SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Still no fillies

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Still no fillies « Previous Next »

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Ev_watkins

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sadly, I still don't have my fillies to share photos of, the truck broke down just two hours in transit from Michigan so they are now residing in OH until the 13th of the month when they can catch a ride down here to KS. GRRR. On a bright note, their "babysitter" offered to buy the one from me so she must be pretty nice..I won't sell her till I've had the chance to see her and get to know her. So photos WILL be coming eventually. Ev

Emily West
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I am sorry. I am really looking forward to seeing their pictures!!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 356
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev,

I am so sorry that you did not receive your fillies yet :-( But.....how exciting that they are of such quality that someone wants to buy one on their way to you! Keep us posted!

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock
Username: Hannah

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OOh EVie, are these fillies you have bred yourself?

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah- no, they are out of a stud that I've bred my mare to in HOPES of getting a filly but thus far,I've gotten colts!! I opted to just buy a filly rather than breed again and end up with another colt. Actually, only one of the fillies is out of him, the other is out of a half brother to Hollywood Dunnit and a gray mare that belongs to a friend and since I liked the looks of the mare, I took a chance on her. I won't have too much invested in her so if all else fails I'll get her started riding this fall and sell her come spring. My intent is only to keep one of the pair, whichever I happen to like the most.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<sigh> 6 days to go..and they'll be here in the morning, so I have to either take off work for a bit.. OR wait till evening to see them.. I think the boss is going to have to manange without me for a couple hours and then put up with me smelling a bit odd when I come back!!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eve,

Many a time I have taken lunch/extra time and spent it at my horses and come back with hair and dirt on my cloths.I just keep some of that Bath and Body Spray to spritz before going into work. Very happy for you that they are on their way.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan- that's an idea, I can change shoes ( so I don't track horse you know what into this fancy office and then spray a little smelly stuff on my hair and clothes to cover the barn odor.. :-) They may shoot me for this one, but heck, they take off for golf all the time! :-)

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 135
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oooh you lucky thing Evie, i sooooo want a filly too (well first of all i want to make sure she is in foal) Fingers crossed

And yes new shoes, and some body spray - does the trick every time!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah- I'm so wound up about them arriving, I sure hope they are worth the wait. I think they will be.. I really only hope to keep the one, if I can sell the other and make a little $$ to offset the cost of the one that I keep, that's ALL the better. :-) I just have to not fall in love with them BOTH..lol. Day after tomorrow.. less than 48 hours longer to wait, short of some other THING getting in the way of us getting them! That would stink. Ev ( don't know if I posted but I've been waiting 3 years to get a filly out of the one stud.. that's a LONG wait ) At least by this one being a yearling, I've made up for some lost time. If she's pretty, and I'll bank on her being that.. her name will be "Bella"

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev...love the name Bella...like me you probably have had a filly name picked out for a long time! It is very girly:-) I love it. Can hardly wait for the report from you when the arrive. You too are an expectant "mom" waiting with great anticipation the only difference is that you know they are girls. I am down to the 6 week count down on my mare. Here is a picture of her at 8 months.http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/1frosty1/?action=view&current=IMG_3919.j pg

Do you think filly or colt?

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kris

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jAN o.. i SAY FILLY!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 366
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris,

Thanks! I hope so.....but will be happy with a healthy foal. Nail test said filly so we shall see. 6 weeks to go she is due July 23rd. Thanks again.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 182
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan- I think filly too, but we'll see. :-) Mine will be fillies for sure this time..LOL They will be here in the morning.. wish I knew for sure what time. Going to have to go get some medical tests done though, hope that doesn't interfere with things.. dangit. It could be Thursday before I have to go, that would be better.. :-) Pictures on Thursday girls!! I promise! Ev

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 369
Posted on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ev....I am so excited about your fillies! I hope all the small details work out for you so that "life" does not interfere with fun. Can't harldy wait for Thursday's pics!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THE FILLIES ARE COMING, THE FILLIES ARE COMING.. just waiting for a phone call to tell me they have arrived. Now I'm getting really anxious, I sure do hope that I'm not disappointed in them.. that would stink!!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 371
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YEA THE FILLIES ARE COMING>>>>>>:-)

Emily West
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 02:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea!!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THE FILLIES ARE HERE!!! safe and sound! The Listo filly is "awesome" according to my friend who has them. ( of course she's out of her stud..LOL, so what else would she be? ) I'm very anxious to see her, she describes her as almost a mahogany color, but with a very visable and wide dorsal stripe and leg stripes. She has red, black and white in her mane and tail. I may have to do some color testing on this one to see what she's made of, the other is a red dun, nice but no where near what the Listo filly is.. you can bet I'll break records getting into jeans and boots and on the road to pick them up after work..

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 137
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooooh you lucky thing Evie!! Get some piccies up soon

How quickly can you do the nail test? Doutful is off to stud in ....11 hours time...i am sooooooo nervous!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 372
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev,

Congrats on their safe arrival! It sounds like there is one in the running for favorite all ready! Safe travels as you pick them up. Waiting for pics.

Hannah,

I am doing the fertility dance for you! Fingers and Toes crossed!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah- good luck!

Jan- I'm hoping to post photos tomorrow of the new girls and our babies. (which have yet to be seen by ya'll) I'm delinquent in taking photos, I hope that Havoc isn't too messy, I need to clean his stall!! He's about to have his first photo shoot. :-) I'll get some pics of Rosie and Solomon if I can, Sol was nasty yesterday, so I may not bother if he's still filthy. (palominos don't look good if they are dirty) I'm off to claim my girls. Chat tomorrow! Ev

Emily West
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 215
Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How exciting!!! I'll be looking for those pictures tomorrow!!!!

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-( No baby, she is going back for a scan again on Sunday to double check. If not in foal then she will be covered agin next week Boo Hoo Hoo

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry Hannah :-(

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 139
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan, somehow it didnt come as much of a shock.

She had quite a few cysts so maybe it was hiding behind one of them and we couldnt see it! If not I shall give it another go next week

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah- maybe she's just waiting for this next round to decide to get pregnant?? Really, think about it, poor mares, one time and they are pregnant and then they get no attention all year long.. that cannot be to satisfying an arrangement. :-)

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GIRLS- here is the much awaited link to the photos of the new girls.. they are in their everyday clothes, so don't be too hard on them, I see a lot of potential here and they are as sweet as can be. Ev
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Watehen/100_0497.jpg

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Havoc- being himself, would not cooperate for photos this morning and I had to rush not to be late for work, here are what I have of him.. not great pictures, he takes after me and blinks with the flash! Ev
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Watehen/100_0500.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Watehen/100_0503.jpg

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 140
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oooh Evie you are a lucky lucky girl! They little ladies look adorable and Havoc is gorgeous!! What breed are the new arrivals (and do they have names yet?)

And dont worry about my girlie, she was competed and ridden regularly through the first 6 months of her pregnancy and then was spoilt rotten for the next 5! She has done everything and more for me, so if its not happening this time I can forgive her!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 376
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev...they are very nice.....The sure have a nice eye on them. I love the color of the light colored one. Havoc...what a doll....I love the butt shot. Nicely muscled! Thanks for sharing so happy they are here.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah- they are all QH blood. Havoc is built very nicely and the photos don't do him justice at all, he just is an imp and would not help me out by posing this morning like the girls did. :-)

I'm not certain on names for the girls yet. The small one they called Lilly, which I'm not overly fond of..(we had one named Lilly that was NOT nice) I'd thought to call the one I kept Bella but have not gone so far as to consider a name for the other, she's out of a Fritz Command horse so "Fritzi" is part of her name and probably what they called her, it's doubtful I'll hang that on her for her lifetime either..lol. SO.. to answer your question, Bella is probably going on to be the smaller one's name.. the big one.. I'm not sure yet.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan- Thanks, they both have a very nice eye, the larger one is LARGE, she looks big enough to ride NOW..lol. Her forelock is so thick she looks a bit goofy but when she's trimmed up I think she'll be VERY good looking. Bella needs some weight on her, I'm not as crazy about her color as the light one, but she's certainly unique. I think she took the darker shade of red from her sire but with the dun factor it faded her coat out to a not so pretty color. She's sort of the color of a pecan hull, but with dun factor, you can see her dorsal stripe in the photo if you look closely. I believe she'll be a color producer and that (along with the pedigree) was my goal. Just wait a couple of years..like Chaos, as a yearling she's not all that impressive, by two.. she will be in demand.. I'd bank on it. :-) Ev

Kassie Finley
Breeding Stock
Username: Jkqh

Post Number: 708
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev both the girls look very nice, gotta love that color. I would like to have a dun eventually. One of these days lol. The seem really nice. and good dispositions speak worlds of them. Can't wait to see more pictures of them after you get them.

Emily West
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 217
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are both gorgeous!!!! Havoc is beautiful too!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 202
Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kassie- I would have preffered yellow duns to red, but so long as they pass the dun traits to their babies eventually, I'll be satisfied with these I think. Both are very sweet, in fact, the big one is a bit TOO sweet. Her education will begin with learning to stay OFF of me. :-) Poor things hooves are in bad shape, JUMBO's are breaking off some but Midget ( Bella ) has elf feet almost. They have not been trimmed in a year. <sad> Their legs look GOOD though and with gradual changes we'll get their feet taken care of too. It will probably take a year to get those looking good by then, you will be amazed at how they've changed. Yearlings are just usually not so pretty, they are like children with their permanent teeth coming in..awkward and often gangly looking. Having seen such a change in Chaos from yearling to two year old, I hold very high hopes for what I can do with these two girls. Photos of Chaos will follow, he needs a brushing and some work before I can expect him to tollerate standing still for photos. :-) Ev
Emily- thanks, Havoc is just starting to bloom, I intend to have him show ready in 2 months time, he is about to begin creep feeding and short of an illness that sets him back, I expect good things for him at this futurity in August. August.. WHY do they do these things when it is SO blazing hot? Ev.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US