SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

OFFICIALLY A YEARLING!! WOO HOO

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » OFFICIALLY A YEARLING!! WOO HOO « Previous Next »

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock
Username: Starr

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hay all. How is everyone doing? I totally love all the new babies everyone is having. They are all so Pretty. I thought I would share my stud colt Joker. He is OFFICIALLY A YEARLING!! WOO HOO. He is so handsome. I love him so much. His attitude is great. He knows his place around humans.

[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-201016.jpg[/IMG]
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-20105.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-20107.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-20109.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-201014.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww113/tpmining/5-11-201015.jpg[/IMG]

Enjoy.

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A buckskin-one of my very favorite colors! He is developing well. What do you plan to do with him?

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, hes getting gelded first. Than hes going to be our trail horse. Sorry, hes not a buckskin. Hes a Dun Roan. I had to take a picture of him from my cell phone because my camera broke. The lense cracked and the shutters wont open. I think one of the kids dropped it. Knowbody will confess. I guess the tree faries dropped it. HAHA

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 3370
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he' slooking very nice vanessa! you should be proud!
Your kids and mine must be related

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Diana. I am wondering Does Joker look alright to ya all. I only wonder because he is our first baby and not real sure if he is growing like he should be. Did any of you find anything wrong by any chance? Is he small for a yearling. His neck looks funny. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Paige D
Yearling
Username: Realrush89

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His neck looks fine to me, although he's a bit thick through the throatlatch area (which a lot of QH-type horses are). The one thing that stands out to me is that he's back at the knees. Some call it "calf-kneed".

Cyndi
Yearling
Username: Jusblve

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's a beauty and very comparable with my yearlings. One is a medicine hat paint colt and then his half sister is a solid gray. I also have a TN Walker filly but she's a bit smaller. He looks like he'll make a wonderful trail horse. Very majestic

Ad TB
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's a wonderful colour, his shape looks good, nice and close coupled, like a typical QH, nice and fast looking. He does however look back of his knee. The easiest way to describe is if you look at the side on picture of him his front leg bends backwards at his knee like a banana. I do think he'll make a lovely trail horse

Vanessa Pierce
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all, I will have to take more pictures because his legs dont look like that out in the pasture. I thought it was because he was getting trimmed at the time and he moved. Will his legs looking like that hinder him in any way when I start him under saddle next year? Am I going to have to take is slower on trailes with him? Are there things I wont or shouldnt be able to do with him?
In the mean time I will get more pictures. I really should look at his legs better. I thought he was normal.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US