SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Foals of 2010

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Foals of 2010 « Previous Next »

Pam Romjue
Yearling
Username: Pammysue

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Everyone

I thought since almost everyone is done with their foaling season it might be fun to post updated pictures of our 2010 foals!

Here is our colt that is by our friesian stud Taeke-58 and out of our hanoverian/tb mare Analita True Love born June 14th. These pictures were taken July 4th so I need to get some new ones. There are a ton of pictures on our facebook page - Just search Noble Horse Farm and "like" us!

[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010052.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010039.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010036.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010019.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010010.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010006.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010004.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/noblehorsefarm/MaximJuly42010003.jpg[/IMG]

Brittany Hindes
Yearling
Username: Bhindes

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is turning out to be a beauty. Congrats on your colt. He is so handsome.

Pam Romjue
Yearling

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Brittany we sure like him!

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 1365
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a good looking boy. Looks like he has good movement?

I'll try to get up to date ones on my colt and filly within the next day or so. Good idea to do this. They grow so fast!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 572
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys! Finally got some pix of my 2 year old...he's not being broke yet...he's a big friesien sport horse and still a growing boy, so we are letting his bones completely finish growing before doing any breaking....so he's just being a kid right now.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_bones2.jpg?t=1279969546

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_bones1.jpg?t=1279969546

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_Bones.jpg?t=1279969546

He is really starting to be a fantastic mover too...his trot is to die for and his canter is coming around nicely...this of course just observed while in the paddock goofing around...haha

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 573
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woops posted in wrong section, sorry guys, going to 2008 babies now...

Pam Romjue
Yearling

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim he looks very nice!!! What is he crossed with?

Cjskip - He has amazing movement! Thanks for noticing! I really hope he'll go to a show home and become the superstar I know he was born to be. Can't wait to see pictures of your babies!!!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 575
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HiPam: His sire is Lexington a 1/2 TB/ 1/2 Friesiean who is doing very well in the dressage circuit...you can see him at www.riveroaksfarm.com...he's lovely. His dam is a APHA/Quarter Horse mare that I owned a few years ago. She was only 1/2 paint so we were so lucky to get color! Thanks

Pam Romjue
Yearling

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kim. Yes, you are VERY lucky to get that color! We've bred our pinto dutch warmblood/arabian mare to our Friesian stud Taeke and we have all our fingers crossed for a colored foal! Her last foal by Taeke was a dark bay with only a small spot of color on his forehead! I just love the crosses with color!

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't anyone else have updated pics of their 2010 foals??? I would love to see how everyone is doing!!!

Cheryl Mondry
Yearling
Username: Cmondry

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pam - Here is a picture of Rascal from 8/1 - He is actually bigger now - they grow so fast.

[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/cmondry01/Mobile%20Uploads/08-01-10_19 02-1.jpg[/IMG]

I think he is going to be chocolate (Anything but red would be fine with me)

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Cheryl! Thanks for sharing your picture! He looks like he getting so big!!! He sure is a handsome boy! It will be exciting to see what color he ends up!!!

Cheryl Mondry
Yearling

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Pam - I will try to get some new pics soon as he is really starting to change colors. I love keeping up with your postings on Max...talk about a beautiful colt. I showed him to my daughter - she is in love with him and your stud.

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cheryl that means a lot to me!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3615
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am proud to say my little girl is growing up! Our teeny tiny baby Bella who was born at 15 inches tall and weighing only 9 lbs is now 4 months old and weaned, and a WHOPPING 19.75" tall! This is the exact same size the other foal VooDoo was when he was born. ROFL!! 3 different vets estimate her mature height to max at b/w 22 and 24 inches. I thought my stallion was tiny at 26.5". This is CRAZY. She's up to my kneecaps, and everytime i see her (STILL) i wonder how in the world this happened with not one dwarf characteristic. Her vets agree that conformationally, she is EXACTLY what miniature horse breeders should strive for, and they recommended breeding her sire and dam back together IMMEDIATELY. (of course, I already had) so i am very happy about it! LOL

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1390
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pictures Diana! We want pictures! Glad she is doing so well and she sounds like she is perfect!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 3616
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, here is a video of her after her bath the other day. My son doesn't lead very well, but the foal does LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWdIvoNtC7s
I just know that if her trot made a sound, it would be the exact same sound as Tom makes when he tippy toes in front of the sleeping dog on Tom and Jerry ...ROFL!!

(Message edited by kdgilger on September 02, 2010)

Cheryl Mondry
Yearling

Post Number: 61
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Diana - she is beautiful. What a graceful little flower. Thanks for sharing the great video.

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is adorable!!! She KNOWS she is something special! LOL!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2745
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a doll baby...now when are you gonna show her and clean up at the shows?

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finally, I got this to work. Don't know why I have so much trouble posting pictures. Anyway, here is my colt.

[IMG]http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac268/cjskip/Rocko5monthsold2010colt.jpg[/IMG]

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautiful conformation! And adorable too. Bet you are really enjoying her. Congratulations on a very nice foal.

Cheryl Mondry
Yearling

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a beautiful colt Cjskip - thanks for sharing him.

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great colt Cjskip! He is so handsome! Is this the one you were thinking about keeping a stud?

Brittany Hindes
Breeding Stock
Username: Bhindes

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana what a cutie pie you have there. I have never seen a mini that small.

Cjskip,

Your boy sure is stunning and very handsome.

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1398
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for all the compliments. I do love the way he turned out. Now I have to decide on breeding his dam back to his sire, or going for color. Any suggestions?

Pam, yes, this is the one I was talking about keeping as a stallion, but I decided (with the help of everyone here) that a stallion is not for me. I've found someone who will help me sell him. Hopefully they will show him and if he does well, breed him.

In the meantime, I still have his dam and my little filly girl which I love! I'll try to get a pic up of her soon too.

Holly
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bonny

Post Number: 2235
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj, he is a looker for sure! I understand why its hard to decide if you want to add color to that or keep it the way it is!

Diana, OH MY GOSH Bella is just precious! She just has the most content air about her! I am looking forward to seeing what Misty has in 2011!

Every ones foals are just great!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2746
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ-Beautiful neck on your boy! You should be very proud.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 3618
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ, If it were up to me, I'd have a solid horse with nice conformation before I would have a colorful one without it. It must be a really hard decision for you, as I know you want some color. But keep in mind too, that just because you threw the dice and won with that stallion once, doesn't mean he and your mare will make another nice foal. Ya just never know!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 3619
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cj, we still need pics of your filly!

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip wow, that is a hard decision.... what about breeding this pair again - hoping for a filly then breeding that filly for color???

Samantha
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys, haven't been on in several months.

Foals are looking good!

Diana, I can't believe how small she is! WOW!

I will upload some pictures of my foals either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm very happy with all three fillies :-) Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Rosalie is probably one of the most easy going youngsters I've met. Super friendly. Unfortunately we lost Trea when Rosalie was almost two months old. Rosalie has adjusted okay, doesn't look great, but is improving. She's so much like her dam. Trea was the sweetest mare. I still can't believe she's gone, and it's been several months. I will likely end up keeping Rosalie, we'll see.

Latte, Bailey's filly, is HUGE. She's gorgeous though. A real tank, but sweet, and very elegant. She sure is a powerhouse, I'm sure she will be able to jump the moon. She's much bigger than Bailey's colt from last year though. She's far bigger than Rosalie (who is a month older).

Alice, Kate's filly, is also just a doll. Sweet, curious, and what a personality! She sees you walk up to the fence, and she comes cantering over. She's kind of a little firecracker, but is really a nice filly.

Gracie is due to foal in a couple months, for any of you that remember that odd timing breeding. She's "due" November 12th.

I bred only one mare for 2011. Dolly was bred to Redwine (Rosalie's sire). I like Rosalie so much, and I thought Redwine would be a great cross on Dolly as well. I had originally bought the breeding to use on Trea, but thankfully I was able to switch it.

Lets see... what else... Oh, I bought a new Welsh colt. He isn't weaned yet, but he is FABULOUS. Can't wait for him to get here.

I've sold all of my 2009's but one, Riley, of course. She is gorgeous, intelligent, sweet, and my dream filly. I have a feeling I'll never part with this one!

Samantha
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a link to the facebook page. You shouldn't need an account to view it. You can see 2010 foals for the most recent pictures, taken at the end of August.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Placerville-CA/Secret-Ambition-Stables/27089496194 1?ref=ts&__a=6

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 01:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Samantha. Some very impressive horses. I didn't see Riley. Glad you are back online. The Welsh pony looks like a real mover.

Once again, I appreciate the comments. Diana, I totally agree-one needs conformation before worrying about color. They have to work well together. No point in breeding in the same weaknesses. And you are right too in that just because the cross worked out well this time, does not mean it will again.

Pam, I was actually thinking about that same thing! It is difficult to make the switch. I do think I will breed Foxy for some color though, when the time comes.

Well, enough of that. Decisions we all have to make, huh?

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Jan! I forgot to add this. Thanks for the compliment. I hadn't noticed it until this picture. I like his topline and head. Well, as I said, enough of bragging on my boy. I just hope he goes to a great home.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 3620
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, is your foal cam up and running for us to watch the november foaling??

Pam Romjue
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha - so sorry to hear about your mare! Your babies are beautiful thanks for the updated pictures!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US