I AI'ed my arab mare (21 yrs) twice last year with the whole meal deal (flushing, uterine lavage and infusion, Timentin,Carbetocin/Depotocin Dexamethasone, caslick,ect ect). The lat time she was AI was on May 19 and then ultrasound at 16 days and 20 days post AI which the vet couldn't decide if cyst or not and wanted to see if it got bigger.I was told she was not in foal both times. I noticed my mare much fatter than normal, eating none stop, lying down more often, even lying down to eat, udders filling up, waxing up one day and not the next and her whole under belly is edema not to mention oddly calm. I though I saw foal movement and convinced myself to call the vet to check her out as she has been caslicked. I was told first by the vet's Secretary that he wouldn't do and ultrasound only palpated her as the foal would be to big to see. So the vet came out and looked at her and decided to do an ultrasound (very shocked but did it anyways) He confirmed her to be not in foal and continuous to count her cysts. I still feel that she is in foal.I know my mare and have one foal two years ago from her, she is showing all the same signs. Is it possible for a vet to miss on and ultrasound at 10 months? or am I just crazy? I can't find anything about a ultrasound that late in a pregnancy. Please help
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.Proud to be sponsored and supported by: