SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Gypsy's baby

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Gypsy's baby « Previous Next »

Ivette Armstrong
Neonate
Username: Gypsy_girl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

I am new to this board and i have 1 pregnant mare due in March of 09 her name is Gypsy Queen. I have some questions as this is my first time breeding a horse. She is a Morgan and is bred to a Freisian stallion. She is due between March 12-18 i am starting to prepare the foaling stall and pasture for her now before winter hits. My 1st question is should i keep her alone or with the other mares until she foals? I have 2 pony mares that she can be with as i feel she should not be in with the geldings is this ok? Also the pasture that i am setting up will be electric fencing the wider strand of Tape fencing would this be ok for the foal? I don't want to put any wire as i don't want the foal to be injured with it. The pasture would be attached to the foaling stall which is 17 1/2 x 12 she is 14 hands tall so not very big horse per say.

Ivette Armstrong
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have any input on this??

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Ivette! I was a newbie like you last year. Is your mare a maiden? I would agree with puting her in with the 2 pony mares and not the gelding. A month before she is due, I would put her by herself in her foaling stall. Speaking from experience with using electric tape only as a means of confinement, I wouldn't suggest it! It is pretty safe, but no guarantee to keep them in if something scares them bad enough. My run off my foaling stall is non-climb horse fence with electric tape. http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/Jetta%20in%20March%20 08/0330081649a.jpg I had them in this for about the first 3 weeks. Then I tried putting them in an area of just electric tape, something scared my filly, and she ran right through it. Luckily I was right there when it happened and caught up my mare right away and her filly followed back to their run off the barn. Do you have any pics of your mare and the stud she is bred to you can share with us?

Ivette Armstrong
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She has had 2 previous foals with other people this would be her first and only with me as i am not a breeder nor pretend to be i bred her for my replacement riding/dressage horse.As far as the pasture thing this pasture is confined within my property so if the foal did break thru the fence it would still be in the property with no where to go i still feel this would be safer than wire fencing for sure. The pasture is too big to put up that type of fencing you have in that picture and it would cost a fortune to do since i am dealing with about 5 acres of just the pasture for the mare and foal. Thanks for the info.

Here is a pic or my mare and the sire.

Gypsy

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/gypsy2.jpg

Jan

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/?action=view&current=Jan0607face2edges_op_496x600.jpg

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/?action=view&current=Jan_eating_w_edges_op_400x600.jpg

(Message edited by gypsy_girl on October 14, 2008)

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the rest of your property is fenced, than I think electric tape would be fine. Your mare is cute! The other two pics you posted didn't work though.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Ivette,

Post pictures of your mare we would love to see her! If your mare and the pony mares are pasture mates that is fine...You just would not want to introduce anyboy new to avoiding kicking injuries or food fights. Your set up sounds good. What type of bedding are you going to use?

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 1466
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette I think youve done your research and have it pretty well figured out It is so nice that your area is so lg it provides a wonderful clean place for them to be. I suggest straw bedding and leaving her with her pony friends until a month- 2 wks before delivery

Ivette Armstrong
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought of using straw bedding as i have read that shavings is a no no for a foal. On the pics of the stud if you copy the link and paste it in the address bar it will take you to the pictures i am not sure why they did not work when i posted them on here.

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it doesnt work sometimes. it just requires reposting and it will work usually they are both beautiful horses your morgan is she the old style she looks it in the pic

(Message edited by bugrace2000 on October 14, 2008)

Ivette Armstrong
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes she is an old style Morgan more baroque type that will compliment the Freisian very well she is my daughters mare but i am breeding for my dream baby and so my current NSH can retire when the time comes.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette, leave her with the pony mares until you notice her separating herself from them. Usually, about a month before foaling, then tend to separate themselves from the herd....they graze a little further away, and start backing ears when others come near....i'd do it then.

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there arent many "old" morgans around anymore she is a beauty and so is he cant wait to see pictures of that baby

Ivette Armstrong
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trust me everyone will see pictures of this baby lol... I can't wait i sit on the internet here at work filling my brain with as much info as i can i am trying to do the best i can for this foal. She will have a foal cam i have the cameras but they are not set up yet i must be able to watch her from work! so i will have her on marestare to keep watch over her.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 04:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ivette, have you bought the book called "Blessed are the Broodmares"? It'll help loads! (especially if your vet doesn't come out)

Ivette Armstrong
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 04:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes i bought that book before my mare was even bred lol... Silly i know but hey everything worked out.

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 810
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette,
Welcome to the forum!!!! Lovely mare!!! It sounds like you are on the right track. You will find this forum an invaluable source of encouragement as you wait out those last weeks.

Diane Loveday
Weanling
Username: Dianeluv

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette your mare and her stud are gorges! I can't wait to see your baby.

Charleen, I noticed you mentioned that a pregnant mare should not be turned out with a gelding. My preg. mare is turned out with my gelding every day.Should I be worried about my guys? They have been pasture mates for 4 yrs. I do plan to have a run off my mares stall and restrict her there 1 mo to 2 weeks befor foaling.

Ivette Armstrong
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone i am looking forward to this foal i just purchased a foaling kit and the Foal predictor strips i know i am a little early for this stuff but i just love buying things horsey related especially for my foal to come. I think i have everything i need here is a list of what i have tell me if i am missing anything ok.

Live video cameras
VSI Foal kit
Foal predictor strips
foal halter
foaling videos and books
getting stall ready (foal proof)
getting pasture ready (Electric fencing)
Up to date on shots and worming of mare

Tahra Sky 3/14
Breeding Stock
Username: Tahra

Post Number: 199
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane I keep all my horses together. Swan was with the boys up tell 2 months before foaling. (Only because she kept showing me signs.) They were separated for about a month with same fence. My boys loved Sky from the beginning and after I introduced them I have never had a problem. Leave them together and let them be happy.

Diane Loveday
Weanling

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tahra, Thanks for the reassurance. I plan to keep Mom and baby separate for a few weeks. I expect Mom will show me when she is comfortable with the Big Guy near the baby with fencing in between. I use electric rope fencing, my horses are used to it and never challenge it. It is fairly easy to put up and take down. The perimeter of my property is also fenced. Will it be alright for the foal?

Tahra Sky 3/14
Breeding Stock
Username: Tahra

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it should be ok. I find that baby will learn from mom alot. They will chalenge it but by the time they do they are a little older and use to runing to mom for comfort.

Linda Bauer --Rebel due 4/3/09
Breeding Stock
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 149
Posted on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, I also let my mare run with my gelding and other mares up until about 1 month before foaling. The mare let me know when she was comfortable letting the others get close since they are just across the fence. When she quit being agressive towards them thru the fence I put her back out. I also have electric tape up and the colt did great. He has never went thru it. I saw him walk up to it once and touch it with his nose. He got a shock and never went back. He learned quicker than the older ones

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok here is a recent picture of Gypsy is she starting to show or what????

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/pregoGypsy.jpg[/IMG]

Terry Waechter lady in waiting
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivette...yes she is showing...the fun is soon to come!!

I have quite a few horses starting with 6 broodmares, foals, yearlings, 2 yr olds, retired horses and geldings. All are pastured. I move them around all through the year depending on what is going on. Right now the broodmares that are foaling in the spring are in a separate pasture along with a couple of weaned fillies (not with their mothers), and 2 two year olds I am feeding differently than the others. In the other field there is a mix of weanlings, retired mares, 2 year olds, one not in foal brood mare and a gelding. I look at each horse to see where they should be kept depending on their condition, sex, their temperament, and their special needs...i.e., pregnant, show horse, sale horse, thin, fat, aggressive etc. For example the more aggressive 2 year old is with the older horses who keep her in line, the more passive one is with the youngsters where she has more self esteem....

It is a big job to juggle the social order but I find the horses teach each other a lot and they tell me if they are happy with the choices I make for them. I watch them together every day and pay close attention to how they are getting along. It affects everything about the individual's health so I tweak the composition of the mini herds often.

Marilyn Lemke - Asia born 7-11-08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very interesting Terry. I do the same thing. In fact I went and purchased another youngster to be with Asia who is a 4 month old orphin. I felt my other horses were not a good match for her personality. This new yearling is perfectly matched with Asia and I'm very pleased with the order of things right now. :-)

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking of doing that too. I am going to go save a baby before i wean my foal so it can have a buddy close to it's age to play-socialize with. I think this is a good thing.

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update on Gypsy! Well we are getting closer and i am getting excited and scared at the same time! I have had alot going on lately so i guess i am just being a worry wort. Here are some recent pics of the lady in waiting.

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Hooves/Gypsy%20update%20pics/ 100_0799.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Hooves/Gypsy%20update%20pics/ 100_0804.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Hooves/Gypsy%20update%20pics/ 100_0797.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Hooves/Gypsy%20update%20pics/ 100_0798.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Hooves/Gypsy%20update%20pics/ gypsy1.jpg[/IMG]

She is due in Mid-March and i think she is looking really good happy and content.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivette,

She does look great! Time will fly by!

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 383
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like you are in for a treat...beautiful mare with great type for this cross. Anxious to see the result ...Please keep sharing pix. Terry

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok i need advice on this please. We are working on the foaling stall and my husband and i are being indifferent on this issue so any advise would be appreciated. All i can say is that in my opinion the wood should be on the inside of the door! he says it's fine the way it is. I will be showing him this post so please be honest and tell us what you think we need more impute from more experienced folks/breeders!

Pictures of gate

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/100_0832.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/100_0831.jpg[/IMG]

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette, I don't see how putting the wood on the inside would make it any different. There is no gap, and no way the baby can get caught in it.

Elizabeth Schaeffer
Nursing Foal
Username: Tallthickblonde

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rake looks like more of a hazard than the wood! Just kidding! I think the wood on the inside would definitely have a more seamless feel, but it should serve its purpose either way.

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you ladies i just want to make sure baby will be safe! I think i am being a little too safe if you know what i mean. I am driving my hubby insane lol...

(Message edited by gypsy_girl on February 12, 2009)

Suzanne Paulette
Breeding Stock
Username: Spaulette0001

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette we use wood on our gates and attach it to the inside of the stall. We do this in case the mare or foal gets cast and the wood is less likely to come loose and a foot get trapped. The only other issue I see is the gap at the bottom of the door. We usually place a 2X 4 or a 2 X 6 depending on the gate height to cover this gap so that if the baby lays down in front of the door its legs don't accidentally get caught under it. But yall have done a beautiful job on the stall!!

Beth Walker
Yearling
Username: Bbhorses

Post Number: 75
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette, I agree with Suzanne. We always put the wood on the inside as we have had several horses kick or get cast and push the wood off if it is on the outside of the gate or panel. Your stall looks great, excellent job!! How is Gypsy doing?

Elizabeth Schaeffer
Nursing Foal
Username: Tallthickblonde

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 02:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suzanne and Beth have very good arguments for putting the wood on the inside. I would want the wood on the inside as well!

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone i have Gypsy on marestare so you can watch her with me. She is doing good and enjoying her new stall lol does not want to go out go figure.

http://www.marestare.com/slcam.php?alias=redbud

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1954
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i was looking forward to marestaring with you....but it says cams are not on....

Dee Jay
Breeding Stock
Username: Djscoloredcorral

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, the gate would be safer with the wood on the inside. Make sure however you attach it to the gate that there are no obstacles such as bolts or nuts sticking out the foal could catch an eye on or otherwise injure itself. I did the same thing with a piece of plywood on the inside of my gate and attached it with Ubolts from the inside to the outside, then cut off the remainder of the bolt that stuck out past the nuts, which were self tapping, and then to be even more safe, we ground down the ends of the bolts so there were no rough edges. When the gate is open into the paddock, the horses have no way of injuring themselves on the bolts are facing towards the outside of the gate. (It swings outward to open up into the paddock)
Only other thing is build up the part of the stall under the gate so that the foal does not get a leg stuck under and panick and snap a bone trying to get up. You can do this with an additional piece of lumber or build up the stall bottom with additional stone dust and rubber mats.

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cam is up and running now we where having some technical difficulties but hopefully now it's all fixed. Just keep in mind i am on satellite so if the wind blows too hard the signal may be gone for a sec but it should restart automatically so be patient. It does not help we have had 25 mile an hour winds the past couple of days either lol... She is out in the pasture right now with another horse. Thanks for watching.

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone just wanted to give you all an update. Gypsy is still holding on to that baby. Not sure what she is waiting on but as long as baby is healthy it's all that matters. She is driving me with sleepless nights it's as if she knows i am watching and she is playing with my head. Silly mare.

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gypsy foaled a gorgeous foal on March 20th at 12:30 am. His name will be Von Percival aka Knight. He is a huge and perfectly healthy boy.

Beth Walker
Yearling
Username: Bbhorses

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations, on a healthy foal. Any pictures, can't wait to see what she produced, it sounds like a great cross!!

Diane Loveday
Yearling

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

congradulations, would love to see some pictures.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivette...Congratulations!

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are some pics and video

New born

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/100_0933.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/100_0936.jpg[/IMG]

1 day
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/100_0961.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/100_0974.jpg[/IMG]

1 week

[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/IMG_0032.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ivette_a2004/Gypsy%20baby/IMG_0015.jpg[/IMG]

Videos:

Birth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29eu7i3uXw

Snow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROM_4je7blA

Just being a baby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7aFrvO5Hg

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 685
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! Amazing birthing video! I know it is normal, but doesn't it scare you when they stand up in the midddle of the delivery! He is beautiful! I am waiting on a Friesian cross, also. He looks like he has is dams color - is that what you see?

Rusti - Chilli due 4-09
Weanling
Username: Rusti

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on a VERY beautiful baby!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2300
Posted on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a doll he is! Really nicely put together!

Ivette Armstrong
Weanling

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 01:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee he has that silver shade to his coat so he will be black black. The lights in the stall make him look different. His mom is black but she fades in the sun a bit not alot just some.

Thank you for the comments on him he is everything i have asked for so i am very happy with how it all turned out.

(Message edited by gypsy_girl on April 02, 2009)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US