SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

373 Days, Nothing!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » 373 Days, Nothing! « Previous Next »

Joyce Ensley
Neonate
Username: Goda_15

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any signs a mare MUST show before foaling, because I know any mare can show with a small bag, stiff rump and alert, if there is any help out there it would be greatly appreciated.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3540
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce, do you have pics of your girl somewhere on here? I'd like to see her.

Joyce Ensley
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I put some pics up on my other site (Help!!!!!!). In foalwatch 2010

Joyce Ensley
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

395 days and her milk is getting thicker. I even got a little bit of colostrum!

Joyce Ensley
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

400 days, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3011
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you had this mare checked lately to confirm she is still in foal?

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3617
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just wondering the same thing!

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock
Username: Pammysue

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news???

Joyce Ensley
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had her checked by my canine vet, and she said no. But then I had her checked by two experienced old cowboy/horsebreeders, and they said definitly yes. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3015
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you say "checked", by what means was she checked (i.e. ultrasound, rectal palpation, just looked at externally)?

Rectal palpation or ultrasound by someone experienced in the techniques is going to be the only reliable method.

Joyce Ensley
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 01:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was only a visual examination. She was also checked by rectal palpation at day 93, by the same vet.

hedgerow farm
Breeding Stock
Username: Lotsofponies

Post Number: 106
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't loose any sleep waiting for this baby unless Mommy is an elephant, then you have another 10-11 months.

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 364
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joyce a "visual exam" is not an exam and is worth what you paid for them.
I'm sorry but I would have to say your mare is probably not pregnant. If you want to know for sure get her to an equine vet to be checked by one of the methods Jos posted.

Joyce Ensley
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, Thanks. More time in the saddle I guess!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US