SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Any sites as good as this one for equine health issues?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Any sites as good as this one for equine health issues? « Previous Next »

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 821
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for a good site, with a moderator who is educated in general equine health and disease, issues. I have a gelding with an infection and have heard varying opinions, but nothing that sounds very concrete. Anyway, please let me know if one exists. Thanks.

Beth
Yearling
Username: Beth13

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cjskip, I am also looking for other forums that have the same great structure as this one, but relate to different aspects of horses, and I tell you, I haven't found one. However www.horsesring.com is pretty good. It is more of a social site but there is some very knowledgeable people from all over the world there, and they have a wide varity of topics. What infection does your gelding have?

PS- if you check it out, my user name on horsesring is WildSpirit. Just if you're interested.

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 1469
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it from getting gelded or is it another problem? Does he have a tempature?

Sherri Baker
Neonate
Username: Sherrib

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried out the manestreet.com it used to be an awesome awesome site a few years ago, but recently I go back on there, and it was so friggen awful I recieved really ignorant reply's and was berated and mocked so I cannot suggest a good site but i can warn you off that one! it is really cliquey and they don't seem to welcome new comers.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 956
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 09:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: Go to thehorse.com

Its a great equine health site. I don't know if they actually have a forum, but they have articles about anything and everything under the sun. Great reference material.

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can second thehorse.com sign up for their newsletter as well its very good

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 824
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks All!! I'll try the two sites mentioned and Avoid the lame one. What is the matter with people on internet that they would ridicule someone? Stupid.

As it turns out, my 8 year old gelding, Kir, has a staph inf. of the face. Nothing serious, just hurts him and looks awful, with little open places around his jaw, cheek and muzzle. But I'm cleaning it with an antimicrobial shampoo that the vet approved of, neosporin and of course, antibiotics. It is responding very well.

And he had some kind of an allergic thing going on. There were hard lumps all along his neck. He looked awful and felt worse!

Thanks again all. I have to run. My little dog is overdue for shots and has an appt. I must not miss. Take care and if anyone finds another site, please add here. I will as well, if I come across one.

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 359
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying the horsering.com site also, but sure miss this website-- its sooo easy and I feel like I know you all. But I'm starting to have questions not related to reproduction. I've snuck in a few training and health questions on this website but know this is not what its for.

Wade & Becky McDougall
Nursing Foal
Username: Malone

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

horseadvice.com is a petty good site for equine injuries/diseases and is monitored by a vet.

Beth
Yearling

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay, what is your user name on horsesring? That is if you don't mind sharing of course!! The thing I like most about horsesring is that is a social site, however in saying that Jos has made this site unique because it isn't, so hats off to Jos everyone!

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi , Beth, its kaybjones on that one too. I don't go on that one as often as this one, cuz I have really gotten attached to "friends" here. I'm sure if I start using that site I will get friends there also.

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 325
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the yahoo group equine veterinary medicine. It is monitored my techs and vets.

Beth
Yearling

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm also attached to my friends here too, but horsesring really is quite friendly. I love the chat room on it, Jos should set one up on here too.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock
Username: Mariana_cremonte

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 08:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, I just registered at horsesring, my users name there is my mare´s name, Arasumi.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US