SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I cant stop thinking about it!!!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » I cant stop thinking about it!!! « Previous Next »

Erica Morgan
Breeding Stock
Username: America

Post Number: 503
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BLAH! all i can think about is Sandy and her having a baby! I know she isnt pregnant, its far to long for that. But OMG i just wont stop thinking she is! My brain knows she isnt but my heart just wont listen! some one tell me how i can forget about the whole non exist pregnancy thing!!!
I wont be able to breed her for a few years, or until next year. But that means i still have to wait a year. And for some dumb reason i feel like when i come home she will have a baby and i will be oh so happy! HOW DO I GET THAT OUT OF MY MIND! Im going to be happy to see her and i know it! but i also know after i give her love im going straigt for the stomach! I NEED HELP!!!!

Phyllis Schroder
Breeding Stock
Username: Shadowbend

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica,

My best advice is you do what I've been doing this year. Live vicariously through others.
Visit the board as often as possible and read all the stories an check out all the foal pics and happenings.
I know I dearly miss not having any foals this year but it certainly helps to be able to admire everyone elses and see how they are doing and all the antics they are up to.
Hang in there, you'll make it.

Erica Morgan
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 506
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phyllis thanks!
I sure hope i do.
man i want a foal so bad.
But now im going to use others foals to make me happy! lol

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 278
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm doing the same as Phyllis.

My mare had her first foal last year, and I didn't rebreed because it was a fairly difficult foaling, and she retained a peice of the placenta. So I gave her the year off, and bred her to my new stallion for an early February 2009 foal. I really wish I was having a foal this year, but with 4 next year, I'm sure I'll be busy :P

So I just check in on the foaling boards, and entertain myself there :-)

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 317
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica, I know how you feel. I bred my older mare for two years in a row and she never got pregnant but I thought I saw all kinds of signs, bag getting bigger( it was just some edema withthe heat, I guess). Then I bought a pregnant Topi and she lost the baby at 6 months, so had to wait another breeding season and 11 MORE MONTHS. BUT.....Nothing great comes easy....We had Nova. So .... it took about 3-4 years and he's special. Hope this helps and waiting sure is hard!

Erica Morgan
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 507
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone!
I do plan on breeding Sandy in a few years. So i guess i will just have to wait...

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kris

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too am with you, I havent had a foal around here for 2 years, I was supposed to have one last year from the new mare I bought, but she had lost it... so no baby.... but I decided I had to do it this year since the stallion I have wanted a foal from for 3 years is getting gelded... I will find out today if she is bred :-) I have used this repro board and marestare to get me by!

Marilyn Lemke - Asia born 7-11-08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1694
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Kris, I hope your mare is pregnant. Please let us know as soon as you can, I'm anxious to for you. I pray you get good news!

Marilyn Lemke - Asia born 7-11-08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1695
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica, I know how badly you wanted a foal... it's so difficult to wait. It takes a ton of patience, of which I have little, so I completely understand how you feel. I believe I'll be in your shoes next year, since my mares don't seem to get pregnant. But in a way, that's okay, Dora really took the wind out of my breeding right now, maybe forever, who knows. It was a horrible thing to go through, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

But I wouldn't let that discourage anyone from breeding, this type of thing doesn't happen that often...

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn~My mre is confirmed in foal via ultrasound! the big surprise though is she was 21/22 days along not the 16 days we expected to see.... so the vet said she took on her first breeding date not the last !!!!!!! :-) yeahhh
and thank you Marilyn for the prayers and well wishes...I should add a note that I check in on your thead to check on your babys progress.... I wish you well!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I guess that means even though I am not expecting I will have to be checking in to see what the stork brings you next year! Jericho watch out!

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh Jericho will be Mr Jealous! He and his sister Precious fight over the attention... and Lily (the pregnant one) is the biggest attention monger... and since she is up in the pecking order she gets it... boy will she not be happy when people come to see her baby and not her!!! :-) LOL thank you for the congrats!!! I am excited.... now the color will be the next exciting part!!! only a 25% chance on each of 4 colors... red dun, palomino, dunolino, or a sorrel... (anything but the sorrel is good!)
well I will be on alot come about may 1st!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 656
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 02:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is so funny! When I saw this thread, I thought, "Oh no, not another dead foal or mare!" I didn't want anyone to have had to go through that. Then I read your post, Erica, and had to laugh! I'm really taking all this too seriously lately!

I have the same thought as you, as I've not rebred my mare yet. I don't want her to go through a hot summer heavy with foal, yet I'm already thinking about things like fans and what not, to help her through it. I'm afraid the fever has bit and there is no cure!

You might have to buy a pregnant mare-or lease one! HaHa! I'm considering it.

But sounds like we'll have some company at the very least.

It is fun seeing all the foals as they grow. I need to post more pics of my guy. He is looking like a real horse now that he is sheding. I'm really going to miss the little shit, but his mama will thank me when he is weaned!

What an experience this has been. I'm even looking into a community college that teaches reproduction and so on. I might like to have a tiny foaling farm.

I know some of the people here are old timers and have visited this board each year. It will be fun to be a part of it next year, even if I don't have an early 2009 foal. Probably a very late one though. I know that messes up the whole age thing, but perhaps it won't matter; not to me anyway! I so want a filly out of this mare. I was going to buy her four year old filly, but I was too late. Boo Hoo.

Anyhow, sounds like we won't be along, Erica!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US