SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Jos and Mini people! Detecting a mini pregnancy......

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Jos and Mini people! Detecting a mini pregnancy...... « Previous Next »

Joyce
Breeding Stock
Username: Luv2ridesaddleseat

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is beginning to urk me just a bit! There is only one Vet in my state that I know of that palpates minis! All the mini people that I know go to her, she doesn't do farm calls. Every Vet I've asked, and the Vet's I use is a 5 Vet practice, won't palpate minis at all. I had an ultrasound done and all I hear and read is, Vets miss the mini babies all the time. It seems so rediculous to me. My mare was ultrasounded and the Vet, (just out of school) did the ultrasound and didn't see a baby. Should I still think it's possible she could be in foal? I finally got to shave her and she sure looks like it could be a possibility. Either that or she has a beer belly. I'm thinking Vets need to take a course in Mini medicine? Honestly, around here you'd think they are some new species or something! I live in NH. I don't understand why this is such a hard subject around here. Should adult size people, Vets of course, NOT be palpating mini mares? I'd love to send my mare off to be bred, but is she too fat? I don't want to endanger her in any way! Or is she in foal? If a mini is too fat, does it just show up in the stomach?? I just bought her in January so I don't know her history. I've never seen her in heat, but I don't have a stallion or gelding here. I guess my question is, why can't we get a straight answer wether or not our minis are pregnant?

Bonny
Yearling
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce if you would post a picture they could see what you mean about her tummy. Back and side views.

I think some vets are just afraid to palpate minis. I can understand, but it would be so helpful to us mini owners. There are very few in my area that see them, the closest that can us and palpate is 1&1/2 hours from here.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, my vets palpate my minis all the time (even the 28" tall ones)...with no issues. If your vet is unsure of himself though, it's probably best not to force the issue. Post some new pics of your mare! I'd love to see her. Have you noticed any movement? I still can't imagine her being THAT fat, and not being in foal...

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, I haven't noticed any movement, but according to her former owner she would only be 204 days pregnant in these pictures. I would love to breed her, but if this is fat, is it safe to breed her?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00553.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00548.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00556.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00505.jpg

Bonny
Yearling

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, She is such a pretty mare.
I sure hope you find your answers, she doesnt look fat to me just has a tummy. I sure understand your confusion.

Andrea Barnes
Nursing Foal
Username: Gsagain

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A blood test would be the easiest way to tell if she's pregnant.
My vet won't palpate either and I have ponies.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 157
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Bonny! :-)

Andrea, I asked the Vet about a blood test and she said to do the ultrasound. It just doesn't seem like it should be such a difficult thing.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a picture from the back that I took this morning.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00577.jpg

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She really looks preggo to me. She's bigger on one side more than the other. She also looks further along than just over 200 days. Can you do a WeeFoal pregnancy test?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, she's huger than she WAS last time you took photos!!!! OMG! I can't believe it! If you do the blood test, ask for the estrogen assay....great idea to have her sonogrammed again (didn't you do that last time?)....Only this time you won't have to dig the trailer out of the snow. I never realized she was a lineback! How cool! She's beautiful!!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've done 2 weefoal tests, the first was positive, the second was negative. I've done 2 ultrasounds. The first Vet said there could be a baby, it's just too small for him to find. The second Vet is less than a year out of school so I don't know what kind of experience she has. She said she was in heat. She didn't mention why she thought that, and I don't know enough about this stuff to ask questions. I did ask her about a blood test, but she didn't seem to know what I was talking about! My husband will kill me if I get yet ANOTHER Vets opinion! Can fat sometimes just hang over one side of the stomach more than the other side?

Bonny
Yearling

Post Number: 99
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Poor Joyce! I also totally agree with the blood test, that was correct for me. That way you will know 100%!
There are companys on line you can send the blood to and they can test it for you, if your vet cant. Its also a lot cheaper to do it this way. Rocky Mountain Labs test for 25 dollars. They will send you the vials all you do is draw the blood. Or get a friend to!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 468
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your mare looks prego to me....but heck I said that months ago! LOL...I have never had a fat mini that was only fat on one side....but baby typically makes them lopsided. Maybe she's extremely overweight AND prego. I'd definitely do another wee foal or a blood draw. WeeFoal is good until 300 days or so, then becomes inaccurate. My husband just walked in...and I showed him the photos and said, "Fat or pregnant?" and he said, "pregnant!" I dunno Joyce, maybe she is. When you originally posted her photo, she looked alot further along than she would have been. Have you had her on a diet at all? Have you been trying to take weight off her? Cause she aint loosing any!LOL If your vet doesn't know about the test...maybe you can just have her do the blood draw, then send in the test yourself to the place above? I'd definitely find out...in the meantime, I'd err on the side of caution and assume she is. 204 is too early to see movement...so you wouldn't at this point. 204 is too early to tell anything without a test. My vet missed 2 pregnancies by sonogram...so I dont' rely much on them. Palpation or blood test, or wait, is really the only definitive way to know. Let us know what you decide.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You did say that Diana! I wonder why the negative weefoal?? The first few months I had her, say Jan-Mar I had separated a spot for Cookie so she wasn't pastured with my big mare. It was freezing out, tons of snow, and I didn't want to introduce them together until I could spend time outside with them and not freeze. So she hardly moved at all. Now she has been out with Beauty for a couple of months and they spend alot of time trotting around or just moving. So she is getting alot more exercise, thats for sure. Yes, I have been trying to get weight off her. I only give her hay. I've also wondered if she is fat AND pregnant. I don't think I could draw the blood, she hates needles. I swear if she were a 1000 lb horse, we'd be in trouble! I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I wonder why the negative weefoal if she is pregnant? I'd believe the weefoal before the dang ultrasounds anyday.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 161
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bonny, that is interesting about drawing the blood and sending it out myself. I would love to do that, but Cookie was horrible for the Vet. And you know me, trying to get any mini people over here to help me, forget it! That is awesome to know though!

Bonny
Yearling

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce look for an e mail from me on an option. I think this may just work!

Beth Walker
Yearling
Username: Bbhorses

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, what a beautiful mare!! I vote for definately pregnant but she looks further along than 204 days, she looks closer to 304 days.

kimberly male
Nursing Foal
Username: Pawprints

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if this lil gal is pregnant there is no way she would only be 2004 days along! Im agree with everyone else and say its gotta be more like 304 days along. She looks like what my minis look line at the 300 days on period!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Beth! She isn't always real lopsided, does that change? Does the baby move around and sometimes not be all on the side like in the picture I took? Can fat just be on one side like that, sometimes? I wish I could get someone that knew minis over here to look at her for me!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have sent pictures to the woman who has the stallion I want to breed Cookie to. She is only in the next town from me and she owned Cookie when she was a baby. She said Cookie does look pregnant in the pictures. She has a mare ready to foal any time, and as soon as she does, she is going to come over and look at Cookie. I can't wait!

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel badly for you! I know what you have gone through with this and it has been crazy!
I am sending you hugs.
I will be looking forward to her reply!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 166
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Bonny! You are so sweet! I'd actually prefer to breed her for a foal for next spring/summer, rather than from the breeding that the former owner did last October. But I just would like to know once and for all. I never dreamed I'd still be questioning this at this point!

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. Its nice when you have the option of picking a stallion, you can get the match you want.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 167
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New Picture from yesterday. Does anybody have an "overweight mini"? Is this how fat sits on an overweight mini? See the indent and the roll?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00695.jpg

Faith Lichtenberg
Neonate
Username: Crescent

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, I think you are going to have a baby, and sooner than the dates you were given! That last picture looks exactly like one of mine, who was pasture bred but is getting close now. I would be watching your mare very closely.

Regarding palpation, my mare was palpated by the vet last November and pronounced open, yet she is larger and larger, and I see definite foal movement plus a bag in the making, so I think the vet missed something in this case.

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, to me she totally looks bred in that picture.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't noticed any difference in her udder, but in this picture, if you look in front of her udder, you can see a "pouch". There are two side by side that keep getting bigger. What are they? Sorry such a lousy picture, it just happened to show up in it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00694.jpg

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce are you referring to this?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/4793ShyAnne/5-23-08017-1-1.jpg

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, exactly Bonny!

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Than I vote time to prepare for a foal.

Can you get that same view for a picture? OH and measure her! LOL

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can I get that shot? Her belly is like a foot off the ground!! LOL!!!

And I will measure her too.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 481
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, since I moved my horses to Oklahoma, and they are constantly on unharvested wheat....I have some pretty fat horses....but I'm telling you, if I've ever seen it, that mare is bred! FAT gets round around the belly...tanking out from the sides...like they swallowed a 55 gallon barrel....what you've got there is baby droop!!
and everytime I see her, I am more convinced! Did your mini friend come to see her yet? I am less concerned about the pouch...as my really fat mares have them that aren't bred...but If she's just started getting it...? Maybe it's milk veins coming in...

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 485
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, do something for me if you can......tie cookie up, and get behind her. Lift her tail, and take a shot of the udder area from behind. Don't get kicked in the face, cause that'd be my fault, and I couldn't deal with that...LOL

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 171
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a picture of Cookie from behind. She is a sweetie and trusts me and has no intention of hurting me, I can do anything with her.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSC00708-1.jpg

I do look at her from behind and I don't see and difference from a while ago.

Bonny, the answer to your question about how round she is is 64 inches, and that is pulling the tape tight! I did take the pictures that you wanted, but they were too close. I will try againg with the zoom further out.

Thanks so much for all your help, everyone!!!!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 486
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmpf! that tells me nothing....looks completely normal. no bag at all. We have a mystery to solve here! LOL

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, you'll probably need a wide angle lens for her! haha! She's enormous....but we love her.... I am as excited and puzzled as you are, and dying to find out what we don't know. Everyone is saying she looks 304 days, but we were saying that 2 months ago! haha!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 172
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, believe me, I have been watching her bag area! Does it make any difference that the former owner bred her with a 40 inch Shetland pony! UGGGG! Diana, why didn't you move to New Hampshire!!! I can't get ANYONE here to look at her. I'm so bummed. :-( Her bag looks the same as it always has to me.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 488
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And it might continue to look that way (even if prego) until shortly before or after foaling! That's the kicker! And I didn't move to New Hampshire for obvious reasons!....I am a houseplant and cannot take the COLD!!!!!! Although, recent tornados weren't really in the plan either....that's some scary shtuff! I feel so bad for you, and am clueless all at the same time. Surely there's no way she has fat that shifts from one side to the other! If you stand over her, and give her a big bear hug (with your arms on one side, and legs/waist on the other) and gently mash her fat lump (LOL) can you feel a baby moving away from you? When she eats (about 30 minutes after eating) if you stand and STARE at her flank, can you see movement? C'mon, are you POSITIVE you've stared hard and long enough?! Have you tried reasoning with the mare and having the "just give me a sign" talk????? Honestly , if these things don't work, and you can't stare the foal or the truth out of her, I have no idea what we're going to do!!!!LOL

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 09:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, LOL! I agree. I am about to go up there and draw the blood my self!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 07:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to pull up a chair today and sit and watch! Maybe I should post on LB to see if there is anyone near me that would come and look at her. Jeeze, I'm getting desperate!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 489
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey joyce, I'm gonna check a few of my club sites, and see if there's anyone I know near you.. I'll let you know.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yesterday I did the belly hug. She was eating, breathing, swishing at bugs, swallowing. How the heck do you tell what is baby movement? I also sat and watched and watched and watched. I think all the movement I saw was just all normal stuff, like the stuff that I felt while hugging her. I decided to send pictures to the woman I bought her from. Her reply is this:

Joyce,
No doubt in my mind----she looks pregnant!

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling
Username: Grammafarm

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi grammafarm here

my mini is been bred 3 cycles
and is due on the last one june 1 08
i think

she is a broodmare and has a big barrel
so i think maybe shes hiding the foal

at least i hope she is

well anyways check out my url and underneath her pix is a thing that says view my pix

click on that

and theres an udder shot
i would appreciate some feedback if anyone looks

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=212693 044

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ooops
lets try this

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=2 12693044&albumId=0

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 497
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried them both, and clicked on view my pic, and nothing happened. I'd love to see her!

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, So far Bonny isnt back in heat!!!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome!! How long are you supposed to try for??

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Last week and this week, so about 3-4 more days.....

Whats your next plan of action with Cookie?

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm waiting for Kathy, the woman with the stallion to come over. I think I'll send her an e-mail. If she is questioning Cookie being pregnant, I will send her over to her house with the stallions and see if she comes in heat!

Bonny
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 119
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very good plan. Has her mare foaled yet?

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know, she hasn't contacted me yet.

I'm honestly still in shock, that there is a chance Cookie is in foal......

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grammafarm again

well
ill try another time

i hope this works this time

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID =1371563&imageID=17967822

you can see in her picture that she is swelling in front of her teats...

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

omg i did it!!!!!!

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 178
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't get them, can you open a photobucket account?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dee duh, it's going strait to myspace, and expecting us to login...it won't open automatically for that site

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok here i go again
i hope this works this time

... she was due on june 1

and maybe shes not even in foal

boo hoo
i dont know anymore................

but im still hoping

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/deeduh_album/hunny/

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG IT REALLY WORKS!!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 528
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dee duh, she doesn't look it to me...but that doesn't mean she isn't. The udder shot doesn't scream "baby's comin" either. Is she a maiden, have you seen movement? Would you be positive about your dates?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce???? Where are all the pics of cookies foal?! LOL

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GRRRRRR!!!!! LOL!!

I don't see any changes in her at all.

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lmao i swear i saw a foal kicking

i will load another pix that shows

she is swelling in front of her teats where the milk veins are

im abosloutely posative this is her last due date
how many days can a mare go over due?

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 180
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grammafarm, I can't tell if your mare is pregnant or not, I can't tell if my own mare is pregnant for gosh sakes!! But I have to comment on the "Marvel the Mustang" in the pasture with Hunny. Is that there to keep her company! LOL!!!

dee duh due anytime!!!
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

everyone is laffing at me now
they all think im nuts...
lol
but i still beleive shes pregnant

and heres the reason why

i know a horse can have a false pregnancy
and act all weired out becasue of homones

but would hormones make her walk like a monkey humping a football?

that and im sure i saw it kick

thats what im going on

and i think im going to look pretty dumb if theres no foal but oh well...

casue i tell ya she is walking kind of stilted in the back

like she swallowed a big watermelon

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US