SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Anyone familiar with the Jockey Club??

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Anyone familiar with the Jockey Club?? « Previous Next »

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal
Username: Tuper

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question about registration papers. I got my mare through a ex-racehorse rehoming program. She had papers initially, but they were lost by the rescue. (Long story, but there isn't much hope of getting the originals back.) I tried looking up the last owner that she was registered with, but the lady passed away within the last year. I got the form to send in to get duplicate papers, but am not sure about the documentation to send in. Is there any hope that I will be able to get my mare some papers? Does the Jockey Club offer a hardship or limited registration? I don't plan on breeding my mare within the Jockey Club, I only want her papers for the AQHA because I've bred her to a Quarter Horse. I have tried to get them in the past and gave up.....but am willling to give it another shot. It means a lot to me. Thanks in advance for any advice/tips!

Sharon Malmberg
Breeding Stock
Username: Ryu2832

Post Number: 201
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you called the JC? They are very helpful.

If she was raced, she should have a tatoo for identification, and if you have a bill of sale or reciept, then that should be enough.

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not called them recently. I e-mailed them at one point and tried to explain it and they basically told me I was out of luck. But I don't know if they understood the situation. She was raced, and I might even be able to get my hands on some finish photos to prove it was her. I'm even willing to get her DNA tested!

Thanks for the encouragement!

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What info do you have on her? Name, YOB, sire, dam?

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I called and they basically said I am out of luck because I never had the papers in my posession.

I know the name of the lady who has/had the papers, but she is the only one who would be able to apply for duplicates. I have not tried to find her phone number yet becuase she had initially adopted my horse (the rescue gave her the papes) but then she broke the contract and the rescue came and took the horse back against her wishes. So I highly doubt she would be willing to give the papers back or apply for duplicates for me.

So I dunno what to do next. I could always just say that I owned her and lost the papers.....but I don't want to straight out lie! The statement has to be notorized.

Cathy - The mare is Ambitious Nellie, foaled in 1996 out of Ambitious Dream by King of Storyland. (I hope I got the "out of" and "by" right!)

(Message edited by tuper on July 05, 2007)

Lisa R.
Yearling
Username: Lisa98

Post Number: 89
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know that it's awkward but I would try to contact the lady who has her papers. You didn't take the horse away from her and it's really not your fault that it happened so maybe she won't take it out on you. If you explain that you have bred her and just want to be able to register the baby she may be more than helpful. Of course, being the naive one I am, I always try to think that people are generally good and nice....right before they cuss me out. Good luck.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally would have lied to the jockey club and told them I lost them, but that is just me and I am a bit "off" with them since they make my life so difficult year in and year out. I too would contact the previous owner to see if she would help you after all you rescued her from those awful rescue people.

Lisa R.
Yearling
Username: Lisa98

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2007 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would have lied too, but I understand that some people just can't do that.

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought about just saying that I lost the papers! Haha! But the lady said that they actually do research to determine if that's the case. Like I would have to tell them I got her from the rescue in order to prove how I paid for the horse (bill of sale) and they would contact the rescue to see if I actually did get the papers from them. Which of course I didn't! I tried talking to the folks at the rescue several months ago, and they wouldn't help me either. They said that duplicates are hard to get in the most honest cases. I guess I am just out of luck on the papers, but at least I have a beautiful (GRADE) TB mare. Bitterweet, I suppose!

Marilyn Lemke
Nursing Foal
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it were me, I would definately call her and explain how much you need these registration papers. She may sympathis with your situation and go ahead and do it for you. If you don't ask, you'll never know. She doesn't have a problem with you, just the adoption place. Remember, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

If that doesn't work, how about offering her some $$$.

Do you think the woman might do it for money? If she had the mare taken from her, she may need the cash and would do it for you for money.

You could have her fill out the paperwork and give it to you to mail in. You give her half the money at that time and tell her when you get the registration, you will pay her the balance. If she doesn't trust you'll pay the balance, you might put a little contract together to prove your intent...

I don't know, just a thought. Good luck what ever you decide to do. I know how bummed you must be, but don't give up. No harm in asking her...

Take care, Marilyn

Sharon Malmberg
Breeding Stock
Username: Ryu2832

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you actually have to send her papers to the AQHA, or just prove she is a registered Thouroughbred?

Because she is not grade, she is registered with the Jockey club, you are just not the owner of record. I thought with a bill of sale you could get the ownership transferred. Once you become the owner of record, you should be able to get whatever documentation you need.

I didn't have to have Ruby's papers to transfer ownership.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 286
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think with the AQHQA you just need the number, if you call the jockey club get the right person and develop a good story they will give you the number. Or if she had ever had any foals you could call the farm the stud was at and they may have her number.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 287
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If your mare has a tattoo, there is your registration number....duh!

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do have her tattoo number, but I think the AQHA requires a photocopy of her JC papers. I will look into it.

I don't have the phone number of the lady who had her papers, just a name. I wasn't even supposed to have the name, but one of the folks at the rescue slipped and told me it in an e-mail. I have done a people search to try and find the phone number, but I'm not even sure what state she was in. My mare was originally in Ohio, adopted to this lady, but I got her in TN. I am not sure if they moved her to TN to get her away from this lady, or if the lady lived in TN and that was the closest facility run by the rescue.

*sigh* I am not giving up just yet! I really appreciate all of your suggestions and encouragement!!!

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 288
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have her name and the mare previously foaled call the farm who has that stallion and say you are desperately trying to track this woman down about her hore and was wondering if they could help you with her contact info. Or if she raced run her race record get the name and track of her last trainer and call them and ask for the info. In case you can't tell I am a royal pain, I am a never say die type person!

Marilyn Lemke
Nursing Foal
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great advice Cathy. I'm with you, never say die!

Kathy Simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't given up yet! I did a people search on the name and got 3 numbers in the state that I think she might live in. The mare has no produce record, so I can't go that route. The rescue will not give me the information on the lady (the name was a huge slip up on their part....I wasn't suppoed to get it), and the previous owner has passed.

Rock, meet hard place!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US