SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Filly bagged u?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Filly bagged u? « Previous Next »

Tina
Weanling
Username: Hotti

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have just got home after a few days away and went over to check my mares...I have a two yr old filly running with them and she has bagged up????...OMG... We have a stud colt whom she does not run with..and when she did he was only 7 - 8 mths old. We have been curious about her size for a while because she hasnt grown out as tall as she should have and has always had a bit of a frog guts...but I cant think how long i have had her...it would be about 11- 12 mths i spose and the fella we got her from did run all his stock together including stallion. But is there any other reason she may have bagged up?? and I cant seem to get any water/milk from her either??? PLEASE OH PLEASE GIVE ME A ADDVICE...IVE JUST BROKEN HER...AND IM WORRIED!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8 mths ive had her...so fewwww...that means if shes in foal ..THIS IS NOT MY BLUNDER!! and if she is then shes gonna have a purebred appaloosa...instead of a quarterhorse x!!! OMG..I HAVE TO GO HAVE ANOTHER LOOK I THINK AND SEE IF I CAN GET SOMETHING FROM HER UDDER! Lets hope a bee has stung her on the boobies!!!!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

plus can i add..she has been showing signs of season..Yes i know some mare do show thru prgnancy!! I cannot seem to entice anything out of that udder..plus her girly bits!!!!!..doesnt look like it has swollen and i wish a foal luck..if it was comming outa there!! But she has a definite tum tum Here i am thinking it was due to the capeweed..HEY...could the Capeweed have dont this?

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 133
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes horses seem to have big bellies when they come in from the field because of all that they have been eating. To be sure what is going on I would call out the vet or if you are trying to save money, use wee foal.

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mmmmm..she still looks suss...bag still larger than it should be!!!

bonnie scott
Weanling
Username: Litted

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you have pics of her belly and udders? some filly's/mares also bag up when in heat, or for other reasons. I think it's pretty unlikely she got pregnant at 8 months old.

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 02:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeh i have heaps of pics..but cant get em on here!!! she is 26mths old..ive had her for 8mths and she was 18mths old when i bought her. She was running with a stallion and colts plus broodmares according to the fellow i bought her from just previous to me viewing her and taking her home!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i know of a filly that foaled at 21mths and she totally shocked the hell out of everybody! Hoping this is not the case with my filly. Why would she bag up with this heat and not the others..never evr noticed this before. I am always checking udders on my mares as they are all in foal..and often look at the fillies to just out of habit...this particular day came as quiet a shock to me as the change was rather significant after a couple of days away.! I could get her palpated but i have decided to just keep an eye on her and continue her programe as normal as..and take her easy until we have a result either way!

(Message edited by HOTTI on November 25, 2009)

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

strangest mare ever..still bagged up...then she leaks fluid..then bags up again!!
She also walks around the pregnant mares sniffing their backsides and urinating on top of others urine, curling up her lip and acting like a complete twit!! She seems to have grown into her tummy and looks rather spectacular even. Thinking i will have to have a vet examin her reproductive kit before i breed her... but for now i will just enjoy riding this funny little filly who has turned out to be the most amazingly talented little horse. hehehehe..makes me giggle!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US