SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Thanking Jos!! and others on this wonderful forum

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Thanking Jos!! and others on this wonderful forum « Previous Next »

Gynna Meiller
Breeding Stock
Username: Jw_kings_excalibur

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just wanted to take the time to thank Jos for a job well done as well as the time he(?) takes to stop and answer our questions, and render aid!
I would also like to thank all the other valued members of this board and their wisdom for all the much needed questions and answers we all need and look for in raising our equine family members! Thank you!! All of you, but especial you Jos, for all you have dedicated yourself too, you still find time for us little folk!
And I wanted to let you know I beleive we all VERY much appreciate you and your dedication..but I gotta ask..Are you a Miss, Ms or Mr just so I can be more politicaly correct when "talking" with you??

(Message edited by Jw_kings_excalibur on June 10, 2006)

Daniel Crouse
Yearling
Username: Sneakers17

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, good idea this site has helped me the most in my first year of breeding.
Thanks everyone

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10772
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the kind comments, but remember that it's very much all the board members that make this board a success! Without the questions there would be no answers, and there are lots of good answers being provided by many posters.

In other words, perhaps it should be me that's thanking you the board members for making the board a success! :-)

Oh - and I'm not big on being politically correct, so you'll have to take your chances... (if you hunt around the board enough though, you'll find your answer... :-)).

Gynna Meiller
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 143
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh you gotta be a guy then..It would make sense.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 505
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gynna- I agree, I don't know that I've read anywhere that Jos is a man, but that's always been my impression. ( and it's just like him to keep us guessing )

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 482
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too - I think the board is great and have had sooo much more help from everyone here than any vet or Book that Ive read and I couldnt be more greatfull - My first breeding attempt has been a success and i didnt go insane - all thanks to yu guys! I also pressumed Jos was a guy - I wonder why we would all think that the one with all the wisdom and authority would be male ; )

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 401
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, Evie, and anybody else there was a thread about Jos that he is a man and his wife runs another forum on horses as well. Somewhere on this Equine-Reproduction web site there at one time was a picture of Jos to prove he is a MAN! But do you think I can find it or the thread.

So Jos has my vote... to prove he is a man!! :-)

Amanda Gilbert
Yearling
Username: Amanda

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say that I agree with everyone else here this is a great board. I have learned so much here and plan on learning a lot more from every one. Thanks so much Jos

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 506
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd just like to add that regardless of gender, Jos has a ton of wonderful information and he/she is much appreciated!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 485
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did read that thread actually but it was such a long time ago and I think the weather here has just about fried my brains!!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10783
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check this link out and draw your own conclusions! :-)

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 402
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep!!!! Those are the pictures I have seen before of Jos! You do look diferent from the English look to the Western look.
Thanks for a great board!!

sandra dillard
Breeding Stock
Username: Magnolia

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can tell you one thing, I believe this board saved my life... This was my first foal and I don't know what I would have done without this place..It's so wonderful to know others are going through the same things, some have lots of experience and advice, others looking for the same advice..I call it my "support Group" ..I just love it!! Thanks to everyone for their time and advice..Please keep this going forever!!!!

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jos I want to know why I never saw you in a western hat while you where here in Idaho?
I will be looking forward to seeing you in one this fall!! :-)

Jenn
Breeding Stock
Username: Jenn

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jos, I have to admit that I was curious as to whether you were male or female and had Googled you previously. Thanks for this discussion board. When I Googled you some info came up regarding you being at the Horse Owners and Breeders conference in Red Deer Alberta in previous years. Lloyd and I try to get to that whenever we can, and I was wondering if you had any plans in the future to be there.

Gynna Meiller
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never figured it to be his wisdom that made Jos "sound" like a man to me, but his wit and humor. I have also chatted with Kathy who is also incredably knowledgeable about equines and equine repo..Thanks again Jos!

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10791
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't think I've ever been to Red Deer... Send me the link - it must be my evil twin brother again... :-)

Jenn
Breeding Stock
Username: Jenn

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mistake Jos. If you google your name a link to "Norther Horse" clinics listings comes up. It reads like this "11/25/2002, Jos Mottershead Clinic Schedule, Jos Mottershead. 11/05/2002, Alberta Horse Breeders and Owners Conference, Horse Industry Section ..." I hadn't opened the link, I just saw your name listed next to the Alberta Horse Conference. They are 2 separate listings. Sorry. I guess that means you won't
be there. That'll teach me to read the link before I ask silly questions.

Deena
Breeding Stock
Username: Morganslil1

Post Number: 364
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 05:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jos how are ya?(hugs)God bless you for all that you do.

Debbie Burnett
Breeding Stock
Username: Horselady

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny I always thought Jos was a gal. Short for Jocelyne or something.. oh well, we wont hold it against ya !

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US