SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Not sure what to do

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Not sure what to do « Previous Next »

Christina Madden
Neonate
Username: Crissymadd

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2 months ago I bought a 7 day old foal and agreed to take his mother and care for her until my foal was weaned. These are my first horses and I am really loving it. The problem I have is that I think I was taken advantage of. The mare that was susposed to be the mother of my colt is ready to foal any day now. I asked the man on more than one occasion if she was pregnant he told me no. She is a beautiful mare and I have grown to love her very much. She looked horrible when I got her. She was underweight and her and the baby both had mange. Today they both look great no problems at all. He wants way to much money for her but the thought of her going back to this man frustraites me. He knew that she was pregnant put a nursing foal on her and then handed her over to me to take care of. Not to meantion that he lied to me about her being the mother of my colt. Any ideas of what I could do about this?

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know the mare is pregnant? Did you have a vet out to palpate her?

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No vet but I have friends who are experts at this and she is huge losing fluid and you can see the baby moving twords the birth canal. I have pictures of her but do not know how to post them. Her veins are huge and you can see the baby moving.

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 293
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina You really should have a vet out to check the mare. Many people even knowlegable people are fooled by gas movement in the gut.
If this mare truely is due any day you need to get the foal off her ASAP or the new foal will have no colostrum.
If the owner told you no on more than one occasion I would be inclined to believe him.
If you really think she is though then have her preg checked so you can do right by the foal she is carrying.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=113621 917

I have a myspace acct and have pics of her belly on it. If you click on pics and go to babies she is the last pics put on today. These were taken 2 days ago and the bulge is moving twords her hips now.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will contact a vet and see what he says. My concern is that this man will take her from me. She doesn't belong to me I am only keeping her until the baby is weaned. He wasn't happy that I had given her a dewormer and her vacs. He doesn't believe in any of that. When ever her comes to check on her he always refers to her as a pregnant mare. When I call him on it he says no she is just nursing. Something just doesn't feel right about the whole situation.

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well that was the first time ever to a myspace page for me. I couldn't find anything that said pics.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry about that there is a link that says pics underneath the pic of my dog

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not there for me. :-(

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 359
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina, your myspace page is set to private. No one can see any pics.

Honestly, the only thing you can do at this point is get a vet out to palpate the mare and confirm a pregnancy if it does exist. If the mare is "losing fluid" it doesn't sound good anyway.

And you are 100% absolutely right, the situation is not good and it shouldn't "feel good" to you. Have you paid for the foal you purchased yet? If so, then you need to basically tell this guy to make any further contacts thru your attorney and quit letting him just show up at your place. The mare is on YOUR private property and he shouldn't just "show up" anyway.

The first thing I would do would be to contact the local Humane Society and get them involved, PRONTO! Do you have pics of the mare and foal when they came to you? Can you document their sorry state? His statement of not "believing" in vaccinations and worming is idiotic to say the least. How many other horses does he have that are in this sorry state? It sounds to me like the ASPCA or Humane Society could have a field day with this fellow.

Also, I hope you have kept track of your expenses on this mare to date. You also need to document, document, document. Every transaction, ever conversation you have ever had with this fellow concerning this mare.

Apparently your foal is probably okay even if this was not his real mother. This dummy probably just let this poor old mare nurse any and everything on the place and "didn't believe in weaning". No telling what happened to the foal's real mother.

However, if the mare is indeed pregnant and the guy was lying to you all along, then he is liable for any expenses incurred by you as what he did constitutes FRAUD! And Fraud is not taken lightly by the court system. If that mare is pregnant, then there is no way your foal is her foal. He lied to you in order to get you to take both these horses and feed them and keep them for him.

Call a vet then call the Humane Society. Don't deal directly with this dirtbag any more. Let the Humane Society do that.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I apoligize about the settings I changed it so everyone can see them. I also added pictures of her when I first got her. I did pay for our foal and to be really honest I do care that he lied to me but I am more upset over what he has done to this beautiful mare. I would love to just buy her and be done with him but to be honest I can't afford what he is asking for her. It was more of a mucusy fluid that was coming out of her it wasn't like her water broke or anything. The pictures are under new babies.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina,
Get a vet out to palpate her. In my layman's opinion, she looks preggers to me. If so, you are dealing with a fraud case and the guy OWES YOU.

My gut reaction remains the same. Get the Humane Society involved and an attorney if you can. If you really want to keep this mare then I would say the prospects of this guy having to re-imburse you for your expenses on her to date as well as facing charges from the Humane Society and for fraud as well could be really persuasive.

This idiot has no business with horses anyway if he can't feed, vaccinate and worm them.

Get YOUR ducks in a row prior to causing a stink though. You have to know for sure if the mare is pregnant and you have to have the documentation/evidence of abuse to lay on the doorstep. Hard evidence (photos, receipts, etc.) plus witnesses to co-oborate your story are best. Otherwise you get into a whole "he said" "she said" thing.

Good Luck

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 727
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't see the pictures?? I agree with Catherine though. This man owes you if she is bred. He has lied and there is no way to make that mistake.

Bonny
Breeding Stock
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cant see the pics either. Please get a vet out asap to determine preg status. Then you will know what to do. I can just imagine how your feeling.

Tahra Sky 3/14
Breeding Stock
Username: Tahra

Post Number: 147
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is she the bay mare with the light bay foal with the large star and stripe? If she is I think she looks pregnant. What paperwork do you have from this guy? Does anything say "Mom" will stay with foal tell weaning? If so and she drops a foal I would say you would have some defanant proof. Keep track of all expenses and I agree that if you can afford to have a vet cheek her (and realize you may be spending the money just to have a negative answer) that to do that. If she is indeed pregnant decide on a board cost and tell the guy to either pay up or take the mare. Make sure you have a copy of a bill and that you send one to they guy. Haveing a witnes to the bill is good along with having him to sign upon delivery. It costs a little more but it is well worth it when they say "I never got a bill". Also if you have a vet look at her make sure he understands the posible situation. Working at boarding facilitys has made me have to learn the hard way. Fortuntly nothing was ever directed at me personaly tell Swan. I do know how you feel about not wanting the mare to go back to him but at some point you have to ask yourselfe how much trouble do you want to have with this guy. If he has already lied to you once he will lie again and can make a big deal out of this. It is sometimes better to just let the horse go. On the flip side if he has lied to you and cant pay the boarding bill and vet bills than he may just give the horse to you. That is how I got Swan who is Sky’s mom. The Humane Sosiety is a good place to get some ideas on what to do. However some places wont get in the middle of a situation like this mainly because the horse is now at your place and it is more of a buisnes proble. If you do have anything of what the mare looked like when you got her keep it. The guy could always try to say that the horse looked beter tell you got her. Don't laugh it hapens and then you have the Humane Society looking at you. At my place now I have copys of everything with origan signatures of the owners.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a bill of sale stating that I am taking care of the mare until the colt is weaned. I have pictures of him bringing my horses to me and dates on them and also witnesses. The pictures you see of her and the baby are when he brought them to me and you could really see her ribs and her and the baby also had mange. Today they both look beautiful. I think she still needs a little more weight in her hips but at least your not seeing her ribs as bad as it was when he brought her to me. I have called a vet and I can get her in next week. Everyone who has seen her here at my home thinks that she is ready to drop the baby anytime now so until I get her into the vet I will just keep a real close eye on her.

Tahra Sky 3/14
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 149
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That defantaly sounds good. At this point I am rooting for her to be pregnant so that you can catch the guy in a lie and have a very strong case for you. Look into board costs in your area so you have a good idea of what to be charging him if she is pregnant. Good Luck and keep us posted.

corina gabel
Breeding Stock
Username: Newyearsbaby05

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

id this is a reg. baby of some sort the breed association will get involved! if this guy is selling a baby from a mare that didnt come from that mare they will take legal action against him. Just a thought. If this mare has a baby what will she do to the baby thats allready at her side? I would hate for her to hurt this little one!! not that you need something else to worry about

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for your help with what I am going through. I have another question to ask. It looks like my mare may be having the baby soon and I am not sure what to do with my 2 month old colt. I don't have another area to put him and am not sure how to handle things when the new baby gets here? He is still nursing. I have some colustrom(sp) for when the new baby gets here so I think I have that area covered but am not sure if the colt and new baby should be around each other.

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1544
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take this for what it's worth, because I'm no expert regarding this issue. But if you have colostrum and the mare has enough milk for two, why couldn't both drink from the mare?

I think she would have to be feed very well to keep up with two foals though.

Linda Bauer --Rita foaled 4/25
Yearling
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A horse will produce about 2% of their body wt in milk when they start lactating. After the first three months of lactation milk production will start to decrease. If your mare still has a colt sucking and she doesn’t have time to recover before she foals again, I would think it could cause some nutrition issues with the new foal. I have read that wild horses will nurse up to about a month before they foal before they wean and if they are not bred they can nurse up to 18 months.

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina I wouldn't do anything until you get this mare preg checked. I just have a hard time believing she is pregnant.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 364
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina,
1) Get the mare palpated to determine pregnancy
2) If not preggers, then you don't have to do a thing with the foal currently nursing
3) If pregnant, then you DO have an issue with the foal currently nursing.

Obviously the foal on her now is NOT hers. She is probably good natured and therefore has allowed this little munchkin to nurse.
HOWEVER:
If she foals her own baby, a radical personality change may occur towards the other foal. It will be the "outsider" then. I, nor can anyone else on this board accurately predict what hormones/personality will do at that point; She could possibly reject the new foal.
Why take a chance?

Also, IMO the colustrum issue may already be compromised depending on how close she is to her due date. Palpation can tell you if she is pregnant and if your vet is "good" it will probably give you an estimate of possible due date, but that can vary.

If she were mine and it WAS determined she WAS pregnant I would:
A) Put her alledged owner on notice and present him with a bill to date for her board, vet care, and other items you have been "Out-of-Pocket" on this mare. I would have an attorney, if at all possible, do this and also inform him that he is liable for fraud as he misrepresented the mare as your foal's mother and there are possible repercussions to your foal (which you have already paid for)as it is now obvious to you he was an orphan of some sort and his lineage could be in question (as Corina stated above, if he is supposed to be a purebred, then you have a whole new set of fraud issues with the registry, etc.)

This guy will do one of two things:
1) He will pay your bill, shut his mouth and take this mare home --- She won't be your problem anymore. You will have to wean your foal.
2) He will NOT pay any bills and will bluster and thunder and carry-on and I am sure have some likely excuse as to the reason(s) for the situation. You/an attorney will inform him to leave your premises and you will have to care for the mare in the interim until this gets resolved. And in my opinion, you should wean the foal she currently has at her side in order to allow her to prepare her body and systems as much as possible for the new arrival.
FYI: If you are wanting to keep the mare, then this is your chance to tell him to sign her over to you and the deal is done.

At two months old and getting older every day, your foal could be weaned at this time. Its not an ideal situation, but then nothing about this whole deal sounds "ideal" to date. We have had a few situations in the past where we have weaned foals as early as two months due to health issues, a mare died, etc. Get the current foal used to drinking milk replacer out of a bucket and continue with offering free choice grain and hay/pasture. He won't starve at this point in his life and we have had very young foals in the past that didn't "skip a beat" when weaned early.

A two-month old foal should be nibbling and starting to consume grain and hay/pasture. Also a mare's milk starts to "level off" and decline in quality after about two to three months anyway, thus the baby's innate need to start eating on their own.

Also, the foal needs to be weaned in order to allow the mare to prepare herself for the other foal's impending arrival. As I stated previously, I think (depending on the due date) the colustrum issue might be compromised so be prepared to have the new foals levels checked and supplement the new little one if necessary.

This mare will need opprtunity to bond with her new foal without outside interference from the other one. And if she takes an aggressive attitude toward either foal, then you have a REAL problem on your hands, particularly if she rejects the brand-new one. Once again, why take a chance?

If the mare is pregnant you need to work with your vet on a close basis and really follow his/her advice as they of course have first hand/hands-on knowledge of the situation.

That is my LAYMAN'S OPINION. I am NOT a professional veterinarian or attorney. IMO you need to consult both in this situation.

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Cathrine. Very Good advice.

Christina, will you please keep us updated? I wish I could view your pictures. Best wishes sent to you.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have all been wonderful to me thank you very much. I am so glad I found this web site. I found out that I need to get ahold of the brand inspector. In my state you don't use bill of sales you use the brand inspector and if I need to and she has a brand inspection then I can put a lean on her until we work this all out. I also have a vet coming out next week. I am hoping she lasts that long and if she is not pregnant than I would really like to know what is going on. All the signs seem to point to it. She keeps her tail up, she is getting soft in her rear and is getting testy. Again thank you all for your advice it has really Helped me out alot.

judy cervantes/chenoa born 3/30/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,i was wondering when do foals start to drink water??Is it ok to drink it at 2 months old?Would that limit there milk intake??If they are drinking water is it easyer to wean them??

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1748
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the only concern is if a newborn foal is drinking water only and not nursing by 2 months he should be sort of mimicking mom, trying out water and drinking it, of course my little girl like to climb in the big water bucket just to get it dirty! and eating hay and eating supplements, I would only be concerned if you no longer see him nursing but that does not sound like what you have goin on.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 368
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judy, they'll start splashing about in the water bucket/ water trough at a couple of days old. I don't think they really get "serious" about it until a few weeks old. I've seen babies we have had start to drink at about that age. They do get a lot of liquid from the mares milk.
Once again, as they get older, they get thirstier, just like they get hungrier and start checking out grain/grass/hay. At about 4 to 6 weeks is when I've noticed they start figuring out, "Hey, you can eat/drink this stuff --- and its good!" They may not eat/drink a lot at first, but they will get it figured out.

Hydration is why I think its important to offer the replacement milk in a bucket. Once they figure that out, they will typically be "all over" that stuff and it helps fill the "void".

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 565
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the mare's gonna foal again....wean the one that's at her side now.....he's old enough to do well, and the new baby will need mommy more than him!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 566
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and usually about a month or so old, babies are drinking from water troughs with mom....at about a week or so, they start investigating grain from mom's bucket, and mimicking grass eating. I have 2 babies now (each one month old) that drink from the trough, and eat from a bucket. By 3 months old, they are only getting about 20 percent of their nutrition from mom....I'd think, weaning at this point would go well with some supplements.

Christina Madden
Neonate

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know some couldn't see the pictures on myspace so I learned how to use photobucket. Here are the pics from the 13th and some I took today. Please tell me what you think.

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/crissymadd/

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 160
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Noty an expert and I have my own problems... BUT

In the June 13 pics she looks like she dropped and had that V look.
The pics from the 21st she looks like the foal has moved up and the flank looks fuller.
My guess is she will foal very soon.
IF she is preg that is.

Is she an Arabian?

See the difference or is it me?
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/crissymadd/HPIM4976.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/crissymadd/HPIM4994.jpg

(Message edited by Bonny on June 21, 2008)

Christina Madden
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is a Polish Arabian (i hope) thats what he told me but not sure what to believe anymore. I just got back from checkin on her and she is getting really soft in the hind area but not really doing anything else. She is more interested in grazing than anything else.

Tahra Sky 3/14
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this point have you cheeked for foal movement? If she is that far along I don't see how you could mistake a active foal from gut movement.

Christina Madden
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes that is what made us start thinking that she was pregnant. If she makes it until Friday I have a vet coming out. They could't make it out any sooner. I am just waiting to watch for any other signs other than her getting soft.

judy cervantes/chenoa born 3/30/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 465
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,can some one tell me if a foal has had on and off again diarrhea if that could be a sign of an ulcer??my sister in laws foal is 10 weeks old and has had diarrehea on and off since he was born,she is giving him byo sponge medication small amounts and probios also he will be ok a few days then go back to the runny poo.he has had his blood checked and was on meds for a fever he had a week ago,vet said viral infection,his fever has gone and he is acting normal,playing ,nursing,eating some hay.does anyone have any idea why he gets diarrhea so often??he has a touch of it again today,what could be causeing this??And what should she do to stop it..PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 299
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina I don't know this mare, but to me she doesn't look Pregnant. That could be because unlike others I sure hope she isn't. I will be waiting until Friday to hear the results.

susan lewis
Weanling
Username: Luv4mastiffs567

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SHE LOOKS PREGNANT TO ME!!! AND IF IT WERE ME, I WOULD JUST KEEP THE FOAL. LOL I MEAN HE SAID SHE WASN'T PREGNANT RIGHT. IF SHE DOES FOAL HE'S ALREADY LIED TO YOU. WITH THE BILL OF SALE STATING THAT YOU KEEP COLT AND MARE TILL BABY IS WEENED THEN THAT WOULD MEAN THATS HER COLT. I'M ASSUMMING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO ELSE TO SAY. DID HE NOT TELL YOU AT ANY TIME THAT SHES A FOSTER MOM? BUT WITH HER GETTING READY TO FOAL HERSELF THAT WOULD BE WRONG TO USE HER AS A FOSTER MOM. IS THE COLT REGISTERED AND AS HER AS THE DAM? IF SO I WOULD TAKE HIM TO COURT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE HAS SUGGESTED. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU.
CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENS.

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christina what was the result of the vet check today? Please let us know.

bonnie scott
Nursing Foal
Username: Late4thesky

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I keep checking.. did the vet see her?
I hope everything is oK

bonnie scott
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update pleeeeease.

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 313
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My quess is the mare is not pregnant(and is the dam of the foal) so no need for more posting.

bonnie scott
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 01:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well thats your guess, but I would still like to hear from the OP

Pam Romjue
Neonate
Username: Pammy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you ever find out if she is pregnant? Or did she foal? How are things going???

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US