SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Project done....can someone help!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Project done....can someone help! « Previous Next »

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 243
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay gals I just about have this project all done but need help in order to put it up on the web. Anybody out there that is a web page designer or have knowlegde about web pages PLEASE help me so everyone can see!

Lori
Nursing Foal
Username: Lori

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I, too, am interested in a web page. i have no idea about finding a "server" or getting a page,,what is the basic proceedure?
Thanks,,,just wanted to show some interest in this thread and keep it active.
Loriwoo

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 251
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanna could I ask you for some help????? Please?

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I made my website at freewebs.com They host it also. You can make one for no charge or buya domain name through them so your site doesn't have freewebs in the name and no pop up ads. It is very easy.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cathy

Laura
Weanling
Username: Horssports

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought my domain name thru GoDaddy.com. They always run some good specials. prices are cheap! My server/host is addr.com. They were recommended to me by a friend.

I knew nothing when I set mine up. So, if I can do it.. anyone can do it. hehe.

I'm learning by trail & error to get my website up. Right now, it's boring.. text only site. But, I'll get there someday.

Best of luck.

Joanna
Breeding Stock
Username: Joanna

Post Number: 124
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What exactly is the site going to include? If it is going to have videos, I don't know much about that. As for images and html, I might be able to help a little. If you are interested in bying a domain name and actually making this a real site, my favorite hosting service is www.networksolutions.com They have lots of different choices (templates, design your own site, ect.) as well as THE best customer service and support. You can start from scratch with them, begining with domain name purchase. Check out their site and see if that is what you are looking for.

Joanna
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 02:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, if you click on my name, there is a link to my horse website. What you see there is pretty much the extent of what I know about web page design. Hope this helps.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 256
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 05:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Joanna and Laura. I have been able to find what I need. Again Thank you so much for your help.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10579
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FWIW, we found the costs of Network Solutions to be considerably higher than most, and use a registrant called BargainNames.com. They are cheaper, and have an easy interface to manage your account yourself.

Check out domain name servers closely. There are lots out there, and they are not created equal, either in price, quality of services or reliability.

If you just want a basic web site, then the use of the free domains such as are mentioned above, (or do a search for one) is good - you don't need a fancy (read more expensive) set up for that!

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 257
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everyone. I found a domain name from GoDaddy.com. Now I just have to get the pages from my files to be put up on to the web. The project is on Comparison of Mares and Udder Development. Since being a first timer at foaling it was hard to find actual pictures of where you can see if your mare is progress as she should be. Most of the information is from what was discussed here on the board and from what I have learned from this wonderful place of information.
As soon as I can get it all together and up and running it will be posted here first!

Lori
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so do the free sites, like freeweb.com,
do they always have that freeweb.com in the name? and will your site ever show up on a google search that someone might perform?
Thanks,
Lori

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 274
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not know about your first part of the question. But to the second part, yes they will show up on any search.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 315
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the web site finally!!!

Check it out !!

http://www.ravenhurststables.com/New%20Web/default.htm

What do you all think?????

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 134
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori If you buy a domain name through freewebs for 19.95 a year you do not have free webs in the name, and you do not have the advertisements on your site.
Raven very good job on your site.

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 579
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori. Nice site. :-) My only complaint that I would have is that the text goes into the border to the right of the page and is somewhat hard to read.

Also on the link for milk veins. This is what I know of Milk veins. These are the tubes that come down to the udder under the belly and barrel area. Where the edema starts to show up as the milk is filling up and the milk veins swell down the udder. Hence "milk veins" because they are filling with milk. Not the little veins that are in the legs and around the udder. Yes those are veins, but not "milk veins".

Now I am no vet, or licensed person but from my many years experience and picking the brains of others in the breeding business for many more than myself, that is what I have learned and what we call milk veins. ????

Otherwise your site is great and good pics for those that need to see things and know how the general situation happens.
}GOOD JOB!
Kim

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 316
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cathy is there ad's on my site? There is not suppose to be any that I an aware of?

Kim K from what I understand is that each computer displays the web differently. In my pages the text is where it is suppose to be and is fairly easy to read. Do you think I may need to make the text bolder? I will have to chance the milk vein section, is it okay if I use your words for it's explaination?

Other than that I would think it is pretty good for someone who has no clue as to computers and how to do web sites. Flew by the seat of my pants on making the website.
Thanks

Cathy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori "Raven" I was answering a question from Lori that was just before your posts. :-) There are no ads on your site.

Joanna
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raven, great job on the site. The color scheme is spot on to your content, and the text id very informative and eye catching.
One problem that I had was that I use Firefox as my web browser,and it could not find any of your images.:-( When I swiched over to Internet Explorer, it found the pics just fine. You might look around on your web page editor and see if you could fix that, so that no matter what browser is used, everyone can see the images.
Also, about the text crossing onto the border, it did that on mine as well, and I tried two different browsers. The only page that it didn't do it on was 'Udder Development', so you might try to configure all of your pages on the sight like that one.
Other then that, you did a really great job.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 317
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanna I will be emailing you some questions on what do you mean by what you posted above. This way it is not taking up space on this board.

Thanks

Joanna
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 140
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Raven, I replied to your e-mail, really sorry for the length of it. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Beth Nesbitt
Neonate
Username: Ponygirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raven,
I really enjoyed your web site. I just found both sites a couple of days ago and I found them very helpful. We have a small pony mare that we bought last Dec. and not know that she was pg. We don't have a due date. We also don't know if she is maiden. And this will be our first foal.
Does anyone have experience with pony mares?

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 582
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori ! I don't mind you using "my" words. Just make sure that others agree with it. That is what i have been taught and understand "milk veins" to be.

After viewing the site, I tried to go back and resest some of my browser settings to see if I could get the text to change (I am using high speed connections I guess that maybe that changes how we view things too ?? and how our settings are set ), but was not successful at changing it. Maybe a bolder print would improve it for us that have our browser settings different. I remember the owner of the service saying something to me too about our settings.

Anyways , I think you did a great job . I would not know where to start with a web page !

Kim

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 325
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim K I too use high speed so that should not be the problem. I do have to change some settings later and hopefully that will correct the problem. As far as not knowing where to start with a web page neither did I till I started playing around with my different programs. I created it on Words, no fancy programs for web pages just alot of trial and error. I'm sure you can do one as well.

Thanks for the feed back on my web pages!

Lori
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, heres a dumb question, what is the difference between a free web site and a blog?
Just a note,I never have been able to figure out how to do a blog...but why would a person choose one over the other?
Thanks
Lori
(Loriwoo)

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 583
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori,
a blog is like a message board type thing.

This blog belongs to a friend of mine. They started it to post things about their new baby for distant friends and family to see instead of emailing everyone.
http://sydney-jane.blogspot.com/

you can add comments and post to the blog just like a message board.
Kim

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US