SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Help, I need advise on a "maybe" pregnant mare

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Help, I need advise on a "maybe" pregnant mare « Previous Next »

Lisa M
Nursing Foal
Username: Lisamm

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We bred my 18 yr old mare, which has a foal at her side with shipped semen(65% motility at insemination), everything went textbook with her except that on the 14 days post breeding check nothing showed up fetus wise. She had no fluid, gave her Lut to bring her back in to heat, bred her on a 41mm follicle and gave her HCG, she ovulated within 24 hours of inseminating, well we scanned her today and she had a bunch on Cysts which she has always had in the past breeding her. She has a BIG CL and a 36MM follicle with no edema..... he said there is a possibilty that she still could be bred and wants to check her again tomorrow, he said sometimes, some mares just don't show up on a 14 day scan, though he checked my other younger mare today at 14 days post breeding and it showed her pregnancy, have you guys ever experienced this?! Thanks is advance!!

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 238
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes 14 day pregnancies can be missed. That is why I prefere to have my mares checked at 16 days.
If it were me I would wait a couple days and have her checked again.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 255
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is very early to check. I tease until 20 days then if not coming in I ultrasound. Really saves the $$!

Lisa M
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay took her back today to get U/S and they still could not tell me either way, we have to go back yet again tomorrow (he is not riping me off promise, he is really good to us!) Anyways what he see's is now a 39mm follicle, the Big CL present and no edema on the follicle, so therefore not a breedable follicle as of right now (we bred her on a 41mm follicle on the 26th of May), especially with the CL present. Though he did find a floating spot, that may be the fetus. He said there are two outcomes of this, One... either the mare was in and out of heat in 14 days and built a CL (which he does not think she did, he said he only ever had 1 mare do that to him) or she is building a follicle to support the pregnancy... he said some mares it takes longer to find/or show up on the Ultrasound, it just depends on when the follicles actually attach and stop floating. So yet we have to wait another day.......

Lisa M
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We lost it, she was pregnant and due to embryonic death we will have to try again... I am so bummed

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lisa M,

Sorry, very disappointing for you. Hope that things go smoothly as you try again. Best of luck.

Shatsa_daisy
Neonate
Username: Shatsa_daisy

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
I brought a 4 year old mare at the end of march who was in very poor condition. She was pregnancy tested and it came up negative. However, ever since people have commented that she looked in foal. I have been hard feeding her twice every day so she should have no trace of a grass belly. She has put on a lot of weight but still not perfect. Many people have said they have seen and felt movement and there is no way for me to get her tested where I live. I have brought her to break in and I can not start with that until I am sure she is not pregnant. She was with a stallion briefly in September October last year and this would be her first foal. Here are some photo links
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/shatsa_daisy/
Thanks for any help,
Anna

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US