SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Pregnant mares and chiropractors

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 2 » Pregnant mares and chiropractors « Previous Next »

Aimee Sutherland
Neonate
Username: Aimee_s

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a question for everyone.

My mare is 6 months pregnant and I was thinking of having the chiropractor out to check her out and see how things are structurally and to check out a leg/shoulder issue she is having (for some reason she just loves to have her left front leg stretched out, she won't let me pick her hoof until I have stretched out her leg, she practically shoves it forward and up as soon as I touch it to pick it up). She has been worked on by a chiropractor in the past, but never when she was pregnant. Does anyone know if there is any concern about having adjustments done while she is pregnant. I don't want to mess up her structure while she is pregnant, but then I don't want to leave her if she is out in her shoulder somewhere and have her bearing extra weight on an already "off" shoulder (she doesn't appear lame, just likes it stretched).

So any thoughts on chiropractors working on pregnant mares??

Thanks!!

Megan A Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Fabmeg

Post Number: 200
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is your chiropractor a DVM, or just a Chiropractor? I know that the rules on that vary a lot by state. If the Chiropractor is also a vet, they would probably be the best one to ask.

Aimee Sutherland
Neonate
Username: Aimee_s

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no the chiropractor is not a DVM. He was originally a human chiropractor and then went and took some courses, etc and became an equine chiropractor. I haven't used him myself, but some friends of mine have and were really impressed with him and his ability to fix up a couple of horses that had been worked on before by someone else but were still lame. The vets in my area don't do chiro work, there is one that is an hour away but I don't want to haul my preggo mare to her because I don't want to put any un-necessary stress on her.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Jenni Luttrell
Yearling
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Linda Tellington and her T Touch program. I see no problems with stretching and massaging her. I wouldnt go popping or cracking anthing till after baby. The more limber a horse is the easier they get around and their balance is better to.

Pamela Sutherland
Weanling
Username: Lolly

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 02:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OHHHHH, I bought THE ULTIMATE HORSE BEHAVIOR and TRAINING BOOK by LINDA TELLINGTON-JONES with Bobbie Liebermann, with a foreward by John Lyons. A lot of very good information in it, and am looking forward to reading it and absorbing as much as I can. Different TTouches throughout the book. Everyone needs this one! Just got it on Thursday evening, and have had approx. 30 minutes opportunity to skim. Oh, where can a person find more time in a day?

Jenni Luttrell
Yearling

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 02:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pamela- Linda also has one about deciphering your horses personality and T touch its great. You can get it off her web site.

Pamela Sutherland
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni...
Thanks for the info...will go shopping after I get off the board...

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pamela - Your welcome I hope you enjoy it I did.

Pamela Sutherland
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 02:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni...
You still there?

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pamela - Were you able to get it?

Pamela Sutherland
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni,
I don't have any money left on my one credit card...will have to wait till next month, it is #1 on my list.
Thanks again.
Pam

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hate that dont you!!!! My credit card is all messed up to or I would have replaced my book already. I loaned it out and it never returned. I found it on her website for $15.00 so as soon as my card is working again im going to order it as well.

noahsark
Yearling
Username: Noahsark

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is probaly late to your queation...I live in Oregon and two very good chiropracters both wouldnt touch her in foal...

Dorthy Brown
Yearling
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took my mare to a chiropractor while in foal...just make sure the chiropractor knows she is in foal. I live in Michigan.
My mare felt so much better afterward

Emma Newby
Weanling
Username: Emsxx

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most times human chiropractors won't treat humans until the 2nd trimester and then it can be of huge benefit through pregnancy and beyond. I can't see why that would be different in horses and plan on getting my equine chiropractor to keep up the regular wellness checks on my mare throughout and beyond pregnancy (assuming she catches - being covered tomorrow - fingers crossed!!)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US