SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Deslorelin Injection -- exact ovulation time?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Hormonal Manipulation » Deslorelin Injection -- exact ovulation time? « Previous Next »

Torsten Tiemann
Neonate
Username: Qhbreeder

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 04:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there,
I ve been crusing around in the internet for a long time to find a study on Bet Pharms Biorelease Deslorelin average time to ovulation!
I got the 10 ml Vial/ with 1 ml i.m injection per mare to induce Ovulation!
Know, I import alot of Frozen Semen from the USA
and need to know the Exact average time to Ovulation in QH Horse Mares after giving The Deslorelin THAT I HAVE!!! Its Bet Pharm!!
It would be a great help to reduce Ultrasounds on those mares!!Of course I know i have to give it to a 35 mm follikel for staying in control !

Thanks Torsten

Torsten Tiemann
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S
I`m Interested in exact average hours (Ex. 41,8 hours) based on how large a group of QH Mares( number of mares would be great to know) with administration of 1 ml of Deslorelin inj. on a <40mm follikel .
This is really what i want to know!!

Thanks Torsten

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 889
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are research articles on the BET Pharm website that should help. Navigate to the "Publications" page using the button that appears at the left of their pages. There are two articles there that will probably be applicable.

Torsten Tiemann
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry -Nothing about my Issue on Bet Pharms HP!!

Still need anyone who knows !!

Thanks Torsten

(Message edited by qh-breeder on July 11, 2006)

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is taken from the publications on the BET Pharm site that I gave above:

A preliminary study (Fleury et al, 2003) found that when deslorelin was injected Intramuscularly (IM) in estrous mares with ovarian follicles 35mm or greater at a dose of 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 mg/ml in BRT deslorelin vehicle (BET Pharm) ovulation occurred in 44.1, 49.8 and 48.7 hours, respectively, as compared to 100 hours in controls

CONTROL10 mg ECPDES 0.5 mgDES 1.0 mgDES 0.5 mg + ECPDES 1.0 mg + ECP
30-35mm> 35mm 30-35mm> 35mm30- 35mm> 35mm30-35mm> 35mm30-35mm> 35mm30-35mm> 35mm
104.4a81.0b123.1c99.6d49.0e45.8e44.8e40.8e57.6e48.0e57.3e45.6e
Means with different superscript letters are different (P<0.05)

As you do not identify what concentration of Deslorelin you have, I cannot determine from the above which results apply to your product.

Note that individual mare variability will produce variable results from mare to mare - there is no product available that will induce ovulation at the same time in all mares - the best that can be expected is a range wherein the mare is likely to ovulate. The averages are shown above.

Futher information that may be of use to you is available in the research documents that are on the BET Pharm site. If you have further questions that are not answered there, I would suggest you contact BET Pharm directly - their contact information is also given on their site.

Torsten Tiemann
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Alot , Jos
Believe it or not if you dont use your link above ,but search after ``bet lab lexington Kentucky `` through Google you end at a totally different Bet lab Page That has different Publications on!!!it !!
Should have used your link !!!!!!!! :-)
You have been of great help ----Thanks for ever!!

Torsten
P.s I hope ill be able to help anyone with threads like thawin FR Semmen ,HcG or Receptal (Intervet) Thats where i know the little things
Thanks

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US