SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Behavior Change, HELP!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category » Behavior Change, HELP! « Previous Next »

Megan Diehl
Weanling
Username: Megan

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is off subject but i am hoping someone can help.
I have a 13yr old AQHA gelding that has apparently become dangerous according the people where i board him. I have never seen this horse do anything dangerous! He has never bite or kicked at me, or done anything to make me think he is dangerous. Could it be how they are handling him? He calms down as so as i get to the barn.
Any help or suggestions?
Thanks
Megan

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 333
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Megan,
It could be any number of things.
What is it that he's doing that they consider dangerous?
Is he difficult in his stall?
Or when feeding?
Does he chase down other horses while turned out?
Does he chase down people who walk in the pasture?
Is he aggressive towards other horses in any other scenario?

Megan Diehl
Weanling
Username: Megan

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It started because he went throught the fence. He test the fence daily and if it is not on he is out. He is also our "babysitter" for our foal. The then kicked one of our mares, My thinking is that he was trying to protect his baby. So they brought him in to his stall (we use tie stalls because we have drafts) and he reared up and struck out. I have NEVER seen this horse come of the ground.
I have been reading up on ulcers, we treated him for them early this summer. I think it is the fact that they changes things when I don't do chores. And change upsets his ulcers. Plus if he can't see his baby he get noisey.
Does that help?
Thanks!

Jenni Luttrell
Neonate
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has there been a change in staff were you board him and how long have you used this establishment. It could very well be how he is handled when you aren't there. Did he behave this way when his ulcers first flared up if not they probably arent the problem. Either way the behavior isn't exceptable.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US