SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

TENDER BELLY

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » TENDER BELLY « Previous Next »

phil mcgrowling
Weanling
Username: Liberty

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a 21 yr old quarter horse mare who is 7 months preg with her 4th foal. However this time she seems to be really tender around her belly and by her flanks, somedays she will try to kick u if u touch her. She has never done this with any of the other pregnancies and she has never been a kicking horse. The last baby she had was 8 yrs ago. So would this be normal or is there something wrong, shes never been this way before

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 549
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did she have any complications with her last preg.? if she all of a sudden got her prego belly it could be that the muscles are a little over stretched and tender and that a little time will ease it.

phil mcgrowling
Weanling
Username: Liberty

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Her last baby she had was 8 yrs ago, and she didnt really have any problems, the only thing was, that the foal was late so he was a little bigger than the others and the vet had to help out a little with the whole birthing process. She has always had a big belly even when she was not pregnant. Now she is 7 months preg. and i have been noticing this since she was about 5 months preg.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 561
Posted on Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry the only thing I can think of is that its the foals position or maybe she has some tissue trama left from her last foaling. Sometimes in ppl once a muscle has been tramatized (dificult birth) it doesnt stretch properly. also scar tissue doesn't stretch if she has any. I'm only giving you food for thought and repeating what my DR told me when I complained that this preg is more painful than my other 3.

judy cervantes
Nursing Foal
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi phil,i have a maiden mare that on some days acts the same way .its always when i go to touch her in the belly area or flank area,normaly on the right side she will pin her ears and sometimes lft her leg(she has never kicked)this started when she got preg.she is now 71/2 month.i think its is normal,my sister in-laws horse does the same thing.

Brietta Marie Carlson
Neonate
Username: Bmc_56762yahoocom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi I have a real sick mare she might have Colic we walked her a little bit and she has a lot of gas she is still gassy but the main reason i wanted to post this is she is due in Febuary and she is bagging again is she due? Also she can not walk on all 4 legs at at she almost collapsed she can barely support her own weight pleas some one let me know what you think she is very weak }

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 500
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you need to get a vet out ASAP!!!!! This is not something we can help you online. Colic is common in pregnant mares and she could die, please call a vet!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 573
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes plz get the vet and keep us posted on her condition. She will want to lay down if shes coliced if she does its very bad keep her up till the vet gets there

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 574
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ps yes she could foal anytime if shes due early feb

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 704
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brietta, how is your mare? Did you get the vet to come out for her? I'm praying she is alright. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Beth
Nursing Foal
Username: Beth13

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2008 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brietta, I have a mare who got colic about 10 weeks of from foaling and she lost the foal. It is very common for colic to induce early labour in pregnant mares.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US