SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Hi, Im new but , need advice .....Mini Mare 402 days gestation..

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » Hi, Im new but , need advice .....Mini Mare 402 days gestation.. « Previous Next »

Michele Holley
Neonate
Username: Ponderosa_miniatures

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a mini mare that is 402 gestation, I have 2 vets,Im using at this point, my regular one and one from his, practice and they have been in touch with a few at UC Davis, first Im new hello.:-) OK, she is 7 registered AMHA, I breed mini's this is the first time I have come across this issue, I bought her June 15th 2008, ultra sound in Aug 2008, yes preggers, ran into issues with Fescue hay, delay in letting milk down, she is now on Dom. Has been for 3 tubes now, we are now dripping milk and have been for 7 days, I know a part of this is due to , the Dom. Im just getting worried, does not seem that baby is getting to big, I have a ton of pictures through out pregnancy, I will post a few...

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/mrsmalibubarbie/DSC01742.jpg[/IMG]
this was 2 days ago

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/mrsmalibubarbie/DSC01746.jpg[/IMG]
also 2 days ago

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/mrsmalibubarbie/DSC01665.jpg[/IMG]
this was 2 weeks ago

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/mrsmalibubarbie/DSC01634.jpg[/IMG]
this was june 18th , you can see we are making progress

[IMG]http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/mrsmalibubarbie/DSC00543.jpg[/IMG]

Any ideas , is she really with foal, phantom, she has been palpitated, but foal was laying to low to feel at the time , she has a small pelvis, and vet didnt want to push any harder ,,,she is changing but there is no possible way , she got covered here, I had no stallions at the time. Am I missing something...
Thanks in advance, I just have never had a mini go this long, having problems with the last picture posting,

(Message edited by ponderosa_miniatures on July 23, 2009)

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2485
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi michelle, I too am a mini breeder, but i have never had or seen a mini go that long. My longest one was 350 days. I just can't imagine what you're going thru. My vet has a hard time as well, accessing the mare to ultrasound and palpate. But we recently learned that if you shave the hair from their flank areas, you can get a good idea of what is going on with an ultrasound. (the abdominal type)... Just a thought, maybe it'll help your vets help you. Is there a possibility that she came unbred, and rebred later at your place? Do you have stallions there now? I honestly have no idea how a mini could go this long....most of mine go at 315 to 330.

(Message edited by kdgilger on July 23, 2009)

Michele Holley
Neonate
Username: Ponderosa_miniatures

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, we have tried to shave, he said maybe, when he comes back out, we will try again now that she is bigger..No she could not have gotten covered here, it is impossible unless I do it, for them, they are not pasture bred, I decide when and to who, We are all a a loss for words on this one, i will keep checking in, to update and see if anyone else has any , advice or exp. in this area, :-)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US