SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Big ultrasound day for Laurie's mare on Wednesday

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » Big ultrasound day for Laurie's mare on Wednesday « Previous Next »

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Laurie, the big day is coming up, this Wednesday.

I pray your mare is preggo!!!! Please let us know the results of the ultrasound as soon as possible. I want to see that big "YAHOO"!!!

You and your mare have been on my mind alot. I'm sending you many many preggo vibes your way. I know how nervous you are about this and how badly you want this foal. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hey everyone, please send my friend Laurie Beltran, your good luck vibes and prayers. It will most definately help.

Good luck Laurie!!!!

Marilyn

(Message edited by Marilyn_l on August 13, 2007)

(Message edited by marilyn_l on August 13, 2007)

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 581
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, Ditto Marilyn, Sending you positive thoughts that that girl of yours is knocked up :-)

Laurie A Beltran
Nursing Foal
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, Jan,
You guys are to funny!!!!! Thanks so much for even taking the time to think about me and my worries!! The big day is tomorrow, hopefully I can let out a HUGE shout! I to am awaiting your mares results Marilyn I will celebrate with you and yours as well!! Jan how is your baby doing? I haven't heard much lately??? Pic's????

Take care Everyone....LB

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 590
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie...okay I will be holding my breath, figuratively speaking that is, to read your post tomorrow. Since I am in your time zone what time is you appointmnet? I will be thinking of you and your girl. Gracie is doing spectacular! I will post pics this weekend. Took her in the water at the local stream and she loved it! She is SO friendly everybody LOVES her! She is full of grace....I am in Love :-)

Laurie A Beltran
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan,
The appointment is at 9:00 am.... Good thoughts!!!!!

Look for my post in the morning

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok How does one cope??, I so wanted a baby out of Laique. she is so sweet!! The Vet just left she said there is no reason that she wasn't setttled. Lalique had a CH right after breeding her. So there should be a baby!?? I just feel lousy!!!! This weekend Lalique will be going back home...... I hope she gets a wonderful life back with her Breeders. I am thankful for my 21 year young mare that did settle, I also had her P-level checked she is in the high 28's Not bad from a range of 2-? THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR KEEPING ME IN YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so sorry Laurie. What the heck is the problem??? Can't you try one more time? It's still not too late, is it?

I feel horrible, I'm so so sorry Laurie...

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 595
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, I am so sad for you.... It is too late? WIth Paso's there is not a definite month to be born...I bred last August and got a July baby. I know with my mare it took everything...We used the drug Settle prior, ultrasounded , ultrasounded, and oxy protocol per Jos. Hold on to the fact that you are expecting a baby from you other mare...that is at least something to put energy into. Sending you a hug....

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,
Just needed to get back online and post! I know I should be excited about my other mare and I am!! I'm also relieved to know that she is pretty much pregnant! She has always been a very special girl when I needed her she was always there for me. I am so luckey to be able to get a baby from her. I really dont know how much longer she will be on this earth? Ever since I lost my other 19 year old last September it's been really hard for me to come out of my shell!!!!!!! I have found it so much easier being able to write to most of you that have gone through heatbreak and heartache so I want to again say "Thank You" especially to Marilyn,Jan,Lisa for caring....... LB

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 596
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 04:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More Hugs Laurie..and we will be her to rejoice in your foal on the way....Take good care of momma to be :-)

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock
Username: Lisa98

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Laurie! I am so happy that your one girl is settled; but so sorry that Laique isn't. I know it's hard to understand right now; but things like this tend to happen for a reason. Maybe your other mare is going to have the most awesome baby ever and you will need all of your time to spend with that one. I know it's hard to find a bright side-you are in my thoughts!!

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*******BIG DAY FOR MARILYN*******

Everyone that has been in Marilyn's shoes right now know's how it feels to want a baby really really bad, I want this for her and the many others waiting....At this time please send Marilyn and her 2 mares that's getting U.S today GOOD VIBESSSSS.....MMMMMMMMMM good thoughts

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everybody for your preggo vibes!!! Still no word.

I'm so stressed, I'm eating myself sick. I had to unbutton my top button on my slacks! If I keep eating, I'm going to have to unzip my slacks... That would not be pretty...

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol I will be in your shoes next year well I kinda am already and its driving me nuts. I go in for my ultrasound on Monday. I'be known about it for 2 wks now but am so excited. I've even started spring cleaning again or already i dunno

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 03:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Marilyn, been there done that! problem just continued to eat my lunch! before I knew it I was into the next size up!! BEWARE!! lol I feel for you Marilyn!!! I know just where your at :-) My thoughts are there also!

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, I've got everything possible crossed for you and your girls....can't wait to hear the news!!! Be careful of the eating, like Laurie said, or you'll soon have to buy some new slacks-he he (I do it too)!!

Jenni-are you pregnant?? Congrats if so!! Your first??

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boo hoo!!!!! Neither are pregnant. Marquette has a 30 follicle with 50% tone. When she was bred last time, she had a 30% tone. Edema looks good. Vet feels much better about this time around. She will get prostagladin tomorrow.

Dora, the other mare is a couple of days behind Marq. Dora, lost her pregnancy earlier this year, so to have her in season at all is a blessing.

We will have to see what happens. I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks for all your encouragement. It made a remarkable difference knowing that I have a such good people, not to mention, highly knowledgeable people, to help me through all this.

We'll get em this time!!!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lisa Yes I'm pregnant thank you! It will be my last send me boy right vibes as I have 3 girls already!

Marilyn Im so sorry they didnt take it will be a go this time round has to be right

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 597
Posted on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, So sorry your girls did not take but I am doing the fertility dance for you this go around! I highly recommend "Jos" oxcytocin protocol....August was a good month for my mare last year!!! Everything going your way for an egg to meet with a sperm.

Congrats Jenni...I had 5 sons before I got my 1 daughter :-) Are you going to find out ahead of time boy of girl?

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jenni and Jan, it was tough hearing the news. One more try and I think we'll wrap it up.

Jenni, I'm happy to hear your girl is pregnant. I will send boy vibes your way. Think boy, boy, boy...

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awww Marilyn! So sorry-I feel like Jan that August will be your month; it only takes one right?!? Fingers crossed for Dora-when do you hear about her?

Jenni-ya for you! I'll send you boy vibes; I have a boy and no girls so if you have another girl maybe we could work out a trade later on if I have another boy-he he (not that I am currently pregnant or trying at the moment)

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Lisa, yea, it's disappointing. The breeder didn't say much about Dora, she mostly talked about Marq. She thinks Marq looks much better this time around for breeding.

Jan, I did send the breeder an e-mail this morning about using the Oxytocin Protocol. I hope she's not insulted that I said something to her about this. I don't want her to think I don't have faith in what she's doing. She's been breeding 25 years and she breeds her 20 something mares each year. She talks a mile a minute and is highly intelligent, kinda intimidating. Not because she's not a nice person, on the contrary, she's a very very nice person. She is intimidating because she is so highly intelligent and uses terms I'm not familiar with. I haven't gotten a response back from my e-mail yet, so I'm hoping she's not upset with me for mentioning Oxytocin.

Earlier this year when the mares were with me and my vet was breeding the mares, she mentioned that the mares should have Oxytocin. But that was before she got them and she didn't know what their insides looked like. Now she has them both and she can see for herself what they look like. I guess what I'm getting at is, she knows about Oxytocin, and when to use it, so I guess she'll use it if she thinks it's necessary. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, Marq had Oxytocin the time before I brought the mares to the breeders in Michigan. So we've done that once so far.

Is all this clear as mud???

My vet here said that the fluid in the uterius is not an issue with my mares, so is it still necessary to do Oxytocin?

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 369
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan- Yes I'm going to find out I'm much to curious and impatient to wait it out and see. This is definately my last Im tying the tubes this go around. This one was a total suprise today is my youngest 1st birthday I didnt want them quite this close, but God knows best I went in to get an IUD and was informed I was to late. So Monday we find out exactly how far along and if its a boy or a girl.
Lisa- lol a trade sounds good I got 3 Daddy's girls I'd like a mommas boy this go round lol

Marilyn - i doubt your breeder will be upset for you mentioning using the Oxytocin. Sending you prego thoughts and trust me I have a lot of them baby and pregnacy are the only things on my mind lately. Im sure they will take this go around exspecially with such an expierenced breeder.

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni, it's you that's pregnant. LOL. I was thinking your mare. That's too funny!!! I'm so happy for you!! How far along are you? So you doing the string test on yourself? LOL!!!! I'm going to have to adjust my thinking... Okay, boy, boy, boy for you, not your mare. :-)

Congratulations!!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 371
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep its me thats prego. Im breeding my mare in the spring. I have absolutely no idea how far along I am I got a pos test the 1st of June but they thought I was already 2 months preg then. This will be my first DR appt for this pregnancy as I had an insurance problem. So i get to find out everything in one shot

Tracy Smith
Nursing Foal
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fingers crossed for you Jenni, I have 2 boys and I've always been scared for going for the girl. I tell everyone my luck I will have twin boys!!!! I'll send boy vibes your way :-)

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 599
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn,

Sounds like you have some body very very knowledgable on your side....I printed it and gave it to my repo vet last year and she smiled but you never know if there might be a little different approach to something. She (my vet)had never used the drug "Settle" before and I gave her some info. She did some research on her own and called UC Davis and some other colleagues and we gave it a try...and my mare got pregnant. She learned soemthing new and was open to other ideas. So it could not hurt. I am feeling good about this for you Marilyn! Much better that your mares are with the breeder. We had to do it with my mare in California and the stallion was in Florida :-) Let us know when she breeds them so we can count down with you.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 600
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni,

I am wishing you a healthy baby :-) I had 5 boys in a row....in less than six years and 2 years later got my girl....I like even numbers 4 is a good number :-) Tied my tubes after #6 but now my children are 18-26 and I have 2 married sons and 1 grandaughter :-) Life is Good!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 373
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I dont think I could handle 6 3 drive me crazy you must be one hek of a woman. My oldest just turned 5 and start kindergarten monday. Thank You for the thoughts. I'll let you know when they schedule my delivery (c section) and what the ultrasound says. Thanks all

Marilyn,
Still thinking of you and yes give us the breeding dates so we can count down to foaling.

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mairlyn-I don't think you should have upset your breeder; quite the oppisite, she should be happy that you are educating yourself and you are both working to a common goal right?? Oh-I hope, I hope it will work this time!!

Jan-Kudos to you on such a large family, I have one boy and he is enough for me for now!!

Jenni-good luck on your md appointment, let us know your due date!! You SHOULD do the nail test too so we can see how accurate it really is, he he!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 378
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey I tried the nail test and it went both ways. Ill try it again tonight and see if its made up its mind lol

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 380
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok phewee it only went one direction this time. side to side is that boy or girl? I held it centered about an inch below belly button and it swung towards my head and ft.

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They say side to side is a boy and circles is a girl....so.....BOY VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 381
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks I'll let you know if the ultrasound agrees on Monday.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 602
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni....okay so string test says boy....can't wait for you to report in from your ultrasound! Good luck!

Marilyn Lemke
Yearling

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah boy!!! I can't wait to hear what the ultrasound says.

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard back from the breeder. She said that she thought she used Oxytocin this last time. But she is going to check her notes to make sure. She said that she'll make sure to use it this time.

She also said she is suspectious that the person who sold me the mare back in December, probably sold it because she is a problem breeder. She could be right. I just hope she gets pregnant this next time because this morning my husband said they'll be down the road, if they don't get pregnant.

This really upsets me because I really love the mares and I would worry about where they would go. I can't sell these mares to someone who wants to breed, because no one would want a mare that has breeding problems. Also, they are not good riding horses. One has hock problems and the other is only green broke.

What a stupid situation I'm in... bummer!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2007 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, I really hope she'll take this time. If not and you do end up selling her send me an email privately ( bugrace2000@yahoo.com ). I know of some great rescue centers that will make sure she is never sold or bred. If they cant place them they keep them forever.
In the mean time I will keep everything crossed and all my hopes and rayers heading your way. You may have some recouse against the original owners as well. If he knowingly sold you mares for breeding that were problematic I believe that falls under theft by deception. You may be able to at least get part of your money back.

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 111
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn-I'm so glad that you heard back from your breeder and that she didn't seem to be upset by your sending her the protocol. I hope so hard that it will all work out and that they will both be bred this time next month. If not, then you just have to know that there is a reason for everything and hopefully Jenni can help you with homes. All is crossed!!

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 102
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jenni and Lisa. Would the rescue center take a mare that really isn't being rescued? When I think of rescue centers, I think of a mare that's being abused and starved, which is not the case for my mares. They are in fantastic shape and in very good health. The one mare with joint problems gets Hylamotion on a daily basis and has helped her a great deal. She doesn't show she's in any pain and her "clicking" sound she made when walking is gone. I've been told that we pamper our mares and that's probably why they aren't pregnant. Whatever that means...

Jenni, getting back to your offer, if the center would consider my situation a rescue situation, I would most definately consider it. Thank you so much Jenni, that really makes me feel so much better!

Lisa, I'm sure you're right, everything does happen for a reason, in fact, that's something I say often. It's just hard...

I'm hoping after the dust settles, maybe I can talk Mike into trying again next Spring and if after two times they don't get pregnant, then we'll see.

I hate this!!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 389
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, This one center I know of will take perfectly good well broke stock and place them in apropriate homes. So yes I'm sure they'll take your mares. I'll hunt up there contact info so you can talk to them.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 390
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.equineadoption.com/order.htm this is probably the best center I know of they are in Wisconsin, but maybe you could get some cheaper arangements made for transportation if you have to sell them.

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jenni, I'm not that far from Wisconsin. It's about a 3 hour drive from here. So transportation would not be a problem. I'm praying that I won't have to deal with this. It's nice to know my options. Thanks again!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 391
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your welcome check out their site even if you dont have to go that way. I think they do have a waiting list so I would call to discuss your options with them. Good Luck and still sending Prego prayers for your gals

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I havent been here for a few days, sulking...first things first! Jenni Congrats on your pregnacy I hope you have a boy, I have two myself!I thought that was ebough for me!!!!!!!JAN!!!!!OMG You don't really have 6 kids??? IF you do your still sane???? My hats off to you!! I could barely handle 2 boys well actually one, my other was sent to Boonesville Mo to attend Military School at the age of 12 he came home on Holidays and stayed there until he was 18. He turned into a wonderful productive adult. My other still needs Mommy....He's a momma's boy??? Go figure!
PS- NO son #2 wasnt a problem child at all he really wanted that kind of education! Did I forget to mention at that point I was a worko-holic???? I'm recovered!!!!!!!Semi
Retired!!!!!!!

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:02 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marilyn, I want this for you in the worse way! I hope your breeder excepts and utilizes the information that was sent. I can also understand your husbands point. Trying to get a mare settled can eat your lunch! even after spending ton's still doesnt mean anything! I have a feeling if your confident in the breeder and she says that there might be a problem with one of your mares maybe there is...if it was me, I would put all efforts into the mare that might be more acceptable?? I am not saying don't do it. I just want to throw out as many senarios as possible! You know I'm rooting for you no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry to bore everyone with my issues. I don't mean to. My husband runs out of patience and then I have to stop talking to him about it, because he's as frustrated as I am. So it helps to talk to all of you. Thank you!!!!

Anyway, I sent my breeder the website regarding "Settle". I figured I'm probably pushing my luck with her, but if I don't do everything possible, I feel I may regret it later. She said that she uses this product at her breeding facility and knows all about it. She will talk to the vet today to see if it's something that would help our mares.

After she bred the mares this last time, the vet put them on Regumate. Even though they didn't get pregnant, the breeder felt it helped Marq get back insink (not sure of spelling) with her cycling. (her cycle was really off)

Marq was at a 30 follicle on Thursday, with a 50% uterian tone. (She only had a 30% at best, uterian tone on her last breeding) so the vet and the breeder feels better about this breeding. On Friday, Marq was given Prostagladin and will be checked today to see if she's ready to be inseminated.

On Thursday, Dora was about 2 days behind Marq. I'm not sure how she's doing now. But the vet is coming out today to check on both girls and I'll get a progress report then.

Thanks again everyone for listening to my problems. It's been a great deal of help to me to write all this down and to get your imput. Very theraputical for me. Bless you all.

Take care everyone. I'll keep you informed of the girls progress.

Marilyn

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 106
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Laurie, good to see you here again!!! I will do whatever the breeder tells me is best. I trust her judgement 100%. Laurie, having been there yourself, you know how hard it is to hear.

I completely understand what Mike is saying, it only makes sense. It's just that I get attached and it's hard to let go.

Anyway, glad to see you posting Laurie. Have a wonderful weekend.

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Everyone,
I have a question that I hope I can figure out.

Can applying any of Jos protocol with a problem mare work if she has a Immune problem? She has been on an Immune one for over 3 weeks, she originally came with habrenema (Sp)now if she had been and I believe the breeder had her on a worming program, why would she have 2 bouts of it and conjuctivits?. The conjuctivitis is now chronic! She is not in a windy dirty area, she wears fly masks 24hr and still gets triple antibotics everyday she still has junk in her eyes???? Another breeder friend seems to thing if she was on a normal wormimg cycle, that should have taken care of the habrenema. She also said with this cover being all in place she should be pregnant! It's a Immune thing she thought?? I am beginning to also think this??? Does anyone have any idea???

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the update e-mail I got from my breeder (Cheri) today.

Gave settle to Marq. She will be bred Sunday and Monday. HCG on Sunday AM.
35 mm fol just now and in excellent heat.

Expect heat and breeding from 3 to 7 days after prostin which was given
Thursday.

Dora is slower but still ok. Will give prostin Sunday if not in heat then.
Settle at the beginning of her heat.

I am just really lucky that I have had 100's of hours with excellent vets.
Dr. Neely is one of the best in the world and he was here 3 days per week
with students for 4 or 5 years. Students only got a 3 week rotation and I
got all summer with him.

c

The prior e-mail that I sent Cheri, mentioned how amazed I was with her vast knowledge of breeding, that's why she responded with how she acquired this knowledge.

It sounds like Marq and Dora still have a chance.

(Message edited by marilyn_l on August 18, 2007)

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jos or someone else on this board will definately be more help with your situation than I, Laurie. I have no clue. I hope someone can help you.

Is this Lalique that need this attention? I was hoping maybe you were reconsidering breeding her again this year. I would love the company!!!

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Marilyn, call me stubborn....
I have a feeling that having a compromised Immune system is not a good thing! I am going to call my Vet and rethink this out again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wish me luck!!!!!

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes!!!!!! I'm so excited and I hope and pray you have much success!!! I will be behind you 100%. Yea!!

I guess one way to look at it Laurie, you know for sure she won't be pregnant if you don't give it another shot. If you try again, there is always hope.

Good luck!!!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 392
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm very busy today but all my thoughts and prayers are with you both

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 110
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Laurie, Marilyn's husband Mike here, Marilyn showed me your question regarding Habronema (stomach worms). From what I know, Conjunctivitis is a a symptom (Sp) of Habronema. It's part of the life cycle of the stomach worms that have infected this horse. Also, a large infestation of stomach worms can cause gastritis. This could look like a mild case of colic and only show itself every once and awhile. If the mare is looking colicy right after breeding it could mean that her uteris is very irritated, because of semen, and that could look like a colic also.
It sounds like you still might have a worm problem. Have you had a fecal done with your vet?, or has he put her on a very agressive worming schedule to treat the stomach worms?? If not, I would first make sure that the mare is clean from the worms before I'd try to breed her again, because if you were to worm her while bred she could abort. It sounds like the mares system is still fighting infection somewhere.
This is only my less that educated guess, it might be something to look into. Hope I've helped. Mike

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 606
Posted on Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn,

So glad it sounds like your girls are getting ready for breeding! I hope you have as much success as I did using Settle and Oxy protocol. Sounds like your breeder is great. You are very very lucky. Everything crossed to and all my prayers and thoughts are with you. Keep us posted!

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for you support Jan. The reason I'm doing Settle and Oxy is because of your past posts. I saw how it worked for you, so I figured, what the heck, I've tried everything else.

If it works, I will be the happiest person in NW Indiana.

So thanks to you and everyone here for the suggestions and all the support. It has been truly beneficial and comforting for me.

I'm also so thankful for my breeder friend, Cheri, who is taking her personal time, to do her best with the girls, so I have the best chance possible to have a 2008 foal.

I feel terrible, I just realized that everytime Laurie goes on this website, she sees this thread about her big ultrasound day. We need to let this thread die, so she doesn't have this constant reminder. I'm so sorry Laurie!!!

Marilyn

(Message edited by Marilyn_l on August 19, 2007)

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 607
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last post on this thread..I agree Marilyn, Post finished. Hugs Laurie

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,
I had a wonderful weekend with my 2 boys, My son Ira who has been in Russia and Bulgaria for the pass year returned and they both showed up! Being mothers it's the best feeling in the world to see "your" family.....SO! I'm back!

Marilyn, I feel you will get to the light at the end of the tunnel. Loaded with all this information and with the breeder accepting your protocol???? How can it be bad!!!!!!!!! Continue the fight!! I want to hear there's a baby for Marilyn.....

Take care, LB

**Jan** Kiddos back to you! Hugs froms Sunny San Diego! See you in Burbank at Fiesta of the Spanish Horse 2008

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mike,
Yes, I realize what her problem was back in April I contacted the breeders they informed me that she had been on a worming program, so why did she still have evidence of Habrenema ?? Lalique was put on a worming program by my Vet, every 10 days until cleared case #1 cleared after 4 doses then case#2 showed up after case #1 cleared after case #2 cleared another bout was evident on her neck!! I'm not so sure it was colic?? I have seen colic plenty of times. It really was confusing?? Maybe you're right. I am still confused as well as the Vet. We had her tested for worms...Found no problems... Also after applying triple antibiotics for her conjuctivitis everyday since June she should have cleared... Still has the problem???? Mike your a Gem for taking the time....Marilyn you've done good!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US