SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Good vibes needed - mare insemminated yesterday!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Good vibes needed - mare insemminated yesterday! « Previous Next »

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock
Username: Hannah

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Doubtful was insemminated yesterday with chilled semen from Mill Law www.milllaw.com

It looks like the vet who scanned her originally missed her season (not sure how!) so we took her back a few times in case she was due to come in, but after 3 scans she definately wasnt. She was injected with prostaglandin on Monday and went back on Tuesday, she already had quite large follicles before, but the scan on Tuesday showed a significant change (they had almost doubled in size) and also the uterus had changed to look like the spiders web.

Please can everyone send good luck vibes, for some reason i am worried it wont work this time as easily as it did before

She will be checked again today and i will hopefully pick her up on Friday - 14 day scan will be the 13th June

Hannah Mills
Breeding Stock
Username: Hkvmills

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Hannah! I dont want to put a downer on things but Chaff had the prostaglandin injection year b4 last wen she was away at stud, she was then covered, but didnt take! Apparently it reduces the odds of them conceiving! Got my fingers crossed for you tho! x

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooh no, this is whats making me worry

Prostaglandin, Chilled Semen....this bugger is costing me a lot of money and i cant afford to keep going back!!

Hope chaff, griff and your baby are all ok x

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just had a call from the vet, they insemminated her at around 5pm last night, and she has ovulated overnight which is good news

Bad news is that the fertility of the semen was only 40%, the dose size was around 1 billion.
He said it wasnt terrible, but could have been better

Anyone got any advice or info on that? Am really worried now....

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hannah,
My mare has only gotten pregnant after a prostaglandin shot. Remember it only takes one sperm to get the job done and the fact that they inseminated and she ovulated I think that is GREAT NEWS! Fingers crossed that the "swimmers" find their target. Keep us posted.

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan, i was soo naive the first time and also had was soo lucky at how straightforward it all was, the nerves are a million times worse this time round! Thank you for you support x

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 344
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it's hardest anticipation when you really really want it to work out. The deed is done so now we will all be here with fingers crossed waiting for the 13th....WOW do I remember that scan as you hold your breath looking for the pregnancy and please no follicle. We are here for you as you wait out the next 2 weeks.....

Sharon Malmberg
Breeding Stock
Username: Ryu2832

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They say you only need 10% motility in one billion--then like Jan said you need one determined one! Fingers crossed for you, we are checking mares monday the 4th to see if we can inseminate...I'm so nervous this year.

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2007 - 04:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all, she is back home now so fingers crossed and I will have to wait till the 14th to see if the magic has worked

Sharon - good luck on the 4th, i'll be thinking of you!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US