SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Unique Farm Names

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Unique Farm Names « Previous Next »

Jackie
Breeding Stock
Username: Justafarm

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is quite off the topic of this board, but didn't know if anyone had any suggestions for me. I'm trying to come up with a clever and/or unique name for my farm. I'm breeding Iberian Warmbloods (Andalusian x's) and am in the process of getting a purebred Andalusian stud colt, so will be standing him in the future. After I name the farm, then I would like to correspond my future foals names with it. (Sounds like a good idea, but don't know how well it'll work!) Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

RACERGIRL
Neonate
Username: Racergirl

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI
Well the first thing that I would do is find a landmark close to where you live,(We live near a creek named "Cedar Creek") I know thats kinda easy and cheesy but it works! Hehe
But landmarks work, umm do you have any names that you like? You could work off the colt your getting name? IDK, There are sooo many options!

Samantha
Yearling
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My barn name is named after a racehorse I met on a trip to Kentucky, his name was 'Secret Ambition', so my barn name is Secret Ambition Stables.

You could always do a color, then your favorite stone or something :D

Jackie
Breeding Stock
Username: Justafarm

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the ideas! The farm is located in the country (nothing but farmland surrounds us) and the land is mostly rolling hills. There is a small creek that runs through the property. I'm trying to come up with something that will work well with the spanish/iberian horses on the farm...

RACERGIRL
Neonate
Username: Racergirl

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya Im not very good with spanish I found a name that I was gonna use when I was younger but I grew out of it, I like it still but IDK. It was Rise To Fame, I know its an arabs name but when I was little I had all my names planned and worked off of it lol. Youthfull exuberance! But even if you have a grove of trees, or I have found if you go through the color wheels at menards they have some good ones, hehe.

Jo Angela Stirewalt
Breeding Stock
Username: Raknrydr

Post Number: 114
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My husbands farm has been in his family for over 100 years and the Dutch Buffalo Creek runs right through our property, so of course our farm is called "Dutch Buffalo Creek Farm."
He wanted to put the farm name real big all the way across the front of my horse trailer, but I was not to keen on that so I told he he could put it on the spare tire cover.

(Message edited by raknrydr on April 15, 2008)

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are equally "creative". We have a creek in our local area and the headwaters to it originate on the backside of our property. The creek's name is Warrior Creek so..... (drum roll)....

We named our farm.............(another drum roll)...........................................................
(I know the suspense is killing you!)

WARRIOR CREEK FARM

Jo Angela Stirewalt
Breeding Stock
Username: Raknrydr

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trying to post the photo with my other statement , can't get it to go so here it is:
http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/40513/2837585380048868759S425x425Q85.jpg

Gina McMahon
Yearling
Username: Moonlitpaints

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just thought I would share where my farm name came from. I am always busy, got a million things going on at once. I also work a full time time job as the finance manager of a car dealership. The only time I have to ride is late at night. The people I used to barn with joked that I must band my horse's mane in the trailer because they would all come and get the horses ready for a show the day before and when they were all done and going home for the night, there would be my horse muddy and fuzzy. But the next day I would be at the show in the morning all ready to go, lol! Thats because I had to come out at like midnight to start bathing and clipping :-( I trained part time for a while and everyone joked because I would be out at the barn between 10 and 1am riding. Of course now that I have my own barn it is called Moonlit Paints :-) My slogan is a little raunchy so my hubby won't let me put it up on my website... "doin it in the dark since 1993" :-)

corina gabel
Weanling
Username: Newyearsbaby05

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats awsome. we have been looking and thinking i just love you guys your great. Doing it in the dark sence 1993 !!!! awsome

Jane Olney
Breeding Stock
Username: Shotsnurse1

Post Number: 595
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My husband must have cut 100 oak trees putting in our driveway......We are Hundred Oaks Farm.

Cyndy Wiser
Yearling
Username: Cyndy

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We lived in a valley that had 100 y/o plus Burr Oak trees everywhere when I began breeding. The wind blew across the tops of these huge trees and made the neatest soothing sound. We named it Whispering Oaks Arabians. We've since moved to another area of the county and unfortunately there are not many trees here. I haven't been able to decide to keep the name or change it. Now would be the time I guess before I register these babies.

Emily West, Gracie Due 04/11/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 566
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have lots of live water on our place so we named is Living Springs Ranch!!! Not real creative but nice. :-) Of course we are moving so we get a new name!!!

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have a very nice view of a eagle's nest across the street from us. My farm name is Eagle View Arabians :-)

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kris

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie
what about...
Rolling Hills Warmbloods(Farm)
Country Acres Warmbloods
Rural Iberian Warmbloods Farm
Boondocks Farm (Iberian Warmbloods)
Out In The Boondocks Farm
In The Sticks Farm (Warmbloods)
A Creek Runs Through It Farm
Backroads Farm
Country Creek Warmbloods
.. or something along those lines....

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My farm name is T-N-T Farms and the t's stand for my kids (Taylor and Todd)

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

H & H Farms...."His & Hers Farms"

We were going to do B & M Farms (for Bobbi & Mark) but I didn't want to do something that can be construed as a bodily function!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2428
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 01:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know how i never saw this thread before, but I thought it would be a fun one to bring back to life!
My farm's name is Mystic Rock Miniatures....we had just moved into a new house with a pond out back....every morning, I'd get coffee and head for the back porch to watch the ducks and herons on the pond. One morning, I walked outside and noticed a big flat rock sticking strait up out of the water. It was never there before...and only about 10 ft off the bank. It was sticking out of the water about 2 ft, so I'd have noticed....It was as if someone came in the middle of the night and stuck it there just to mess with the new neighbors. It just so happened, my husband and I had been trying all week to come up with a farm name.....and we both looked at each other and said, "MYSTIC ROCK"...haha!!! It was just meant to be!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like that!

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock
Username: Bobs_mom

Post Number: 131
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are Wildcat Acres..............

Our farm is on Wildcat Lane. My husband's business is Wildcat Custom Conversions - WCC for short.

We have a custom horse trailer conversion business. www.wildcatcc.com

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 788
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My farm name is WATCHMAN P.R.E. horses....My married name is Waechter which is German for guardian or watchman and that is how I came up with the name....also with a rare breed it is important to take responsibility to preserve it.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2050
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our farm is called Keystone Farm. We share the barn and some of the acreage with our friend and neighbor. They're last name is Koskey, our's is Lemke, so Key for the two Key sound in both names, and we met at Stony Farm where we both stabled our horses when we started out.

So there you go, Keystone farm...

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 730
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mine is Secret Ambition Stables, it was different, and but catchy :-)

When I was younger, I was visiting a Churchill Downs with my father, and we met a horse called "Secret Ambition" there. He had just won a race at Ellis Park (my last name happens to be Ellis), so I thought it was kind of cool. I always remembered that, and decided that Secret Ambition Stables would be what I would call my ranch :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2546
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love these stories! Thanks for sharing!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2521
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Canadian base of operations that we started about 25 years ago was named "Deepwater Farm" because while in the process of buying the property, the water tests couldn't be done as the well had gone dry. Consequently in order to purchase the property we had to drill a well - and if we didn't get water, we wouldn't get the mortgage, and couldn't pay for the well drilling, so the drillers had directions to go as deep as they had to... which turned out to be over 300 feet... hence "Deepwater Farm" even though it was on the top of a mountain (albeit a small mountain)! :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfect name!!!

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our names are Cathy and Randy. Our brand (yes we freeze brand our horses) is a C hanging R, so of course we are CR Fox Trotters. Nothing real original there.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we freeze brand also...how long do you leave the iron on to get a clear, complete brand?

Heidi Caldwell
Nursing Foal
Username: Heidicald

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ours is JouryneyPointe Farm. Got it from the sale of our previous farm about 50 miles away. A church bought it to build on, called Journeypointe Church. They bought it RIGHT before the bottom fell out of the real estate market. I believe if they had not bought it, it would still be up for sale and hence, we would not be here.

Thought the least we could do is name the famr after them!

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 344
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry wrote "we freeze brand also...how long do you leave the iron on to get a clear, complete brand?"
After a little expermentation we do about 15 seconds with liquid nitrogen.
It all depends on the size of the brand, what metal it is made of, and area you are branding.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 799
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you Cathy....we brand on the hip and have various degrees of success....from very clear to faded in parts....

It is very difficult to get even pressure all over...but will try harder this year

Alexandra Shroyer
Neonate
Username: Onawhim

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our farm is "On A Whim" farm because that is how we seem to do things!! Never thought out, just on a whim!! LOL! silly I know...

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US