SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Breeding for 2010 Foals-Part II

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Breeding for 2010 Foals-Part II « Previous Next »

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi: I am still trying here in FL..and it's hot...I bred July 27th, 2007 and got a foal June 14th, 2008...it was not terribly bad...I would say it's up to you, but with a 17 year old mare...she will be 18 next year...so that would be my only concern...unless you have deadlines to breed under..what does it hurt to keep trying if you have the funds....? I really don't remember what my tests cost...I would think somewhere around $50...and they were clean...if she's dirty, of course you would have more expense for treatment....I hope this helps some...Kim

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling
Username: Heidicald

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm. That's good to know. Where in FLA are you?

I have to decide soon. (Kati had a 28 follicle on Friday of course!) Most likely I would miss this cycle if I have to culture/biopsy her. I will call my vet int the morning and try to figure out the best scenario. I also compete this horse so if I do NOT breed her now, it is ok, she will go back into serious training so I can show this fall.

When do you have preg check on Sweetie's live cover? Don't you just hate the wait? It kills me.

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 503
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi: I'm in Ocala, FL and it's very hot right now I tell ya! I think her preggo check is around the 9th..I bred her on the 28th...usually the vet just calls me when it's time...I'm doing the regumate thing now...I just rec'd my monthly vet bill...UGH!! Oh well, hopefully, she's pregnant and that will end soon. LOL

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Heidi, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Life on the farm has been crazy recently.

The culture, cytology and biopsy cost somewhere around $200.00 for all three tests, in our area. This is just for the tests. If she needs medication, that is probably around $85.00 per infusion. They generally get infused three to five times, depending on the antibiotic that's used. I believe Gentamycin is a three time dose. The lab will tell you what the infection is sensitive to the infection.

The lab work takes 3 days or so to get the results and then you start medicating while their in estrus. Then afterwards you have to do more lab work to make sure they are infection free before attempting to breed the mare. This lab work would be done the next cycle.

Of course, if the lab works comes back clean the first time, you're ready to breed either at that time, if she hasn't ovulated yet, or the next cycle. You can give Prostin to bring in back into cycle earlier, which is what we're doing this time with our mare.

The biopsy will give you a good idea regarding the condition of her uterius. Mine had a grade 1, which is fantastic, but she had what is called a biofilm. It's a mucus covering the uterius that kept the antibiotics from getting to the infection. We had to medicate to get rid of the biofilm, then after that was gone, we medicated the infection she had. (The whole Biofilm thing is a new concept and some vets are not aware of this condition. I can give you more info on it if you'd like.)

As you can see, having lab work done on the mare is imperitive at this time, because you need to have a complete picture of what is going on in there. If the lab work comes back clean and if you get a good biopsy report, your set to breed. If not at least you'll know what needs to be done. You'll know it's not the mare's state of her uterius that's causing the problem, and it's either the condition of the semen or just bumm luck...

This is just what I've experienced and I believe I've covered everything I can think of, but you're present vet sounds like he/she knows what needs to be done.

I know this is adding alot of expense, but this should have been done in the beginning. Shame on the university for not doing the job properly in the first place. You hire the best you can afford, to do a complete evaluation, and you got only half the picture. This really upsets me!

As far as the hot weather is concerned. I had a mare foal July 11th of last year. It was hot and buggy! It's not ideal of course, but the foal did fine and she grew an extreme winter coat by the time cold weather came along. I guess it depends how badly you want this foal.

I know this is all complicated and I've tried to explain it the best of my ability, I hope I didn't make things seem even more complicated then it already is...

Good luck!
Marilyn

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, thanks so much for all that info, you are SO very helpful.

Yes, the more I think about it, the more I think I was not exactly done right by UGA. I don't like to blame people for unfortunate things but I think a cyt/biopsy should have been standard in an initital repro exam with a 17 yr old mare who has not foaled in 5 years. Of course, this is me talking AFTER the fact... I honestly just did not know to request one.

I am going to call my home vet tomorrow morning about having these things done and decide if I can afford to do it now or not. I will likely need to wait until next spring.

I will keep ya'll posted. Hoping Sweetie gets in foal too, Kim! If she does, I am officially driving my mare to Maryland to make a hot live cover date with Rousseau. Maybe all they want is the real action, hmmm....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're welcome Heidi. Let us know what you decide to do.

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 806
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tomorrow is the day at WATCHMAN...we check nicola at 15 days, europa for a heartbeat. Needles and pins!!!!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2090
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Terry! I hope all goes well for you!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2560
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wishing you only positive news!!! Good Luck!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This board needs GOOD news, lets hear it!!! Best of luck..

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 739
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Terry! My fingers are crossed for you.

We will check Trea either tomorrow or Wednesday for a hearbeat. She lost the last pregnancy between 16 and 25 days... I'm really hoping she held onto this one.

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 504
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been lurking, but have to post to wish everyone good luck with the upcoming checks! I'm thinking of you all and praying for good news! :-) Kim

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 807
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks everyone...it will be 1pm....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2091
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry, my thoughts and wishes are with you today. I hope to hear all good news!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2094
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I check here every so often and still no word, hey Terry... I hope you have good news for us!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2563
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn....I've been checking too...but she probably still out with the horses...

How is Uh-O and whats going on with her?

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan, I'm not sure what's going on with Uh-O. Zealand had a very bad leg injury involving a fence and I'm totally involved with her care since then. So I've not asked what's going on with Uh-O. I figure, let the vet take care of Uh-O and I'll deal with Zealand.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 810
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well I am back from the farm...the good news is Europa, Eneida, Galea, Galera, Doctora, Preciosa and Fabullilla are well in foal but Nicola is not...no explanation and my wonderful vet is very frustrated...sometimes nature takes over and that is that. We are done for this year but I am not unhappy as we are looking at a wonderful foaling season in 2010.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2564
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Terry....7 upcoming foals is something to celebrate!!! Hopefully something can be found out on Nicola...I know you are disappointed but 7 is a very good number! You will certainly be busy next year!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2565
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...I am sorry I did not know! What happened to that silly girl? You really are deserving of some good news with all that you have been dealt. Hoping for Zealand's speedy recovery....hugs

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 742
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn Terry, sorry about Nicola... what a shame after all of your efforts.

That is great news that all the others are still safely in foal though! :-) What an exciting Spring it will be for you next year!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 811
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn so very sorry to hear your news...stall rest with youngsters is always difficult...antibiotics can work wonders and I will hope and pray they do their miracle for you.

Please keep us up to date so we can support you....you are a special friend and I care about your feelings.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2099
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shoot I deleted my entry by mistake. I don't know how, but I did. I really don't want to retype that whole thing. I hope I can get it back, I'll try...

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Terry, I guess I'll have to retype the post. Darn it all.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am with your Nicola. I know how hard it is when you keep trying and trying and nothing seems to work.

Last Tuesday I came home from work to find Zealand dragging her back leg. I looked and she had a gash an inch wide all around her leg. It was down to the bone. She somehow got into the electrobraid fence and caught her leg.

The vet had two emergency calls before us and didn't get there until 5 hours later. He stitched for 1 3/4 hours inside and out and finally got it closed. The vet put a bandage on it that is like a cast to keep her leg from bending. She is on complete stall rest and is tied with a 2 foot lead to the stall. She can't lay down or move a great deal for fear the sutures will give way. She has water and hay in front of her at all times and has completely distroyed 2 hay nets so far. ugg!!! The vet wants her tied for 3 weeks and then he'll come out and see how she's healing. If she's healing alright, she can be loose in the stall with the cast on for another week or more, depending on her progress.

The vet said the critical time is between 5 & 10 days before the skin starts to die off. So we're sweating it out, hoping this doesn't happen. The photos we sent the vet appeared to have some tissue dying, but not an alarming amount as of yet. We've changed the bandages twice already and there is still quite a bit of pus, but she's on antibiotics for 3 weeks, so hopefully that will help. We have to sedate her each time we do a bandage change (which is every 3 days) because she doesn't do well with us fussing with her leg.

Another bad thing is Asia has to stay in as well, since she's a comfort for Zealand. If we let Asia out, Zealand starts rearing and kicking the stall, so that's not good. So Asia is on stall rest as well and she doesn't like it much. I have them both on vitamin B1, which the vet recommended to take the edge off. It seems to be working somewhat.

Our friend and a neighbor take shifts at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm everyday to keep hay and water in front of both horses, while I'm at work. I think if I keep hay in front of them at all times, they're less likely to develope bad habits like cribbing or chewing or weaving.

I cut Zealands grain in half to keep her less active, and she seems to be doing well and not losing weight as of yet. So that's good!

I talked to the vet the other day and he said the very next day the same thing happened to another horse. But since the horse was mostly wild and wouldn't be able to handle her, they had to put her down. So I'm blessed that we're able to take care of Zealand and hopefully she'll pull through. A very good thing, she has no ligament or tendon damage, so that awesome!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 744
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my gosh Marilyn, I'm so sorry!! These horses are putting you through so much. What a nightmare. Thats very good that it didn't damage the ligaments or tendons. Was it a good length away from any joints? Joint infections have always been my worst fear. I've got my fingers and toes crossed that she does allright and heals up nicely.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2445
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aw poor marilyn!! So sorry to hear about this! Hope it all goes well for you, and Zealand heals well.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trea is pregnant at 25 days with a heartbeat as of tonight! Yay! I'm so happy, she had lost the pregnancy by this point last year. We've taken blood to run a progestrone test just to be safe. Although her cervix was very tight, and her uterus had good tone.

Kate has bred last weekend, they lavaged her and she had no fluid as of today :-) Bailey is still at UC Davis with her colt, they have been down there for 2 weeks now :-( I'm hoping that she took though, I just worry about her stressing there as she's not used to being in a stall so much. I'm anxious to check both of them in the next couple of weeks.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you girls, it's been a tough few years in horsey world for us. I'm thinking I may have the worst luck on this board. lol I thought twice about telling you girls about this episode, for fear you'd think I'm not taking good care of my horses. I honestly take fantastic care of my animals, it's just plain bum luck...

The injury is in the middle of her hind cannon bone, so luckily it's not near any joint. So I guess that's good luck and not bad. lol

Samantha, I'm so happy Trea is holding her pregnancy for you! I hope Kate will achieve pregnancy as well. :-)

Good luck to the rest of you still trying for a 2010 foal!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you girls, it's been a tough few years in horsey world for us. I'm thinking I may have the worst luck on this board. lol I thought twice about telling you girls about this episode, for fear you'd think I'm not taking good care of my horses. I honestly take fantastic care of my animals, it's just plain bum luck...

The injury is in the middle of her hind cannon bone, so luckily it's not near any joint. So I guess that's good luck and not bad. lol

Samantha, I'm so happy Trea is holding her pregnancy for you! I hope Kate will achieve pregnancy as well.

I've noticed that both Asia and Zealand are burping more than usual, do you think this is a sign of ulcers? What are the other signs of ulcers? Would that hurt them if I medicate for ulcers, if by chance they didn't have ulcers? I am hesitant to medicate for ulcers, when Zealand is on antibiotics and B1. Asia is also on B1...
What are your thoughts girls?

Good luck to the rest of you still trying for a 2010 foal!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Marilyn, that is bad luck, so sorry to hear of your troubles. That mare is lucky though, you are ON TOP of it. I am sure she will heal. I have note heard burping as an ulcer sign. I have many friends horses with ulcers and have never heard that one..

Were you the one who bred to Camiros? He is soo nice! I have a 5 yr old gelding by Ariadus (he is a stallion at Foxfire too!)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2567
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn....BIG HUGS...I know sometimes it seems like a merry go round you can't get off when things are happening to our horses....just one thing after the other and you look around and other people have no problems and barely look or take care with them...grrrrr.....It sounds like you find yourself this time of year nursing through another horse! Hope that it heals well..are you suppossed to scrub the wound site? You and Mike are real troopers and you do hvae many blessing to be thankful for....a husband who is a helpmate....a job :-) I am thankful for you.....

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2568
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha! YIPEE...nothing prettier than that little flutter of life!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 750
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everyone, I'm so happy :-)

Marilyn, as far as Ulcer treatment... actually treating ulcers is quite expensive using Ulcer Gaurd. I've got my stallion on U-Guard, which doesn't 'cure' them, but it seems to help. During breeding season, he, like many stallions, loses a lot of weight. Being a pony, I'm always cautious of founder and don't want to give him too many concentrates. I very much suspect he has ulcers... I just haven't had him scoped yet. Anyways, I started giving him this stuff around February of this year before breeding got underway. He kept weight MUCH better, and I noticed his appetite actually got bigger as well when he was on it. I keep free choice grass hay in front of him 24/7, but he really isn't a big eater. I am really happy with it. Like I said, it won't cure them, but it eases the pain of them I think... and I would also assume that it would help prevent them?

http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=1526

I would definately decrease grain as much as possible, maybe even take them off it completely? As it can irritate ulcers (I don't give my stallion grain at all). Do you have a hay pellet you can give them? Or mabye even Equine Junior, that is not so much a grain (I use Omolene for my babies, so I would take them completely off it if I were in your situation). We have an oat hay pellet available to us here (from Elk Grove Milling), that I've been really happy with feeding along with hay & grain.

Best of luck Marilyn, I know you are doing absolutly everything possible to make sure she gets well! I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 751
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, if you decide to try that U-Gaurd, if the fillies are picky eaters- get the pellets. The powdered form smells like an overly sweet apple, and the scoops are BIG. So I'd definately go with the pelleted form if they tend to be picky.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2107
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jan and Samantha. I appreciate the time you took to post this. I will definately check this out. Thanks again!!

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock
Username: Mariana_cremonte

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Marilyn, I hope Zealand heals soon. If she and Asia get too bored may be you could hang one of those horse balls near the hay bag?. Those two are lucky to have you caring for them.

Terry and Samantha, VIVA for your mares' pregnancies, congratulations!.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Marianan. I was thinking about putting a ball in Asia's stall and I'm still considering it. But so far she's been doing pretty well with the B1 vitamin. She's calmed down quite a bit. Thank God!

I'm sorry girls, I didn't mean to put this on this breeding for 2010. I won't add anymore about this subject, so we can get back to what this section was intended for.

Good luck Kim, Heidi & others with your 2009 breeding, I wish all of us pregnancies!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 816
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

M. Be sure and post what is happening with Asia and Zealand...we are all very interested and want to support you...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2570
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn....you better keep us posted? How is the wound looking?

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 756
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Marilyn, keep us posted :-)

Kim, when is Sweetie's preg check?

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 510
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha: we bred her on the 28th...so I am thinking Monday the 13th? I'm getting very nervous again....:-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 761
Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Allright Kim, I'm sending major prego thoughts your way! Really hoping Sweetie did her job for you this time :-)

Bailey and her colt, Rossi, are finally home from UC Davis! We got them home around 7pm last night and they were was SO happy to have turnout. Rossi was strutting his stuff, he's a very fancy colt.. and oh my gosh has he grown! I hope to get pix within the next couple of days. We have another 7 days before Bailey's preg check, UGH.

Kate has 9 more days I believe. Waiting to hear about 2 at a time is driving me crazy! It will be a busy foaling time here next year if they all caught, as a friend of mine's mare was bred to Solomon and due to be checked next week... there is a possibility that she will be foaling out at my house too. That would be 3 mares due within the span of 7 days... here's hoping :-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 769
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, do you have good news...?

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, my agony continues...have to wait until Wed to check her...she said that is 15 days after confirmed ovulation...blah!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 828
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fingers crossed and toes too

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, my best wishes for you as well.

Ad TB
Breeding Stock
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 915
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Kim

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 518
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all...I've not even had the stomach to call the vet back and set a time...we both are getting pretty over it....ha...:-)

Regena B-It's a BOY
Weanling
Username: Callawayssuzy

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not posted in awhile- unfortunately we've been having a long road with my mare. After breeding Suzy once this spring (ended up with a non-viable embryo... too small from the start), she was confirmed again 15-days in foal with a seemingly healthy embryonic vesicle at the very end of last month. She gets her 30-day check today...... *fingers crossed!!*

I opted to send her to the stallion farm for breeding this time-I love my vet here, but it's just so much easier to send her to an operation with 100+ broodmares that is already set up appropriately for breeding... Plus, the stallion owner had several different ideas as far as what to try, so I was open for a fresh perspective on Suzy.

Congrats to all on healthy pregnancies, and I completely empathize with all those who are struggling... This is the fifth time that we have bred Suzy in the past two years, maybe this time the pregnancy will stick. Who knows

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 522
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regena...I hope you get good news today! :-)

Regena B-It's a BOY
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kim--- I sure did get good news! Suzy is 30 days in foal with a viable embryo, so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed about this one!! She gets to come home at 45-days in foal, I'm so ready to see her! :-)

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 523
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regena...that is just the best news I've heard all day! Congrats...I know you are relieved....my vet is coming 8:30 in the am to ck sweetie to see if she took after this last covering...I'm getting ready to take sleeping pill...I don't want to worry about it all night LOL....she got in foal so easy the first time I bred her, I had no idea how stressful and worrisome this could be

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2574
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regina~So happy for you! This is huge!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2575
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim~Everything crossed for good news for you.....I would love to be doing a happy dance today for you! Come on Sweetie

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 525
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vet just left...I wish I could say I am doing a happy dance, but we are still NOT pregnant...vet is just so frustrated, as am I....we are just both at a loss...maybe Sweetie is trying to tell us, she is not going to have a baby next year....my mom is of the impression, we've just humanly intervened too much with all the drugs...I'm just thinking we are having bad dumb luck....anyway, the vet just said, Kim, I don't know what else to say, other than, take her down to stud, have him cover her every other day, bring her back, we'll check for fluids and treat her if need be and be done for the year. The only hope I have is this...the last time I bred her in 2007, she got in foal on a July 27th, breeding....sorry, I keep being the bummer....I'm so happy for all of you who have had the success with the breeding this year. I looked at my poor mare and told her, she needed to get pregnant, because we both knew how much she hates being a riding mare...but if she does not get in foal, that is what she will have to do! LOL...my daughter needs a 4H all arounder, she may just have to start working with her! LOL

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Regena, what wonderful news! It's such a relief for you, I'm sure.

Kim, what can I say but I'm feeling so down right now for you. I had such high hopes she'd be pregnant for you this time around. I'm so so sorry! I wish I had some good advice for you, but I'm completely stumped by her. If you hadn't done a biopsy, I would do this asap. Other than that, I'm stumped...

Again, I'm very sorry. Big huggs to you Kim.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2579
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big hugs Kim...bummer...bummer..bummer...what a yucky Wednesday...

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 526
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys...since posting earlier, I've decided to stop for this year...my daughter can ride the crapola out of her and do some 4H with her and I can do some riding too! Why not....we'll start again in 2010.....I'm just over it and I think she is too! LOL....thanks for all the encouragement! kim

Regena B-It's a BOY
Weanling

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone- I am so excited. Her 2008 foal is getting HUGE and very independant, and I feel like its time for another little one hahaha.

So sorry to hear your mare is not in foal Kim- I understand exactly how frustrating it can be. You sound just like me last year-- Suzy had been 'retired' into broodmare life for several years, but after not getting pregnant last year, she got her booty put back to work! And honestly she was in much better shape both mentally and physically come breeding time this year because of it. I think these mares sometimes just delight in making things difficult

So sorry about the disappointing news though :-(

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2581
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good for you Kim to have a plan....good riding sounds good to me!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 527
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan....my daughter is so excited...I guess so am I, as I really didn't have a horse to ride...didn't want to ride while we were trying to conceive...but planned to once she was safely in foal...but now...she's gonna wish she was LOL....Kim

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2473
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey kim, that is disheartening news. Sorry to hear it. I'm glad you're going to get back on her though....having her in excellent shape for breeding season next year might possibly help.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 777
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 07:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear it. Hopefully she will catch for you first time next year. How frustrating!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 832
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

me too so sorry Kim.....the spring is around the corner and then Sweetie will do her thing for you,....

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 528
Posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone...I've accepted no baby next year, and am setting sites on doing some riding for the next several months....as Marilyn said, spring will be here before we know it....I'm still pulling for all of you still trying! Good luck.....

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're finally getting somewhere, Bailey checked in foal tonight to Landfriese II! Yeah! Kate's preg check is in two days I believe, then we just have Dolly to rebreed. It will be a busy late foaling season next year!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2479
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 02:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be here with ya for late foal watch , samantha! Feathers has just now bred dynamite for the first time since foaling on april 11. Hopefully she's bred....hate to think about a july foal.
Congratulations on Bailey!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Diana, I hope your mare takes first time. Congratulations on Bailey's pregnancy Kim! That is fantastic news!

If my Uh-O gets pregnant this time around I'll have a late foaling year as well. She was bred on Thursday, but hadn't ovulated as of Friday. The vet hasn't returned my call, so I'm not sure what's happening as of today. :-( She had two follicles, so that's good news! I'm so darn curious if she's ovulated or if she had to be reinsemintated. I will know tomorrow, for sure.

The vet said she had no fluid and looked great as of Friday. That's very good news as well. I'm not a very patient person, so not knowing what transpired is very difficult for me.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2583
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, Diana, and Marilyn can not think of 3 more deserving people to get their wished to come true. Late foal watch amongst friends...priceless!

Good Luck all!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2480
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awwww, that's sweet Jan, thanks!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second that, Jan is a sweetheart!!! Thank you very much!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 783
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awww thank you Jan!!!

I'll be anxiously awaiting the call of the barn manager tomorrow with the news on Kate... my fingers are crossed that she too is pregnant on one insemination.

Marilyn, keep us updated when you hear from your vet!

Dianna, how many of your mares have you got in foal this year so far? Am I misremembering, or did you sell Chips?

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...thinking of you and Uh-O really hoping that it happened!

Samantha anxious to read you post!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2481
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, yes, i sold Chips. He did cover one of my mares before leaving (Candy, the one who mysteriously came up open this year). I have Misty, Onyx, Feathers, Freckles, and Katie who are covered by my small stallion Dynamite. And I purchased a new mare who is covered by an outside stallion. It ought to be a fun foal watch!! I can't wait to see what my little stallion produces! So far, the only one who is not safely in foal is Feathers, she just (last week) came into heat, and Dynamite bred her twice, so we'll have to wait and see on her. Everybody else is safely in foal!! Our foal watch will start in March, and end hopefully in June....unless feathers comes back in again.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan, how are you doing? How's that pretty little filly of yours? When are you able to start riding her? I know your grandkids are riding, but I was wondering when you'll be on her back.

Samantha, any word?

Just heard from the vet. Uh-O was inseminated on Thursday and ovulated one follicle on Saturday and one on Sunday. The vet said we will do an ultrasound 14 days from Sunday. She said the semen was excellent in quality and thinks they would survive until Sunday. So we need to be concerned about twinning. Heck, that would be the least of my problems. lol

I hope those buggers are strong swimmers and are equally excited to get Uh-O pregnant as I am. lol

So it looks like in a couple of weeks we'll know for sure... I'm so nervous... I'm not sure how I should feel. If I feel excited, then I'll be so sad if she's not pregnant and if I act like she's not pregnant, it may jinks her. lol... I'll try and not think of it and hopefully we'll get good news.

I hope Feathers is pregnant!!! Good luck all!!! I so want to be in the 2010 foal watch!!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2482
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, I certainly hope Uh-O gets bred for you! Sounds very promising......can't wait to find out. I hope you're in the 2010 foal watch as well!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Diana. I would estatic to be on 2010 with all of you... I guess I'll have to wait the two long long weeks before I'll know for sure. I'm going to be able to practice more patience. Ugggg.... lol

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2585
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn~Sounds great! Very excited....You are riding the rollercoaster ride of Equine Reproduction...and ready to get off and wait for the Foal Watch express. Graice turns 2 today! No heavy weight until she is 30+ months, Paso's are slow maturers and my 6 year old gelding just grew another inch in the last 6 months and now is starting to fill in so she ground drives niceley and takes light weight like my 2 year old grandaughter :-) Packs a saddle and lunch for long day rides so for now just ponying and ground driving for another 6 months.

How is your filly's leg healing? I hope no news is good news!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 786
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just heard that Kate is pregnant :-) There are twins apparently, but one is much smaller, and she is at 14 days. They will pinch tomorrow... my fingers are crossed that all goes well.

So far we've got three inseminations, and three prengancies this year. What a change from last year LOL.

Marilyn, sounds good! I hope Uh-O is finally pregnant... I agree, what a roller coaster you've been on with equine reproduction in the last couple of years. The waiting game is always so hard...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2586
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Samantha! Things are just going along for you! That is great news!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrations Samantha! Looks like you've hit a lick! Would you send me some of that water your horses are drinking. lol

Jan, Arabs mature about the same length of time as Pasos, it seems. You'll have one nice riding mare with all your ground your doing! Good job!!!

The vet was out for Zealand today and it's very good news. She is healing very well, and looks like she has one more week of being tied in the stall and 10 days of stall rest, then she's free to go out and enjoy being a horse again. Yippee!!

She will most likely have little or no proud flesh and little to no scarring and full use of the leg. What a blessing!

Asia was able to get out of the stall for about a half hour and ate a little grass, kick, buck and run. She is out of shape and a little off, but not too bad. A little over a couple of weeks and they both will be free.

Did I ever tell you girls I really dislike roller coasters? lol

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 838
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 09:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great news about Zealand...what a blessing...soon this will be a bad memory and back on to planning her future....

Wednesday we brand colts and a couple of others....it is easy...we use liquid nitrogen for the branding iron and tranquilizer for the horse...they don't seem to mind much at all

The website has had a big updating so check it out....www.purespanishmares.com

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Terry, I feel very fortunate, it could have been disasterious.

I checked out your website and it's awesome! Did you do it yourself or did you have help? It's very nicely done! I love your horses and the excellence in breeding you strive for!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2587
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn~Excellent news! So happy for you! I hope and pray that the next few days goes by fast so the girls can get out and have some fun!

Still praying for Uh-O..and your peace of mind!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2588
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry~spectacular horses! I am going to try and come to the show at City of Industry...my husband is afraid for me to go :-) Maybe when it's close you can post the times/classes your horses will be shown in!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 839
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jan it would be great if you can come...the website for the show is
http://www.feriadelcaballoespanol.com/

As for the website I have a graphic artist. We have worked together for a long time. I give her the information, articles. text etc and she does the design....

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, Great news for Zealand!!!! You're a good horse mommy and you took care of business!

Samantha, I am so jealous of your 3 pregs, can you send some my way?

To those who are interested, my mare Kati did come back with a dirty culture. I do not remember what it was exactly he said it was, but he treated it via uterine infusions of antiobiotics for three days in a row during her last heat cycle last week. We are going to try again and rebreed next cycle, in about 2 weeks.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2591
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Luck Heidi...hopefully she will take this time!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 788
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone :-) I feel very lucky for them to have gotten in foal the first try this year! I swear it's the Oxytocin, that stuff is magic!

The vet pinched a twin for Kate yesterday, and she was still pregnant with only one as of today... fingers are crossed for a heartbeat! Trea gets checked at 45 days this Sunday.... she hasn't come back into heat, but she has a history of losing pregnancies early.

Terry, the site looks wonderful with the new photos :-) Carolynne sure does a fantastic job, for those who are interested, here is the graphic designer's website, she also has done some ads for me: http://pixelgraphixdesign.com/

Heidi, I'm glad you got that figured out. You should show her a picture of Rousseau, then she will WANT to have a foal by him

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I have shown Kati his video. We have discussed and she agrees he's totally sexy. She wants his baby, BAD. She is NOT however, happy, with the amount of mares he has been seeing on the side...

Congrats on keeping Kate's baby thumping, I am sure all will be well.

BTW, I am an art director/designer too!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha ha lol... Heidi, that really was funny, I just about split a gut! lol!!!

Okay, now I'm curious... I've heard so much talk about Rousseau, what breed is he? Is there a website so I can check him out?

Thanks, Marilyn

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw him on U Tube... WOW!!! to say the least!!! What a handsome and talented horse!!!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 531
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update....mom's mare is in foal today, however, vet says the embryo looks a bit dis-torted on the screen, so she's not sure it's going to hold....she's going to check her again in 4 days...keep fingers crossed for her...we are trying to keep her as stress free as possible and also, on regumate....YEAH...at least something got pregnant for us! LOL....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations! I hope your mom's mare is able to hold on to it this time. Isn't that so frustrating, you get em pregnant and there's still no gaurentee you'll end up with a live foal.

Good luck Kim, please keep us posted. My prayers go out to your mom.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2593
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim...praying and crossing and hoping that your moms mare hangs on!!! Hopefully it was just the ultra sound was quirky.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 842
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck on those checks..hoping to see good news posted soon....next summer....happy foaling for you deserving ladies....

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 794
Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 01:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, this has been a good weekend!!

Trea is still in foal at 45 days, everything looks exactly as it should. What a relief!! Hopefully she is safely in foal now. We'll do a blood test at 150 days to put my mind at ease. I'm a bit paranoid.

Bailey is at 25 days, and we've got a heartbeat!

Combine that with little Riley's success at the USDF Dressage Sporthorse Breeding show yesterday, and this has been a very rewarding weekend. One that reminds me why I put myself through the financial disasters and sometimes heartbreaks of breeding.... to experiance the "high" of a product of my breeding program scoring very well, and getting the mares in foal brings all the excitement of next year. We will check at 25 days for a heartbeat on Kate, and Dolly will hopefully be rebred this week...

Marilyn, I'm still thinking good thoughts for Uh-O! How is Zealand doing?

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a blessing Samantha! It's so wonderful to hear good news! Congratulations on your pregnancies and Riley's success! What an awesome score!!! I'll bet you were beaming! You deserve all the wonderful things happening to you!

Next Sunday or Monday Uh-O is due for her ultrasound. I'm really trying not to get too excited, for fear of the big let down. So I'm trying hard to feel neutral, neither too excited or too negative.

Zealand finally is able to roam her stall and not be tied. It's really nice to watch her eat hay with her head down, like a normal horse. It looks like she may have some proud flesh, but the vet said there is a chemical peal they use that helps with that. Otherwise, she is doing well. Nine more days before she and Asia are able to go outside. YEA!!!! Thank you for asking Samantha.

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, July 27, 2009 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome, Marilyn!

SAmantha, you just must send some of those lucky vibes my way. Trying to breed in a few more days...

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 844
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...still checking in to follow your news...fingers crossed....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Terry and Heidi. Believe me if Uh-O is pregnant, you'll know, it'll be on TV on headline news! lol

Seriously, I'll let all of you know as soon as I find out. Wish me luck!

Heidi, I'm excited for you, now that your mare has been medicated, you have a good chance getting her pregnant! Good luck! I would send preggo vibes your way, but you don't want my preggo vibes. LOL!!!

Julie G
Nursing Foal
Username: Julie_g

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Marilyn! Only a few more agonizing days to wait! 10 more days for me. Ugh.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2597
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...thinking and praying and hoping and crossing for you!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2172
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan! I appreciate all your prayers! I just heard from the vet the ultrasound is going to be this Sunday. She doesn't know if it'll be am or pm, it depends on when someone will be there to help her. So being on a Sunday, a holy day, I pray God will smile down on me. :-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 798
Posted on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Heidi, and Marilyn :-)

I'm so glad to hear that Zealand is doing better! Sounds like your taking awesome care of her, and she will be good as new in no time! I'm sending major prego vibes for Uh-O, you so deserve that black dot :-) Have you tried Regumate with her? I think Regumate is overused most of the time, but you've done so much with no success, that maybe it might be something to think about?

Heidi, keep us posted! Good luck!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2173
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sam. The vet is already on it regarding Uh-O and Regumate. She is going to draw blood and test it to see if she needs to go on Regumate. If she is pregnant, I'm going to ask the vet to put her on Regumate while transporting her back to our place. Another reason for Regumate during this time, is because she will be introduced into Zealand's and Asia's herd. It will most likely be stressful for her, never being with them before and this should help hold onto the little bugger. :-)

Only 4 more days for the ultrasound.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 845
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I often use Regumate especially when a mare is on a second or more try....I continue it until 30 day check and then do a PL before discontinuing it...

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kati's in rippin heat and my vet is on vacation. Calling his office tomrrow to see what to do. I will NOT be happy if I miss this cycle.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2175
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, no way!!! I would be so upset too! Can someone else inseminate? Didn't the vet tell you he was leaving on vacation? I hope you don't miss this cycle! UGH!!!!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 801
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, CRAP! What luck... have you tried some other vets in the area? Vets really do go on vacations at the WORST possible times!

Well my luck may be running out... heard from the repro dept. about Kate. She is at 25 days, and they couldn't see a hearbeat. She has good tone and no edema. They said she was squirming around quite a bit though... maybe it was just a day too early? Normally at home we check at 25-26 days. UGH.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2600
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha don't give up yet...

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2508
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

samantha, hoping it's just a day away for you....try again in a few days!!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 802
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks :-) And sorry, I meant 24 days... not 25. So maybe it's just early? God I hope so. This would be my only Solomon baby next year, and I'll be pretty bummed if she loses it :-(

I think I'll bring her home, then take her back for a 45 day check, because I won't be rebreeding her this year if she loses it.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2509
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Life will suck with no solomon foals.....he's spectacular!! I certainly hope she's bred for you!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 803
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, it certaintly will! I really want to see his Thoroughbred cross too :-) Thanks!

How are your breeding ventures Diana? If I remember right, you had one more to check?

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2510
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right, just one more...and the rest are taken care of. This is the mare that is crazy, and can't be sedated or ultrasounded...so i'll just wait to see if she comes back in ....she bred on july 16th if i remember correctly.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I'm sure it's just too early to hear the heartbeat. Good luck!

Diana, I hope your mare gets preggo. You are going to have a fun 2010 foaling season!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 846
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sam...waiting to find out about heartbeat check....

Diana...you and I and all our foals next year...YIKES

I may be adding one more mare to my herd that is pregnant and due in late May...I will let you guys know in a couple of weeks....

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 533
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all! I'm thinking of all of you...Marilyn..I know you have U/S this weekend, right? I'm praying all is good news for you and Uh-O. Well, I don't know what is going on with Sweetie...she never really came back into heat like vet said she would...she really shows when she's in heat...so I'm thinking if she re-cycled, next weekend she should be coming in again, I think or at least starting to now sometime. She was on regumate when she preg checked her, and she said she had a large follicle, so she felt certain she'd be in heat strong that weekend...but she didn't from what I saw. So now I worry, what if she is preggo and I've since been riding her pretty steady, she actually flipped over with me one day, fell down, etc., we updated her vaccines and she got west nile shot...ay ya ya...not sure what to think now, but I'm just going on the premise that she is not pregnant and she is just trying to straighten her cycle out...what a roller coaster year for me..LOL...

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all. Well, Here's my breeding update!

My vet's partner was able to come out and check her yesterday morning (Thursday) so I could see where she was in her cycle via ultrasound. Woa and behold, a whopping SOFT 50 and a 41!! Time to freakout! I was working up in Atlanta 50 miles away and so busy at work. Stallion is only collected MWF so I thought there was no chance. I called them and they just so happened to have a leftover dose from Wed's collection that did not ship that they could send me. Well, after several phone calls and dilema (which NONE of you know anything about!haha!) I decided to Delta Dash semen on the next flight out, which landed in Atlanta at 6:30pm, putting it back at my farm by 8 or so. Anyway, horrible atlanta weather which made flight 2 hours late. Vet came out at 10:30pm, got her bred!! AND she had just recently ovulated sometime between that mornings check at 11:30 and that evening at 10:15. I also used a shot of Settle. Then this morning at 9:30, vet came back out to lavage her and give her intrauterine antibiotics (Timectin). So, since then, I have been giving oxytocin every 4-5 hours and will continue to do so until mid-day tomorrow. Then she will be on Regeumate on day five.

Drama, huh?

Marilyn, I am so hoping we hear good news!!! Post as soon as you know! I know this is my last shot for sure this year.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Heidi, that was an amazing, stressful day you had there! You deserve your place in the 2010 foaling section and I hope hope hope you get there! Good luck!!!!!

Tomorrow is Uh-O's big day! I'm so nervous and doubtful, I guess it's not been good news for so long, I'm expecting the worst, but hopeful for best.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Great news regarding Zealand. She is healing beautifully!!! She has such a small amount of healing left. Her wound is not that bright red anymore, it's more of a light pink, which is great! And with her being tied to the stall for a month, she now ties beautifully, no pulling or tugging and is quiet. I guess some good out of it. LOL!!!

Kim, I'm not sure what's going on with Sweetie, she's a mystery. I still think she's really messed up in her cycle with the Regumate.

Terry, I'm anxious to hear the news about a possible new broodmare. I don't think I could operate a huge breeding schedule as yours, heck, I can't even get one bred this year, as least so far... lol

Take care all, Marilyn

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock
Username: Mary_23

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

come on marilyn keep those fingers crossed and thinking postive thoughts.xx mary

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn..I am thinking of you..what time is the U/S tomorrow? Sweetie should be coming back into season this week...I'm watching her...I'll keep you posted.LOL...Kim

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2602
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...sending prayers and warm wishes your way..pins and needles!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 847
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fingers crossed....let us know ASAP.....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2181
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! How nice to read your words of support! :-) I still haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping it'll be soon...

Thank you again ladies!!!
Mariyn

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEADLINE NEWS: UH-O IS PREGNANT!!!!

I'm out of my head with excitement!!! I went to the barn to check on Zealand and Asia and the phone rang. It was Amanda (the vet) Amandas was very solemn and I said "Oh, it's not good news, is it... She said, "it's actually very good news, Uh-O is PREGNANT"! I literally screamed! lol then appologized for screaming in her ear. lol

Amanda said yesterday Uh-O was teasing and Amanda yelled at her for teasing. She did the ultrasound not expecting any pregnancy, but low and behold there it was! Uh-O has a large follicle and that's why she's teasing. Amanda promises me this is not all that unusual and not to worry. The vet said a new mare came yesterday and all the mares love her and are teasing with her.

Amanda said she doesn't see a twin, but I want her to do another ultrasound in two days, to make sure she didn't miss it. Uh-O's tone is very good and the vesicle is looking good as well.

Uh-O is going on Regumate for 5 months, per the vet's advise.

I told Amanda "you did it!" but she said we had a lot to do with it because she would have given up last year, and we were persistant. Amanda said she learned a great deal from Uh-O and was grateful for the chance to learn from her. Mike (my husband) said to me after the conversation with Amanda, that it's too bad we can't take the education part off the bill. lol

We are keeping her there for another 30 - 40 days to make sure she's good and pregnant before taking her home. Amanda thinks this is a good idea.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!

The very best news is, Uh-O is now capable of getting pregnant, which means she will have a job and a purpose. (For those of you who don't know about Uh-O, she has one windswept leg in the back) Which I was worried if she couldn't get pregnant, her future was uncertain. OMG... She's pregnant!!! Sorry, I'm still in shock!!! LOL

SO all is great and wonderful in Marilynland. lol!!! YIPPEEE!!!! I am so thankful for God's gift and for all of you!!! Thank you for putting up with me and encouraging me when things were looking bleak! THANK YOU!!!!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Soo glad!!! That just really brightened my day!! Congrats, you really deserve it!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im so glad for you. we will be on foal watch together fingers crossed OMG we both have pregnant mares after so much trying .WELL THEY SAY THE BEST THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.and girl have we waited.lol.xx mary

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 104
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PS THATS THE BEST NEWS IVE HEARD ALL WEEK.
congradulations .xx

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 848
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YIPPEE SKIPPY....So happy to hear your news...how about another pix of Uh-O to refresh my mind....

Glad we can all do foal watch together next year....

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 804
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YESSSS!!! CONGRATULATIONS MARILYN!!!

I'm so happy for you, you really, really deserve this after all you've been through. I KNOW this will be one special foal. You really are an inspiration on this board, and I feel that I don't speak for only myself.... You've perservered time and time again. Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

I second Terry's request for a photo of Uh-O :-)

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 535
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm SQUEEEELING with joy for you Marilyn!! So so happy....I knew you'd get it done....YEAH.....!! One more thing off your plate...things are going to start looking up now! Congrats, friend! Kim

Julie G
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOOHOO Marilyn!!! I am SO HAPPY to hear your news!!! Yay Uh-O!!!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2511
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 04:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to June foalwatch 2010!!!!!!!! Congratulations, you sooooo deserve this!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2603
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn~I am so so happy for you..words are not adequate..PTL...You are so deserving and I am so thrilled for you. I can hardly wait to follow this pregnancy through till the end. Your the Best!

Commence the Pregnant Victory Dance!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2184
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you!!! I'm on cloud nine right now and I don't want this feeling to end. I'm so happy, I'm giddy. lol The only thing that would make me happier, is if everyone here still trying to get their mares pregnant, have their prayers answered as well. Good luck girls!!! If Uh-O got pregnant, anything is possible!

My home computer is not working, so I can't get the pictures of Uh-O. I'll post it as soon as we get it working again. :-)

I really enjoyed reading your posts girls, thank you so much for sharing my joy! Yippee!!! lol

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 849
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn,
I am so happy for you!!!! I know it took along time getting there but I bet it feels great now!!! Prayers for healthy foal next year!!! :-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 805
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news on my front, Kate was checked at 28 days today. She is still pregnant, with a heartbeat :-) AND, she is home (well, boarding facility till some space opens up at home..)

As a side note: Does anybody know where to find a NICE black leather foal halter? I need one for Inspection, and I didn't know that the place that I was planning to order from had to make them custom. YIKES. Any ideas?

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2512
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 09:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great Samantha!! I had a feeling she'd be ok! WE're all gonna share one heck of a foal watch next year!! I don't know about the halter though....if she were mini, i could probably help.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 806
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Diana :-)

I'm looking for the little Fabuleux filly, perhaps a small mini halter would fit her (she's only 3 weeks old)? You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a BLACK suckling halter!! Do you know of any "mini stores" that have black leather halters?

Yes, it will be great fun though! Seems like there will be a lot of late mares due next year. HOPEFULLY I can still get Dolly rebred, it's just a $$$ issue right now :S I've got two mares due within a week (beginning of June), and also my friend's mare who is bred to Solomon will likely foal out at my house... she's also due within that week. LOL. I better figure out another foaling stall!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Samantha, I order my halters from Quillin. Here is a nice halter for newborns and it's black. Check it out.

http://quillin.com/jshop/product.php?xProd=972

I buy all my leather halters at this place. I've never had a problem with them and they are very good quality. I use these for my inspections.

Good luck at the inspection Sam, your baby WILL make you proud!!! I'm so happy Kate's baby has a good heartbeat. I figured it was early for her and you'd get a heartbeat the next ultrasound. But I would have been a little concerned, just as well. I tend to be a worrier.

What a crazy late foaling year it'll be next year! I can't remember so many people that are having babies so late. I am grateful to have a mare in foal so far, I don't care how late at this point. lol

Thank you Emily for your sweetness. I appreciate your kind words. I'll be very happy when Uh-O is further along and I don't have to worry so much about her losing it early on.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update on Uh-O from the vet. The vet confirmed a single pregnancy and her progestrone level is a 13. Anything over a 10 is good, according to the vet. The vet still wants to have her on Regumate because she doesn't want anything hindering her pregnancy. At this point, I agree! lol

Anyway, I thought I'd give you girls an update.

Heidi, when is your ultrasound appointment?
Diana, when is your ultrasound appointment?

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2515
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No US appt for me, as the mare in question is WILD and has a serious fear of strangers. She only trusts me and cannot be sedated or touched by anyone else. LOL She did NOT Come back into heat though!! yay!!! So she's either bred or done for the year! She's my prettiest mare, so I'm hoping for bred. Although, by the time i've foaled 6 others next year, i might actually be relived to find that someone came up unbred....LOL That's the way it went this year, I did 5, and was happy to be DONE. Either way, it'll be for the best....I am still ecstatic over Uh-o, I know you've wanted this a LONG time. Congrats again!!! And thanks for thinking of me!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know what Diana, you could do a WeeFoal test or Pregamare (sp?) test later on and that will tell you if your wild mare is pregnant. That way your not guessing. But then again, you could do the nail test and you know that's highly accurate... not! lol

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2516
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha!!! i never even thought of wee foal....great idea! How in the world do you collect urine?????? guess I could tape a cup to her backside...LOL

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2517
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I looked and looked, and can't find any either....hopefully the place Marilyn spoke of has some in stock for you!! I too am positive that your baby will make you proud!! She's GORGEOUS!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2190
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... can you draw blood? I think Pregnamare has a blood essay and that would be so much easier than following the mare around with a cup. lol!!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 42
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My USound is either the 14th (which would be day 15) or the 17th (which would be the 18th day). What would ya'll pick? Im thinking earlier of course because I wouldn't have to agonize all weekend waiting through it. On the other hand, it could just ruin my weekend...

Also, I know there is alot of contoversy about REgumate and I have read and re-read Jos's articles but my vet thinks she should go on it, at least for a while. I am totally ok with her being on it, even all pregnancy if need be. He recommended 15cc once per day starting on day 7 after ovulation. What do ya'll think of this protocol and dosage?

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2191
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, I would want to know and I'd do it Friday. You very well could have an awesome weekend!

As far as Regumate dosage and use, I don't know the dosage, I just follow what my vet advises. But if I were you, I'd like the added insurance. It's just a pain to give it every day. You also have to be careful not to get it on yourself. But the peace of mind is worth it to me.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2518
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, i can draw blood....just read the wee foal website, and have to wait till 120 days anyway.....by then it won't matter, as she'll either be prego or she won't. It'll be november, and she will either be getting fat or not LOL

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2192
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky you can draw blood. I've never tried and my husband has the hardest time!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2519
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you should give it a try, you might be a natural....

Breeding Stock

Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Regumate dosages are based on the weight of the mare

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, I just noticed, if you do your ultrasound on the 14th, that's the same day Uh-O gets her ultrasound for the heartbeat check. It'll be a good day for both of us. At least I hope so!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 43
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Marilyn, my vet is coming the 17th instead. Making me agonize through another weekend I guess. I think they secretly enjoy it. I'll be thinking of you though!

On a slightly off-topic note, just want to say what a FUN day I had with another mare I have, Scarlett. We did a hunter pace at a gorgeous farm near me and had a ball, trotting and cantering through the woods and fields. Just fantastic! Makes you realize why we have these horses.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2195
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there Heidi. That is a long time to have to wait! I have my fingers crossed that she's pregnant for you! Good luck!!!

It sounds like Scarlett and you both had a wonderful time. I hadn't riden in so long... too long. I have more fun taking care of my horses, than riding it seems. I especially like spoiling my preggo mares... and I do spoil them bad! :-)
So Uh-O has a lot to look forward to.

I'm nervious for the heartbeat ultrasound this Friday. After that, I'll be nervous about the long trip bringing Uh-O home. If she makes it home without losing the pregnancy, I'll feel fairly relaxed after that. Yeah right... LOL Who am I kidding, everyone here knows me better than that. lol

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2525
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haahaha!! Marilyn's makin' funnies.....we all know you won't be relaxed until that foal is on the ground !!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 105
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all star had her third scan on tuesday alls well still no twins there was alittle embro moving up and down on screen she was measured at 23 to 26 days next scan at about 50 days.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2196
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How awesome Mary Anne! Isn't it all worth the trouble we go through, when it works! I'm so happy for you. :-)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2197
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, I have to admit, I'm the worst worrier! I guess it wouldn't surprise you that I'm on blood pressure meds. lol

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2526
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahahahaha!!! ME TOO!!! .....I just assumed that everyone who is on breeder duty/foal watch is?????? LOL

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 850
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

must be true...I am too!!! LOL

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2198
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to know I'm not the lone ranger here. lol Looky here youngsters of the board, what you have to look forward to... lol... high blood pressure and no money. lol!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 851
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

but a happy heart....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2204
Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tomorrow is the ultrasound to check for Uh-O's embryo heartbeat. Oh how scary! I hope it's there! Gosh, I'm really nervous! I'll let you know how it comes out.

Heidi, Monday is almost here. I hope your mare is pregnant!!!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 536
Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn....the time has flown by...I'm sure not for you...praying all is well with the little one in there! Sweetie finally came back into season...right at the end of the weekend, right about time...so at least I know for sure that she is not pregnant...in the meantime, she's getting a workout getting ridden...I'm so hoping all is well for you and Uh-O and everyone waiting for news! Kim

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi girls! Marilyn, keep me posted. I am sure it will be fine.

How is Zealand??

This weekend cannot drag more. I am just dying to know, and to think I COULD know tomorrow if sucj a killer. In the mean time, her counter canter work has gotten about 80% better this week! Maybe it's the extra weight of a big, fat embryo throwing her "off"! I can theorize, anyway...

Can't wait to hear your good news.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2537
Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck to both of you! Marilyn, i'm sure it'll be fine.....keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2205
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi girls! Thank you for your support! I feel like a goof, but I asked the vet if she would take an ultrasound picture of the embryo. I don't know if she'll get the email before she does it though.

It's so hard to be so far away from Uh-O and not able to see the ultrasound in person, so I thought this would be the next best thing. I so want this pregnancy to be a healthy and lasting one.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2206
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The vet just emailed me and said she would take a picture. She's going to send it to my husband's phone and my husband will email it to me. Now I just have to hope there's something to take a picture of. lol

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2207
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am so sorry I keep bugging you girls with all my posts, I'm just so nervous. The vet said she was collecting from a stallion this morning and freezing the semen and would do the ultrasound for Uh-O around 11:00 her time. She's an hour ahead of me, thank goodness! If that's the case, she should have started about an hour ago, so I'm assuming she's running late, otherwise surely I would have heard something by now. Ugh!

The girls here at work have this "just shoot me" look when I talk to them about this, so I really try not to bother them. They just don't understand how important this is to me.

I'll try not to post any more until I hear news...But it'll be hard. lol

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor Marilyn, I feel your nervousness. I'm sure all is well.....

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2208
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SHE'S STILL PREGGO!!!

This is what the vet said in her email.

Hi Marilyn,

Yippee!! Everything looks great--good size, very evident heartbeat, only one(!) Her uterine tone and cervix feel great, so there are absolutely no problems to report on my end for a change! I sent a picture to Mike's phone--it didn't come out very well, which I'm sorry about...I printed some pictures to mail you and I was so excited that I turned off the US machine by mistake so I had to take a picture of the printed picture!! I'm putting the rest in the mail today, so you should have them soon.

Uh-O is like a different horse while pregnant...VERY mellow! Have a GREAT day!
Amanda

I'm on cloud 9 right now!!! lol

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2541
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOO HOO!!!!!! This is awesome news! We should celebrate....going to find some champagne now!!

(Message edited by kdgilger on August 14, 2009)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 856
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so very happy for you!!!!!!!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 812
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 01:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YYYYYEESSSS Marilyn! Whooo! So happy for you. You must post pictures of this little embryo when you get them, we've all been rooting for this little one for a long time!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Marilyn that is wonderful news!!! Congrats!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2209
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you girls!!! How exciting!!! I am so pleased I'll be right along side of you, talking about our foal watches. Yea!!!

Heidi, I so hope your along side of us as well and Kim, you'll be there next year. Don't worry time will fly by and before you know it, you'll be getting ready to breed your Sweetie in the springtime.

Good luck Heidi! My very best preggo vibes coming your way. (I can say that now, without worrying about jinxing) lol Please let us know as soon as you can. I am keeping fingers crossed and saying prayers for you.

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terrific News!!! Go, Uh-O, Go, Uh-o... (rappin' here)

Lets keep it going. I will post as soon as I know monday morning, after 10 or so. If I can type.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2546
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Keeping it all crossed for you Heidi!! Hope she comes up preggers! There sure will be alot of us on late foal watch! I just looked out in the pasture and noticed Dynamite talking sweetly to Feathers.....ug. Maybe she's not bred yet!! Guess we'll find out in the next few days!!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 106
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

marilyn congrats on your last scan yephee.xx

heidi keeping my fingers crossed for you on monday.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 814
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, I'm sending MAJOR prego vibes your way!!! Hehe, I really hope she's pregnant. It would be so much fun having a Rousseau baby on the arrival list. I just love that horse :-)

Good news from my end, makes things a little easier right now... Trea is at 62 days and still pregnant, Bailey is at 45 and also still pregnant. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here with those girls. I'm so thankful that Trea seems to be holding onto the pregnancy this time. It's so nice to see those heartbeats on the ultrasound.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2215
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 07:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I think you're girls will hold their pregnancies. Are either of them on Regumate?

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Samantha! Sounds like they should do just fine!
Diana, hows Feathers??? Please tell me she is not standing! However if she is lets hope she takes, then we will be on foal watch together.:-)
I think today is the last day Bonny will stand for Pocco. She seems like she is starting to go out.
The waiting begins...
Heidi, hoping for good news for ya!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2548
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is not standing, she is ( I think) more concerned about where her foal went! She went home 2 days ago with the other girls. Angel colicked on them somewhere around Gallup, NM and they had to turn back to go to a vet in Alberquerque where she stayed the night with the vet. They released her yesterday morning, saying she seemed much better, but I haven't heard word whether they made it home ok or not. UG

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1816
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh No, hope all works out ok!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 817
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks! Nope, neither are on Regumate. They've maintained good tone, and Trea has a IIA biopsy. Bailey has only had one foal, so I'm not really worried about her. Trea is working on her sixth! Regumate is just so darn expensive, I try to avoid using if possible... money has been tight this year.

Holly, I didn't know you were rebreeding Bonny! Thats awesome!

Diana, sorry to hear about Angel. I hope she's allright!

We are going to be The Late Foal Watch Brigade next year!!

Heidi, I'm still thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'll be a fun time next year at foal watch. I'm looking forward to it!

Today's the day Heidi. Good luck!

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vet is late due to a colic, but he is on the way, I will likely not get to post until I get to work - so bear with me.
So nervous.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm nervous too Heidi... Good luck to you and I'll be waiting to hear.

Julie G
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anxiously awaiting Kati's report, Heidi! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I didnt plan on breeding her back this year, she had suffered trauma to her cervix during foaling. Vet said the cervix was intact but had edema. She has healed up nicely and Tigger is being weaned. During her healing time, with Tigger at her side, we started her saddle training. She took to it like a duck to water, and now is an awesome childs riding pony.:-)

Fingers crossed for you Heidi.

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok ladies....

Kati's PREGNANT!!!!! I am so happy I just can't believe it! Nice big round symetrical embryo at 18 days. No sign of a twin. All looks good!!! Woohoo! Thanks for all the good vibes, they helped!

Julie G
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOOHOO! YAY! YIPEE! Awesome news Heidi!!!!! I am so thrilled for you. I bet you were beyond thrilled to see that embryo! Hurrah for the oxytocin protocol, too...I'm sure it helped! Great news!!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news!!!! I know exactly how you're feeling right now Heidi. I'm so excited for you!!! What an awesome day this is!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FOAL WATCH IS GONNA ROCK NEXT YEAR!!!!! Congratulations Heidi!!! Now we just need to hear that Bonny is in foal!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 02:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CONGRATS HEIDI!!!!! :-)

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks everyone!!!!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 818
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you Heidi!!!

Okay, so still to go we have Bonny, and maybe Feathers?

Next year is going to be so fun, I can't wait!

We should start a list of who's do when, I've kind of lost track with all these exciting late pregnancies!

I've got:
Trea due May 18th to Redwine (http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/redwine.htm)
Bailey due June 6th to Landfriese II (http://rainbowequus.com/LandfrieseII.htm)
Kate due June 11th to Solomon (http://www.secretambitionstables.com/burdallordsolomon.htm)

(Copy & paste the links to see the stallions, idk why the links arn't working)

(Message edited by Dressage_diva333 on August 17, 2009)

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2550
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sam, doesn't work b/c of the parentheses...LOL
mine are as follows
why doesn't everyone just copy this list, and add theirs in where they belong? we can then make a calendar that keeps up with them for us.....I'll do it if I can get everyones dates arranged!!

Candy due March 3 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/candy_at_16.jpg (Diana Gilger)
katie march 24 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/katelyn.jpg(Diana GilgeR)
Freckles march 28 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/dsc02030_d5nk.jpg(Diana Gilger)
Onyx April 5 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/dsc01747_l1iu.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Misty May 15 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/img_1838.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Trea due May 18th to Redwine http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/redwine.htm (Samantha)
Janey May 20 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/janey_july_09_5734.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Bailey due June 6th to Landfriese II http://rainbowequus.com/LandfrieseII.htm (Samantha)
Feathers june 9 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/What_s_Cooking_for_2010.html (Diana Gilger)
Kate due June 11th to Solomon http://www.secretambitionstables.com/burdallordsolomon.htm (Samantha)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2227
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Candy due March 3 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/candy_at_16.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Freckles march 28 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/dsc02030_d5nk.jpg(Diana Gilger)
Onyx April 5 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/dsc01747_l1iu.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Janey May 20 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/images/janey_july_09_5734.jpg (Diana Gilger)
Bailey due June 6th to Landfriese II http://rainbowequus.com/LandfrieseII.htm (Samantha)
Feathers june 9 http://www.mysticrockminis.com/What_s_Cooking_for_2010.html (Diana Gilger)
Kate due June 11th to Solomon http://www.secretambitionstables.com/burdallordsolomon.htm (Samantha)
Uh-O due June 23 to Camiros http://www.foxfirefarm.us/pages/foxfire_stallions/camiros.html (Marilyn)

Heidi Caldwell
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh-O due June 23 to Camiros http://www.foxfirefarm.us/pages/foxfire_stallions/camiros.html (Marilyn)

Katinka (Kati) due roughly June 30 to Rouseeau
http://www.hasslerdressage.com/stallions/rousseau1.html (Heidi)

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2551
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 08:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey! that's 3 kati s so far!! haha!! go katie!! we might consider too, deleting all but the last listing of mares due.....so as not to take up so much room on the page

(Message edited by kdgilger on August 17, 2009)

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2553
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

samantha....didn't you have a rouseeau baby at one point??

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2554
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, here's what I did....I made a google document so we wouldn't clog up the board, and anyone can access and put in their dates!! Here's the link, just click it, and put your mare's info in. This way we have all mares due for 2010 in the same place and in order. The ones already listed here are on the page already.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Adj56MmTPdLAZDJrZHQzel8waHFxNnpkZDQ&hl=en

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2009 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF Bonny is pregnant she will be due July 22nd. I will let yall know as soon as I find out.
AND
yall remember, my friends mare that got bred during the hurricane last year? Well she tests 24-48 hrs from foaling!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2555
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay! does she have a foal cam? I'll put it on my chat site if so

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 861
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

added my mares and dates...this is a good thing..Diana

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2558
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome! going to check it out now!! It's nice that i'll have company in April now!! yay!! Terri, you'll be as busy as me!! I'm positive I'll be clinically insane by the end of june!! This is gonna be fun!!!!!!

(Message edited by kdgilger on August 18, 2009)

Bobbi Govro
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK...so here's my foaling for 2010...NONE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO, NO BAMBINOS.

Well, let's just hope Warrior plays by the rules. The local horse market is just killing me here. No one is buying, no one is showing much, its just sad, sad, sad. I've decided I've got my hands full working three "almost two year olds" and one suckling with one on the way.

The market is just a twinge better if you have a broke/rideable horse...but not much there either. At this point, I might as well put the time and training in since I've fed them this long. What a shame. Even my vet told me the two boys (Moose & JJ) were just wonderfully bombproof babies for what he normally sees in the field at this age. Just sad that there is so much potential in this small breeding herd and not the economy or the people to support it.

So, I'll just sit back next year and watch you guys all stress out. ROFL! It will be fun to get a break from my own for a change.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbiiiiiii!!!!!! HI!

Diana, No foal cam on Ginger, but she is fuller and her milk is almost there, we should have a foal tonight. or tomorrow, or the next day, next day, next day LOL!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2560
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha!! you gals are crazy! post pics holly!!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Ginger is barely testing better than this am. she still tests 24-48 hrs. She is dripping milk, its white but not quite good sticky. She is a maiden.QH mare from Easy Jet? lines I believe.
Oh and Diana, you will appreciate this udder LOL!!!

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/8-18ginger004.jpg
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/ginger817.jpg

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2563
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not completely 'positive' why that udder was pointed in my direction, but you can bet that if ANYONE appreciates a good udder, it is me...LOL
She's looking like she'll pop any minute!!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its because it is so lopsided like your mares was before foaling.:-)

And she did POP at just after 10:00 pm tonight a sweet little filly:-)
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/GingerandJet021.jpg

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 822
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, nope, I haven't had a Rousseau (yet!), I was hoping to breed him to Dolly, but his stud fee is a little bit on the expensive end. It just wasn't gonna happen this year. Rousseau can tend to through "tank children", based on the mareline though... so I'm not sure breeding him to Dolly would be the best idea in the world, after seeing how thick this Fabuleux filly is. Although I'm pretty determined to breed Rousseau's son, Ampere, to my Fabuleux filly if she pulls through all this. I believe they are planning to import Ampere when he hits the FEI Levels in Europe. Lovely, lovely line of horses!

Congrats Holly! Glad all went well, and it's a filly, I love those fillies :-)

Post some dry pix tomorrow!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2565
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahah!! I figured it out after a while holly.....just wasn't at my sharpest when I looked at it...LOL

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!

Yall go check out my new appy he is posted in the stallion section:-)

Bobbi Govro
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Holly! Nice baby! Hope I get mine soon. Glad everything went well.

sally cory
Neonate
Username: Sally_c

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been reading these posts for months now so decided it was about time I added my two on. I have two maiden mares due to foal next year, first is Star, she is due begining of April, she is a cob cross in foal to a Welsh cob stallion.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/100_1649.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/DSC00005_1.jpg

hope that works!

Second is missy, again a cob cross in foal to a cob stallion. This is my rescue mare, she had a very rough start in life but is such a sweet mare considering.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/DSC00004.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/100_1641.jpg
Missy is due to foal end of May.
Congrats to all of you on the 2010 foal watch.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very pretty mares Sally, Cant wait to see the foals!
Welcome !
Thanks Bobbi!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2578
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sally, those foals should be extremely cute!! I love the cob horses....welcome to the board!! I'll hang out with you in May for foal watch!!

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thankyou, I can't wait till next year, it'll be great been able to share it with all of you on the board.

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

star is due 17 june 2010 shes in foal to my stallion hes han/irishdraft hes called jedi.

Dad training with jade

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9758/dsc00285h.jpg

Dad first show

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/254/photo0024ifi.jpg

True love

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3669/photo0320m.jpg

Mum to be relaxing

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3236/photo0011v.jpg

Mum to be pic 2

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5355/photo0050c.jpg

A new hope scan pic 1

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5908/photo0077lnq.jpg

A new hope scan pic 10 days later

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6580/photo0083b.jpg

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool Mary Anne. I can't wait to see what the foal will look like. I wonder if the foal will have color. Do you know the chances of it being color?

I loved seeing the pictures, thanks for sharing. Congratulations again!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont know but the last foals twins .have been first set palamino/bay.dont know sex second set both palamino colt foals so fingers crossed for a coloured this time.

Linda Bauer --
Breeding Stock
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 296
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finely ended up with 1 out of 2 mares in foal for next year. Couldn't seem to get & keep in foal my 20 yo appy mare. I was hoping for 1 more baby out of her before retireing her. I may try again next year!
Anyway had my AQHA mare checked Fri and she is still in foal @ 117 days so will have a mid April foal. So guess I will be joining you all here for DUHH. Happy Foaling

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2626
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DUHH!!!! YAY Linda!! I'll be happy to join you on foal watch! I hate that your appy mare isn't bred, hopefully next year!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2235
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One is better than none Linda. Congrats!!

Update on Zealand's leg injury, since Samantha had asked a while back. She needs to have surgery to remove dead bone from her leg. This is a relatively common leg injury, so it shouldn't be too bad of a surgery. The bad part is a long recovery of 3 - 4 months of stall time. That is a lot for a young 2 year old. Ugh!

Next week Uh-O has her 60 day ultrasound. The vet is going to try and sex the fetus. That would be way cool! We will go to Michigan to pick up Uh-O and bring her home on Sept. 26th. She's been gone since the middle of April. A long time to be gone! I can't wait to see her!

How's everyone's preggo mares doing? Heidi, did you have the heartbeat ultrasound yet?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 875
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn....glad to hear you will get Uh-O back soon. Preciosa is six months along and no need to check I CAN SEE SHE IS PREGNANT....pretty big for a maiden. Lil, Doctora, Galea, Galera, Eneida, Europa still in foal...the fun starts with due dates of 3/3, 3/18, 3/22, 4/11, 4/11, 5/7, 5/20, and 6/2. It seems around the corner to me.

We have a new mare, Shanti, here is a pix...she is 3 years old and already 16.2....due June 2.

[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/ZF-0473-71080-1-001.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/ZF-0473-71080-1-006.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/6380_1177292865907_1035 688166_54166.jpg[/IMG]

Linda Bauer --
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 297
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Foaling season will be upon us before we know it.
I do fill lucky with even one. I coundn't get her to settle last year. She is tipped some so we infused her and stitched her up last winter. When I took her in to have caslicks taken out she was just about to ovultate. Took her to the stud they covered her once, When I picked her up I dropped her @ vet, he put a breeding stitch in her. Checked at 14 days with good news, checked again @ 30 days still good. Vet was going to caslicks her at that time but she had already sealed herself up from when he took out her casliks before breeding. That saved me a few $$$$$$$$

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2236
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 01:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry, I love love love your new mare!!!!! She has such nice confirmation and is a beauty besides! She is and will be a large girl, which I really like.

I hope Asia ends up to be 16.2 or so. Speaking of Asia, she's going back to the USDF show finals this weekend. There are so many nice horses there, I would be so incrediably happy if she placed! Wish us luck!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2628
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry, amazing mare! You've got an eye for the impeccable!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2606
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry...Good luck this weekend I know you have a big show...I will not be able to make it down. My 25 year old son, married just this March died in an auto accident a couple of weeks ago and we have so much to do to help his bride get settled in their new home. We are hearbroken and finding our way through. I have cried many
tears into the manes of my companions....

Marilyn....good luck with Asia..I know she will make you proud! I will be pulling for Zealand to come through with flying colors.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, how devastating this must be for you. I can't imagine the loss of a child.....My heart hurts for you. My prayers to your family.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2237
Posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's heartbreaking to read the horrible nightmare your living through. I was just thinking of you today and wondering where you've been.

I wish I were there with you, so you could cry on my shoulder and just talk. Please know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless you and give you peace of mind knowing he's in a better place and you'll surely be together again.

Marilyn

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 876
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 03:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Jan....I can't think of the words...I wish comfort was that simple...I hope you and your family can find the path back to peace of mind and release from the pain. I am glad you have your horses...I know how much that means at a time like this....please keep in touch...share with us and allow us to comfort you,,,,,Terry

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda Bauer --
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 298
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, words can't express the sorrow I fill for you. I know my horses have helped me thru the loss of my loved ones.
Just know you are in eveyones thoughts & prayers.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I am so very sorry. I will also be praying for you and your family.

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan so sorry my thoughts are with you and your family .xxx

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time x

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I also wanted to express my condolences. I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what your going through. My prayers are with you and your family. *hugs*

Terry, Shanti is very pretty. I'm anxious to see what you get from her.

Marilyn, GOOD LUCK at the show! There's nothing more thrilling than seeing a home-bred foal do well at one of those DSHB shows. I was on cloud nine for weeks after my filly was successful at her first one :-) I'm sorry to hear that Zealand has to have surgery... will be be okay after the recovery?

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 850
Posted on Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there guys and gals! Uh-O had her 60 day ultrasound and everything looks great! The vet said the fetus looks like it will be a filly. So we'll have to wait and see if she's correct. When she gets home, I'm taking out my trusty nail. The vet said we're in for some fun, the fetus is just like mom... evasive... the vet tried to get a better look at the fetus, but no go. lol

The vet said Uh-O still squats and pees at times. That just makes me nervous! But I hear that can happen... UGH!!! The following weekend we take her home from Michigan. I hope all goes well and the transition back home goes smoothly.

My two year old filly (Zealand) who hurt herself on my electrobraid fence, had her surgery and is doing well. She had two bone fragments and only slight damage to the bone. So the vet scraped the dead part off the bone. She had 15 stitches, which will come out in 2 weeks. She will be stalled for 3 to 4 weeks and then will go out with Asia and Uh-O.

So all in all the farm is finally getting back to some normalcy. At least as normal as it can be.

I hope everyone's pregnant mares are doing well and just think, Spring, and foaling time is just around the corner.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great News Marilyn!
Bonny hasnt returned to heat SO I AM WAITING!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 854
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome Marilyn!!! Will you be keeping Uh-O's foal if it is a filly? I always pray for fillies :-) Glad to hear that Zealand's surgery went smootly, hoping for a full recovery. How did Asia do at the show?

Holly, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Bonny!! I don't know how you do it, I always have my girls checked by 18 days at the very latest, I have very little patience and want to know LOL.

My TB mare bred to my stallion will be coming home this weekend to prepare for Inspection on Monday, so I think that we will probably ultrasound her to make sure she's still pregnant. She's something like 60-70 days. We will do a blood test on Trea at 5 months, just to be sure she's still if foal. Today is day 97 for her. We are dealing with hopefully just an abscess, but also a bit of a laminitis scare... we're keeping our fingers crossed that when the abscess comes out, she will be more conformtable. I put a poultice on the hoof with the abscess, and am going to wrap some stryofoam on the other front today. Bailey is doing good, fat and happy, I'm fairly confident she is still pregnant as well... she's an easy girl (*knock on wood*)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Holly and Samantha!

I won't be keeping Uh-O's foal. I would keep each and every one of my foals, but I need to recoop some of my loses. lol Not only that, I really don't have room for more than I already have.
Asia did "alright" at the horse show. Mike (my husband) showed her twice. She is very ugly right now, with this huge butt!!! The judge said her butt is too developed for her age. Asia takes after her "big butt" mother. lol So her butts way in the air and she doesn't move well right now. Great time to show her, hey? LOL Mike, my husband, did not do a good job showing her at all! He can't run! lol... Everyone there had a professional handler and here we are, like the Beaverly Hillbillies at the show, trying to look good. We looked like YUCK! LOL...

Asia was the youngest one there. The rest were 3 year old and up. Some in the teens. So I guess for her age, she did fine.

But no ribbons and kinda embarrested... lol Next time we get professional handlers... my husband agreed. lol

I am proud of Asia for being alone at the show with no buddies and being such a good girl! No screaming, pawing or any other annoying things. Even jumped in the trailer first thing! So I was extremely happy with her attitude!

(Message edited by marilyn_l on September 17, 2009)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2607
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn...Congrats..getting her out there to the show and getting her used to everything is perfect. She will one day be your swan. So glad all is well with Uh-O and I am pulling for a filly for you! Also if you are going to breed her back do it right after she has her foal. My repo vet says once a mare that has had a hard time getting in foal does better if bred every year. Thanks for all of you prayers, I appreciate them, trying to live in the new normal.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha,
I get very anxious but with limited access to vets that see minis for repro issues its usually a wait and see game. The closest vet that will see my minis (he used to come to the house but switched clinics) is now about 1 hr drives time. And with the pregnant goats time usually passes quickly, lol.By the time goat watch is over it will be time for Bonny preg wee foal test.
Right now Bonny is under cam as well as Gretta, if yall visit Dianas sight, http://www.themysticalmini.com/ you can live chat and watch my goats wobble around then kid.:-)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Friday, September 18, 2009 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan, I'm happy to see you posting. You and your family have been on my mind a great deal. I've been praying for all of you as well.

Thank you for the encouraging words regarding Asia, I hope you're right.

I felt the exact same way, thinking Uh-O should be bred back right away, but the vet said we need to get her back on a Spring breeding program, otherwise we'll have a later and later foaling each year. She doesn't think Uh-O will have a difficult time getting pregnant in the future, because she believes the biofilm was causing all the problems and we now have that under control.

So we'll make sure she's clean and has caslicks and try again the following year. I hope we won't regret this decision, but I feel the vet has our best interest at heart.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 877
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all....it has been a very busy and consuming month with the horse show and then the Tribunal from Spain. These activities wear me out. The mares did well at the show each getting third in their age class and Doctora earning Best Movement. The yearling colt, Kenya was second in his class and it was a huge learning experience for him. I am very proud of his good behavior and response to training....I have found a gelding to live with him this winter in a field...he can relax and be a kid ..

Fabulilla and Doctora were both passed by the Tribunal and now become Qualified Breeding Stock....something like Elite in the WB breeds....what a relief for me....they looked and performed beautifully...they too are back in the field just broodmares again. Neither ever has to go to the show ring again...I am sure they are happy about that.

Soon we will be doing baby shots, more 3 and 5 month mare shots and last pregnancy checks before winter.

Happy to hear your news Marilyn Holly and Samantha.

Jan you are in my prayers and thoughts....God be with you...

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2647
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's great news Terry! I am so glad your girls did well.

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Terry on your girls.

My mare Star is now 5 months along and is already showing, her belly looks huge, i know all horses start showing at different times just did't expect it this early on as she is a maiden.

Hope everyone else's mares are keeping well x

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2247
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news on your horses Terry! Isn't it fun when things go well. :-)

My friend and I are doing ground work with Asia and at first it was a fight, but she's coming along. She is a very determined young girl!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2649
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sally, i have one who is 'supposedly' 3 months along (bred in june) and she's ENORMOUS as well. She had her last breeding in June, then was shipped to me from West Virginia. She was out with the stallion all year though. The weird thing is, she has only just ballooned up since being here. So I have no idea whether to think she was bred before june, or is just gonna be HUGE. She's also a maiden. Do you have pics of your girl? I'll try to get some of my mare and post this evening.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sally& Diana, please post pics!
Glad to hear every ones mares are doing so well! Still no sign of heat in Bonny!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2650
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay! holly!!

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fingers crossed for you Holly.

Here's some photo's of star taken the other day, not brilliant photo's as taken on my phone i'll get some better ones later.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/SNC00151.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/SNC00152.jpg

I'd loved to see pictures of your girl Diana.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2652
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she is big! One of my maidens last year was ABSOLUTELY ENORMOUS in november, and didn't deliver until April 11....she had me wondering a long time. I just couldnt' see how she could get any bigger...

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holly, happy to hear she's not coming in season! Are you going to do the Wee Foal test?

Sally, I can't believe how big your mare is already. Is she a totally black mare? She is very pretty! Who's the daddy? What does he look like?

Bobbi Govro
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, so you know how I said that I had ZIP, NADA, NOTHING due in 2010? I lied:

ROFL! So my dorkey husband didn't THINK that my big boy would go through the 2X8's that he propped up in the barn entrance (seperating big boy from new mommy echo & foal)...just because his cows were ducking under it and going back and forth between the two pastures....duuuhhhhhh!

Since Warrior hasn't bred anything this year and our intention was not to breed anything this year and he's been such a great boy about it...my delusional husband also THOUGHT that he'd just passively stand by watching the cows go through it/over it/under it and wouldn't challenge it...BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yea, right up until Echo came into heat last weekend and then, Warrior turned into Ninja Turtle Number Three and blasted his way through and after a few days of milling around with his girl....I have no doubt that I'm now due for ANOTHER late year 2010 baby.

Criminy!!!! Men!!!!! I tried to tell him weeks ago that fate was being tempted. Now that its occurred, somehow its Warrior's fault....ROFL! I challenged my water-brained husband to put his big ole angus bull in field and prop those two 2X8's up and seperate him from all those cows and we'll just see how that works out for him. BAH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Marilyn, shes got a couple of white bits round the coronet on three legs and a star under her forelock other than that shes all black. Daddy looks very much like Star, nearly all black, he is a Welsh Cob (Maesmynach Black Gent).
Both Star and Black Gent carry the Nebo Black Magic blood lines. Hopefully post a picture of daddy soon.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi!!! Hahahaha! When is she due?!

Sally she is big, lol, did you US her?

Marilyn, I prolly will wee foal should be able to buy late November.

Diana wheres the pics?!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2654
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they're comin'......be patient with me!! LOL

sally cory
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 03:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Holly she was US twice, once at 20 days to confirm pregnancy and again at 60 days.

Bobbi, ROFL, men there's no telling em sometimes,will you have Echo US to confirm.

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 547
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys! Well, went to a horse sale yesterday with my trainer, only to observe, as she was looking for a school horse or a prospect...what happens, I go home with a 12 year old mini jenni donkey, who is probably pregnant...HA HA..she's so darn cute. Was covered March/April of this year, so will get pix real soon...she's over at the trainer's right now...she wants to use her this weekend for pony rides for a school fund raiser...they just walk them in circles with little kiddies on them....so looks like I may have a "moal" watch with you guys....after all...Kim

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2670
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yay!!! can't wait to see it!!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2271
Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, I often thought I'd really enjoy a mini donkey. They are so darn cute! I hope she is pregnant. If you get a chance, would you post some pictures?

Congrats, by the way, how awesome!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 548
Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Marilyn and Diana...I have to go take some pix of her....we are so excited to have her...get some up real soon! Kim

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just have to share this with you cause i'm so excited, hope you don't mind, Star is 180 days and I saw and felt her foal moving for the first time today. Can't believe it as I wasn't expecting to see it moving until she was at least 8 months along, it was so amazing.

Bobbi any news on Echo, is she in foal for next year.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vet is coming today to do an US on Bonny at 2. I will update after!

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fingers crossed for you Holly

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heres a couple of pics of my girl Star now six months along

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/100_2209.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/sallycory/100_2215.jpg

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a cutie mare! Glad all is well with Star.

BONNY IS PREGNANT!!!:-) 73 days and all looks well, no signs of twins. I am very pleased!

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Holly I am really pleased for you, am I right in thinking Bonny is a mini?

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1865
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is actually a shetland pony. She is to big to be a mini.
I will get some pics posted soon.
Thanks!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 870
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whooo! Congrats Holly!! So happy for you :-) Who's the daddy?

My three seem to be doing well. Trea is almost 5 months and already very round.. which is making me nervous. She had ultrasounds at 16, 18, 20, 25, 45, and 65 though... so I really doubt there would be a twin. Maybe that's just her though? This is her 6th foal. I had to let her blanket straps WAY out from last year lol.

Kate hasn't had any more signs of discharge, so I'm just crossing my fingers at this point... really hoping she's still pregnant. Bailey is doing well too, her '09 colt is almost 5 months old, so he'll be weaned here in the next week or two. They are both approaching four months. Foaling seems to far away!!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1866
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Samantha! Bonny is bred to a black miniature. The stallions sire is the sire to Brock, so This stallion, Pocco, is half bother. Their sire is a miniature Black and white tobiano Stallion.And both Brock and Pocco are solid black, except for a small white spot on Poccos back hoof. I am so hoping for a filly this time!

Glad to hear all is well with your girls! I remember when my mare was about 5 months along with Brock she was huge, I wonder if its the time frame? Sally's mare Star is also looking big at that stage.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, meant to add this pic of the sire lol:
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Pocco-1.jpg
And Bonny from this summer:
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/EricaBonny7-29-09003-2.jpg

(Message edited by Bonny on October 29, 2009)

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1868
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry here is the bonny pic:
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/EricaBonny7-29-09003-2.jpg

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2672
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holly, I just read this!! Great news for you and bonny!!!

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Diana! I am thrilled. I hope all goes a well as last time. At least this time I have a due date! Hahahaha!

sally cory
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare star is now 254 days along, she is very big and has started to act very stallion like, i put her out the other day and her tail went straight up in the air and she was snorting which isn't like her at all. I only have to touch her and her ears lie flat bad, normally she is so placid and you can do anything with her. she has also started to develop an udder on one side, just lose skin no milk, i've read that this is quite common, but it doesn't stop me worry that all is ok. Not long to go now, foal is very active especially at feed time.
When is the best time to start watching her more closely?, this is my first foal and hers and want to make sure i'm there for her.
Hope every one elses mares are doing well.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 08:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sally, glad all is well with your mare!
I will start close watch at day 300. But ours are small mares and can tend to go around day 300-340.
Even if I had a standard size mare I would think day 300. As if we wouldnt be anyways right!LOL!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 913
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

300 days is when I officially begin to check the mare daily for changes....

sally cory
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

many thanks for that Holly and Terry

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 401
Posted on Friday, January 15, 2010 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare is at 255 days today.... her belly is starting to get big

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US