SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Immunall

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » Immunall « Previous Next »

Veronique Dumas
Neonate
Username: Formosus

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone heard of this before:
Immunall www.immunall.com/equine/equine.html
Any reason it should work?
Looks like a miracle drug that fixes many things.
Anyone used/using it?
Any research done on its effectiveness?

kristen roberson
Neonate
Username: Tenis4kr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It does amazingly my 20 year old maiden mare got pregnant and stayed pregnant on the stuff! Here is the web address for it! http://www.immunall.us

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 219
Posted on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did you all give it? How long before you bred your mare? Do you keep giving it after she concieves?

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no peer-reviewed published scientific research provided on that page you give, which seems a little strange for a product site making claims such as this. Can you provide us with some links to peer-reviewed published research Kirsten? I am not aware of any, although I have come across the product before, and am always a little uncomfortable if there doesn't appear to be any supporting research before believing great claims! :-)

We've bred a lot of 20 year-old mares that get and stay pregnant without the use of it!! :-)

It would also be advisable to add the disclaimer, although she didn't do it, that Immunall is available through Kirsten.

kristen roberson
Neonate

Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is some more information http://www.immunall.us/livestock/index.html If you would like more information that is not on the web I would be more than happy to oblidge but it was all done in netherland through the university there! Thanks so much and about the 20 year old mare the thing is she was barren for three years before that!

kristen roberson
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/archive/index.php/t-74681.html

Here is some more information well people who have tried it anyway!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1281
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the links, but I guess perhaps I wasn't quite clear about what I was looking for... :-)

"Peer-reviewed published research" is research that has been put into a printed format and then reviewed by independent referees associated with specific scientific publications, and approved (or not, or amended) prior to publication in those scientific journals. As the review process is independent, it ensures no bias in the research results.

The two journals that would be most beneficial if you can provide the results from them (if there are any) are the Theriogenology Journal and the Journal of Animal Reproduction Science.

Anecdotal "evidence" from persons that have used it may be of interest, but unfortunately it is often less than reliable - we only have to look at the fiasco associated with the use of the West Nile Virus vaccine and the so-called "lost foals" group to see the unreliability of anecdotal evidence!

Thanks!

Glenn Farris
Neonate
Username: Gr1965

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the information. Immunall sure seems to be a great option for horse owners that are having pregnancy issues.

After doing a little research it also appears to be very affective with other general health issues such as;

Improve and maintain general condition.
Boost the immune system.
Reduce lactic acid.
Increase recovery time.
Improve fertility.
Increased motility in stallions increasing the odds of pregnancy on the first insemination.
Increases oxygen levels in blood by cleaning out blood stream.
Balance internal organ systems for an optimal response to stress and inflammation.

These appear to be just some of the benefits of Immunall, looks very interesting.

Thanks again for the links.

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please post the source of your "research". As I note above, there is not as far as I am aware any peer-reviewed journal-published research on the product supporting the observations you make.

Thanks.

kristen roberson
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately unless we can all speak Dutch it is not translated in English but will do my best to see if we can get the research translated and put on the internet as the published research is in print only. I am assuming that as of right now this person can either speak dutch or just use the product themselves. Anyway I am in the process of trying to get the research translated! What you can however find already published in english is information about all of the ingredients in the product and their individual effects on the horse

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US