SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Who's breeding in 2012?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Who's breeding in 2012? « Previous Next »

Coco
Breeding Stock
Username: Baraaks_storm

Post Number: 124
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 - 09:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I figured it was time to see who all is breeding in 2012.

My mare Street Wize ‘Allie’ is a 15.3 hh grey NSH mare

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/LadyCTing/2012%20breeding/maresandcolts 1-15-12033.jpg

This is her 2011 grey colt Silverado

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/LadyCTing/2012%20breeding/1-29-11Silver adoandmares013.jpg

Silverado's sire, Thee Flash is my 15.1 bay minimal Sabino straight Egyptian stud

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/LadyCTing/2012%20breeding/Flash1-13-12h alterlessonShannasettinghim011.jpg

This time Allie will be bred to a 15.3 hh bay Hey Halleluiah son named Hey Madro Z.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/LadyCTing/2012%20breeding/MadroZ.jpg

Hope to hear what everyone has plans for.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This year I am breeding 2 mares to my Welsh Sec A stallion: 11.2 hh

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Riot1.jpg

Kate: grade welsh secB 13.2 hh
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/Kate/DSC02091.jpg

Lacy: pintaloosa 11.2 hh
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/ShyBon/12-11-12025.jpg

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lovely stallion and it should be fun to play the guessing game on colors your girls will produce. Have they had foals before?

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2455
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thankyou!
Kate has had one, a red dun roan filly, and Lacy is a maiden...I am very excited to see what we get ...:-)

Looking forward to yours too!

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Allie is confirmed 19 days preggers to Hey Madro Z, so if all goes well we will be expecting a Feb 2013 foal.

Tammy Cross
Weanling
Username: Crosscreekpaints

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just bought a B/W Homozygous Paint stud out of Flying Storm Kite and I am breeding my APHA Sorrel Breeding stock paint mare to him this year, and Cinder to a Blue Max grandson B/W Overo that my friend and I own IC Taxed tothe Max...Cinder is in heat now and Ayla should come in again in another week or so!
April Sunshine Image(aka Ayla)
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii496/crosscreekpaints12/019.jpg
Will be breeding her to My Homozygous Paint Stallion: Ryder in the Storm
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii496/crosscreekpaints12/Cinder%20and%20Ayla /ryder3.jpg
A DIRTY Cinnamon Cindy Spice (aka Cinder)
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii496/crosscreekpaints12/Cinder%20and%20Ayla /094.jpg

Lauren
Nursing Foal
Username: Wrosieposie

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am hoping to breed my other mare once I have a healthy foal on the ground. Estrada is a Westphalian but aproved for breeding with the AHS so the foal will be a Hanoverian. I plan on breeding her to the stallion Dauphin. It will be my first attempt at frozen so fingers crossed (my vet has a very high conception rate using frozen).

Estrada:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29112380@N04/2716739987/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29112380@N04/2717548650/in/photostream/
(I did buy these photos but for some reason I can not find the unstamped version right this moment)

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very beautiful mares Tammy and Lauren. Can't wait to see the 2013 foal crop. Expecially love the stallion Tammy. Lauren, do you have pic's of the stallion? I love the hanoverian breed- they seems to have such a great personality.

Lauren
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I sadly can't get the stallion owner's website (marefield meadows) to work but here is some pictures and info off another site. :-)

I actually would someday like to find a nice sporthorse type arabian to breed to. I love arabs and would like something a little smaller for myself. I also covet a cute welsh for my daughter (and I swear it is not just because those are the two other breed posted on this thread). :-)

http://www.hwfarm.com/Stallions/urls/dauphin.htm

mynutmeg
Weanling
Username: Mynutmeg

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 07:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare is going to stud on saturday
This is her
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg285/my_nut_meg/All%20the%20animals/IMG_0497 -1.jpg
She's Irish Draught x Thoroughbred x coloured cob

potential dad is thoroughbred
http://whaltonstud.co.uk/mountholly.html

Lauren
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love your mare mynutmeg!

Tammy Cross
Weanling
Username: Crosscreekpaints

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 02:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Coco, I love my girls and feel so fortunate to have found Ryder, (the stallion) the pix doesn't even do him justice...he is gorgeous! I am really excited to see his 2013 foals and to get him on the market for breeding!

mynutmeg
Weanling

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 04:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, she's a fab girl, even if I do say so my self - although technically she's a cob she definately has a thoroughbred brain and is lots of fun. Shall be interesting to see what comes out as this is her first foal so no idea what she's going to give me.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2497
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Kate has been covered and hasnt returned to heat, 50 days bred here!
We also covered an outside mare, a solid black Sec B welsh mare, Mia.
Lacy hasnt be confirmed in foal yet.
Possible I am also getting another Sec B welsh mare, from very nice bloodlines! Super excited!

I am very Excited to see my Riot & Kate Foal!!

Lesley Wilkie
Neonate
Username: Lesley_w

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, April 13, 2012 - 04:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still waiting on this years foal but my mare is going to the same stud as your lovely mare mynutmeg! I'm using Kilvington Scoundrel this time.

All lovely mares....sorry cant post pics of mine.

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 131
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lovely stallion and what good looking mares- everyone. I can't wait to be on the foaling page with all of you next year. Hopefully I'll get some breedings to my boy this year as well and can see some more of his foals as I didn't breed to him this year as I leased out his SE Arab mare. So how many people like to breed to proved stallions verse new bloods? Just courious.

mynutmeg
Weanling

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Lesley - is she there already? If not, if she goes in the next month or so mine is the one buried under a bug rug!
Kilvington Scoundrel is lovely and certainly produces nice babies - it's a small world sometimes.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2508
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh Yall, I dont know what to do with Lacy.
She bred in January, the 21st and 22nd. then in Feb the 11th and 12th. also March 6th & 7th.
Now according to my dates written she has also now bred March 23, March 30, April 3rd, and April 17th.
I just honestly dont know what to do. She is maiden and she is 9.
My stallion has settled 2 mares already this year, so its not him.
Ive never had a mare not take on the first cycle with the stallion.

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 133
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has she had a repro exam? Or maybe see about regumate.

Lesley Wilkie
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mynutmeg - Hopefully she will foal soon as I want to cover her again but will look out for your mare when I go.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2509
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coco, she hasnt. She was a leadline pony.(just at 12.hh)She wasnt used to breed before I got her. I am thinking that would be my next step, to have her evaluated. I was hoping to give her a few more months, and see if she would take.
Its strange because she doesnt really show to the stallion. she lets him decide when to cover her. And its random. I started by putting her in when she showed back in Jan. ( when my other mare was in heat)I put her in with him, then put her back in with him every 3 weeks. I wouldnt say shes ever acted like a typical mare in, although when I put her in with him she will pee and show. ( very mild)I assumed she was in if she let him cover her. She is however the lowest on the ranking order in our herd. So I am wondering now if shes just allowed it to be submissive.
I was advised to let her run with him. I am not sure if I should do so or not.
Today I noticed she has very thick dried "stuff" (sorry lack of better term) in her tail. its yellowish, brownish and I washed her tail to get it out. She had it on her vulva, looked like dried blood and 'stuff'.... so I am now wondering maybe she was bred, he covered her on the 17th and possible penetrated her cervix causing her to abort? There isnt anything dripping from her, just dried. It doesnt appear to be infection, but I guess its still possible it is.
I now have her in a bordering paddock to him.
I do not have 'good' vets to take her to for repro issues. So I would like to have some suggestions to give the vet before I go in, so I am not at a loss as what I need to do.
This is all new to me, never had complications getting a mare in foal.
I am honestly not sure if its my timing putting her in with him, or something with her. Sigh...

Coco
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2012 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'd get her checked out for sure- have her ultrasounded to make postive she is not in foal, and then if not have a culture and at least a basic repro exam to make sure she can carry a foal to term.

I have an older mare whose never had a foal that I'd give anything to have a foal from (can't afford a embryo transfer) but she can't carry past 3 months- I tried several stallions because she'd never seem to have caught but it wasnt till I finaly took her to the repro vet that I found out she was preggers but loosing them real early.

Hope everything goes well for you and she's just submissive but I'd at least get her ultrasounded.

mynutmeg
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lesley - good luck with the foaling. Have you used Whalton stud before?
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with them already and she's only been there a week!

Lesley Wilkie
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mynutmeg - No I haven't used them before but they have an excellent reputation. Good luck, I hope your mare gets in foal soon.

mynutmeg
Weanling

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2012 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be good - she's being nice and awkward, but thats my girl, she likes to do things on her terms.

Lesley Wilkie
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mynutmeg, My mare delivered a healthy colt on Thursday night.  I'll be taking her back to stud around 15th May so will look out for your mare.

mynutmeg
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent - really pleased. I expect Roo will still be there. We think the first week she was there she had a silent heat (she would talk to the stallion but wasn't interested) and now won't talk at all so we've managed to miss her first season there so have another 2 weeks to wait till we can try her again. Think she may end up being AI'd if she isn't interested in standing for Mount Holly. She'll stay for a month or so to let us scan her and ensure she's pregnant before we bring her home so she'll be there a good 5-6 weeks more.
They do like testing us these horses :-)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US