SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Pregnant mare showing signs of heat.

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Pregnant mare showing signs of heat. « Previous Next »

Kali Blacke
Neonate
Username: Dakarai

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a 13 year old al khamsa arabian who has had 3 really healthy foals in the past. she was alittle over weight this summer when we bred her (She is on a breeding lease) and it was later in the season. The stallion does not have any foals on the ground yet and this was to be his first purebred foal. She did test pregnant after we caught her in her cycle, but the next month we found she was showing signs of heat. She was not ultrasounded to check if she was still in foal, but i had read articles that mares sometimes do show signs of heat when they are pregnant. Is it possible that she could produce a foal this spring?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/kaliblacke/Feirouz/IMG_0129.jpg

(Message edited by dakarai on March 06, 2007)

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock
Username: Editorlady

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kali,
Go to Photobucket, set up an account, and upload your pix there. Then you can take the link and post it in your message.

Kali Blacke
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks lori. uploaded a picture of Feirouz. its old lol need some new ones this summer

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is possible for them to show signs of heat when pregnant. When was she bred?
She's very pretty.
I have a 20-year-old al khamsa gelding!

Kali Blacke
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She was bred last july. Late i know, but orignally we weren't planning on breeding her, but a fellow AK SE Asil breeder was looking for mares, and i agreed to put her in their program in exchange for breeding her back for me. We were aware there was a chance it might be to late but she did catch, but showed signs of heat in october but for only about a day. She didn't untrasound her, just figured she had aborted and we would try again in the spring, but i was just curious if they could show signs and still be pregnant. I've never had to deal with that before lol. Here is a picture of the stallion

http://ca.geocities.com/cnarab/Lancelot/Lancelot2006-1.jpg

Oh! i love arabs and am starting up a AK SE Asil program. I've had many different breeds, but i just love these horses.

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love them too! The mare I'm waiting on right now is Polish bred (Elsheikdlabiya x Starr Search) and bred to a Polish sire with Dreamazon in his bloodlines.

My Al Khamsa gelding is from the Sahanad line. He was gelded late--as a 7-year-old (and not by me); too bad cuz there are only a few bays left in that line and he was one of them.
Here'a a link to my foaling album; I put a picture of him in it too. He's actually the one horse hanging out with my mare right now.
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/editorlady/
Thanks--I love talking arabs!

Kali Blacke
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow they are both gorgeous!! Let me know when the little one arrives and keep in touch! i love finding new araby freinds!

this is my other boy. he was my Stallion prospect, but it didn't work out so we had him gelded. Such a wonderful boy though!

http://www.horseville.com/photos/main/092668.jpg

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, he's super adorable too.
I do love the stud you chose for Feirouz. He is gorgeous. (I'm partial to greys--I know a lot of people think that's weird.)
This is the stud I bred Hollywood to:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/editorlady/Mikey.jpg

Kelly Bowman
Yearling
Username: Kelly_b

Post Number: 56
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 01:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kali and Lori!
I am partial to arabs too and really enjoyed seeing your photos! Shiloh is a polish mare and my gelding is Egyptian with some crabbit. He has a full stallion brother that I wanted to breed Shiloh with, but the registry didn't have current information on his where-abouts. I searched for almost a year and found an address in Minnesota, but no answer! I ended up breeding to a Thorough bred lined appy. I know that I am going to make both breed associations mad, but I am breeding for a pleasure horse!
Here is Shiloh; she is of Bask lineage.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r283/KellyNmav/Shilohface.jpg
Here is Mavrick; He is of Fadjur lineage
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r283/KellyNmav/KellyandMav.jpg

Lori, greys are so beautiful and they have so many looks over the years! In my sport, many grey distance horses seem to dominate the fields!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 972
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well I just needed to add in here i to am an arab lover! I have a sanbara Tsali daughter/gamaar grandaughter and then her daughter who is crossed with misa(sp?), both egyptian bred. I crossed my arab with a foundation bred performance QH to get my 06 colt...I too was breeding for pleasure.
well I will be watching for these arab babies!!

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kelly--love your pix! Shiloh is very pretty and Mavrick is quite handsome.
The AHA DataSource is a great way to find info like you had been looking for; it's a fee-based service on their website, even for members, but at Scottsdale they have it up and running for free! That's how I found lots of info on my Al Khamsa gelding (and how someone else who follows that lineage found me!).
Anyway, I'm sure your baby will be very cool--arabs always add a lot of personality, looks, and athletic ability.
Kris--your mares sound beautiful too! I'd love to see a photo of your colt (or maybe I've already seen one!)--have you posted it on the foal pix thread? What's the colt's name?

Kelly Bowman
Yearling

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI Lori!
I use AHA Data Source more than I need to... It is so much fun to see who is related to who! I actually had Scottsdale give me the latest info on the stallion, but the address returned the mail. I also used "person finder" websites to find info on the owners, but none of the phone numbers worked... I was sooo frustrated!

A great thing about the Data Source was being able to track down Shiloh's registry papers! I rescued her a couple of years ago from deplorable conditions. She was in a pasture with a bunch of mustangs and I traded an old washrack for her. It took me 3 months to find out where she came from and all I got was a name of a previous owner. Data Source came into play next and I found that owner and they had no idea the folks they sold her to treated her like that! They confirmed the identity horse and I obtained the papers! She was a diamond in the ruff; 2 hundred pounds underweight and no hair on the front of her body!

How can anyone neglect sweet horses?!

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, cool! Isn't it wonderful, though, to find such a diamond in the rough? She is lucky you did!
I'd love to talk arabs with you any time colemanlpg@msn.com

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 979
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 06:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is my quarab colt, his name is (Jericho Tson) when he was about 2 months old (early june 06), [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/100_7952-1.jpg[/IMG]
and early july 06 [IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/wildjericho.jpg[/IMG]
he will be 1 on april 16th, here is a pic from a couple weeks ago.[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/100_1579.jpg[/IMG]
I cannot wait till spring to shed him out and see what color he will be...get rid of the woolies!!!!
heres the most the most recent pic of mom (Tsaharah) that i have on my photobucket page to post, it is not a very good one, her ears are cut off in the photo. She is 17 years old in the pic, I have had her since she was 1, i paid $100.00 for her then! and she is a treasure now!!! I dont think i trade her for anything! she is the horse i put new riders on and know she will take care of them!
I have had a few other arabs as well, one was a gamaar /bask bred and the other was sadot/ raffles bred. (again egyptian)and then Tsaharah also had a foal from a son of Morafic, the stallions name was Maiz, this was his only foal, her name was Tsamaizah.

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is sooooo cute! What color do you think he'll be? I can't wait to see either. I haven't looked at your whole album yet to see Tsaharah but I will.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 981
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori!
thanks! I think he is adorable too. I posted pictures that I just took this am of him.
He is (or supposed to be)a buckskin, but a sooty buttermilk this winer. last summer he was the perfect bronze! I am thinking he will be this summer too, I looked at his new hair around his nose and mouth where he is shedding, and he looks to be the same as he was last summer.
His new pics (which are acute i must say) are listed on the foal pics to brag thread.
The one on there with another horse is his 1/2 sister (same qh dad)...youll see the same color, but she is a dun, and she stays light all year.

Kelly Bowman
Yearling

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Lori, Thanks for the email address We'll definately talk about Arabs!!!

Kris, Jericho has such a refine face with the powerful muscles on his back side! I love his color and I am sure he will return to his beautiful bronze color after he sheds out! He is awefully cute all wooly though!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 983
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kelly, thanks! yeah he is defineately a hair ball! starting to really shed fast now though! I wear enough to be a horse!

Kali Blacke
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi! long time no talk but i wanted to let everyone know that Feirouz was confirmed in foal for july! its so exciting!!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US