SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I know this doesnt belong on this site but needing help badly! please help me!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » I know this doesnt belong on this site but needing help badly! please help me! « Previous Next »

Mary Greer
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgirlup07

Post Number: 233
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 08:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have around 10 wild (domestic/bobcat crosses) cats. we were catching them to send to their new home and one that i cought whom is normally a fairly sweet tom cat went phyco on me and bit me. keep in mind i have handled all these cats some and when cought settle down quickly, but for some reason or another he went mean and bit and scratched me. the bite was so severe that i could not move let alone use my first and middle fingers plus thumb. it sweeled about 3x normal size and i went to the hospital and got a tetnus booster and antibiotics. 3 days later still unable to use it after following strict instructions from the er doctor, i went back in because i ended up pulling 4 worms from the inner bite and 2 from the bite closest to my thumb. i was told that i was lying and sent home. when i got home,this part is odd i know, i cut my own finger open because i could feel and see the worms moving in the bite wound (the bite itself is to the bone and broke my finger) i pulled out an overall total of 18 worms between the 2 holes the cats teeth left. they are little bitty worms barely visable but i could see that they all had reddish looking tails with brownish/grey heads. called health dept and theyve never heard of this with cat bites and the vet didnt know either i dont have them anymore so i cannot show the vets anything, they were moving and very much alive when pulled them out. im almost certain ive got them all out but what could this be? i have also been sick off and on since it happened. occasional fever, cold-sweats, severe pain to the effected area and the rest of my arm, and severe nausia. the emergency room nurse said all they could do is give me tetnus shot and thats it. animal control has not contacted me because the cat is in the country and the sheriffs dept has also not contacted me. this cat has never had any vaccines and is showing a couple signs off and on of distemeper and rabies both. im unsure of what to do and apparently this is an odd case... any advice? please help if you can. i know this kind of thing can be fatal but cant find help anywhere else not even on cat forums... thank you for your time. again im sorry i know this site is not for cats but im desperate..

Cjskip
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary, I have no idea what this could be, but I do know that cat bites are serious and require antibiotics.

The only thing I can offer, is to search medical sites for your symptoms and the worms you saw.

I do remember a case on T.V. where a person had gotten infected with a larva, which then hatched into worms, which he could see under the skin.

Sounds horrible. Hope you can get some answers.

Cindy Holland
Breeding Stock
Username: Iagrl

Post Number: 146
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary, I think the cat should be taken to the vet so they can they can determine if the cat has rabies. The cat should be put down if needed. How does the site look now? Is the site red and swollen? Can you feel and use your fingers now?? If not, you need surgery on your hand. You probably have nerve damage, among other things. I would make sure you tell the doctor the symptoms you are experiencing, the temps etc. I would be worried about rabies. I would be pissed that the doctor or hospital staff told me I was lying about the worms. I'm thinking that Cjskip is right about getting infected with larva that hatched. The cat might have had something on its teeth that got into your skin.

Be persistent with the doctor. I hope you can figure this out.

Mary Greer
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgirlup07

Post Number: 235
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you for you fast responces. the wound beeteween the first and middle finger is healing nicely, the outer wound by my thumb still looks really bad and can see my bone, i have partial use of it now but its still swollen, red, has heat in both spots and throughout the whole hand, it is really stiff also, because of the 2nd doctor not wanting to listen (the first doc took good care of it but didnt check for breaks) i ended up resetting the bone myself which ive done with nearly every broken finger ive had, it made it a little better but not much. its bad enough i can barely type on a computer, this and other messages im posting from my cell phone so i can use my opposite thumb to type. i am going to try to get to my normal doctor monday or tuesday over in Ada and have it looked at. thanks again for your fast replies!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2785
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This topic is now closed. As noted in the title, it didn't belong here. Anyone with further input or interest can contact the OP directly via the e-mail address they provide in their profile (click on their name to get to the profile).

Please post only equine reproduction topics! There are bulletin boards out there for personal illnesses - this isn't one!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US