SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

SO CONFUSED!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » SO CONFUSED! « Previous Next »

Leona Price
Neonate
Username: Tpminis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an 8 year old mini I bought last year from a vet(03/17/07). Just before takeing her off the trailer she told me she might be preggers, and even mentioned it in the contract. Ultrasound & blood test Showed nothing in April 07, but she has over the months gotten a whole lot bigger. Her sides stick out past her body, her belly is low, and clear to cloudy fluid in teets. I swear I see movement in her flanks and sides, and feel it in the area just before her bag, and that same area has now gotten bigger too. No baby yet! I know mini's are great for not showing, I have seen some on mare stare foal and look smaller than her. What is the longest a mini has been in foal? And how long should a false pregnancy last? And she has had nothing to do with any of my boy's the whole time we have owned her and no heat while we have owned her also.

Bonny
Weanling
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One mare on a web site I belong to had a mini go 401 confirmed days. Another gal has one that is on day 370 confirmed.
I would see if a vet can look at her. Does her bag look big?

Joyce
Breeding Stock
Username: Luv2ridesaddleseat

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leona, can you post pictures? We love pictures! From the side and from the back.

Leona Price
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 09:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=444779921427_82927437414&mode=froms ite&collid=49259437414.11290537414.1206582447489&conn_speed=1 not sure how to post photo's on here from a Kodak Gallary, but here is a link to a slide show. Don't know if it will work.

Bonny
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I just dont know!Her udders dont look bagged up. My mini looked so wide and lopsided I thought for sure she was at least 6 month, and nope she wasnt, now she may be about 40 days, I am trying to figure it out. But this is my mini when I thought she looked pg:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/4793ShyAnne/newtats026.jpg

Leona Price
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Bonny! What a cute one! I also recorded with my digi cam today, what I think is movement in her flanks, but I don't know how to get them here. I took one short video of each side. And every day, just as the sun has gone but it still light out, the activity in her flanks gets stronger. Going to work on trying to post a link for video's.

Bonny
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hehe, Thanks Leona, Now that she is shaved she doesnt look pregnant! But yes this is her:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x12/4793ShyAnne/Shyfrontleg028.jpg
I wish I could help you more, the movement,what does it feel like?
Do you have access to a Vet with a US? Maybe they could take a peek and see whats going on.Also by any chance she got with a stallion after you owned her?

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 116
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leona, Your little girl is adorable! Don't feel bad, My girl looks like this and supposedly ins't pregnant either. Welcome to my and Bonny's world of "is she or isn't she" LOL!!!

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSCN3570.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j221/joycesgrooming/DSCN3557.jpg[/IMG]

Leona Price
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh man joyce! I would think your little lady is preggers too..lol. I swear this is driving me nuts. Bonny to answer your question hun, nope. When Lou was brought out to me the only other mini I had at the time got gelded by the woman(vet) that brought lou to me. When I started questioning her about why(being a vet)she did not test lou before bringing her out, she got ticked, and threatened to come out and get lou. She then tride to tell me the only reason she said she might be preggers is beacuse her daughter had a dream she was. Exscuse me!...lol. You don't tell someone something like that and put it in writing, based on a dream. So we are thinking she got bred like a day or 2, before bringing her out.

Joyce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unreal, isn't it! LOL!! If she's not pregnant, can you imagine what she'd look like if she was pregnant???? It's quite a learing experience, thats for sure.

Bonny
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce I sent you pictures and a video on lil beginings.
Check out my thread here Leona for more pictures. I dont understand why minis are so difficult.
Weird enough alright!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US