SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Recipes for Horses

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Recipes for Horses « Previous Next »

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a couple of cookie recipes for horses that are okay but does anyone know a recipe for a cake?

My 14-year-old gelding is having his birthday this week and I promised him a cake. Since the two broodmares are off at the breeding farm, its just him and my yearling filly to celebrate with.

Does anyone have a "horse cake" recipe?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, admittedly, when I first saw the post title I thought, "who's this sick-o looking for horse recipes?!?" then I realized it was you....and that you might have just worded it funny, as you often do.
I have no idea how to bake a cake for a horse, but I would bet that any of my horses would eat a regular cake if given the chance. Maybe carrot cake? haha! Who knows.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 232
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, never thought it would happen, but here's something I found online.....it is even in the shape of a heart, so your gelding will know exactly how much you love him!
http://www.studmuffinshorsetreats.com/stud-muffins-horse-treats-cake-p-18.html?c Path=1

Giddy Up Horse Rescue
Breeding Stock
Username: Horserescuer42

Post Number: 198
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good idea.. here are a few!
1 cup quick oats (we used Quaker Oats)
2 carrots, shredded
1/4 cup of molasses
1 sugar cube (optional)Mix ingredients well by hand and place mixture into a small dessert dish to give the “cake” its form. Stuff the sugar cube into the mix, if desired. Flip dessert dish over until the cake releases onto a plate and refrigerate until hardened.

Giddy Up Horse Rescue
Breeding Stock
Username: Horserescuer42

Post Number: 199
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Birthday Cake for a Horse recipe
4 cups sweet feed or oats
1 cup molasses or honey
2 carrots, cut into carrot sticks
1 apple, cut into slices

Mix the honey and sweet feed or oats together in a large bowl. When fully mixed, place the mixture on a plate and shape into the form of a birthday cake. Use the carrots as candles and the apple slices as decorations. Horses enjoy this sticky delicious treat.

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ThankS! I will give them all a try and let you know how they turn out.

Good Lord NO. I looked back at how I worded that and thought, Oh My God! That does sound bad!!!!

NOOOOOOooooooo. I am one of those people that ran around with "Huckabee Eats Horses. Google It" signs on my vehicles during the Republic primaries this past winter. My gelding Timmie and I went to a couple of the ole Huckster's rallies here in the Upstate of SC and stood around with a sign on Tim's neck that said "Huckabee would eat me". Some people were horrified at the Huckster's dining habits. Timmie is such a friendly horse and outgoing personality that I hope we changed at least a vote or two.

For those of you that don't know what the above blabber is all about, Mike Huckabee admitted that a horsemeat dish was one of his favorites back at the start of the campaign in Iowa. Ick!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the recipes. My horse loves her horse cookies that I bought her. But I'd like to bake them myself. I need to find appropriate cookie cutters though. I can no doubt Google it and find some! What ever did we do before Google? Or microwaves-okay, some of you are too young to really get it, but honest, there was a time when neither existed! LOL

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip, I remember being the last family on the planet to get a microwave! I remember when no one had computers either. Boy, I'm getting old.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US