SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2007

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2007 « Previous Next »

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 879
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just want to wish all of you on the Board a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving as we celebrate with family of the two legged variety and our four legged variety. For those who have loved ones in the armed services I will be saying special prayers of protection. Enjoy! HUGS, Jan

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the many participants and readers of this board not from the USA, "Thanksgiving" is a national holiday celebrated there on the fourth Thursday in November.

To confuse non-North Americans who have no clue what "Thanksgiving" is further, Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated the second Monday in October.

A rough approximation for others in the world - especially the UK - would be "Harvest Festival" (except you don't get a national holiday over it!).

Of course, the season is ALL wrong for those of you in the Southern hemisphere!

:-)

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 462
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jan! I too want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 880
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jos....I learned something today! I will keep our Canadian Friends and others in mind for next year's celecbrations.:-)I forget how international we are:-)

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 347
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 08:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the USA! Everyone else, have a great weekend and good wishes all around!

Emily West
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 332
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! Thanks, Jos!! I forget how different it is all around the world. So, for everybody else I hope you have a great weekend. :-)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 469
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope it's alright with all of you if I share an e-mail I received from my son in Iraq. I'm so proud of him! I thought you might appreciate his words, coming from across the world.

On This Thanksgiving day here in Iraq once again.... I wanted to take the time to reflect on the most American of holidays. It's a time to give thanks and be greatful for all you have. And the way I see it, I would not be able to be here in Iraq without the support I receive from outside this country. And for that I am grateful. It's one thing to be in a war zone, it's another to be in a war zone, and still have a connection to home and a realization that the world does go on in a sane manner. And the peacefulness of home does help in the peacefulness of the soul away from home. And for that I wish to give thanks.

Blessed Be,

Jason

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 349
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, that was so touching, it brought tears to my eyes! I don't even know your son and I'm proud of him! What a wonderful man you raised.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 475
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It brought a tears to my eyes also. Thank you so much for the compliment Tracy! He truly has a kind heart.

Kim Peavy/ Sweetie 7/3/08
Yearling
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn: Thank you for sharing your email from your wonderful son. I too have (2) sons serving in the military. One I just got off the phone with, he's in England and due to come home next Friday night for 30 days, then he's off to Korea for a year, then Guam for 2 years. He's in Air Force. The other is completing his schooling in Texas. He is also in the Air Force and will be home Dec 15th for 2 weeks before he reports to Guam. I miss them dearly and worry for their safety but they truly believe in their country and serving in the military. I am so proud of our soldiers and pray for their safety everyday!

Tell Jason we love him and hope he stays safe and returns home soon....Kim

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 477
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim, I had no idea. It's such a worry, isn't it. But I know they're doing what they truly believe in and won't be satisfied until the job is done.

How exciting for you to have your sons with you for Christmas! I'm so happy for you and your family. What a blessing!

Please let them know how much they're appreciated and never far from our minds and hearts. Your two sons are prime examples of how our country was founded, by their sacrifice every day to serve our country.

Please know I will keep your two sons in my prayers along with my son and all other soldiers keeping our country safe. God bless them all.

Marilyn

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US