SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I have no idea if my horse is prego or not

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » I have no idea if my horse is prego or not « Previous Next »

Sara Bing
Neonate
Username: Ellis_girl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've had my TN walking horse (possible quater horse cross) mare for around 8 months and my farrier came out last week and said he thinks she is pregnant. We haven't had her around any studs, therefore she would be around 8 months along if she was. But we can't get a vet out this week and i would really rather like to know if at all possible if she is or not. Her nipples are protruding out from her teats and she has a larger lump then usual on her side... which my mother just informed me today has moved around... i would really rather her not be pregnant because i have started training her on the barrels and really don't want to have to hold off on tiding her. please help if you have any advice or tricks on how to tell

(Message edited by ellis_girl on July 27, 2009)

Mr. Wright
Nursing Foal
Username: Dogpony_show

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum! Iím sure someone with some experience will be along shortly to help you. In the mean time if you search around a bit I think you will find this question has come up and been answered many times.

Sara Bing
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks very much for the welcome... in the mean time i am looking at all my vet books and every other resource possible, I'm only 15 but i have a big heart for animals.

Sara Bing
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here are some pictures. its raining so she's wet

http://s354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2499
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sara, it doesnt' let me view the album. From within your album, click on "slideshow", then at the bottom copy the link from the "share this view" part. Then it'll let us see it

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 796
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only way to know is to get a vet check her...

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2501
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sara, if you go into your photo bucket and click on the pic, it will offer 4 options to share it. Click on "direct link" then it will let us see

Sara Bing
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/420.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/419.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/418.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/422.jpg

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r418/saprks/Pregnant%20possibly/421.jpg

Sara Bing
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Diana. I feel kind of stupid lol but thanks for the help

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, she definitely looks like a mare who has had a few foals in her day.....as far as prego now? hmmmmm......hard to tell at 8 months, as some dont' start to show until very late. There's only 2 ways to know....wait and see, or see a vet!

Sara Bing
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks... her teats are getting bigger almost daily so we're getting a vet out this weekend to check her

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US