SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Find out the delivery date for your foal

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Find out the delivery date for your foal « Previous Next »

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 950
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenni showed me a way to find out the date when the mare will foal. She said she is so busy right now, she's gotten behind on the board and suggested I put this on the board, figuring it might be fun for all of us. I thought it was a wonderful suggestion, since I think we're all up for some fun. Just remember this is just for fun, it's not scientific, just like the nail and string thing. If you all would like, we could all do it and put the results on this board.

These are her exact directions copied from an e-mail.

For the necklace thing you can use anything on a chain that has a point. I used a heart shaped pendant, lots of people use crosses or crystals. Just so you have a pendalum. Hold the chain in your right hand using only the trinity fingers ( your thumb, pointer finger and middle finger). Now hold your left hand out with fingers splayed apart palm up. Hold the pendalum over your middle finger the direction it goes is your positive so remember it. Now hold it over your pointer finger the direction it goes is your negative. Hold it over your thumb that is your neutral. Now that you got that all figured out. get the calendar out hold the pendalum with the trinity fingers over a day and ask (you can do this in your mind), is "your mare's name" going to foal this day? Keep picking days till it says yes.

I did this and it says July 31st, which is on a Thursday. Dora's last foal was born on a Thursday, which worked out perfectly for me. I was able to take off Friday and had many days to enjoy the new foal.

Jenni's date for Nugget is February 25th, so we'll see if her prediction is correct.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 838
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Marilyn!

charlene birdsall, Baby due 4/2/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 456
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I tried it,and it said March 25th. So we shall see.

Tahra Roberts
Weanling
Username: Tahra

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I did it and it said March 13th. It was also neutral for March 11th so I don't know what that meand. My arm was killing me by the time I got to the end of the month. I didn't get any more yeses all month so maby the 13th.

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 954
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're welcome Jenni :-)

Linda Bauer --Rebel due 4/5/08
Weanling
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How fun, tried it and it said Rebel is due 4/4. her expected foal date is 4/5. It will be fun to see if it works
Thanks

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK.I TRIED IT AND IT SEEMS TO BE GOING THE SAME WAY ON BOTH FINGERSI DONT GET IT!

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 849
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If its cicling pay attention to wether it goes clockwise or counter clock wise. Also make sure that your only holding it with the trinity fingers. Whats it do on your thumb?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 478
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JUDY when I did it, the middle finger went in the direction of my finger, the index finger went back and forth from right to left, and my thumb went from right to left. I used a heart pendant, and just held it by the chain with my trinity fingers. Hope this helps.

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I DID IT AGAIN MIDDLE FINGER WENT UP AND DOWM ,POINTER FINGER SIDE TO SIDE,THUMB NO MOTION

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, so what does it say her due date is Judy?

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im getting to it know.do i start with what i think her due date is and go from there??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I started from about day 325 and worked my way to her due date, and past that about a week.

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok.it says april 3rd,that is day 325,i went all over april a few times and thats the only one it swang in the up and down positive .

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 484
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, now well just have to see if it's right. It was a pretty weird test though huh?

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES,KIND OF WEIRD HOW THE NECKLES SWINGS DIFFERENTLY OVER THE DATES.

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 853
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used a heart pendant as well. You should always check your positive and negative when using the pendalum bc they can change and every person is different. Im curious as to how accurate this is tho. My grams did it for Nugget and she is almost a thousand miles away and got the same date i did.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 493
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's weird, cause I had my daughter do it the first time and it said april 2nd for her and for me it said march 25th

Jenni Luttrell
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 855
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have her retry it. I did it for Dora and got aug 8th the first time but the 2nd time I did it I got July 31st just like Marilyn. It helps if you dont stare at it that way you dont influence it. Also what your asking has to be the only thing on your mind or it gets confused.
I'm only repeating what my grams said.

Erica, Sandy, about 234 days pregnant
Breeding Stock
Username: America

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG Jenni Marilyn i love you for telling us about this. i did it positive on middle finger, negative on pointer, and nuetruel on thumb! so then i made my own callender cause i dont have one sept my phone lol. so i did it in march kept going left to right not positive for me
so then i just crossed out march and wrote april in all of the march spaces. and it went back and fourth positive for me and it did it on APRIL 4TH 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is pefact cause its a friday! but since it still had march on it my head i said will sandy foal on march 4th 2008, right to left. then i said in my head will sandy foal on april 4th 2008 back and fourth! im starting to belive in this stuff. Jenni i cant wait for feburary 25th! to see if it actully works! i also held the pen in the air and it didnt move then i said in my head is sandy pregnant positive, then i thought is sandy not in foal, negitive! YES!
this is really amaizing i cant wait for these dates to see every foals

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US