SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Is this the foal moving?!?!?!?!?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Is this the foal moving?!?!?!?!? « Previous Next »

Erica, Sandy, due 4/4/08
Breeding Stock
Username: America

Post Number: 338
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok well i finaly got the vidoes.
this is her stomach. I think thats the foal moving but im not sure. what do you guys think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teyha13LRNo
and this is me doing the string and nail test! FILLY!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obz0q5iJVIs

then some photos.
URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2484778020102807836sMNJEd]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2767353590102807836NCXmgW]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2039864100102807836LIUovs]
she is looking back at her stomach she did this alot!
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2088424440102807836eWeIqF]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2839127860102807836WmyWGA]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2448991710102807836ljAyVj]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2878775140102807836CVyrDT]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2658882410102807836EVDYvi]
she has been looking back at her stomach and been being a roly poly YEAH! finally something!

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 930
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Erica, it's hard to tell if it's movement or just the video shaking :-) I do think it may be movement though. She looks like she might be a little bigger too. Have you tried feeling for movement? If it is a baby you should feel rolls and kicks. It does look promising though :-)

Erica, Sandy, due 4/4/08
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 340
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy thank you. lol i was really cold.
Im not sure if im feeling the baby all i know is i feel something moving. oh i hope so and i hope she holds (which im sure she will) for another month or so!

Yvette Demko
Nursing Foal
Username: Siouxs_mom

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Erica, I just read the other post about your having to move your horse to your uncle's dads pasture. I don't quite understand that, I know I live in Florida, and don't get the weather that you do, but alot of people don't barn their horses. In the wild they don't have barns! We spoil our horses, and I don't mean that in a bad way. How where people trying to take the horses, where they saying that they weren't being fed, feet taken care of??? I don't understand. I have rescued two horse that were nothing but skin and bones and had to nurse them back to health, the pictures of Sandy and the other horses look nothing like that. I am no expert by any means, but I agree with the above post, the video is too noisey (jumpy), to see what is moving, it kind of looks like breathing movement to me, but I really can't tell. I hope you have Sandy home with you soon, so that you can care for her. Good Luck

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 936
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yvette, I don't know about where Erica lives but here in Washington you have to have some type of shelter for your horse. Even if it's a tarp there has to be something the horse can get under. I agree that Sandy looks very healthy and well taken care of so it's too bad that someone obviously wants to harass her aunt :-(

Erica, Sandy, due 4/4/08
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 347
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live in Minnesota and its not a law that you have to have a shelter. None of our niehbors that own horses have a shelter for there horses, yet there not complaining. Geez they didnt even complain when our nighbors horses broke out and wondered the road all day. For some reason they dont like us. When we moved them to a pasture that we built on the other side of there pasture they freaked out at us cause the fence was to close to the road. it was like ten feet from it. But on Friday they came with horses trailors and i guess they thought that they had some right to take them. But if they did they would have been servily punished for stealing. They didnt belong to a group of some sort and had no warrent. One of my uncles horses doesnt look well cause she is first an aribian so she is very tall (and sooo pretty!) and just has skinney legs. and she had wess nile two years ago. the vet said all were healthy.
but i just cant wait to get her back! Its sorta warm here its getting there. Were working on the house alot more. need like extreme warm weather so that we can put post in the ground.
i will try to get another vidoe when she comes back, hopefully it wont be so cold so i can stay steady lol

Kris Moos
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kris

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica, where in M are you? I too am from MN.
from what I understand in MN they do not have to have a shelter IF they have trees or a windblock natural type "shelter"... but I am not positive...
who tried to take them? the neighbors? wow that is gutsy....
I know there is an organization called MN hooved animal rescue, and they have been known to just show up and take horses they feel are not cared for well enough... its a great organization for what they do with the ones who are seriously neglected and not a run of bad luck, but I also know they have taken some they shouldnt have and tried/attemped some they shouldnt have as well...
but anyway, if you were close enough Id come take a look...

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 253
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i live in Michigan and as long as there are trees in the pasture where they can get out of some of the wind etc that is all you need
We have a barn and horses have access to it at all times

Erica, Sandy, due 4/4/08
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 349
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris i live in Mankato, MN.

They have a huge woods down there filled with trees that they go into during the winter. They did that last winter too even though they had a barn, liked it better for some reason.
They were the nighbors from down the road a few miles. They work with cows and what not.
All i know right now is that its finally warm, and so sandy might be able to come back sooner, and were making loads of proges on the house so maybe sooner then sooner.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 948
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica I dont fully understand your situation but I too have had tyo deal with rescue attempt on horses that didnt need rescued just because someone wanted to be difficult. Once our neighbors called the humane soceity bc they didnt see hay out there even tho the horses all had short shiny coats nd were fatter than most. We were feeding the lg alfalfa pellets bc of a hay problem/ my prayers are with you

Tahra Swan due 2/29
Yearling
Username: Tahra

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennie I had a similar call. Someone called the Humane Society around X-Mass because they saw hay with my other horses and one horse in another field. It was my Preg. Mare and she was in a 10acre field and the hay was in a different area than where she was at. They came out and after looking at all my horses didn't even file a report as it was obviously not a bad situation.

The look of a horse does not tell the whole story. A client had two horses removed from her because they looked bad. One was 19 and the other was 26. Both had influenza but were pronounced on the mend by two different vets. That wasn’t enough for the people who pulled the horse from her. They were mother and daughter and she had had them there entire life. I think her mother eventually bought them but it was still hard on her.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 950
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree I was given some horses bc the guy had darn near starved them to death but unfortunately I couldnt help them after explaining the situation to my sheriff i was told that it would be on me to prove i didnt starve them and to deal with the humane society coming out. i was afraid id loose my horses over it as i only had 3 at my place and one I had just bought underweight. he gave me 5. a friend of mine took 3 as he had a place he could hide them i had highway frontage. One was so bad she wouldnt get up and the other that we didnt take we couldnt load

Erica, Sandy, due 4/4/08
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 352
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Omg! WOW! i never knew how many people had this happen to them. Geez im starting to rethink my views on the humane society. Well at least the people who think they are being good by helping. Thats why i dont like nieghbors and am living as far away from people as possible.

Jenni thats sounds like an aweful sitiutian. But people thinking you dont take care of your horses thats ubserb! (sp)

Tahra i agree. You cant just look at a horse and say oh these people arent taking care of them i think we should call some one about it. BLAH!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 953
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Erica usualy you just end up dealing with is some one ignorance they usually dont mean to be a pain. for instance one woman i know called on my aunts neighbors bc the horses had a good thick layer of ice and snow on them. thank fully the woman that took her call explained that it was a form of insulation. Most ppl dont realize that it takes a very long time to put weight on a severly malnurished animal. i really dont support the humane society to much although your local shelter is a whole other story.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 968
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is hard since there are true abuse cases out there. If animal control gets a call they have to follow up even if it's absolutely crazy. I once had someone call on me because my horse was wearing a blanket all winter. She said I never took it off. UH what? First, she just didn't ever SEE me take it off and second, is it really abuse? Luckily animal control knew it was b.s. and never even came out after talking to me.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US