SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

False Pregnancies......

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 2 » False Pregnancies...... « Previous Next »

Theresa Abbey
Neonate
Username: Jobina

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How long can one last? My mare was bred AI three times this spring. The second breeding she had a false pregnancy(so the vet said), she came back into heat herself about 4 weeks after the breeding, so we bred her a third time on this heat. At 20 day preg check she showed no heat, no pregnancy, that was the end of June. I have yet to see my mare back in heat, she has a very "broodmareish" look to her and has a little "puffiness" to her udder. Jrishha is 15 and her last foal was 8 years ago. She is very good at letting me know when she is in heat, she advertises it. I can't normally ride this mare during a heat because all she does is stand and pee. I haven't seen this behaviour for months, I can't get her to lose weight. I cut back her feed, there is no grass left in my dry pasture and I'm riding her. Could a pregnancy at 20 days be missed? How long could she think she is pregnant? If I don't see a cycle in a few months I will get the vet out to check her again...I plan on trying her again next spring so I need to start following her cycles.

Kay Baxter
Weanling
Username: Kaykay

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2007 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a mare that had a false pregnancy for months. she fooled everyone including my vet. Even got milk (and shes a maiden mare) Finally spring came and she started cycling and the bag went away. really frustrating!

Theresa Abbey
Neonate
Username: Jobina

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I got a mini stud to tease her would she possibley come out of it? I only have mares(Arabians) so I've thought of purchasing a teaser and maybe I'll have better like with AI in the future because they'll have some male stimulation in the barn.

patti ann carlson
Neonate
Username: Pcpattiann46

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi...I have a mare I think is in foal, was told she was when I bought her in january, said she bred her on Aug 7 & 8 last year, than she said her stallion bred her again sometime in september and maybe got her in oct....she was in field with her stud.vet did palpatation in april and said she wasn't but could miss it because it may have dropped out of reach. so I'm just waiting and watching.....lately she has been backing up to the stall wall and rubbing her butt and putting pressure on her butt....udders have milk was clear and now is white and sticky have had for over a month now, we thought we have seen some movements the last 10 days also....so I am on hold here!!she has had one foal a few years ago. she is also a very fat mare, only gets 2 flakes a hay a day and she is in a dry lot paddock..how long can a mare have a false pregnancy if this is what is happening to my mare?

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes it can be missed our mare last year was us at 18 days post cover and I was told she was open--she never came back into heat although I brought her right back to the stud. We took her to another vet at about 35 days and re ultrasound her and she was 35 days bred at that time

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US