SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

2007 Foal updates

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » 2007 Foal updates « Previous Next »

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 913
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Well saddled up my Gracie for the first time this past Sunday. She is 4 1/2 months old. She is thinking what is this? :-) She did great no problem at all and out we went for ponying for about an 1 1/2. She is such a Good Girl..Just love her.
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/1frosty1/?action=view&current=1209070907 a1.jpg

Jane Olney-Nursemare foal adopt ?/2008
Breeding Stock
Username: Shotsnurse1

Post Number: 490
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH, there she is!!!!!!! How fun!
I peeked at your other pictures. Her daddy is something....WOW!

I have been gone for a long weekend and my husband and daughter took care of the herd. Needless to say, I have a mess in the barn today. The horses were well fed. It seems like my hay supply was significantly diminished.

I want to get a little movie of Woody making faces at the boss. It seems like he has PMS or something. Did your gelding get pushy at a year old...to try and dominate? He doesn't do it to Mom. It's like he is a sullen teenager. Is this normal?

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 914
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jane..yep when my gelding was one he got really pushy. He was my first so I was so afraid to do anything wrong but found out I needed to be really firm and he would love me anyway..sort of like a 2-3 year old child. I often carried a little riding crop so that I was not constantly using my hand to correct.....He sounds pretty normal sorry to say :-)

Jane Olney-Nursemare foal adopt ?/2008
Breeding Stock
Username: Shotsnurse1

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I guess in this case it is good to be normal.

The only problem is consistancy....because of horse sitters on the holidays and husbands and kids. I try to get everyone to do things the same way. It takes effort to be firm and consistant.

Here it is, past noon, and I have not started housework (or barnwork) yet.

Jan, thanks for all your support!

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 394
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jane, It brought a grin to my face when you stated that your hay supply was significantly diminished. When I recently had ankle surgery my husband had to take over all the barn work, he's the first to complain about the cost of hay but let me tell you he fed twice the amount needed! I guess we should just be happy that they were fed at all!

Hannah MacDonald
Breeding Stock
Username: Hannah

Post Number: 181
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats real progress Jan, i chucked a saddle on mine, but only for a few seconds. You are very brave! She looks so chilled out!!

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 550
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan! Gracie looks like a big girl with that big girl saddle on. LOL!!! How cute is she!!! I too peaked at your pictures. All your horses are so beautiful. Gracie seems like she's very easy going. I love her so much. I'm so happy you have such a fine animal, especially with all you've been through.

Marilyn

Terry Waechter 5 march foals
Yearling
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan...wonderful pictures of beautiful horses...Terry

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock
Username: Mariana_cremonte

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was SO fun about husbands complaining about the costs of hay and then overfeeding the day they feed, that the same here!!.
Jan congrats for Gracie. She looks so cool, like the saddle is an everyday thing to her. I remember her registration name, Dulce Graciela is it?, i just loved that name.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 921
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mariana...yep That is her registered name :-)

That little pony saddle has gotten lots of use between my babies and a friends babies. We pass it back and forth till they outgrow it.

How is your little boy doing? He is so cute!

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for asking. He is fine. Still working on leading and now ground manners!. I am a little concerned that he lost some weight, he was fuller a couple of weeks ago, but may that depends on how he is growing?. He is full with energy and I see him nurse fine. I called the vet but since it is not an emergency he hasnīt see him yet. With my first daughter I called the pediatritian (sp?)like a thousand times and this is looking no different!, my vet is going to move out of town...

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 925
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana...how old is he? Have you wormed yet?

The vet should be glad you are a concerned owner, that keeps little things from becoming BIG things:-)

Post some new pics :-)

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 114
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is exactly what my vet says -but I bet you he sees my number on his cell and goes "oh! no again..!!" -
He will be 2 months on the 19th. I wormed him once.
I will take a picture today and post tonight if I get a chance.

besos

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2797
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wondering if there are still those lurking from our 2007 foal crop. Attached is my July 2007 filly Gracie with 3 of my grandduaghters aboard. I have been riding her in the foothills and she is just the very best.
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x109/1frosty1/gracie2.jpg[/IMG]

Sandy Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Sandystone

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another one of the 2007 foal crop - now 4 year olds! Attached is Stella's show album for 2011. We've only done 2 shows, but will be doing more during the summer. The direction of her discipline is HUS, dressage and eventing.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v76/equisan52/Stellas%20Show%20Pictures/

Sandy Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan Owen - what an adorable picture with your granddaughters! Love it!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2817
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sandy...wow Stella is beautiful! What a wonderful job you have done with her! Congratulations!!!!

Sandy Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Jan! I am very pleased with the way Stella has turned out. She is still for sale and I'm so hoping to get her into a great show home. I sold her 1/2 brother, Cash, last fall. He was at 16.2hh when I sold him! His owner is also taking him towards dressage and eventing.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US