SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Baby daddys for 2009, who have you chosen?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Baby daddys for 2009, who have you chosen? « Previous Next »

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 141
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just curious which stallions everybody has selected for their mares for 2009 foals?

You can see all my mares here: http://www.secretambitionstables.com/mares.htm

For Kahlua it will be Fabuleux (http://bridlewoodhanoverians.com/fabuleux.php)

For Trea (Queen Tyree) it will be Escudo II (http://rainbowequus.com/escudo.html)

For Gracie (Diamonds Are Foreverr), Kitty (Arkansas Susie), and Tesora it will be my guy, Bur Dal Lord Solomon (http://www.secretambitionstables.com/burdallordsolomon.htm)

And for Bailey (Roxannah) I am still trying to decide, she didnt take with the one dose of frozen semen I had, so it's currently looking like it could be Opus (http://www.littlebitfarminc.com/id23.html), but not sure of that yet.

What about all of you?

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 288
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I have picked "Huntin For Chocolate" for my two mares this year:
http://www.huntinforchocolate.com/

But, right now my mares seem to be seeing how much of my money they can run up in mare care bills :-)
Neither of them have decided to settle. They are just "monkeying around".

This is "Sarah" aka Serenade By Skip:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z283/catekennedy/PasturePic2.jpg

And this is "Missy" aka Zip Ta Two:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z283/catekennedy/pasturepic3.jpg

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Catherine..have you ever tried the Oxytocin protocol or the drug Settle...one year after 2 AI tries....lots of $$$ in vet bills we used both on the 3rd try and it worked...I know that you have your mares at a reputable breeding farm but just thought I'd throw that out...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1573
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha....you will have a barn full of pretty babies next year...hoping you get them all settled.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 479
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure yet. I want to find a nice Creamello-hoping for a buckskin filly. I think one of my colt's parents carries the buckskin gene. Her baby is a bay, but has the dorsal stripe and a few other tell tale signs.

Anyone have recommendations for a creamello stallion in Central CA? I want one with a very good disposition.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 290
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan,
Thanks for the suggestion but we have already "been there and done that". We are hoping that one (Sarah) has caught this time around. Missy is still wanting to be a "party girl" and won't go out of heat. They have tried about everything with her and the last I knew, we thought that beating our heads on the wall might help :-)
Seriously, we think Missy is still transitioning.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay..then I have fingers and toes crossed that Sarah is "caught" :-) when is the ultrasound? and hopefully Missy will get down to business :-)

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, they bred Sarah (second time around) on May 3rd and May 5th. So we are looking at about a 5/22 ultrasound.
Missy, who knows? That poor child is probably about the weirdest horse I have ever owned. I bought her in Nov of last year ('07) along with Sarah --- Missy sort of got "thrown into" the deal. Missy had a foal in 2006 and they never weaned it so it cause some ligament damage to her udder. She has a crooked foot (caused by an injury --- not genetic) and this is the one I have wrote so much about that absolutely HATES anything else equine (and I mean anything --- stallion, mare, gelding, fat, tall, short, bay, palomino, sorrel ---- it doesnt matter). She honestly thinks she is a people and would go to the house at night with me if I would let her. Its a good thing they AI (I'm sure Huntin For Chocolate is glad too!)

Poor little Missy, she is so messed up (oh yes, and she is a light "cribber" too) that I'll probably never sell her. I don't think anyone would ever understand her. She has become pretty attached to me in the short time that I have had her and so we will see. If nothing else she is really pretty and has good breeding and you can ride her a bit (she actually has some Western Pleasure points) as long as you don't overdo it (bad foot).

Missy keep developing great follicles, just won't go "out".

They hit her with an Oxytocin Injection on 4/30 and also did a uterine infusion (Gen/Pen) that same day. We will see.

(Message edited by cateowen on May 12, 2008)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 142
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan :-) So far we have Tesora and Gracie settled.

I am a huge advocate for oxytocin, after 8 or 9 tries with Tesora, we did the Oxytocin Protocal, and got her settled :D

Catherine- I'm sending prego vibes your way!

CJ- What about Raleigh's Full Moon? I am in Northern California (about 45 minutes out of Sacramento), and have seen this guy at numerous Dressage shows. He has an exceptional temperment as far as I can tell, always a very well behaved guy. My previous trainer was going to breed her Warmblood mare to Raleigh's Full Moon, just because he had such an exceptional temperment (the mare was out of her mind), but for some reason or another decided not to breed her at all. Anyways, here is his page: http://www.moonrockarabians.com/gen-info.html

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 487
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I ought to have mentioned my girl is a Quarter Horse. Not sure how that would work out, with an Arabian. But I thank-you you Samantha.

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 02:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip, he's not an Arabian. The breeders are using him with their Arabs to produce half Arabs that have color. So, he would still work for you :-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raleighs Full Moon is actually QH, lol, I guess they like to cross him on their Arab mares though.

Even though I dont breed QHs, I am a big advocate for this boy's temperment :-)

There is one other Cremello stallion in this area, I am trying to remember his name, and not having a whole lot of luck

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock
Username: Saleste

Post Number: 154
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I picked Shiner Dun It to breed to Poco Bay Jessie (Jessie) this year. He's a perlino (A/A) so I have an 87.5% chance at buckskin, 12.5% chance at palomino. He's a granson of Hollywood Dun It and Shining Spark and a g- grandson of Docs Prescription. I'm super excited!! Todays actually baby making day, so keep your fingers crossed!!
http://www.shinerdunit.com/

will get new pics of Jessie when she comes back from the repro clinic

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1584
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay Saleste~Fingers and Toes crossed that those swimmers find their target!

Mary Greer
Yearling
Username: Cowgirlup07

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have chosen Two Eyed Alibi! I leased him from his owner for breeding and competeing! Anyone interested in breeding to him let me know! He is APHA,Appaloosa,and Pinto approved along with a few other breeds aswell.. Basically any breed of mare bred to him is able to get papers! YAY!!! Him and my grey mare will be meeting SOON! Here are some pics! (He is also a little over 87% foundation)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/Johnsbutt.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/05-13-08_1606.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/05-13-08_1604.jpg

Booking $50 Stud fee $250

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 502
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 02:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, I guess I was just responding to the comment about throwing Arabian type build. But he is certainly worth a second look. Thank-you!

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 309
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DOING A "HAPPY DANCE" THIS MORNING!!!!!!

"Missy" (aka Zip Ta Two, aka "Problem Child") showed up PREGNANT on the ultrasound they did on her yesterday (4/28 breeding date). I am going to wait until they do a "heartbeat" one at the end of the month before I get too "worked up" but I am HAPPY this morning. I have to admit I have thoughts of "what color will it be?" "is it a filly or colt?" already running around my head!!!

Sarah is still "on track" from the 05/03 and 05/05 breedings and I think they will do her first ultrasound sometime next week.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dancing with you...just enjoy the moment Catherine :-) You used the Oxytocin Protocol right? I know that it worked with my mare that was difficult to get pregnant.

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan -- lol! I just have the scene from 'Look Who's Talking' in my head when you say that!

Congratulations Catherine! I find out today whether Jessie ovulated or not. I'm praying so hard that she did. They gave her the first 'dose' of semen yesterday and the second today. I'm so nervous with AI, I've always used live cover before. I hope she takes on the first try, for my wallets sake! I sypmathize with you Catherine, I know it will be buckskin or palomino, but which one?? I'm also torn between whether I want a colt or filly...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay Saleste~I am pulling that your mare ovulated and the little guys found their target!!!! Did they give her that shot to make sure that she ovulated.

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 161
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure, they said they would call me today but I haven't heard from them. Should I call? I don't want to be a pest, but I'm not sure what is expected from me, and Jessie's my baby! The vet I took her to is a repro vet, so I assume that he would know to give her the shot but who knows with these people:-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would call....find out if they ultrasounded her yet...

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 312
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Jan, It was the Oxytocin that most likely did the trick with her. I'll just think that anyway. I honestly thought she would be the one we would have 100 things of trouble with. Poor little girl is about as squirrelly as they come.

Saleste, I would go ahead and call them at least.

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 163
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 02:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I called the vet and they said she hadn't ovulated yet but he was going to check her again today around 4-4:30. He said she was big and 'soft' (I assume he means her follicle:-)) so she 'should' go but no gaurantee. From what I gathered, they hadn't given her the shot. I don't know why, maybe they're just banking on her having a 'regular' heat cycle. If her cycle is normal, she should ovulate today. I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the time this is all over

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1609
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think if they ultrasound when the inseminate this afternoon if she has not ovulated then they should give her the shot to be on the safe side.

Big and soft is good in this case :-)

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Saleste!

Well, I am going to look at a potential stallion for Bailey tomorrow. He looks pretty nice from the pictures, and he is standing at a Stallion station about an hour and a half away from me. Anyways, meet Edelweiss de Bonce!

http://www.augustmoonfarm.com/stallions/edelweiss.htm

I will hopefully get some pictures of him, and post them here :D

Linda Bauer --Rita foaled 4/25
Yearling
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the stud Rebel is bred to. I scanned the ad from an old Peak to Peak magazine. He is a son of Imaginate (leading sire of halter horses) who is off the Sheldak Ranch in North Dakota. He looks much better than this pic shows.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z217/llazyt/rebel/image002.gif

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SHE OVULATED!!!! We went and picked her up tonight, she ovulated sometime between the time I posted this afternoon (2-2:30) and 4:30. So hopefully they caught her. For some reason her front feet are very sore. She's limping bad and she wasn't when we dropped her off. Do you think it may have been the concrete?? She's not really used to walking on it and she was barefoot. It's a little worrisome...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Saleste!! So happy that she ovulated. Did they use the second dose of semen? I would watch her feet give her a couple of days home..no heat in them right?

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 166
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, no heat. Her legs are just the slightest bit swollen, she looks horrible but there weren't any signs of any real probs.

Yep, he gave her the first dose on the 13th and the second on the 14th, then she ovulated early afternoon of the 14th. Stacey Newville (she owns Shiner) said that she had tested his sperm motility after three days and it was still at 50%. Of course, it got bounced around alot between Arizona and Arkansas, but hopefully the sperm was still pretty mobile!! My fingers are crossed for that 15 day preg check. Stacey stops collecting on June 1st, so....

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay..so then it has to be...she has to be preggers!

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 168
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My boyfriend was laughing at me because about 3 hours after we brought her home, I told him I had to go check on her. When I came back he said, 'Is she looking any bigger yet?'. Smart aleck It's going to be a long 11 months for him... I tend to get a little 'excited'!

Paul Liberty
Yearling
Username: Sptxthrill

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we have several stallions that we have bred to for 2009. we have all racing QH's and we also have embryo transfer babies coming.
heres a list of the stallions and you can see their pedigrees here:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/

Identity Theft
Look Forward
Azoom
Teller Cartel
Panther Mountain
Hail Corona
Heza Fast Dash
King Corona
Fishers Dash
FDD Dynasty

(Message edited by sptxthrill on May 15, 2008)

Heather Cooke
Breeding Stock
Username: Hcvideo

Post Number: 205
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have bred 2 mares this year. Blondie is a welsh X arab and Twiggie is welsh X paint. I have bred them to Sparks Will Fly, my 2 yr old Welsh x TB for large hunter ponies.

[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/hacooke/SPARKIEFRONT.jpg[/IMG]

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heather~ You should get some really nice babies :-) It will be fun to see what he produces!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 447
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

okie dokie! I love this game...(continuation of DUHH syndrome) Here's mine
I have these mares ..
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/Candyat16-1.jpg shes homozygous pinto
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/2006feather_small-1.jpg her entire line is leopards
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/onyxreg2.jpg roan & ugly, but has great lookin babies
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/IMG_1602.jpg and of course the one responsible for my 08 leopard Voodoo Moonshine
who will all be bred to this gorgeous guy
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/chipsinwheatfield.jpg To date has thrown all appy babies (snowcap, fewspot, and blanket)and is homozygous black

Then I have these 2 girls
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC00702.jpg I believe she has dilution genes, and throws very odd colors with blue eyes.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/Mika20071-1.jpg We were unable to get this mare to take last year, so I 'll take whatever I can get! haha!

who will be bred to this tiny guy!!! (he's 24.5" tall)
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC00647.jpg

Hope to get some color from somewhere!!!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 536
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, what pretty horses! I especially like Candyat! I too love this DUHHhhhhhhhhhhtinuation!

Okay everyone, I am a total novice at breeding! My mare that foaled about 2 weeks ago, was already bred when I bought her. I have some questions of course! LOL!

My girl is a nicely pedigreed, foundation QH. I am thinking about breeding to a Morgan, just because I like the breed, but is that a dumb idea, considering her pedigree? Jeeezzzz-I think I just answered my own question! I ought to take advantage of her good QH breeding and raise these babies for what they are intended for, rather than dilute the genes! I can always get a Morgan some other way.

By the way, I don't recall anyone having a Morgan on this board. Just wonder why that is?

So I think I am going to go with a Cremello QH with good pedigree and hope for a buckskin. I think there's a good chance.
The baby has a little buckskin color to him now. He will be a bay though.

But she has a little bit of roaning. Is there anything I need to be cautious of in breeding? That is to watch out for health wise or anything?

I'm reading up on the lethal white genes and that, but there is a lot more to this, I'm sure. I need to decide soon, so I can get her bred. I don't want a baby any closer to the summer than I can possible stay away from. It gets so hot that I don't want to put her through a late foaling.

Any knowledge of a Creamello QH stallion in the central valley would be appreciated as would any input, of course.

I do wish you all an easy breeding with a take on the first cover!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 543
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 02:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another thing (I asked this on another (wrong) thread; sorry.

How do you choose a stallion? Lots out there. Let's say I want to sell my foals? Do I breed to a show or performance stallion? One that is well known?

Or does very good breeding create as much interest? Obviously health, disposition and conformation is critical too.

I hope my question makes sense.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 322
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
Well known bloodlines always help the sale of a foal/yearling.
You can have two nice yearlings that are well-built and roughly parallel each other in postivites/negatives. The one with the more "well-known" bloodlines will almost invariably sell first/bring more than the "lesser known" bred colt.
Its the old "who's your daddy" thing in a horsey sense.

Breeding the best to the best is what we all strive for. Interpretations of "best" of course vary from person to person. Suffice it to say that there is an old saying:
"It costs just as much to feed a good horse as a sorry one".

Interpret this as while you may have a few thousand dollars at the outset of a breeding project (stud fee), it costs just as much to breed the mare, feed the mare while she is pregnant, get the foal on the ground, feed the foal, etc.---no matter what stallion you breed her to.

On down the road, oftentimes the higher stud fee paid at the outset can be easily recaptured once the foal is sold (well-known bloodlines can often equal a higher selling price), or shown (quality individuals do more winning).

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 544
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That helps Catherine. I do understand that quality is what one ought to breed for, because we don't want to dilute good genes. When I bought my mare I didn't fully appreciate her pedigree until so many people told me she was of very good lines and even without knowing her lines they told me she is "foundation QH."

So I started thinking about her offspring. She was bred to a very nice stallion. I would never breed average horses. NO OFFENSE intended. There are many WONDERFUL horses out there that are great for riding and competition and all that. But I would leave the breeding of them to more knowledgeable people, who want to improve the line, or cross breeds or whatever. I felt the same way when I raised Boston Terriers, many years ago.

I'm just not sure if I ought to look for a stallion who is known for pedigree and performance, or will pedigree alone due?

And how the heck does a newbie like me know what a good line is anyway? LOL! I've been so busy focusing on the coming baby that I gave almost no thought to the next breeding. And now it is upon me! And I feel a little bit like I did when I found out my mare was "due" a month early: UNPREPARED!

Is there anywhere I can get a mini-course in selecting a stallion? I've looked at a lot of stallions online. I may have to transport my mare a bit to get the one I want. Don't know that I want to get into the whole artificial insemination route.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 324
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
What breed/discipline are you wanting to concentrate on?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quarter Horse, Catherine. I had a thought about crossing with a Morgan, but that isn't a wise plan. So with this mare, I'll stick with the QH.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 554
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As for discipline, I guess I am not sure yet. Perhaps I need to answer that first! I still have some research to do.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 173
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 04:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meet Bailey's husband, Domiro (Donnerhall/ Pik Ramiro/ Darwin):
http://lucchettiranch.com/domiro.html

I'm excited, I just love Donnerhall, and all of his sons :-) And it is so nice having Domiro so close (no shipping costs, yay!)

Tammy Snell
Neonate
Username: Sloan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I'll play I just bred my Hawaii mare to Ironman, really really excited, I already have a gelding by Ironman that is the love of my life. Iam thinking this will be my last serious horse so Iam being selfish and getting what I want!!!! LOL

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 329
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
Quarter horses are VERY diverse. It all depends on what discipline you want to pursue. There are worlds of differences between halter horses, western pleasure horses, English horses and the cattle events. Even reining has gotten to be a discipline "unto itself".

Halter horses are way different than Western Pleasure horses and both are totally apart from English events. The better Hunter Under Saddle horses are now 16.2 or better and have been so crossed out with thoroughbreds that a lot of them can be 3/4 TB. Western pleasure is a whole other game and that is what I "specialize" in. We don't like for our horses to get much over 15 hands (particuarly futurity prospects) and there is definitely some lines that WP horse are bred along. You absolutely can not get away from Zippo Pine Bar and Hotrodders Jetset breeding in AQHA. Invitation Only is probably the most predominate active cross-out sire in the discipline for Zippo and Hotrod breeding.

Reining and working cowhorse events are their own "religion".

I suggest you start subscribing to the Quarter Horse journal and join AQHA. AQHA has excellent novice info/events, etc.

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I actually bought a stud this year so my mares(2) will be bred to him--one has already been
Cheif Betweendances, APHA homozygous for tobiano and black........ Hank a Cheif and Boston Leo Mac lines
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/dodib/cheifprance.jpg[/IMG]

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 176
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tammy- Ironman is a fabulous stallion, I have been VERY impressed by him and his offspring :D

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 559
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 03:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank-you once again, Catherine, for so much advice. I am getting ready to send in the transfer papers on Jewel (no, I haven't done it yet)! So I am joining and also will subscribe to the magazine. I have a neighbor I recently met and she does "sport horse handling." I'm going to check into that. I think Western Pleasure is where I want go.

I absolutely love to watch English riding, particularly Dressage, but it is not something I'm suited for.

I'll check out those names you mentioned. Around here, Doc Bar and Colonel Freckles are the big names, along with a few others. I will continue to research.

I think my neighbor will be a great resource as well. We seem to have hit it off-so I'm pretty happy to know a real horse person who has shown and done this all her life. Yippeeee!!!!

Tammy Snell
Neonate
Username: Sloan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha I agree, I figure when you find something you LOVE stick with it. I have had horses my entire life and never have I seen such unbelievable temperment and talent in horses as these Ironman offspring. I visited Crossroads last Sept and met a lot more offspring and they are all superior, something about them reaches into my soul. Like I said I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

corina gabel
Yearling
Username: Newyearsbaby05

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cj want is her reg. name?
I like a well rounded QH. blood matters but looks and brains matter a hole bunch to. I barrel Race but i wnat a horse that i can take on a trail ride today and run tomarrow - all the really good barrel horses out there are crossed to chidado v and three bars (-they had three sons- three chicks- triple chick - the old man) all three were race horses LIKE AAA and AAAT runners. But they also were halter and preformers as well. But i think that crossing a horse bred to be fast and one bred to be showy(halter) turn out so good.
You get the level head of a show horse and the speed and agility of a fast one.

Alot of horses that are doing so good in western are crosses like this.

You dont have to pay alot to get a good horse.You need to look at the market in your area to decided how much you are willing to spend. If you pay 600 for a stud few spend all winter feeding her and vet visits and then the few months or a year before you sell your in $1500 to 2000! if horses are selling for $2000 fully broke and protrianed in just abut any disapline you like -like they are in my area all you have is heart ache seeing your baby leave.... Im jsut saying make sure you dont put more in then what its worth with out customer to sell to

you almost cant give a horse away here!

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 181
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So we are preparing to breed Kahlua to Fabuleux, the vet mentioned today that she is a caslicks canadite? She aborted the last foal at 150 days, I am scared to death about caslicking her (she has never had it done, and has had 5 live foals, but she is 18 now) and having her abort. I don't think her conformation is poor, what are your thoughts? This is my favorite mare, and I really just want the best for her.

Paul Liberty
Yearling
Username: Sptxthrill

Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
I worked on the LAWaters ranch for 8 years and thats where they stood Colonel Freckles! He was a great horse and had a great temperment that he passed on to all his offspring along with his ability to 'cut a cow'.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1681
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Samantha, my mare's last foal she was 17 and this time we caslicked after the previous year losing a foal to a red bag delivery. My vets thoughts were that with age her confirmation was not poor but she was just more open and dirty in the back area and just as another layer of precaution. Of course this was going to be my last breeding of her. Caslick no problem, removal no problem, foal born no problem. My vet even Caslicked her back up after foaling since I do not intend to rebreed her. I saw under your vets direction...don't be afraid.

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 925
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone! I'm not rebreeding my mare this year, but am looking for a prospect for next year. My interests are showing halter, WP, trail, and lungeline. Are there any Quarter and/or Paint studs out there that excel at all these traits? Why can't I seem to find a stud that can do it all? If they are halter bred, and have good conformation you would think they would do well at just about anything? In today's market, are Halter horses more valuable than WP horses? I just wanted to get everyone's opinions on the subject. Thanks in advance!

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 926
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgot to ask one more thing. If I do breed my mare to a QH, what are the chances that the foal would have color? My mare is a breeding stock paint. Her sire is an overo. Even though she is a breeding stock she should still carry the overo gene, right?????

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 300
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your best bet would be to breed her to a homozygous stud to get color--- my stud is homozygous

Saleste Clark
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking at a filly that is out of a homo black and tobiano stallion. It says that the stallion (Spookernatural) is AtBT informative. What does that mean?? I've looked everywhere on the internet and can't find anything about it!! I'm relatively new to Paint genetics

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 582
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 01:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul, so you worked with Colonel Freckles! Wow! Let me tell you, this mare was something in her day-I'm certain of it. I'm trying to find the previous owners, but she can stop on a dime! She pens goats (totally her own idea). So maybe Colonel Freckles had something to do with that.

She is a good horse-not a mean bone in her body, but a bit standofish. Was Colonel Freckles that way too?

Thank-you Samantha and Tammy for the Ironman recommendation. I have sooooo much research to do.

Corina, she is a foundation QH. Very nice. I personally would not breed anything but a topnotch horse (just me-I had the same philosophy when I bred dogs).

I wouldn't have known she had such good breeding until I was told by so many people in the business that she did.

I honestly have seen people who are looking at horses for sale stop, and do a double take when they see her.

Her name is Oaks Jewel Doll and I'm very proud to own this fabulous mare, whose qualities I've had nothing to do with! I've owned her all of about four months. She is not sound, so I can't ride except for a little walk around. She's 18 so I want to get at least two more foals out of her if I can, before I retire her.

She sure wants a job to do! Glad she has her little baby boy to keep her occupied! Well, enough bragging. I'm just so very lucky to own this fine mare is all.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 583
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just reading this thing again and realize I've missed a lot. So many beautiful stallions (and mares)!

I see at least two people besides me are trying for a buckskin!

Catherine, happy for ya! We'll all be sharing DUHHdom! Even if your's will be at the foaling farm! LOL!

Anyway, I'm just very impressed with these horses. Wow! It would be interesting to keep track of the 2008 babies and see how they do, for those who are showing.

corina gabel
Breeding Stock
Username: Newyearsbaby05

Post Number: 114
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow she does got a few names up there dont she! Its allways hard to find the perfect one thats why i got my own!! I like temperment and willing ness over any bloodlines! I dont think i could ever go for a stallion that i didnt at least me in person once. You knwo there are alot of people on here who have some great men to look at, try looking into the stallion pages there is a link about pictures and website of the studlys we all own.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 593
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dorothy, you have a beautiful stallion there! That isn't even a professional photo (I don't think) and he is a real eye catcher!

The others shown here are all gorgeous too. I still haven't chosen one, but I'm glad for those of you who have and especially for those whose mare is already pregnant.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 594
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corina, I agree that tempermant is paramount. I wouldn't breed to a bad tempered stallion regardless of how great his pedigree or color and comformation.

I'll try to find the link you mentioned. There are a lot more options with the AI now. I may just end up breeding to the same stallion. Nice babies, but no buckskins.

Mary Greer
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgirlup07

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
I am a long way from you but I have a really nice chestnut QH stallion that has Colonel Freckles on his papers. He would be the Grandsire on the sires side. He also goes back to Two Eyed Jack,Impressive(HYPP N/N),Leo, Whimpy and lots more you can check out his fully pedigree at allbreedpedigree.com just search for Two Eyed Alibi . He is approved through the APHA and Appaloosa horse Club and Registered with AQHA,PtHA(he has overo caricteristics) and the ranch horse association. He barely missed being foundation at 84.765625% (they require I think 85% to qualify) Here are some pics of him and 2 of his babies. I can get better pics of him. His stud fee is $250 we can collect from him at the mare owners expence as I normally do live breeding.The reason he is price this cheap is because we are getting his name out.He has an A+ temperment and I cant say enough about him! Conformation is also an A+! These pics dont do him justice..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/Johnsinsentitvefundfoal2month s-1.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/JohnsAppyFoal.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/Johnsbutt.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/05-13-08_1606.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/cowgirlup07/2009%20baby/05-13-08_1604.jpg

Angela Crump
Neonate
Username: Rockabillyangel

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bred my mare, Carly, to this amazing stallion Dragtime (AKA: Cowboy). He is a beautiful buckskin tobiano paint who is homozygous for the tobiano gene.

I show on the APHA (American Paint Horse Association) circuit on my show gelding. Cowboy is a stallion in training at my trainers, and I have gotten to watch him go through his training and development into this amazing, talented horse. And I also know his owners, who are wonderful people, which makes the whole experience even better. Cowboy competes in Heading, Heeling, Halter, Tie Down Roping, Stake Race, Pole Bending, Barrel Racing, Reining, and Steer Stopping. He has multiple ROMs and at this years APHA World Show, he won the World Championship in Heading, multiple top 5s and top 10s, and finished as 3rd All Around Horse of the whole show.

He has an amazing calm demeanor, and he has let children rope off of him for their first time. He just had his first foal crop this year, and my baby will be the first foal born since he won his world championship.

Heres some pix of him in action:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/Cowboyworld.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/eexpo13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/drag_head.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/drag_03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/eexpo10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/cowboy4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/iamnotablonde103/cowboy5.jpg

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, a couple things changed since I posted this :-)

Bailey is in foal to Rubino Bellissimo (http://www.1derful.com/home.html), thanks to a very generous offering by his owner :-)

We didn't get Kahlua in foal, so we bred her daughter, Dolly, to Fabuleux.

angel humphries
Nursing Foal
Username: Angel_humphries

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of our mares are in foal to our stallion, Peppys lil Hollywood, a dunskin grandson of Hollywood dunit. Pedigree can be seen at http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/peppys+lil+hollywood

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 855
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Angel, looks like a nice pedigree. Do you have a pic? How many mares? How many foals due this year?

I have read back at my posts from last Spring and oh my! I've learned a little since then, though I have a long way to go before I feel proficient at the whole, "choosing a stallion," thing. I try to get a lot of advice.

I am breeding my "Oaks Jewel Doll" to" Heart Of A Fox." I'm looking at six different stallions for my new mare, "Fresnos Bonita." There is a lot to consider.

angel humphries
Yearling

Post Number: 64
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ, I will have to get some new pics of him! I know, there is soo much to consider when choosing a stallion...and then there are sooo many of them to choose from. Lol. I'm thinking we have 5 more to foal this year of our own and 2 that we have sold that are bred to him. Our first baby this year is under foalwatch under "Hannah foaled" in the announcement section. Is there a website for Heart of a Fox?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 857
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have so much trouble with this kind of thing. It's very frustrating and I've got to have someone teach me! But you can see Heart Of A Fox by googling his name and then stallion after that. The web site is: www.jonroeser.com/index_files/Stevie.htm.

So you have 5 more to foal. Are they close together?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 858
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 01:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I just clicked on this web page from my last post, and he came up fine, so pic and pedigree are right there. Easier than I thought.

angel humphries
Yearling

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is a good looking fellow! I have a gelding that deep dark color and I love it! The 5 are all due around late March to early May. I'm starting to wonder if a couple of them are actually pregnant, as they don't look so much now, but they are also maidens. I'll try my best to get Gunner out this weekend and take some good pics of him, this is an older one in his outside "clothes"...
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/angel_humphries/100_0594.jpg

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 860
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 05:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opps! Just realized I should have posted on a link for, "who have you choosen for 2010! I was going to post a new link, then looked to see if there already was one and just clicked on this without thinking. My 2 foals will not be born until next Feb. or so. My ADD does get me red faced every now and then! LOL!

Gunner is gorgeous! Wow! What is his color classification? Do you manage all the breeding yourself? Or do you have a manager?

I am looking at a gray, that was donated to the local college for my second mare. He is out of super bloodlines.

angel humphries
Yearling

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! He is a dun with the creme gene...or a buckskin with the dun gene, whichever sounds better, lol. We do it all ourselves, which isn't as bad as it sounds since we don't breed that many a year. I like grays. We have a gray mare out of Hollywood Heat that is bred to our Gunner for this year. Gonna be interesting to see what color this one turns out to be.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol Cj, I say you go ahead and start a 2010 one of these :-)

I've got 3 out of 4 chosen for sure. Although I might end up breeding 6 mares this year.... thats the hope anyways, if all the ducks line up correctly, then we'll have 6 foals next year :-) However, I'll only speak of the ones for sure lol.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 863
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Angel, what is his pedigree? I know I've heard the name Gunner before. I would feel so intimidated to manage a stallion. You have my respect.

Smantha, I'll do that! Six mares. Wow. That's a lot of stud fees. Do you have stallions as well? What do you have?

angel humphries
Yearling

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats actually the same stud, his barn name is just Gunner, sorry! He is sooo well mannered and listens to what we say. I've had other stallions and he has def been the easiest.

Lynn Bellus
Neonate
Username: Lorilynfarms

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have chosen Moonbeams N Stardust for my stallion. He is old timey Tennessee Walker, back from Roy Rogers' Trigger's dad. He was gaiting since he was born, has a fabulous kind spirit and would rather get beat up by my mare before he steps on me.

He carries the uber shiny champagne gene and a creme gene, so he looks like a cremello.

I've mated him with my Spotted Saddle horse, Lorilyns Muffin. She is alpha but she has a good mind and raised Moonbeam after he was weaned from his mama.
I just posted this website, so I have a lot more pictures to add. Where is the thread for those waiting on 2009 foals? I want to compare udders and belly shots!
http://lorilynhorses.bravehost.com/

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lynn~Welcome to the board...nice stallion....Very exciting!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US