SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

French INRA AV Q's....

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Methods » French INRA AV Q's.... « Previous Next »

breeding whiz
Neonate
Username: Marlynna

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SO, I splurged and bout a French inra av. I went ahead and purchased the disposable liners and the latex liners. My question is this...if you were to use the latex liners to collect with, what the heck to you attach your bottle to? It seems as though the cone end of the AV is very small and would never fit over a playtex bottle end.

I already read the article that is posted on this site and know how to attach it with the disposable liners, but I would like to be prepared to do it the other way too.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First off... we collect a lot of different stallions every year, and always use a disposable liner, so our thin latex liner never gets used... :-) Having said that, if you do decide to use it (and why would you??? It's a lot of work to clean it and you run risks of cross-contamination from stallion to stallion :-)) what you can do is take a baby bottle (we use Playtex bottles as they have a wider neck and no bottom making it easier to check if the stallion has ejaculated - make sure to put a disposable bottle liner in there first though - it's bad if you don't!!!! ) and then using a rubber band (or two if you're nervous!) secure the distal end of the latex liner tightly around the outside of the bottle opening. You will lose a little semen, but not too much if you have it set up right.

Candice Slagel
Neonate
Username: Candice_slagel

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am struggling with this AV. I know it's the user and not anything else! What the problem I am having is I use the latex liner, then put a disposable one on top of it with a bottle and filter connected to the bottom of it. The problem I am having is, I think we are putting too much water in it??? When he jumps and we get him in it, the one end of the latex liner is popping off and water is getting everywhere!! I realize I must sound stupid, but I am screwing up somewhere and would love to get some instructions on how to do this right. THANKS!!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1258
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out the article in the articles section on "putting the French (INRA) model AV together the Equine-Reproduction.com way".

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US