad (if she is even pregnant lol):
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/ConnorOlRoy9-30-09.jpg

Ignore the jerk on his back in these 2 pics lol:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Roy.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Roy2.jpg

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 501
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got ahold of the owner of the colt today, she can't remember exactly when he was gelded but she's going to look it up and call me back. Hopefully I hear from her tomorrow. Me and Chilli went for about an hour ride tonight and afterwards I took some pictures to compare to last year's, when she was 6 (or 7) months pregnant.

First, here's a pic of her from about 6 weeks ago, when she was on better pasture than she's been on for the past 4 weeks, and getting feed:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/MeFergieChilli11-10 -09.jpg

Last year in December:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/Chilli12-14-0801.jp g
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/Chilli12-14-0805.jp g

And tonight:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2491.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2493.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2499.jpg

She does have a pooch in front of her udder like she did last year. You can't see it cause she's so fluffy but I felt it. Whiskey was weaned in September so I don't know if this looks like a normal udder for 3 1/2 months post-weaning.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2497.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2498.jpg

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 903
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, how far along do you think she would be?

She doesn't *look* pregnant to me, but that could depend on how far along she is. Her udder looks about right for three months post weaning. I do have to say that she has gotten a little more of a belly from the pic from six weeks ago until now.

It also seems unlikely that a colt would be able to breed her 30 days after castration, or somewhere in that time frame. I've heard of fourteen days, but 30 days just seems like a lot.

Have you tried WeeFoal? Are you hoping she's in foal, or not? It would be interested to see what a mare with that much color produces with a totally solid colt (I love solid horses). It's a shame people can't be responsable and keep their horses, especially stallions (or new geldings) secured.

For what it's worth, most of my mares won't show full-blown heat when they have a foal at side. A couple do, but most don't, they are more worried about the foal.

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 502
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The gelding was in with her mid-June, so if she's pregnant she's around 6 months. I haven't done a pregnancy test. If I do anything I'll take her to the vet for palpation. I don't want her to be pregnant...one colt on the ground is more than enough for me to deal with lol. I'm gonna wait and see what the colt's owner says about his gelding date, then decide if I want to take her to the vet or not. I know it's rare but I read online that a new gelding can still impregnate a mare for 60 days. Like I said rare. Hopefully I didn't get that 1 in a million occurrence lol.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 904
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, I'll snap a pic of my almost 6 month pregnant TB mare tomorrow... she looks fairly similiar to Chili's pictures... not really looking 'pregnant', but a little more round than normal.

Keep us updated!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chilli had lots of quick thumping movements on the bottom of her belly today. She was also holding her tail almost straight out horizontally behind her while she was eating hay, but she wasn't have gas or anything (as far as I know), just held it out for a minute or two. Kind of odd, she hasn't done that since a couple weeks before she foaled.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1905
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, Hurry and go get her palpated already!!! The suspense is killing me!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 505
Posted on Friday, January 01, 2010 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too Holly lol...I think I'm gonna load her up and take her next week.

Kathee McGuire
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 1611
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 07:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just checking back in after a long absence and found this post. I recognized everyone on the post so thought I'd say hello. Is there a post out here for the 2009 babies? I'd love to see how everyone is doing. I did not breed Dream back in 2009, but am preparing for an early 2010 breeding.

Rusti - I will cross my fingers for a neg test!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1913
Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK Rusti! Whats the verdict?

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 507
Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't know anything yet. Strangely her udder size seems to be increasing. Could be my imagination, I dunno. Belly is looking the same but I do notice that at certain times one flank is full while the other will be sunken in, and vice versa. The other day she was doing the "snakey tail" move, I haven't seen her do that since about a month before she foaled this spring. Anyways, it's supposed to be horrible weather the rest of the week (gonna be a low of TEN DEGREES tonight with ice and snow and 30 mph winds) so I might try and take her to the vet next week. Or I might curl up with a blanket and hibernate, and y'all won't hear from me until springtime LOL.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! I dont blame you, I wouldnt get her out in that weather.

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 510
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well here I was saying her belly looks the same.....guess it "looks" the same and that's it, lol, I rode her last night before the temps dropped, and I had to lower my back girth TWO HOLES (western saddle) since I last rode her about a week ago. Main girth tightened to it's normal spot. So I guess she's getting wider and that's why I'm not noticing it, since I've just been looking at her from the side and not the back. Anyhow next week it's gonna be in the upper 40's, even supposed to be 53 one day, that'll sure be nice, so that's probably when I'll take her.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 914
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, YIKES! Those temps make me thankful I live in California. I wouldn't want to be driving a trailer in that weather either.

Did you ever hear from the colt's owner?

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, never heard back from her.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2768
Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, Your weather report tempted me to look at your profile, and I never realized we're neighbors!!!! I'm in Oklahoma City! (I may have known this at one time, but forgot LOL)

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, how about an updated pic?

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 513
Posted on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, I think I remember seeing that you were from OKC at one time...but I too forgot lol. So HOWDY, NEIGHBOR!

Holly, I actually meant to take a few pics of her today, and the brat wouldn't stand still long enough, and the wind was blowing and it was about 20 degrees, so I said the heck with it lol. I promise new pics next week when it warms up. From the back I can see belly sticking out on both sides now. Still got movement in the flanks. *sigh*

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 918
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 02:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news Rusti?

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 518
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, sorry I haven't updated! I'm gonna go outside and get y'all some pics today, the weather here finally got nice! Supposed to be 60 next week!!! Hard to believe when just 3 days ago everything was ICE. Anyways, Chilli is turning and looking back at her belly alot. Still got a wide belly and not a low one. I'm torn on taking her to the vet. There's days I swear she's pregnant, then there's days I swear she's not lol. Last year when I thought she was pregnant I was REALLY sure of myself. Now, it's a little more iffy. Might just wait it out and see what happens.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1919
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rusti, you would feel better if you knew for sure ...as would the rest of us lol!
Looking forward to the pics!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 522
Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a few new pics from 2 days ago. Not much has changed except her belly has a little more width. There was definitely some kind of quick thumping happening in her flank tonight that wasn't gas. And she's still watching her belly alot. Today I went for a trail ride and I tied her to a tree for a minute so I could cut some limbs and I looked over at her and she was peeing, I thought "Geez if only I had the WeeFoal test right now" LOL. Oh well. Guess I better take her to the vet and get it over with.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2527.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2529.jpg

I couldn't get her to un-cock her leg so this pic kinda stinks.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2528.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2530.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2531.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/RustiZoomZoom/Chilli/HPIM2532.jpg

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 525
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to let everyone know that Chilli goes to the vet to get preg checked tomorrow morning! Let's all hope for not prego! But alas, she gets wider by the day, so I dunno. I'll let you all know tomorrow afternoon.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 932
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 01:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Rusti! I'm sure you'll be much more at ease knowing either way :-)

sally
Yearling
Username: Sally_c

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 04:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fingers crossed for you Rusti, at least you'll know one way or another.

Tina
Weanling
Username: Hotti

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my mares are 5 mths preg..they have a distinct u shaped belly (it kinda peaks in the middle). They have no udder yet..only cude(fat)..all PTIF. Hope this helps when looking at your mare.
Goodluck and hope it all goes the way that you hope.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2335
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish you luck Rusti.

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 526
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not pregnant!!! *does a happy dance*

(Message edited by rusti on February 02, 2010)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2336
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's great news Rusti!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 527
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know, I'm sooo relieved! And she was a very good girl at the vet. Made a terrible face the whole time, but was good lol.

sally
Yearling
Username: Sally_c

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thats brilliant Rusti, you must just be feeding her to much lol, at least now you can rest easy knowing there isn't gonna be any suprises.

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 528
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, guess it's just a hay belly, with it being winter time she isn't getting ridden NEARLY enough because I'm a pansy and hate cold weather LOL.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on the not preggers Rusti!

Rusti
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 529
Posted on Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Holly! I'll still be here keeping up with everybody else's babies. In a couple years I hope to have another myself, probably have Chilli bred to a grulla Spanish Mustang.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 321
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn,

Decided to come back on board once in while to see all those wonderful posts in which I always learn something new! How r you and how did it finally go for you and those mares of yours?? Spring is now going on 24 yrs this March :-) and Ms Summer is going on 2 already time does fly doesnt it! How is Jan?

Take care
L

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2344
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie... Hi! How nice to see your post! Things are going quite well, thanks for asking. How are things with you? Are you planning on breaking Summer next year or are you waiting until she's 4 years old?

Time is flying by! How is Summer doing? Do you have any recent pictures?

I have one pregnant mare this year, her name is Uh-O. She will birth sometime in June or July. Probably June.

I've gone completely nuts and leased 3 German bred Holsteiner mares to breed this year. This opportunity became available and couldn't pass it up. They are huge, beautifully bred, awesome movers, all of them. Two are aprox 16.1 hands and the other is 17 hands. Like I said, big girls! They are so sweet and love to be loved, so I think they'll produce some lovely offspring. They are 16, 14 and 8 years old. The 16 year old has some issues being bred, so she'll be a challenge, but the other two are easy breeders... (I'm told)

So you see, I've gone off the deep end and I can either sink or swim... LOL!!

Great to see you posting, please share some pictures of your Summer, I'd love to see them!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 934
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MARILYN! You must share pedigrees and pictures!!! Welcome to the deep end :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2632
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh wow Marilyn..you quietly went about this :-) Come on girl give us more details! Good for you!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2348
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leasing these girls has really given me heart burn and sleepless nights! What have I done? LOL This economy stinks and here I am leasing and breeding mares. Ugh!!! I must have my head examined.

I haven't said anything up until now because I'm not sure this is a smart thing to do. I'm taking a huge chance here and I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake. This is a very expensive endeavor.

Don't get me wrong, the mares are awesome (I can't give out too much information regarding the mares as of yet, per the lease agreement), so I can't say anything about the pedigrees, only that they are full blooded German Holsteiner mares. The oldest of the three mares had a foal that was sold back to Germany and is a very famous dressage star today, so the quality is there.

Mike and I are in the process of finding stallions to breed to them. We have contacted a long time breeder in Germany to help us in selecting the right stallion for each mare.

I pray this is the right move, at the right time...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...I will just pray right along with you. Life is too short to second guess...Enjoy what you decided full heartedly would be my recommendation...if you worry about the what ifs then you will miss out on the here and now :-) Since August I have really tried to be in the present not worrying about the past it's done and not wasting time on the future which is not promised :-) Congrats and maybe when you pick the baby daddies you can share them :-)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, you have no idea how badly I needed to hear that! THANK YOU!!! Big Hugs your way!!!!

Marilyn

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2835
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jan, I needed to hear it too....thanks. So many things going on these days and wondering if decisions I make are good ones. That little piece of advice has set a part of me at ease...and when and where I least expected it.
~Thanks!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2634
Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US