SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

,,Blnking?'' urine Consistency/Color?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » ,,Blnking?'' urine Consistency/Color? « Previous Next »

Hans Dittman
Neonate
Username: Hdittman86

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello!

I study Zoology in the Christian-Albrechts-Universitšt in Kiel, Germany. We have studied Farm Reproduction and there was always mentioning of Mares ,,blinking.'' (I hope that this is correct English Translation.) But I never saw Pictures or Videos of it, so it confused me. Clitoris fastly moving in and out, but just the Clitoris? It is so strange. Does anybody have Videos or Pictures of Mares blinking? That would help clear this for me.

Also, in the Class there was mentioning of Mares in Heat urinating different Color, different Consistency Urine. Is this like how we urinate either clear or dark yellow Urine? Or is this different? Again if anybody have Videos or Pictures of Mares urinating ,,heated'' Urine which is different in Color and Consistency that would help clear this for me too.

This Board seems to have lots of Information. Too bad I do not read or speak English well. I hope you all understood me okay.

Thank you!

Tina
Weanling
Username: Hotti

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Estrus mare "winking"

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG..IT WORKED!!! ive been trying to put this up for you for what feels like forever!!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

but i dont think ive done it right still! can someone HELP!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2660
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The image link works, although I tidied it up a bit :-) There are instructions for adding links to be found in the help section of the web site, which might help you further.

The translation to English is not "blinking" but "winking".

The change in urine colour and consistency is due to an increase in estrogen levels within the urine (the estrogen being secreted by the developing follicle). The urine will become thicker in consistency (i.e. not clear like normal urine), and more yellow. I am not aware of pictures of this, but there is more discussion about the subject on this bulletin board.

kaitlen Tuttle
Neonate
Username: Kattuttle

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question and not sure where to post. My question is on my 7 yr old mare. She use to be nice and I was not scared of her at all, but about 1 yr ago I noticed that she was becoming more defiant. She also started acting like she was in heat all the time. The place where I board her said that every time they go in to feed her she starts peeing in the same spot and winking. I made sure that they did not have any stallions on the property before I moved her there so that can no be it. But if she is even around another horse she starts her stuff again. Today we put her in a small field to let her run and she tried to run through the fence! It was like she did not even see it. I think she was paying to much attention to the horses next to the other fence. They werent even aging her on. just watching her act stupid! Can someone help me figure this out. The boarders said that she might have cysts on her ovaries. Dont know.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 06:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might want to have her reproductive tract evaluated by a veterinarian that specializes in equine reproduction. There are a couple of possibilities, including infection or a GCT that could explain some or all of the behaviour, and which might be treatable.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US