SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Our 2 yr olds

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Our 2 yr olds « Previous Next »

cindy werner, fate born 4/05/2008
Breeding Stock
Username: Cricketsmom

Post Number: 406
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i had to start a new thread for our 2 yr olds.
heres fate again, 2nd day, what a boy!!! iam only walking him for now, he acts like a pro at this!!!not by myself yet, just someone leading him, which is fine for me right now...
i miss talking to everyone...[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_8799.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_8800.jpg[/IMG]

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 407
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI GUYS, HAVENT HEARD FROM ANYONE LATELY, HOW ARE YOUR GUYS DOING???HOW IS THE TRAINING GOING??

judy cervantes
Yearling
Username: Judy

Post Number: 84
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HiCindy,well chenoa is still limping and i have been to two vets had xrays from the tip of his toe to his shoulder and everything looks good except he limps,i dnt know what to do the vets just say let him rest for 2-3 months.Cindy that is great that you are up and riding your big boy,looks great. chenoa was just about there and we had to stop his training,i hope the rest helps him.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2734
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Cindy! Fate looks fantastic..looks like he is going to grow some more with the high rear end :-) Great job....

sally
Breeding Stock
Username: Sally_c

Post Number: 153
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 05:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Judy, I was just reading your post about chenoa.
A friend of mine had a mare who was lame in one front leg and them like you, did every test to try and find out the cause but nothing showed up. This mare was rested and showed no improvement and wasn't until my friend had the back man out for her horse and found the mare had knocked something out of place along her spine most probably from rolling in the field or playing.
After the back man had finished my friend rested the mare for a couple of days then started to walk her out and once the mare realised the pain had gone so did the lame leg.
Sorry for the long post but it may be worth you looking higher up than his shoulder.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 408
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI JAN AND JUDY, THANKS, HE IS ONE AMAZING APPY!!BOY I JUST LOVE HIM TO PIECES...HE WAS AGAIN GREAT LAST NIGHT, WE WENT AROUND MY INDOOR BY OURSELVES, AT JUST A WALK, WHOA, TURNS, AND WAS GREAT, 1ST TIME I ADVENTURED BY MYSELF..TOOK HIM A LITTLE BIT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO WALK ON, BUT, HE DID IT!!!
WOW, JAN DO YOU THINK HE WILL GET ANY TALLER??I SURE HOPE SO, HE NEEDS TO FILL OUT, MY VET CAME OUT THE OTHER DAY, SAID HE LOOKS GREAT, PERFECT WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH I WOULD LIKE HIM TO BE A LITTLE HEAVIER, HE SAID NO, BECAUSE OF THE ISSUE WITH HIM AS A BABY, AND THE LAMENESS HE HAD..BUT, SINCE WE ARE WORKING A LITTLE NOW, HE WILL HOPEFULLY GAIN SOME MUSCLE..

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Sally,I will see if i can find a back man around me,it cant hurt to try that,i will let you know what happens.Thanks again.

sally
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 155
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just hope it helps, it can be so frustrating when you can't find the cause of lameness, good luck.

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 03:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, glad things are going well with training. He looks like he will out some more, but looks good now.

Judy, I had a horse massage/chiropractor work on one of my horse's backs one. I actually heard a snap when she used her elbow to massage/align him. He jumped slightly, and then let out a big sigh. After that, he moved a lot better. Hope it helps.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 409
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT..WE ACTUALLY DID REALLY WELL THE OTHER NIGHT, WALKED AROUND THE WHOLE INDOOR ARENA, DID TURNS, STOPPED AND BY OURSELVES!!!MY HUSBAND STOOD IN MIDDLE OF RING, AND WATCHED US..I WAS SO DARN IMPRESSED ALL WE DID WAS WALK, BUT THATS ALL I WANT TO DO RIGHT NOW..I WILL WORK ON TURNING, WALKING ON, HE WAS GETTING BETTER, ALTHOUGH WASNT SURE WHAT THAT MEANT BY WALK ON,HAD TO KEEP KICKING HIM TO MOVE FORWARD, HE DID GET IT AFTER AWHILE, BUT THIS IS NORMAL FOR THEM RIGHT??I AM MOVING AT A GOOD PACE RIGHT??I JUST DONT WANT TO RUSH ANYTHINNG, HE IS YOUNG, AND STILL GROWING SO JUST WANT TO TAKE IT SLOW, WHAT DO YOU THINKG??I KNOW YOU DO THIS ALOT..

sally
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy I think your doing a great job with him by the sounds of things. Getting the basics right at the beginning will only help you later down the line when he is more mature. I also think it is important for you to feel comfortable on him before going any further otherwise he will sense your anxiety. Just by walking around you will form a bond between you and you will learn to trust each other. Keep up the good work!

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,i hope its as easy as that!!,I called the equine chiro but he is in seattle working on horses up there so when he gets back he will call me,Thanks for the idea of the chiro.

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 1350
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, one thing I recently read (I actually posted a site where I read it-on training tips) that it is best to have our 2 year olds x-rayed to see if their plates are closed before we ride them. I know we are supposed to ride when they are two years old and it is done all the time, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

But what you are doing sounds good. I have not started a horse under saddle, but I have worked with them on the ground. Are you able to raise up a little and lean forward to encourage him to move forward? Anyway, sounds like he is a nice boy.

Judy, I hope so too.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 410
Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 09:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR ENCOURGMENT. THIS REALLY HELPS ME OUT ALOT!!THANKS SALLY FOR THAT COMPLIMENT, IAM REALLY ENJOYING WORKING WITH MY LITTLE GUY, ITS FRUSTRATING AT TIMES, HE DOES KNOW HOW TO GET TO ME, BUT I KEEP MY COOL.. YES YOUR RIGHT SALLY, I DO THINK ITS IMPORTANT FOR ME TO FEEL COMFTORABLE HE WILL SENSE IT, THATS WHY I WANT TO JUST WALK AROUND DO CIRCLES BEOFRE I GO ANY FURTHER WITH HIM..THANK YOU.
CJ, I HAVE READ THAT BEFORE AND I REMEMBER MY DENTIST MENTION THIS TOO..HE CAME OUT EARLY TO CHECK HIM..I CAN LEAN FORWARD I WILL TRY THIS, THANKS

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, I am sooooo impressed. You are brave. I have saddled Nova and walked him on a lead but would LOVE to get on his back. I talked with a trainer that I like his handling of horses and has been trained by Pat Parelli. Talked about this fall training for about 2 months. What did you do before you got on and then how did you get to get on.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 411
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi kay, thanks it has been alot of work, and i have enjoyed every bit of it.just getting him ready was enjoyable..i started right before i got on, just lunging him alot with saddle and stirrups flapping all the time..then my husband had him and i got on..just sat on him and got off, 2nd and 3rd time, got on and off, then stayed on , walked around a circle with my husband holding him at all times..wasnt until day 10 i rode by myself and i only walk, stop and turns. no trotting or anything like that.. i do that on the lunge line without me on him.. not ready for all that yet. he has been a real treat to work with, he does have his moments though..i only work him about 20 min. at a time, no more..but it is nice that i have my husband to help me, he has done this before, and fate really respects him, so this helps alot..
can nova w/t on a lunge line with saddle?? do you have any new pics of nova, would love to see them, it is so nice to hear from you, couldnt waitt to see how you were doing..

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 460
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Having a hard time teaching him to lunge. Any suggestions. I have a round pen and trying to get him to go in the circle but I just don't have the whatever to get him to move. He most of the time just stays in place. I even pop him a little and he just stands there. He's very laid back which I wanted but not very motivated to move. I have saddled him and walked him on a lead. No problem.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, he is laid back..fate was like that too, didnt want to move, didnt know what i was asking.have you tried free lunging him??thats what i would do, in the round pen, with a lunge whip, and i used like a cow stick but with a topper or like the clinton anderson ones..they make a popping sound and you dont have to use it on them..but, you have to be able to get them to move first.i started with this free lunging then attached the lunge line..anything to get him moving do..i have faith in you, i know you can do this..what does he do when you crack the whip? on the ground when you make that popping sound, will he move then??thats what i would try.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty much and he does NOTHING. I tried putting a white plastic bag on the end and that helped some. I even put his momma in there with him (like circus horses) and they ran around together a little. Then he stopped and would not go another step.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 462
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, has he ever tried to buck or run off with you? Are you an experienced rider?

sally
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 04:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay when ever I start a young horse off on the lunge I always have someone else with me walking on the outside of the horse until they understand what you are asking of them. They are normally quick to learn and then I slowly have the other person walking at a greater distance away from the horse until they stop completely, this has been quite useful especially with these laid back ones.Good luck

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 413
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kay, yes he has tried to buck and run off with me, on the lung line..not lately though, but, when he does buck, iam usually at a fair distance that i can control him and pull him back to me, this is one thing i can say is a MUST, you have to stay at a good distance from these guys, this is the first time in years i have lunged a horse, ihave been riding 30 + years, and never lunged a horse, this is al bran new to me..i have learned that lunging can be very useful,esp. with these young ones, learning respect and voice commands..a couple months ago he was really bad at bucking and trying to run off, when he did do this i keept him going on the line pull him in get him out of the buck, isnt hard to do, but i had to keep at it..i did do it the way sally did it, and this does work..esp since you have a round pen,getting him in there will be very helpful, do you have anyone at home that can help you?? i think the best way that i found to be helpful in the round pen, was before i started any work with him, i free lunged him..this got him settled down, and i felt comftorable i could put him at a safe distance from me with lunge whip..defintly have someone with you if you can..i would say i have alot of experience at riding, but raising these guys, i have never did..so this is all so new to me, i was nervous getting on fate, still am a little..but once iam on him, i feel i can do this, i dont focus on being afraid,i know i cant be nervous he will sence this..even working with him, lunge and all, its scary at times, always watching what he will do next, but kay we know these guys, we raised them from birth, we can do this!!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow!! Good information, you guys. My husband is usually not too helpful with the horse training but maybe I can convince him to help a little. I am not that great of a rider but I would LOVE to be the first one on his back. Maybe its not worth it. I don't need to get hurt. I'm 57 years old and don't bounce so good on the ground. My farrier and my trainer were very complimentary of my horses and my colt. So well behaved, calm, used to handling, taking cues without nervousness, etc. I was real proud, not knowing a thing about raising a baby. This site is a gold mine of information.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 414
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kay,that is great that your guys are so well behaved, even nova.. he does sound like a real laid back colt, do you feel comftorable around him??do you get nervous? your right, this is a very informative website..i would make sure before you get on him,if you are, that he knows how to lunge at walk,trot pretty good..with saddle and all, this is why i felt comftorable on fate, he was soo good on the lunge line at the commands, he has weight on his back, so thats what i would do, it is a good feeling when your the first to get on him, but very scary too.i wasnt the first to get on fate, the mexican guy was..i was too nervous, i didnt want to get bucked off thats for sure...so if you do, make sure you have someone there to hold him in case he does something, someone is holding him..but you have a while before you do this, right? i do give you credit at raising nova, i too knew nothng about raising a baby, whole new world to me, so glad i did it, arent you??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 464
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I wouldn't give anything for going thru the pregnancy, first moments and training.( wish I had gotten to see the birth), but I doubt I will ever do it again. Sooooo much time and worry but soooo glad I did it once. Yes, He sometimes is in a mood I don't trust. He does not totally respect my space and if he gets a little spooked or anxious he is prone to run into me. He also has felt his oats occasionly in the round pen and kicked out. I'm well away but could have been dangerous. Going to try the round pen today. He did a little better Tues. Walked calmly in both directions but had a hard time getting him to trot and lope. It was HOT in Texas. Yes, definitely I will do more with him before I attempt "the ride".

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 415
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

isnt that the truth, i wouldnt give anything either, that was the most awsom experience ever!!but i will not do this again either, too much work, and training is hard..i bet it is hot there, its in the upper 90's here lately, hard to work with them in this heat, i havent worked with fate for a week now..it still is really hot and humid at night, i will ride him tomorrow and let you know how this goes, hopefully good...thats great he walked calmly in both directions, he sounds really laid back, please show me a pic of you and him all saddles up:-)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a station on cable TV called RFD tv and I watched a program from Julie Goodnight. She cautioned handling them TOO MUCH when they are babies. You go to scratch their butts and they learn to lean into pressure. She worked with an owner of a yearling on halter breaking, leading, and getting the filly not to balk or crowd her space. Just the program I needed.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 416
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kay love that channel, i like to watch clinton anderson on that, hes on there alot, i tvo taped one of his lessons all about teaching ground work and respect issues, you would have liked that one, have you seen any of his videos??he is very easy to follow..

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 466
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Cindy, I believe he's actually my favorite trainer. I tape all of his, parrelli, and goodnight. I have a wonderful book by Clinton that takes two riders who are having problems and he and they discuss each step of his training process and the common mistakes. Its a great book.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 417
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you know the name of that book? i would lke to read it..he is actually comeing to pa in july, was thinkin about going to see him..and he is in this years road to the horse, thats going to be so interesting to see, wish i could see that!!i also like stacey westfall, have you seen her riding bridless and bareback??wow, what a performance, wish me and fate could do that, maybe one lol:-) ihope he will be that gentle as her qh..wish i had a air conditioned arena, need to work with him tonight, it is soo darn hot here, 100 degress.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 418
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here we are at day 13 of riding or in the saddle.. i love my little appy so much, he did throw a little buck a couple of times, nothing big at all..all we did was walk, turn a little, we ponyied him tonight, he was sooo good..
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_9035.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_9033.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_9037.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/108_9036.jpg[/IMG]

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2737
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi girls! Love hearing all you tales of success and trials! I am just starting my July 2007 filly undersaddle. She is a Paso Fino and they are slow growers so I wait till they are 3 to put much weight on. Lots of ponying on the trail with saddle and such and ground driving in a bit. Kay...as far as Nova and his refusing to move his feet when asked might become a problem if he continues to be succesful at that. So in the round pen I would work him hard till you ask him to stand. Tie a flag at the end of a lunge whip....or a plastic bag and keep after his hip to move his feet at the pace you want. In the beginning you might have to over exaggerate your motions, put the pressure on till he moves and then back off a bit reapplying pressure, noise slapping you side or flicking the whip as neccessary to move his feet. I find with the young ones that "love" us so much that we have to be big and run at the hip some and teach them that you are the boss out there. Think of horse behaviour....you don't have ears and a tail to switch but the run at each other and they know body language. Good luck :-)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 467
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, he looks really calm....head is level not up in the air. You look great!!! Thanks, Jan for the helpful hints. I feel like I'm doing those but still a little balky. I'll keep working. THe book is Clinton Anderson's Downunder Horsemanship establishing respect and control for english and western riders.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 419
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks kay, he really is a great little guy!!!for just being 2, he acts like he really wants to please me..i think i might get that book, sounds good, and i really like him...
any new pics of you and nova??? or anybody else??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 468
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what got into Nova today. My 11 year old granddaughter and 2 friends came today to see the horses. He started chasing them in the pasture and they got really scared. I guess he was playing but have never seen him act like that. He would push them up against the fence. He never does that to me. I guess he knows he better not. Here I was saying how laid back he was and this was totally out of character. So I tied him up and one girl at a time came and brushed him.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 420
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!!That doesnt sound like your little guy at all!!what got into him??i bet that scared you too hugh? i have a gelding like that, hes now 28, but he doesnt like women, and has attacked young girls just like that, but he has always been like that, nova, thats different? he was much better when you tied him up?he never had his ears pinned back did he??i think he was playing..fate just bites, i always have to tell people that, darn boy never got out of this horribel habbit...he really was good tonight, did some walking, little turning thats all..nothing big

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 469
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No the ears were never pinned but he did resemble kind of that stallion behavior or dominance and pushing. He was gelded LONG ago. He was fine when he was tied and for brushing. Nova likes to nibble....my hair, shoes, coat, even my palm. I discourage it cuz I could lead to a hard nip. That is great about Fate and his training. Wow!!! Wish I had that much under my belt.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 421
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi kay, thats great he never pinned his ears back, he was just playing!!fate is a serious nibbler, i really have to break this horrible habit..i would really love to see pics of that cute boy..here is fate and me, it was soo hot here,100 deg.i didnt put saddle on my little man, so barebacked him, which was nice..
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_9166.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_9178.jpg[/IMG]

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 470
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOOK AT YOU!!!! I am impressed about you being bareback. Its getting mighty hot here too. Its finally stopped raining but I'm not complaining. Last two years have been a drought in Texas. My horses look WAY too fat and I just give them some Purina mineral feed and all this grass. I may have to start limiting their grazing. I'll try to get some pics of Nova up. You're doing really well Cindy. You must be so proud of your boy.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 422
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks so much kay!!!iam very proud of my little man,i know we are moving really slow, but dont want to push him, he is doing fine at this level, and he is still growing..i had to start feeding hay this early, we are in a drought now, now rain in 3 weeks, and hot and dry, nobody has any grass..ihate to have to feed hay this early, cant remember when we had to do this, been so long..cant wait to see your boy..
wonder how judy is doing??havent heard from her lately..

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Girls,Cindy you look good riding your boy,i cant wait tell chenoa and i are doing the same. He has gotten alot better with his lameness cant ahardly see any anymore,so we will give him a little while longer to rest and start his training again.I have no idea what was wrong with him but ill take this kind that goes away on its own.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 423
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 06:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi judy, thats great hes getting better!!did he get any bigger?he looked like he was going to be stocky?as you can see, fate didnt get the stocky build like his mom...but he still has time to grow up..cant wait to see pics!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 471
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, girls. Yesterday, I nearly wanted to sell ALL MY HORSES. I went trail riding with a friend on my place and Topi, the baby's momma, was soooo barn sour she gave me LOTS of trouble and I'm not that sure of myself anyway. She eventually started bucking, running off with me and rearing. I was just trying to make her STOP and circle a tree. I was really afraid. It seems like I take one step forward and two back. I did stay on and stopped her but I don't think I will ever be able to ride a "green" baby. Cindy, I don't think you are going slow at all just making the experience pleasant for both of you.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay,i know what u went threw with topi,dice was always a good girl out by her self ,UNTELL....she had chenoa,she acted the same way and i haven't been out on her by herself again, very scary,having the baby's really changes them.Its funny chenoa can go out by himself just fine.
Cindy,i will put pictures of chenoa on soon.keep up the good work,i called the trainer today and told him to come on back and start working with noie again.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 424
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi girls, please dont give up!!!these guys really know how to push you to the limit..
kay, i would definitly just ride topi in some kind of round pen, or riding ring?? for now at lease, until you get more comftorable, and she calms down, i know that sounds silly, but when cricket gets like that, little sour, i just ride her couple weeks in riding ring, and we get it out of her..but esp. now you dont feel comftorable, i would still ride her,but, dont trail ride for right now..thats great you stayed on, i know you had to be afraid, was that the first time she did that to you?? do you have plans on someone breaking nova??

WSTRNPLEASUREPAINTS
Weanling
Username: Jmshowhorses

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice 2 yr. olds, If anyone is in need of a GREAT trainer, that trains World Winning Quarter type colts, at an AFFORDABLE rate, you can contact him through facebook if you would like, and check out some videos of his (current) 2 yr. olds one he beat an AQHA 2008 World Champion on last week with a total of 45 days training. He has told me he would be VERY open to appaloosas! Oh by the way he has ONLY taken 1sts this season on ALL of his clients colts, he is going to the APHA, and AQHA World Shows this fall, and his prices will go up! If you book now you are locked in at $600.00 a month for 2011 as well. WITH NO SHOWING FEES! You can add him by my E-MAIL which is ... johnny@morganperformancehorses.com to your friends on facebook if you are interested
Thank You, or you can contact me his booking agent, KENDA at (417)298-3739.. He has only a few openings left for the 2011 show season, so I would book now, I think you will agree when you see what an AMAZING trainer he is!
Thanks Again! www.morganperformancehorses.com

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 425
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks wp for the info, that sounds like its a great offer..here is me and fate, my little guy..
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_9194.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_9209.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_9190.jpg[/IMG]

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy that is sooooo cool seeing you on your lil man,hard to believe 2 yrs has past,keep up the great work.love the pictures,fate looks very comfortable with you riding him .

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 426
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks judy, its hard to believe that they are 2,isnt it??he really does look comfortable and relaxed, we are moving in the right direction i hope..he is my little man thats for sure...any pics anyone????

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 472
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, I can't believe how far you've come with him. I've been really working with nova's momma to get more comfortable trail riding. If I get secure enough with MY riding then I might get Nova trained and try to ride him. You look like you are doing it just right. Nice and slow and not too many skills at once. I'll try to get pictures tonight and post tomorrow.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 427
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi kay, thanks:-)yea, we are defintly taking it nice and slow.thats great your working with momma, i think you will get there, the more you do the more you get comfy..i sure hope you do get a chance to rie that boy, after you get him trained, do you have someone in mind??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 473
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I've talked to many people about who they reccommend and this couple is who I hear the best about. So he came out and trimmed my horses so I could talk to him and she gave me a lesson and I really like their attitude with me and my horses. Both have had lots of training themselves, mostly Pat Parelli, but others , too. They are calm, interested in the horses benefit, complimentary, etc.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 474
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's Nova!!!
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/DSC01748.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/DSC01729.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/CECdespookclinic3Apr10-Kaywith colt3.jpg

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 428
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, i just love those pics!!!!what a beauty, he really looks good!!you have to be so proud of him..what a beautiful barn you have, and pretty pastures, ours is so burnt right now, with it being so hot and no rain for weeks, had to start feeding hay early..grass just isnt growing..
are you on facebook? i just startd using this and love it..its alot like this..

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Cindy , I'm on facebook. I'll look you up to be my friend. Yes, this year we have had some good rain. Last two years were a horrible drought. We even had prayer meetings to pray for rain. God is good and does things in his own time, but he does listen.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 476
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, would you try to look me up. Its Kay Brinkman Jones and Nova laying down is my profile pic. I looked you up and there is 112 with your name. Not sure of your picture.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cindy and Kay,Both of your boys have turned out so nice,I will have to put some pitures up of chenoa again as soon as i remember how.lol.Its been fun talking with you two for the last couple of years,keep up the good work.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 477
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Judy. Yes, we three have really developed a friendship and never even met. That's what's great about this site.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 91
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay,cindy i dnt travel,so if you two are ever out in california( centeral coast) i would love to meet you.chenoa's lameness is pretty much gone now,so i had the trainer out tuesday and we are starting him again. pictures coming soon.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 429
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow, iam so excited for you judy..i also agree, we really have formed a friendship on this site, would also love to meet you both..california, and texas and maryland..we are really spread out arent we?? i really do love talking to both of you about our guys, they mean so much to us, and it brings a smile to my face when i check the posts and see you guys have posted!!
kay i will look right now on face book

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 478
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same here. I always look forward to seeing posts from you two, too. Rode Topi this evening and we are doing soooo well. Meeting a group at our City arena tomorrow evening.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 430
Posted on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey guys, judy cant wait to see some pics of nova!!fate was a real monster last night, that little stinker..just bad attitude all around..bolting, wouldnt listen for nothing..try again tonight..wow, judy starting the trainng thats going to be fun, hope you enjoy it also..its nice to be able to work and have fun with these guys...
kay,so glad i found you on facebook.you and topi will do just fine.wish i could meet with people and ride, dont have anybody around here to do that,only if i want to jump or do dressage, i dont think so!!my little pleasure guy is all i want..

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 574
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys! Finally got some pix of my 2 year old...he's not being broke yet...he's a big friesien sport horse and still a growing boy, so we are letting his bones completely finish growing before doing any breaking....so he's just being a kid right now.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_bones2.jpg?t=1279969546

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_bones1.jpg?t=1279969546

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/kwpeavy/th_Bones.jpg?t=1279969546

He is really starting to be a fantastic mover too...his trot is to die for and his canter is coming around nicely...this of course just observed while in the paddock goofing around...haha

Tahra Roberts
Neonate
Username: Tahrar

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone:-) It has been way to long. Sky is now 2 1/2 and standing at 15.1hh. He is still short coupled but starting to show some growth in his leangth. He is still a stallion and so far he is living up to my expectations. I have been working on his ground maners, free lunging, (I don't want to put much strain in his joints) and ground driving. I also have been on him bare back and we have walked around the arena and over poles on the ground. He has never taken a bad step or tryed to buck. The worst problem we have is stoping and standing, he sees no point in it and wants to head back out as soon as posible. His joints are still open but I got the ok from the vet who agred with me that as long as we only "ride" for 15min and only a few times a week we would be ok. I wanted to take advantage of the nice "baby" mentalety before to much stud shwed up. He has taken 3 reserv champions and 2 champions in halter the last two years so I am very proud of him. If all continues well I am planing to breed him to one of my mares next year and then next fall realy start working on his under saddle training. The breeding and what he produces is one of his last tests to stay a stallion. If all is well he stays, if he dosent stamp the foals well or they are just average than I will geld him. He is dual registerd and I am looking into geting a sport horse registry with him as well so I am hoping he does well. He is still out with the geldings and they keep him in line but we have to keep him of all fences that have a mare on the other side and we have a stud field for him when one of the mares goes into heat. She is a escape artest and a jumper and she will do anything to be with him. She is the one he will cover next year. I have photos of him and will post them soon but my computer is having a hard time opening this site so I am posting from my phone now. My fingers are starting to hurt LOL.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2751
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 04:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love these updates! Congratulations Tahra! Sounds like he is doing super. Take a look on the thread for 2007 and you will see my 3 year old and how mellow she is. That was only her fourth time with someone in the saddle. We waited till she turned 3 to start anything serious. Like you lots of ground work, ponying and ground driving....does a young horse good. Can't wait to see pics!

Tahra Roberts
Neonate
Username: Tahrar

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I finally got the computer to open this site:-) These are some photos of Sky from a few weeks ago. The one with the pink panther was in late winter. He would take him for a ride around the arena and when the panther would fall off he would turn around and pick him up by the ear. The photo of the mare jumping is the one I want to breed to him next year. She is a registered Apendix and has fantastic movement as well as a jump. Don't mind my sisters face, she was a little surprised with the jump that Silky gave her. Let me know what you all think. I think he is great but Iím a little partial to him. lol
http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/BigSkyCacao/

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2752
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a magnificent boy! Very handsome! I think he and your mare would make a beautiful cross!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US