SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

To those who have used WEE FOAL!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » To those who have used WEE FOAL! « Previous Next »

Kim
Neonate
Username: Kim_aqha

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 02:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To those who have used WEE FOAL, please share your experiences!

When did you test, how many days was your mare, did you have a negative and accurate result, positive and accurate result, false negative, false positive (even thought they claim they don't give them without human error)

Thanks!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Friday, May 01, 2009 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never used wee foal, but i hate to see your post sit unanswered...LOL. It's accurate to 300 days, so your mare oughta be at a good time to test. If you got a positive, I'd bet she's prego....although< i'd probably have her ultrasounded just to make sure all is well with everything. (read your other post already) what type of human error would bring about a false positive?

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 387
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used it once and the results were inconclusive(she had one dark line and another light line BUT the company is very helpful. They had me send in my mares urine and they tested it and she was not in foal--said she possibly had been in foal and lost it and that is why I had a light second line. She would have been like 180 days I think when I did it

Kim
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm, thats weird because 2 lines is negative, not positive. So that means you got the correct result if you saw two lines, negative, and she was not in foal..

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Company is awesome to deal with. I have used wee foal several times. I had 1 false positive, and 3 correct results. Company could not determine why we had a false positive.
I also sent urine in and it was tested and the mare was preg and tests were correct.
Sometimes there can be a *ghost* line which is a very faint 2nd line and this can be caused by testing to early. ( almost the same as a false neg) But 2 clear lines is a neg. A ghost line can also be a positive. If in doubt re test or send a picture to wee foal for help.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a pic of a ghost line. My mare was pregnant and test was done at day 73. ( mare was covered twice and we didnt know which took) Test results is positive with a ghost line and mare was preg.
The false positive did not have a ghost line.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/7-17-08058.jpg

Kim
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Holly! I really appreciate it and the picture was VERY helpful!

beverly cabot
Nursing Foal
Username: Pulsations

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have used wee foal and found it to be accurate. I recommend it if u are a nervous foal waiter and want to calm your fears, without invading the mares uterus after 100 days(before this reccomend blood test.

Jean-Mari
Weanling
Username: Reggie123

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi thanks for this thread! I did not no if my mare was pregnant or not she just suddenly got a very big belly and hanging and she missed to or 3 seasons if not more, so i got the wee foal, got a tiny bit of warm fresh wee in a bucket and did the test and got a very clear bright red line (One at C) So this means she is pregnant, i even felt the baby the last 4 days very active!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US