SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Whoa!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Whoa! « Previous Next »

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 426
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to our message board! Oh my gosh. It looks like Josh has some work.
Kim

(Message edited by kimk on March 06, 2006)

Raven (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.71.65.28
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your not kidding!! Guess when they heard their was a "Ravens Anonymous" group they mistook it for gambles anonymous. :-)
Has this ever happened before??
It was not like this earlier in the day.

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Weanling
Username: Rolling_hills_quarter_horses

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 09:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its ridiculous... would we have this problem if the board was only limited to members? I hate to say it but the Anonymous boards have this problem often.

Raven (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 67.71.65.28
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In that case I'm a member right away!

Board Admin
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 10054
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah... All kinds of rude words spring to my mind... I'm working on getting it under control and deleting the messages. There's over 900 of them, so I may not end up getting them all. I've set the board so that one cannot post anonymously - a poster has to put a name in, although it doesn't matter what it is - so hopefully that will stop it. If not, it's going to be a subscription board only, which I hate...

Board Admin
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 10055
Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK... bad language and preventing anonymous posting wasn't enough... the board is now restricted to subscribed posters only

I have made a note to that effect on the main page, but if any of you are in contact with non-subscribed regular posters privately, perhaps you could explain the situation to them so they can subscribe and still keep enjoying the board.

sorry!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to hear it's come to that Admin.. don't you just despise hackers??

Jan H
Breeding Stock
Username: Jan_h

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is so sad that a FEW bad seeds can ruin things for the majority of respectful posters! But it looks like that is the way it has to be...So glad I am a member!

Kelly Lea Adams
Weanling
Username: Kelly_lea

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think we know what Jos does in his/her spare time! lol

Trying to make us believe that a script is causing this! Sure sure!!! lol :-)

(Message edited by kelly_lea on March 07, 2006)

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 178
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if I'm a member or not?? how can I tell ?? LOL

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Weanling
Username: Rolling_hills_quarter_horses

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are EW. You can tell because you come up as you!

Heather Kutyba
Yearling
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A big HOORAY for whoever had the task of cleaning up the message board....talk about a job. Done well folks.

Lori aka " Raven"
Neonate
Username: Raven

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

got in here just in time.:-) Job well done for those that had to clear away everything!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 233
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY! Well done with that mammoth task of clearing it all up. Big Thanks : )

Jan H
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jos, that is one heck of a hoover you got! Vacumed it all away must have been a full bag by the end of it! :-)GOOD JOB!!!!!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10511
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, the vacuuming isn't quite done yet... there's still over 400 posts left to go... - I'm just picking away at them as time permits...

We're sad about having to make the board "registration only" - we have always prided ourselves on a "no restriction" policy for the web site, and recognise that there may be a few people out there who do not want to register. All we can do is assure everyone that we do not share personal information like e-mail addresses, and hope we don't lose too many potential posters. The good news is that one can still read the board without being registered, so at least those people will still be able to access the information even though they can't post a question.

OK... off to delete a few dozen more posts...

Jan H
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jos your right it is sad, but as you said so well at least they can still read the posts and register since they do not have to provide personal information, it is still one of the best resources for reproductive information on the web in MHO anyway! Thanks for all you have done/continue to do! "YOUR THE BEST" in my book.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's just a shame that some folks have to make trouble in order to be happy.. sorry for all the added work Jos, but thanks, this is a very informative and fun site, and I appreciate being part of it.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 247
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

me too Jos! thank you for keeping it up and running! and cleaning it up, because that sure was a pain to look through!

Jenn
Breeding Stock
Username: Jenn

Post Number: 131
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was away for a couple of days and it souds like it was an eventful couple of days. I would just like to thank Jos/Board Administrator for all the work it takes to keep a discussion board like this functioning. Thank You.
Now I have to go because I have a lot of reading here to catch up on.

Kelly Lea Adams
Weanling
Username: Kelly_lea

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jos for cleaning the boards up, I don't envy you the task. :-)

I just wish you didn't have to do it in the first place! :-(

Joanna
Yearling
Username: Joanna

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jos and Board Administrator, this is the best equine repro site on the web, so thanks for all that you do to keep it up and running. If it weren't for you guys, I would probably drive my vet nuts with all the questions!
Thanks again,
Joanna

Lisa Weir
Breeding Stock
Username: Pals_pal

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! Nasty!

I don't mind that it's a board for registered users. It's not like it costs to join and what's 5 minutes to sign up? If it keeps out the riff raff, I'm all for it!
Thanks Jos for an amazingly quick recovery and a board that is always a joy to visit! :-) :-)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US