SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Installing new Phantom plan

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Methods » Installing new Phantom plan « Previous Next »

Angel Portice
Neonate
Username: Porticea

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am looking for some help.
Do you have a diagram and information about how to mount a Phantoms? I bought one second hand but brand new. Some of the information paperwork was there but installation was wet in transport so I can't read it.
I would like to have a mare near the phantom for training young stallions they come through here.

Our new barn is just about done and we would like to install this ASAP since breeding season is already underway.
I have a younger stallion that needs some training on it so I can ship on him later this summer.
Any information you can offer would be helpful.
Sincere Thanks,

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2949
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not clear what specifically it is you need assistance with. The way that you put up a breeding mount is going to depend upon the model/make of mount you have, so we can't really help with that as you don't say what it is. OTOH, if you are asking in what location you should place the mount, we can't really help with that either, as it will depend entirely upon how your breeding shed is constructed.

If you give us some more details we may all be able to give some suggestions! :-)

Angel Portice
Neonate
Username: Porticea

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an Equine Breeding Supply Phantom. It has an internal AV but I do have a plug so I can use it either way.

I am just looking for your idea of ease of setup for a phantom. Things you have found helpful and things you didn't like with a setup. ie...mare in the front of the mount, mare off to the side, mare in a stall next to it, whatever. Should I pour a slab or keep it dirt and just pour cement on the pole and cover with sand. Etc.

Jos I know you have been at alot of places and I am sure have an idea of what your overall likes and dislikes were with people's setups.

I have the whole back half of my new barn open for mounting it. So pretty much a blank slate. My old phantom was outside and in a cramped location.

I want to make sure I leave enough room for a tease mare for training young stallions to mount a phantom.

Just looking for input and your thoughts on it.

hedgerow farm
Yearling
Username: Lotsofponies

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can check out the Stallion Station page on this website, it should give you some ideas of a professional setup. I personally prefer to avoid concrete floors, they are not very forgiving even with mats if things turn bad. Mats don't alway give a horse the best traction and can shift. I have seen several sites with shavings or mulch over dirt that were very nice to work in. I hope you will share photos when you get it all set up.
http://www.equine-reproduction.com/Stallions/StallionStation.shtml

Chris Taylor
Yearling
Username: Galaxy

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 04:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have built several of the Power Pole phantoms as described by Jos on here and they work really well. My one, which I built to the specs, has accomodated 12.2 stallions thru to 16.2 stallions. I am very happy with that plan and highly recommend it to anyone.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US