SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Are you up for a guessing game?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Are you up for a guessing game? « Previous Next »

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 504
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking maybe it might be fun to have everyone guess on 2007 year's foaling dates and time. Then who's ever the closest is the winner. What do you think? It might be fun and it might make it more interesting for the person who's waiting and waiting.

If you think it's dumb, (and it might be) we don't have to do it, I just thought it might be fun.

What do you all think?

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it's a great idea Marilyn! We could even guess sex and color! I think it would be loads of fun. What does everyone else think?

Cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 503
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL So I get thirty chances?

charlene birdsall, Baby due 4/2/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me in. I was just suggesting doing the same think at work, but for money. We can do it just for fun though.

judy cervantes
Yearling
Username: Judy

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i wanna play!!!!!

Emily West
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it would be fun!!! But if we are to guess it would be nice if we know the approximate day they are currently on as well as the sire and dams color so we can make better guess. Plus I haven't been able to keep track of everyones mares. (: So, it would be nice to have the update anyway!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 508
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like it's a go. I think Emily and Tracy have great ideas, but how do incorporate this? Can someone take over and help me with this? I'm not very good when it comes to this kind of thing.

Emily West
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 335
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn,
I guess the easiest way is if someone wants us to guess the date etc. they would need to post the info on their mare. Then if you guess you would put the name of the owner and horse then list your guess. In other words it could be like this

Marilyn and Dora 08/02/08 bay filly.

I know this is for 2007 foals but that was just an example.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 369
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, it's just for fun anyway so we'll do the best we can :-) For example, my mare is due sometime the beginning of June but that's all I know (I didn't get the exact breeding dates when I bought her) so the guesses will be exactly that. I think what Emily was saying sounds good, the person's name, horse's name, and then your guess.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOW ABOUT LIKE THIS :MY NAME JUDY-HORSES NAME DICE-DICE IS A BLK/WHT TOBIANO BREED TO A CREMELLO DUE ON 4-19-08.WHAT DO YOU THINK SHE WILL HAVE AND WHEN,AND WHAT COLOR?MAKE YOUR GUESS.

Tawnya Reber, Chloe~ who knows
Breeding Stock
Username: Horserescuer42

Post Number: 122
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha. i want everyone to guess on chloe!! chloe~ brown and white paint bred to a 10 month black brown and white paint sometime before end of feb. due date? anytime between now and end of jan. Im guessing for dec 24th, its my dads bday.

Kim Peavy/ Sweetie 7/3/08
Yearling
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK...here is my Sweetie's info. She is tri-colored bay tabiano. She is not homozygous as her mom was full QH. She is bred to a homozygous black TB/Frisien stallion. We bred her on 7/27/07 and she took on that breeding. All calculators point to 7/3/08 for due date..but who knows. She has been within 2-3 days of her due date (almost always after) for the last 4 foals. Not sure what I'll get, but I guess I'd be hoping for the slim chance of a black/white filly....Kim

Saleste Clark
Yearling
Username: Saleste

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok....Jessie: Bay QH, bred to a gray red roan...bred April 2....what will she have and when? This is a doozy!!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 370
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's mine Tali bay Arabian bred to a homozygous bay and white tobiano Half Arabian. Due sometime around beginning of June '08.

I think we'll have to do the guesses when it's getting closer to their due dates since as we all know horses really don't have due dates. Maybe guess when they start showing foaling symptoms? What do you guys think?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 109
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that is a good idea Tracy, as far as the due date is concerned. Here is my info: Baby a b/s paint dun, bred using AI on April 17th, to a homozygous black and white tobiano due april 2nd. He is homozygous for the black gene and the tobiano gene. Her mom is a bay quarter and her dad is a red dun overo.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAWNYA HERS IS MY GUESS ON CHLOE-BRN/WHT PAINT FILLY ON DEC 24TH.KIM MY GUESS FOR SWEETIE IS BLK COLT ON 7-7-08.SELEST MY GUESS FOR JESSIE IS BAY FILLY ON 3-4=08. TRACY MY GUESS FOR TALI IS BAY AND WHT FILLY ON 06-08-08 AND CHARLENE MY GUESS FOR BABY IS TRI COLORED PAINT FILLY APRIL 2-08.THERE ANY ONE ELSE HAVE ANY GUESSES

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 509
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my info on Dora, she is a chestnut, which would make her an ee and Lintas is a gray stallion that is Gg. His dad was a bay and his mom was a gray. The breeder told me he was a Gg. Not sure how she came up with that, but that's what she said.

So what do you think? Color? Filly or colt? Date?

(Message edited by marilyn_l on December 01, 2007)

Kay B. Jones, Topi due 3/1
Yearling
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Topi is sorrel -her mom was sorrel and her dad was bay.
Stallion was blue roan andhis mom was sorrel and his dad was red roan.
Bred march 26 - April 10

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 521
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good idea, we'll wait on the dates until closer. My guesses:

Judy C.(Dice)
Color: Black/white
Date: To be filled in at a later date
Sex: Colt

Tawnya (Chloe)
Color: Black/Brown/white
Date: January 16th
Sex: Filly

Kim P. (Sweetie)
Color: Black/Brown/white
Sex: Colt (sorry Kim)

Tracy S.(Tali)
Color: Bay

Charlene (Baby)
Color: Black/white

Saleste (Jessie)
Color: Bay

Kay (Topi)
Color: Sorrel

Cindy (Criket)
Color: Appy
Sex: colt

Deborah (Jinty)
Color: Tri color
Date: December 28

The color thing was hard for me, I'm not very good at it.

I would love to know who's due very soon because I would like to guess their horses. Come on girls, put your mare's info on here so we can guess. It would be fun!!

Marilyn

(Message edited by marilyn_l on December 01, 2007)

(Message edited by marilyn_l on December 02, 2007)

(Message edited by marilyn_l on December 02, 2007)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... I see a pattern here on my guesses for the sex of the foals. I didn't even mean to do it, but it ended up colt, filly, every other one. LOL!

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

marilyn,my guess for dora is a sorrel colt,not sure of the date.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, I wanted to start a new thread, but don't remember how. Can anyone help?

Yearling

Post Number: 54
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 08:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, I think you have to go back to the Topics page, pick out a link it fits in, it will take you to a posting type page and it has a button to make up a new post. Hope these directions make sense. I am having trouble getting some of the new posts topics to boot up on the site that says "one day, three days, etc.

Yearling

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went to the AQHA records and printed out Topi's and Doc's(stallion) past babies. It showed sex and color and date born. Topi has had 6 live foals and two stillborn. She has had 4 geldings, 2 mare, and one of every color- red roan, chestnut, bay, bay roan, blue roan, and sorrel. It will be exciting. I'm kindof hoping for a colt. Just hoping for healthy and good disposition.

Yearling

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me again!! I just went to the genetics post and found the color calculator. I really don't know much about my horses genetics but that was interesting. My results were 16.67% for ALL colors- blue roan, bay roan, chestnut roan, chestnut, bay or black. So it will be a surprise!! They acted like chestnut and sorrel were the same. I understand it is the same gene(?) but what is difference in the color.

CINDY WERNER, CRICKET DUE 04/04/08
Yearling
Username: Cricketsmom

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys, just found the thread, ok, her it is. cricket, a chestnut quarter horse, bred by live cover, to a appolossa on 07/25/2007, due on 04/04/2009.

Yearling

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, that was not smart, due date is 04/04/2008, woops

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 525
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kay, I think it depends on the breed as far as what they call a color. But I know Arab people call it chestnut and the quarter horse people call the same color Sorrel. So both colors are the same.

At least that's what I heard from a quarter horse friend.

Yearling

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi marilyn and kay, yes they are generally the same color, cricket is listed as chestnut on her registration papers, but, she is more lighter red or copper red, in which some people call this color sorrel, so the chestnut is darker red, and sorrel is lighter red, but the quarter horse registry calls cricket's color chestnut, so to me they are calling it the same color., so did anyone guess what color cricket's baby is going to be? now , the appy that i bred her to, has alot of red in him, his mane and tail are red, and he has a blanket that is white spots, so he is red and white all over with a white blanket, he did throw a blanket appy baby recently, filly,which was bred to a appy mare. so it will be intersting

Deborah Bills
Breeding Stock
Username: Jinty123

Post Number: 171
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok here goes.

Jinty... Skewbald or brown and white tobiano(i think. It depends what country your from.)

Breeding dates
July 2006
October 2006
Stallion Dark bay 15hh Welsh Section D Cob.

Breeding dates Between 6th and 17th Jan 07.
Stallion. Piebald or black and white cob or
medium bay cob.

If you get this one right i will take my hat of to you. LOL.

Jane Olney-Nursemare foal adopt ?/2008
Breeding Stock
Username: Shotsnurse1

Post Number: 475
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy-does the stallion have any white markings? What about your mare? How big is his blanket?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 476
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deborah-Skewbald....brown and white...BUT with black areas in the mane and tail....essentially a tri-colored. What is a bay "...bald" called? I am betting a bay base coat.

Yearling

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi jane,yes he has alot of white markings, and cricket does too, she has full blaze and 3 white socks, his blanket is big, it covers his whole rump, and then some, it fades up his back.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 477
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy-Does he have any white on his legs? His face?

Deborah Bills
Breeding Stock
Username: Jinty123

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jane, One of our colts was a piebald which is black and white. The other cob is a bay. Sorry if my post was confusing but i know the term is different for all types of coloureds. Jinty would be classed as tri coloured then as she does have some black in her forlock and tail.

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, my guesses are:

Judy C. (Dice)
Color: Smoky Black/tobiano
Sex: filly

Tawnya R. (Chloe)
Color: black/bay white

Kim P. (Sweetie)
Color: Bay tobiano

Me (Jessie)
Color: blue roan goes gray

Tracy S. (Tali)
Color: bay/white tobiano

Charlene B. (Baby)
Color: Grullo Tobiano

Marilyn L. (Dora)
Color: Bay goes gray

Kay (Topi)
Color: Blue roan

Cindy (Cricket)
Color: sorrel appy

Deborah (Jinty)
Color: bay tobiano

Oh, I forgot to mention about Jessie parents and the stallion. Jessie's sire was a blue roan and her dam was a gray (not sure about base color). The stallion is a mustang, so not sure about what his parents were but every foal he has put on the ground (8) has been gray or roan. Should get some color!! He has thrown 2 gray grullo's, 1 blue roan (going gray), 3 red roans, 1 weird looking blue roanish grayish color, 1 gray bay roan. Odd little bunch of colors. Good Luck with guessing!!

Yearling

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI JANE, YES, HE HAS WHITE ON HIS FACE, A BLAZE, AND SOCKS ON ALL 4 LEGS. SO,HE IS FULL OF COLOR, I WILL GET A PIC OF HIM SOON,STRANGE COLOR, TONS OF RED, MANE AND TAIL ALL BRIGHT RED.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 478
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy-I bet as above, with Saleste, a sorrel. I also bet the baby will have a blaze, with some white on all fours. PLUS, there will be a blanket.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 479
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jinty is going to have a bay.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy, is the stallion that Tali is bred to homo for bay and tobiano?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 01:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judy, is dice homo for black or tobiano? Can you post her pedigree?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 376
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 04:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, yes the sire of Tali's foal is homozygous for bay tobiano so I do know for sure that she will have a bay and white pinto. I just don't know if it will be a filly or colt or when it will be born.

I need to make some guesses myself but not tonight. It's 1:30 am my time right now and I just finished evacuating all my horses to the local fairgrounds due to flooding. I don't think it's going to get high enough to get the house or our barn but after we flooded last year I didn't want to take the chance and moved all the horses out. I hope Tali is not too stressed being pregnant, she had worked up quite the sweat in the trailer but I went back a couple hours later to feed and water and she looked pretty calm. I don't think my husband or I will sleep a wink tonight!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 529
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy that's awful! But it's better to be safe than sorry.

I think Tali will be fine. I've heard that a mare has to be stressed for a great deal of time before it would be enough to lose a pregnancy. I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Jackie
Yearling
Username: Justafarm

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to add my 2 mares... Cassie is a dark bay Dutch Warmblood in foal to grey Andalusian. This is her first foal, day 340 is April 13.
Molly is a dark bay TB/Hanoverian in foal to same grey Andalusian. This is her second foal (first with me) and day 340 is June 19.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 895
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy Smith~sending you prayers as you weather another "storm". Really hoping that the rain lets up and gives you guys some relief. Hugs~Jan

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jackie, do you know what the stallions base color was when he was born?

Hi Tracy, we have major flooding here to, but my place is ok. Just a little soaked. How much snow did you guys get? We only had a couple inches. Out West of me is where the major flooding is : Forks, Sekiu, Clallam Bay, and those areas are all out of power and have major flooding. I'm glad I don't live out there. I'm sure Tali will be fine. Do you know if Duns can or do carry the cream gene. I am going to get my mare color tested at UC Davis, and I'm not sure if I would be just wasting my money testing for the cream gene. I emailed them, and the PhD (Cecilia Penedo) suggested I test for Red Factor/Agouti, cream, and Pearl. I don't think I'll test her for the Pearl though. I read an article about the "Barlink Macho Man" lines being responsible for this gene, and since my mare has none of those line in her pedigree it's not likley she would carry the Pearl gene, and therefore don't think that test would be necessary. Now testing for the cream gene I'm not sure about. What do you all think?

Jackie
Yearling
Username: Justafarm

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, don't know what the base color is for the stallion. I know he's got foals on the ground that are bay, black and grey, but I don't think that helps much...

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jackie, can you find out from the stallions owner what color he was when he was born? This would make my guess, and everyone elses a little more accurate. Thanks, charlene

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, I think the gene responsible for the dun is a seperate gene than the cream gene. I know there can be like dunalinos, etc. but there can also be just palomino, so I think that would mean that it would be two seperate genes. I think it might be like champagne, I know Fender is palomino plus champagne so that makes him another color (gold cream champagne), but he has both the cream and champagne. If that makes any sense, hope that helps!!

I have also heard that the dun gene is another type of dilute gene (other than cream), I'm not completely sure though!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone! Well, we made it thru the storm with no damage other than a lot of horse trailering! I live along the Snohomish River and it crested at 10 this morning. The water hasn't really gone down much yet but it's not rising anymore so that's good news The horses stayed the night at the fairgrounds and I just spent the afternoon getting them all back. We still have a lot of water in our fields, the horses all have lake front property now! I was going to take pics for you guys but my husband left the battery for the camera at his dad's :-(

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Tali seems to be just fine, she ended up being one of the more mellow horses during this whole ordeal!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 532
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn, I would have loved to see pictures... What a blessing you didn't have any damage. I'm soooo happy for you and your family. Yea!!!!

I'm so happy that Tali is doing well!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Saleste, I didn't think Duns carried the creme gene. That's why I was confused when that Dr. Cecilia Penedo suggested I test her for the cream gene. I suppose there is a slight chance should carry it if one of her parents carried it as a recessive gene, right? Do you think testing for the cream gene would be a waste of money?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy glad to hear all is well and the horses are back home safe and sound.

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would say that there's not really any point to testing her, because if she did have a cream gene she would be palomino, buckskin, etc. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99% sure thats how it works. I definetly wouldn't test for pearl!! Maybe she's (Dr. Cecilia Penedo!) just trying to cover all bases...who knows. I was looking on a site (http://www.mustangs4us.com/Horse%20Colors/dilutions.htm) and it said the dilution genes were cream, champagne, dun, and silver. Because of my stud colt, I know cream and champagne are two seperate genes on different loci, and I'm sure that dun and cream are the same way. So, if thats the case, you would be able to see both the cream gene (if she had it) and the dun gene (which she does have). It's all so confusing!!!

I'm not sure how clear that all was...I'm not very good at explaining things!

Tracy, so glad the Tali is doing well!! I hope they enjoy they're 'lakefront' property!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 896
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy~Good News that you and yours were spared. Now hopefully you guys will get some relief to dry out!

Terry Waechter 5 march foals
Yearling
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 60
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi please let me join the game....here is the info

Doctora
Due Mar 2
Gray-base color EEAa
Bred to gray stallion EEAA
Maiden

Fabulilla
Due Mar 18
gray-base color Eeaa
stallion Black
one foal born black turning gray

Kudu
Due Mar 25
Dark Bay EEAa
Stallion gray EEAA
Maiden

Europa
Due April 6
Dark bay EEAa
stallion Gray EEAA
Maiden

Tiza
Due April 24
gray base color EeAA
stallion gray EEAA
Two foals, one gray, one still hard to tell bay or gray
in our breed, color sex and markings are important so please guess away....Terry

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guesses for Terry Waechter

Doctora
Due Mar 7
Color Gray
Sex colt

Fabulilla
Due Mar 15
Color Black
sex filly

Kudu
Due Mar 30
Color Dark Bay
sex colt

Europa
Due April 17
color Dark bay
sex filly

Tiza
Due April 17
color gray
sex colt

Terry, I'm thinking the last two will foal the same day. Wouldn't that be something.

Foaling season is really right around the corner. I can't believe how fast 2007 went... The older I get the faster it goes. I just can't wait until Dora starts showing!

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 78
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heres my predictions for Terry W.

Doctora:
Color: Bay based gray

Fabulilla:
Color: Black based gray

Kudu:
Color: Dark Bay

Europa:
Color: Dark Bay based Gray

Tiza:
Color: Bay based Gray

Terry, what breed are your horses and do you have pictures? We love pictures here!!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 150
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone here are my guesses: Dates to come later.

Cindy W: Cricket, chestnut appy, colt

Kay B Jones: Topi, Bay roan, filly

Marilyn L: Dora, sorrel, colt

Tracy S: Tali, Bay tobiano, filly

Judy C: Dice, palomino, filly

Tawnya R: Chloe, brown tobiano, colt, Jan 28th

Kim P: Sweetie, Bay, colt

Saleste C: Jessie, red roan, filly

Jackie: Cassie, bay, colt
Molly, bay, filly

Terry Waechter: Doctora, gray, filly
Fabulilla, black, colt
Kudu, bay, colt
Europa, bay, filly
Tiza, gray, filly

Yearling

Post Number: 63
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

saleste...these mares are P.R.E.s...that is Pura Raza Espanola. I will re post the pictures of them for you.

[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M7299-01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M7223-01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M6953-01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/P1000177.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M7324-01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M6804-01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/VP5M6150-01.jpg[/IMG]

The last pix is the stallion I used for 4 out of the 6 mares. There are 4 maidens and 3 who have foaled before. I very much enjoy the board as it helps teach me things I need to know and share the experience with same minded people.

Right now, I have 6 pregnant mares, 2 two year olds, 2 yearlings and 2 weanlings all fillies. Some are for sale and some have a lifetime home. Terry

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 915
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry again I just have to pipe in on how BEAUTIFUL your horses are. Spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing with us all:-) Of course I am a little partial to the spanish breeds myself. Beautiful!

Yearling

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

terry, i have to say also, these are some really awsome horses, just magnificent, you have to be proud, i just have quarter horses, just pleasure, i posted some recent pics of cricket at 71/2months, little over, day 231, it's on the 6month post.

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh duh, I knew that!! I remembered as soon as I saw the first picture. Your horses ( and the stallion) are hard to forget! They are so beautiful and elegant looking. I have a mixing pot of horse breeds, but mainly QH's and Paints for breeding.

Again, your horses are so beautiful, and I'm with Jan. Thanks for sharing with us!!

Yearling

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you all are so kind and i am glad you enjoy the pictures...it is a dream come true for me to have these mares and i selected and raised most of them from weanlings...that was the only way I could buy them...i am retired and in my sixties and it is wonderful to finally have my dream come true after years of school, work, divorce, child rearing, college educating etc etc. I now have a wonderful husband and friend for the sunset years....I pray it will be a long, long sunset.

judy cervantes
Yearling

Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEY CINDY NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE AGAIN,I WAS STARTING TO WORRY,HOWS CRICKET???CAN U FEEL THE BABY MOVE YET??I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FEEL DICES BABY EVERY MORNING WHEN SHE EATS.DICE GETS HER 7MONTH SHOT ON FRIDAY SO IAM WONDERING WHAT THE VET WILL SAY.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Cindy, what have you been up to? How is Cricket doing? Did you see my pics of Baby I posted the other day? We need recent pictures of Cricket, so we can compare bellys, since their due dates are only 2 days apart. Just the last few days I've noticed that the baby is kicking harder and more frequently. I have also noticed that when its feeding time, she is more excited about it than usual. Like she's starving to death or something. Have you noticed any changes in Cricket?

Judy I would love to see some more recent pictures of Dice. Our mares are getting so close now. I'm excited and nervous, all at the same time. When is Dice due exactly?

judy cervantes
Yearling

Post Number: 61
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene dice is due april 19th 2008.i will put some new pictures of dice her as soon as i can.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 920
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terry~Cheers and Happy Holidays~you encourage us with your positive enjoyment of your retirement. Can't think of a better way to retire :-)

Yearling

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_1923.jpg[/IMG]
hi guys, so glad to hear from you all, and glad everybody is doing good, yes charlene, cricket acts like she is starving and as you can see, she is not, but man is she getting vocal too, she winnies so much now, whenever she sees me, she thinks food, iam sure, but hopefully you guys can see her baby belly, i look at her everyday, so i don't see it as much, of course i take pics as much as i can, and show my coworkers all the time, so i have alot of pics, of course they think iam nuts, but iam really enjoying this, , i bet dice is getting huge, iam sure baby looks like cricket? can't wait to see some pics so i can compare, hopefully cricket isn't too fat, my vet said she has lost weight, but she looks like she is dropping ? does she look that way to you? or hanging low.

Yearling

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/100_1929.jpg[/IMG]
this is my favorite picture, her belly looks different in this pic.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 553
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, your mare looks so content. I like the last picture too. Your foal will be here before you know it.

I can't wait until everyone starts having their foals. I love seeing pictures of the preggo mares.I can't wait until my mare's gets her preggo belly, and see the baby move. How exciting!

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cindy, Cricket is getting her baby belly! Jessie is due around late Feb, early March and she's huge.
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/iesaleste/Jessie/IMG_0020.jpg[/IMG]
this is a picture of her in the rain and yuck. She's getting huge!

Yearling

Post Number: 68
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/scan0002.jpg[/IMG]
this is cricket's baby's daddy, i was trying to think of a way to explain his color, but here he is. small pic, i had to scan it, the only pic i had, i will get more soon. do what do you guys think? what color the baby will be?

Mariko
Neonate
Username: Saffrons_baby

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well this will really be a guessing game. Seems how I dont Jewel's baby's Dad... or the conception date.
The stallion would have either been a black, sorrel (chestnut) or bay. could be another color but not likely. And conception was before june...Thats All i know

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/MarikobringsJewelHo meDec112007029.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/MarikobringsJewelHo meDec112007023.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/MarikobringsJewelHo meDec112007017.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/Jewelinfostercare.j pg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/Jewel58307.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/saffrons_baby/Jewel/preggersJewel1.jpg
that is lots of pics of her
the 4 and 5 pics are of the summer when she was in a foster care facility.... she was a little chubby there too though... but i believe that was just chub from being on a hay field

Yearling

Post Number: 71
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/scan0003.jpg[/IMG]
hi guys, i hope everybody is doing good, any new pics? i had to add this pic, this is cricket's 49days sonogram, yes, i have this pic hanging up at work and home, very proud of it, and very excited, it is small, i had to scan it, what do you think?

Saleste Clark
Yearling

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's Jessie at 258 days, and getting bigger every hour. She seems about to pop any time now!
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/iesaleste/Jessie/104_0977.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/iesaleste/Jessie/104_0976.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/iesaleste/Jessie/104_0975.jpg[/IMG]

Cindy, that's an awesome picture! I would be proud of it too! I'm showing everybody pictures of Jessie, I'm getting so anxious! My dad has a Mustang mare named Nevada thats due May 28, I need to get pictures of her too (even though she's not mine).

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 554
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariko, you're not making this a very easy prediction. LOL!

Okay, lets see what I can come up with.

Jewel's foal will be
Due - May 1st
Color- black
Sex - colt

I hope you like my guesses Mariko.

Kay, I think I will give you my guess on Topi's due date now. I think she'll pop on March 14th. I think she'll be a little later than March 1st, for no reason, just a guess.

Cindy, I will guess your date also, I think Cricket will give birth April 19th. Because I think you're mare will wait until it's a little warmer.

Charlene, I think Baby will deliver on April 12. She'll wait a little longer because she doesn't like all the rain and wants it warmer for her colt. *smile*

Yearling

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[IMG]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/tizprime2/scan0005.jpg[/IMG]
here is another pic of the stallion, him in the winter. i like his blanket in this pic.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 161
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a few pics I took last night a 243 days[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/P1010032.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/P1010033.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/P1010038.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/P1010042.jpg[/IMG]
Saleste, your right Jessie has really gotten alot bigger since your last picture you posted of her on Nov 4th. Same thing goes for Cricket. Cindy I think Cricket looks bigger than Baby. Who knows, mabey Cricket will have hers first.
Judy, how is Dice doing? I haven't seen any new pics of her in quite awhile, nor of Topi, Dora, and Grace.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US