SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

New to bulletin board!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » New to bulletin board! « Previous Next »

Paul Liberty
Neonate
Username: Sptxthrill

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi all, I just wanted to come by and introduce myself. my name is Paul and I manage a race horse farm. I foal out the mares, haul mares to breeding farms, halter break the babies and do sale prepping. We have 30 head of horses on the farm ranging in ages from 6months to 24yrs. Right now I am putting 6 open mares under lights to get them ready for the breeding season. If you want to check out some of the horses you can go to
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/specialthrill/

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 485
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Paul, welcome! It's nice to meet you. I have a throughbred ex race horse that's in foal right now to a Holsteiner warmblood. She's due in July. I have one other Throughbred mare I will breed next spring along with my Holsteiner mare.

I really like the gray throughbred you have. Is that a mare? It has a very pretty head.

Have you seen Cathy on here? She also breeds race horses also. I think she has over 100 horses on her property. Both of you are going to be quite busy in a couple of months!

Marilyn

Paul Liberty
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marilyn, nice to meet you too and thanks for the welcome!
the grey is a mare and she is a quarter horse. we don't have any TB's on the farm.
No I haven't seen Cathy on here and yes we will be busy. lol I have been busy and it's just gonna get busier. I have been working with 14 weanlings for the last couple of months and I will have 16 new babies coming starting in January!

Cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 501
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Paul, I am Cathy, nice of you to stop by. I have thoroughbreds as Marilyn mentioned, so you have quarters? My life is always in turbo, seems if it is not breeding season it is yearling sales season and now our race meet in Tampa starts in a few weeks so then I will be doing double duty, foaling and training on the track.

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 354
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Paul, always nice to have new people join in! I breed Arabians and though they do race Arabs mine are sporthorses. :-) I only have 7 horses right now and they keep me busy, I can't believe all the work you and Cathy do!

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 630
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 04:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Paul,

Great to have you here and welcome.
Where in Hockley are you located?

Paul Liberty
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cathy, yep, it's a never-ending circle of work! lol yes all I have here at the ranch is QH's
we also have some on the track and we have some pregnant mares in Louisiana that are due to foal in Jan. I'm also re-habing a 4yr stud colt that just came off the track after he won the Pony Express Stakes race at Prairie Meadows.

Hi Tracy, boy I wish there were only 7 horses here! but then again, I wouldn't know what to do if there were only 7. lol

Hi Heather, I'm actually located in the Fieldstore area in Waller but we have a Hockley address. I'm off of Hegar and Kickapoo Roads.

Thanks to you all for such a warm welcome.

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi again Paul. I was assuming you bred Throughbreds. What do you mean by re-habing a stud colt? Does that mean he's retired from racing and now he'll be used for a stud?

I thought of more questions this morning. LOL

How old are the quarter horses when they're raced? What kind of saddle do they use and do jockey sized people ride these horses during a race?

Very curious if it's like a Throughbred race or is it quite different. I've never seen a quarter horse race or known anyone who's been to one.

(Message edited by marilyn_l on November 25, 2007)

(Message edited by marilyn_l on November 25, 2007)

Paul Liberty
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Morning Marilyn,
When I said I was 're-habing' that stud colt I meant that I am doctoring on his foot that he hurt in his last race. When his foot heals, he will go back to the track to race again.
They usually start racing at the age of 2. The saddles are like an english saddle only smaller and don't weigh very much. The races are like the Throughbreds but they are much shorter races. The race can be either 250 yards and can go up to 870 yards, so it's a pretty fast race! Yes, 'jockey sized' people ride these horses during a race. I am a retired jockey!

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 633
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul,
You will have to let us know when you will be running. Do you take horses to Sam Houston during QH racing season? If so, I will come and cheer you on!
We are in the same neck of the woods, and I make trips to the Hockley/fieldstore rd area frequently for hay and feed.

Paul Liberty
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Heather,
Yes we do have horses running at Sam Houston. The QH's will be running again starting in the end of June and then we usually have a horse or 2 in the TQHA sale at the end of July. Do you go to Franks for your feed? I live right down the road from there. You'll have to come by one day when you're in the neighborhood!

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 635
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Paul,
Great to have a neighbor!
Yes, I go to Franks to get my feed. Stocked up hay from Hegar's.
Would love to come by to see you and the horses. I can't believe time has gone by so quickly...it felt like the sale was just the other day...I missed it this year.
I do wish this weather would break...I was really enjoying those nice sunny, warm days.

Paul Liberty
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Heather,
Cool, I go to Franks just about everyday! lol
I am soooooo glad the sales are over! After Houston, I took 7yrls to Louisiana, 2 to Ruidoso,
1 to Lone Star, 1 to Los Alamitos, and 3 to the Heritage. The sales were so close together that I didn't know what day it was or where I was! lol
Yeah this weather is really the pitts. I hate it and so do the mares. I put 4 mares in the barn yesterday and they were all shaking and shivering from the cold and being wet, and now it's raining again. geesh.
Well if you want to come by, send me an e-mail and let me know when you'll be around. heres my addy: specialthrill@aol.com

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US