SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Twins at day 66

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » Twins at day 66 « Previous Next »

Tina
Neonate
Username: Hotti

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a mare pregnant with twins..we thought we were succesful in pinching one at day 22.. however due to signs of pain for 1hr only we ultrasounded her again in fear that she wa loosing her other pregnancy. She was 66 days pregnant with twins still..AMAZING...so anyhow..both are the same size and have a heart beat.although..the one we thought we had pinched, looks ODD..not formed well!! I want to know if we should abort both..or hope that the funny one will die..with obvious damage done when we tried to pinch it??

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2642
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can't really give you a definitive answer on survival likelihood of the "odd" twin. Your vet, having actually been able to evaluate it, would be the best to do that.

There are other techniques that you might want to try before aborting both pregnancies, such as intra-cardiac injection (where one of the fetuses is injected with potassium chloride or procaine penicillin to cause death of that fetus only); or cranio-cervical dislocation (where the head is dislocated from the top of the spinal column, causing death). Either technique has reasonable success rates, but require a vet that is a little more advanced in reproductive techniques, so you may want to go to a veterinary teaching university. The advantage is that in most cases the remaining twin survives.

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i would like to know more about the cranio-cervical dislocation Jos..please tell me all you know??? we are now on a limited budget due to the constant monitoring of this mare...so injecting a twin isnt realy an option. Thankyou very much :-)

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2643
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The cranio-cervical dislocation is almost as technical as the intra-cardiac injection. One of the fetuses is identified per rectum using ultrasound, and the palpator (ultrasonographer) then stabilizes the fetus between their fingers with the head extended beyond the thumb and forefinger and the front legs (ideally) between the forefinger and middle finger, and then the thumb is run up the crest of the neck until the base of the skull is identified, at which time pressure is applied to dislocate the cranial/cervical connection. As this is all done trans-rectally, it does require a veterinarian with good experience in that department as well as more advanced technical knowledge of the protocol.

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A twin birth isn;t necessariy a death sentence for mama or babies. Try and be positive....teh mare may abort one on her own...it's early yet.

Good luck!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2644
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fewer than 1% of twin pregnancies result in the production of a single live foal... that's less than 1 in a hundred... This is not a good average...

Don't be positive. Plan for the worst and hope for the best, yes, but be aware that the chances are that it's not going to end well.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I'd sooner present the pessimistic reality than be optimistic and have it all end in a major disappointment for you.

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have loaded my brain with the facts and figures..spent countless hours researching this topic. I did have a few days there were i thought "let nature take its course" but then found a study done with 100 mares allowed to continue twin prgnancies and to be honest its borderline cruel for the mare to have to undergo such a journey for what most likely will end in DISASTER. Such a shame nature works this way.. yes there is a chance it will sort itself out but can i risk my beautiful mare wich ive had for her 14yrs of life...plus financially this could ruin me and id rather be spending my money on foal halters and photo development of cute snaps rather than life saving treatment for the mare or orphan foal. Thankyou Jos, i will discuss this with my vet tommoro when we do our scan and see if she feels confident in performing it or not:-)

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 09:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ANYONE HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL...WOULDNT IT MAKE LIFE SIMPLE???

Ann
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 116
Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While Jos is right, less then 1% of all equine twins survive, there have also been some success rates as well. (See Rural Heritage Spring 2009 issues for a sucess story.) To be sure the stats are grim however, I prefer to have an optimistic outlook on things as, what does the doom and gloom outlook get you? Why panic when at this point, you know what you can do financially and, now it seems like a waiting game to see what course nature will take. If you have to allow the pregnancy to prgress as is, why get bent and think that the foals and your mare will die? Does that serve a productive purpose?

There is a 70% chance, with twin pregnancies that the mare will have a late gestational abortion. There is also a 20% chance that both twins will survive. Admittedly not great odds, but better then 1%......

Certainly you plan for the worst and hope for the best. But you have to be realistic (and this is my issue with many vets and "medical folks") and understand that today, especially in this economy, there is only so much that folks can do financially. If someone cannot afford to go for the expensive treatment options, then one MUST have an optimistic outlook and try and find other viable and affordable options. I find it to be of little value for someone to use stats to scare a person into a treatment plan that they can ill afford when in truth and in fact, there are other avenues to pursue. (I am not impling that Jos is trying to do that and am not referring to Jos, just making a general statement that I find to be true in both human and animal medicine.)

The facts here are that you mare is pregnant with twins. You have a finacial situation whereby you may not be able to afford treatment at this point or perhaps your vet may feel, when you speak, uncomfortable with the procedures suggested here. You don't want your mare to suffer nor do you want the trauma and expense frankly of dealing with foals that may have issues. This is understandable on many levels. There is still a chance that natue may intervene and the mare may have the late term abortion. There is also a chance that the mare will successfully deliever the twins and that both will be fine. My point? Do what you can....and don't feel guilty about what that is. What would anyof us do in your shoes? We would dothe best that we can...and that is what you will do.

Also remember that statistics are just that.....we plan, God laughs.....I just prefer to laugh along with him then to cry.

Whatever you decide, do what is best for YOU and your mare. Best of luck!

Ann
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and let me add one more thing to hopefully help you feel better about pursuing treatment options....we had a gelding who was diagnosed with a very wicked cancer in his eye.

We chose a VERY conservative treatment plan for him based upon our financail abilities at that time. Our vet sent us a boatload of case studies that predicted doom and gloom and that he would be dead in 6 months. And the stats basicaly backed her up...they were awful....ZERO chance of survival and DEAD within 18 months. (1% would have sounded great to me then!!!) No glimmer of hope, no ray of sunshine. Guess what? That darn gelding never got the memo that he was sick and dying... 21/2 years later he is alive and doing well. The cancer has not returned and he is a "miracle" child. Not really. He just beat all the odds. (You can read his full story in the October issue of Equus Case Study.) We, like you did not want this wonderful horse to suffer however, we were realistic about what we could afford and what we were prepared to do. I expected him to die...told my husband to dig his grave in fact. My husband didn't believe he would die and refused. Again, we plan, God laughs. (And I was happy to be laughing right along with him.) I know how you feel Tina because I felt that way about the gelding...looking at him everyday...looking for a sign...anything. I am sure that you are doing that with your mare too. Just trust your instincts...it will work out exactly as it is supposed to.

My point is that there is always one case that defies the odds...one case that vets just don't get. One animal that says "not me, not today".

Stats can be wrong or right...good things can happen even when doom is predicted....again, all you can do is the best that you can do. Let us know what your vet says and, again, I have nothing to offer you except best wishes and thoughts as you do what you need to do to get your mare safely through this pregnancy. (And might I suggest that if the twins are born and are healthy...that you name them Jos and Ann??? )

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hehehehe...good idea!!! I have a feeling that my vet has had enough of this... I rang them last night and they said..."real busy at this time..i need to get my head around this"!!!! I rang another vet and they siad she needs to get 1 injected..something i cant afford. And im feeling very down now. I am thinking now that all i can do at this point is save my $$ and prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If i let her go as far as shes able..do i feed her extra when her paddock dies of for summer and maintain the best possible condition? HELP...HEARTS IN MY SHOES!!

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can i just add...that it would be nice to have a healthy foal at the end of all this...but that is not my wish..i just want to come out of this with a mare thats healthy. VERY VERY VERY TUFF.

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 869
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not abort both foals? That's what I would do, and start again next Spring. Your risking your mare's life allowing this pregnancy to continue, and will very likely not end up with a foal. There's so much risk in breeding, when you decide to do it, you should really make sure that you are financially able. For example, one of my foals born this year has cost me $10000 and counting, due to a fairly serious health problem. It can turn around very fast, and the results are devastating both emotionally and financially.

How sure are you that she is pregnant with twins? Are you 100% sure you weren't seeing the same fetus just in a different view? I'd definately haul her a Veterinary teaching hospital for a second opinion.

Jos, how easy would it be to terminate both pregnancies at this stage?

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeh thanks..ive already spent close to $2000 in scanning fees and vets fees, not to mention travel costs and time!!

to terminate at this stage isnt difficult.
..i dont have the BIG TIME VETS close by..its frustrating...to get to a university would cost a fortune... lets be realistic..the outcome isnt great and its a gamble to spend $$$$$$$.

Tina
Neonate

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thursday is D day...if she has two healthy foals then we abort. if 1 looks compromised..then we leave it for another week or so and recheck. FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED...!!!!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2646
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Multiple treatments of prostaglandin at this stage are relatively effective at pregnancy reduction, although a single treatment is not as likely to be so.

The other aspect to consider is that there is a reduced percentage of pregnancy in the breeding season following production of live or dead twins, so it's not only the year that it happens that has the potential to be a financial loss year, but also the next year.

Ann
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that if one twin is compromised, there is still that 70% chance of a late term abortion of one or both.

And yes Jos is right, mares that actually have twins have been reported to have a harder time settling the next year. (There are also many other factors that Jos did not mention that have been cited as possible outcomes to a twin birth.)There are no stats on that and it is not conclusive but it *could* happen. It could also not happen...again every mare and every situation is different. I think the focus right now is to get through THIS pregnancy in the safest, best and most economical way possible and then deal with next year. Since you have already said that your mare's health is more important than a foal, if you skip next year, or even give it a try and she misses, something tells me that you will be ok with that....and if she catches....you'll be thrilled (as long as it isn't twins again!)

Continue to do what is best for you financially....it is easy to arm chair quarterback when it is not your horse or your checkbook. Again, this will work out the way it is intended to. Nature has a funny way of dealing with things...and you shouldn't lose your house or you retirement account seeking expensive treatments....do what you can afford to do and what you feel comfortable doing.

All that said, breeding horse is not easy and folks rarely get rich doing it. I agree that one should be prepared to take care of issues that arise during breeding, pregnancy, birth and the start of a young foals life however, to be realistic, not too many people are able to have tens of thousands of dollars lying around in an account "just in case", especially in todays tough times. In a perfect world we would all be able to have a nest egg put away but since the vast majority of us do this crazy thing because we love the sport, the breed, our horses, we ususally don't and we just hope that all will go well. We do have to all have in our own minds a plan...what if something goes wrong? How much am I prepared to spend? Where will I get the funds I need? Can I afford to truck (and pay hospital board) to a university or clinic that is advanced? Each and every person has to answer these questions themselves.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thankyou Jos and Ann..xxxxx :-)

sally cory
Nursing Foal
Username: Sally_c

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My thoughts are with you Tina, it can't be easy making the choices you have got to make. I hope every thing works out for the best whatever you choose to do.

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks sally.
Well my mare looks lovely..she is shiney and black..rather rounded (due to the green feed we have) and i detect a smile on her beautiful kind gentle face!! She is such a large framed horse you wonder if she could dfy odds and prove us wrong...but anyhow..TOMORO IS THE DECIDING DAY..we will have a very close look at both babies and make a decision! lets hope that by tomoro arvo we have a better outlook on the situation...knowing my luck, we wont be able to see them at this stage (70 days).

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 06:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how do you put photos on here??

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you need to open a photo bucket account and upload the photos there then paste the link onto your post.
keep us updated on your mare, i will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock
Username: Starr

Post Number: 143
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Tina, I have been watching this thred and patiently waiting for good news.I am soo sorry to hear about your mare and I hope all goes well tomorrow. Good luck and Praying for you that everything goes well.

Linda Bauer --
Breeding Stock
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 301
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too have been watching this thread and sending good thoughts your way that everything works out for you and your mare. My horses are also very important to me and I have had to make some hard decisions in the past. Hope you don't have to make that choice and mother nature comes thru for you.

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH MY GOD EVERYONE...SHE HAS ABSORBED THE "ODD" FOAL...YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
I was sooooo thrilled i think i cried all the way home (happy tears)...things like this make you realise just how important our equine friends are to us (especially this one). I rescued her from a stud that was going to "do away with her" because she was to small for racing..she was tiny but grew into a beautiful big black shiney riding mare. She has done everything form jumping to dressage, polocross to teaching kids to ride..I LOVE HER SOOOOO MUCH. Today has prooved to me that good things happen. I am so happy that she can now go on and be a mummy again..something she is great at, infact she even mothers everyone elses to!!!!!!
THIS IS AWSOME...ill keep you all posted on her progress and lets hope it continues this way!!

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh...oops...the other foal is doing GREAT..lets hope its a black filly!!! but we shouldnt be greedy!!!! heheheheheh THANKS EVERYONE XXXXXXX

sally cory
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 06:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Tina thats brilliant news,I'm really glad you didn't have to make a hard decision. I know what you mean about how important our equine friends are. I also have a black mare in foal and praying for a black filly, that would be the icing on the cake.
Congrats aain.

Ann
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tina, that is great news. I suspected (as you could tell from my posts) that she would abort or absord. Nature woks in ways which, for all our good science, we sometimes just don't understand! I am so glad that this worked out in the way in which it should. Give her anoter hug for me and...let me peer ino my crystal ball (as if) and see what color she will have!

Best,

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock
Username: Starr

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats the best news Ive herd all week. Congrats.Tina. What a sigh of relief. I am so happy for you and your mare. Good luck. Cant wait to see a four legged black filly().

Diane Loveday
Breeding Stock
Username: Dianeluv

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fabulous news, so happy for you both!!

Linda Bauer --
Breeding Stock
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 302
Posted on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantastic News....

Tina
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

black QH stallion...and shes black, not true black but black!!!!..shes had 1filly..3 colts..so its gotta be black filly???

Christi Christofferson
Breeding Stock
Username: Cchristofferson

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How is she doing Tina? Has she kept the remaining foal? My prayers are with you!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep all looks great so far..shes looking a million bucks!!! BIG WIDE FAT SHINEY.. and very affectionate.

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

due 1st week of august...they are all due within a day of each other....THE 3 OF THEM ALL MATED 1 AFTER THE OTHER.... lets hope they are respectful of my sleep!!!!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 2649
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 05:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please remember that there is no such thing as a "due date" in the equine! Read that article, look at the reported statistics at the foot of the article (click on the "View Article and Results Without Entering Data" link), and digest! :-)

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeh thanks Jos! There is a word in the english dictionary for what i meant...but it wasnt meant literally..maybe sarcasm..noooo....dunno..but i certaily wont expect them all then i assure you!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

still looks fabulous..getting lovely rounded sides now..eating like a ...horse!!!!

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well we have made it to the 6th month and she looks a little large..larger than the others but she has had more foals. I cant help but be overly observant of this mare..she appears to be move slower than the others but still has healthy appetite (as i said im overly observant). She looks like a glitter ball in the sun (blooming healthy).

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok we have 4 weeks to go. She is looking HUGE...I can see the foal stretching and kicking on a daily basis, She has just gone of her feed a little but still looks bright and healthy. Moves very slowly.
All the mares are doing great and she has teamed up with one of them and they spend all their time together away from the other mares, I will paddock them together to foal thismorning.

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 05:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok so we have a HUGE black colt born very healthy and is exactly half his mothers height!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3560
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CONGRATULATIONS TINA!! This is great! Can you post pics??

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2741
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations! would love to see pics!

sara Zwerk
Neonate
Username: Sznanners

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Tina!! So happy you got a healthy colt!

Molly M.
Breeding Stock
Username: Molly

Post Number: 163
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is phenominal after all your worry last year. Congratulations! I wish it would work out that well for everybody.

Molly

hedgerow farm
Yearling
Username: Lotsofponies

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I reread the thread from the beginning, what a roller coaster ride. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok so im trying to upload some pics of the "Jurasic" colt..lol

Tina
Weanling

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/tjm351/Pic_0815_305.jpg

Tina
Yearling

Post Number: 52
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/tjm351/Pic_0902_433.jpg

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/tjm351/Pic_0902_437.jpg

Tina
Yearling

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Photo 305 is him at about 12hrs old
Photo 433 was him at 2 weeks old
Photo 437 is him with his older sister at 2 weeks old and his sister is 3 weeks old.

I would be 5'9 tall and his rump comes up to just under my breast!
Some days he looks like he will go black and other days he looks like a dark bay!!
"Radical Blue Son" AQHA reg pending

Tina
Yearling

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT FOLLOWED OUR JOURNEY

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3626
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG HE'S ENORMOUS!!!!
Gonmna go back to see if you mention his breeding
JEEZ!!
oh, and congrats!!!!!!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US